PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 Sahara Tent Prediction Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Robototron
11-25-2008, 06:32 PM
I didn't even fucking see Ellen Allien the first time I read that. How come no Apparat with her?

I saw Apparat earlier this year. Don't know if he's still performing this way, but it was basically him playing really boring shoegaze with a full band. I mean, I like shoegaze. I like Apparat. But it was boring as FUCK. I left like half an hour into it.

I've seen Justice DJ multiple times now and they aren't awful, they're pretty fun. They get a lot of shit for their DJing, but they really aren't any worse than MSTRKRFT or any of those guys, IMO. At least a DJ set by them wouldn't be basically the same show for the third time.

frozen pilgrim
11-25-2008, 06:50 PM
NO

MORE

FUCKING

JUSTICE

rage patton
11-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Josh, I've been listening to the Avalanches album today and like it a lot. Even more intriguing that they're "known for their excellent DJ sets." I want some of that.

They are one of the acts that got me into electronic music. The more you listen to it, the more you'll like it.

Avalanches DJ set 2 years ago was one of the best i've ever seen. It was just one of those sets which gets you up to dance. Don't you think sometimes you forget the reason for seeing a DJ is to go and have fun...this was one of those sets where you're not mosh/dancing or nodding or shuffling your feet...this was one of those sets where you have a massive fucking smile plastered across your face the whole time and dancing around, slinging friends, hugging people etc etc etc

It was very good :)

This makes me so happy. I want to see them sooooooo bad. It sounds like it is EXACTLY how I want it to be. Big fucking smiles, dancing, hugs and great music! I can only imagine how thier live sets are.

action jackson
11-25-2008, 07:07 PM
READ THIS FROM THE START (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22391&highlight=ahem...)

edit: he went back, and it appears, he erased almost all of his posts, but most you can see quoted in other peoples posts.

HAHAHAHA!!! Wish I was around for all that. Wish all his original posts were around too, the quoted ones are just hilarious. Did anyone end up seeing the dude from the photo wandering around asking for acid at coachella that year? That would have been immensely hilarious.

action jackson
11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
This makes me so happy. I want to see them sooooooo bad. It sounds like it is EXACTLY how I want it to be. Big fucking smiles, dancing, hugs and great music! I can only imagine how thier live sets are.

I like you Rage Patton, in a completely heterosexual kind of way lol Pretty much exactly the same taste in music.

orbit
11-25-2008, 08:10 PM
I saw Apparat earlier this year. Don't know if he's still performing this way, but it was basically him playing really boring shoegaze with a full band. I mean, I like shoegaze. I like Apparat. But it was boring as FUCK. I left like half an hour into it.

he is still performing with his band. i think it's pretty good. he loves having a band and play live, and the guys are finally forming a good team.and adding the fact that apparat is a great musician.

he's not playing with ellen allien anymore though. that was a experimental project and it worked great. after that, apparat went with his band, and ellen keeps working on her solo projects. last year, my friend tried to book them for some shows in south america and they said a show with both of them was not possible. coachella could make it happen though.

orbit
11-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Note: I edited my first post to include Plump DJ's. I've only seen them once but it was one of the best, if not the best DJ set I've ever seen. Talk is abound that they might be around this year. Yes, please.

they will be there. watch.

CalmerThanYou
11-25-2008, 08:15 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Wish I was around for all that. Wish all his original posts were around too, the quoted ones are just hilarious. Did anyone end up seeing the dude from the photo wandering around asking for acid at coachella that year? That would have been immensely hilarious.

hopefully we do this year, that thread was just from a couple months ago.

action jackson
11-25-2008, 08:19 PM

Probably should have checked when that was from lol

Backwater
11-25-2008, 08:25 PM
We never forget. Check out MSparks and PC-2 Violence's avatars.

rage patton
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM

Oh man. I never even thought about that. Everyone must be on the lookout for Chad sightings! Hell, even sightings of his friends!

I like you Rage Patton, in a completely heterosexual kind of way lol Pretty much exactly the same taste in music.

You haven't been here long action jackson, but I like your style. I will give you some free advice. Don't take shit to seriously around here, be witty, and contribute new and original ideas to threads around the board... and you will do alright. I also advise you to read the stick at the top of this thread.
You seem like a good guy, hopefully you stick around.

action jackson
11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I'll definitely be hanging around until April next year and afterwards to talk about the awesomness which will no doubtedly be Coachella '09. But, i'm coming from Australia, so i think the pain of watching you guys talking about who is playing at Coachella '10 will be too much to handle. Unless of course i save to come again!!!

LooseAtTheZoo
11-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh man. I never even thought about that. Everyone must be on the lookout for Chad sightings! Hell, even sightings of his friends!

You haven't been here long action jackson, but I like your style. I will give you some free advice. Don't take shit to seriously around here, be witty, and contribute new and original ideas to threads around the board... and you will do alright. I also advise you to read the stick at the top of this thread.
You seem like a good guy, hopefully you stick around.

I already sense a budding bromance

boarderwoozel3
11-26-2008, 04:34 AM
Ha. Ecstasy puts you in a really good mood, and this is the Sahara thread...

All Your Base
11-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Couple of things:

RITM might not happen simply because of Bunny's injury. Haven't hard anything about how he's doing since the BunnyFit at Vanguard back in early October. I can say that they stole the show for me at EDC. I'd never seen them and they were fantastic.

Re: Deadmau5 - somebody a few pages back said he's pretty much ruled out. Can you expand on that? I've seen him twice this year (missed at Coachella last year) and he's got it goin' on right now. One of the times I saw him was in the freaking Virgin Megastore @ Hollywood & Highland. Sound sucked, but he still rocked it, for free, for a solid hour. I'm going to get my fix on New Year's Eve, but the way he's been producing this year, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a brand new set by Coachella time in '09.

For those that don't have The Presets on your list, you're making a mistake.

feather
11-28-2008, 03:44 PM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23231&highlight=deadmau5

That was the thread about no Deadmau5 in 2009. Hopefully RITM will be there, now that the two of them live in LA it is an easier situation. Presets on my list always.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Feather, do you happen to have any designs for your shirts yet? They sounded so great, I want to see what they would look like

frozen pilgrim
11-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm still working on my RATM 07 shirt.
I've been through like fifty designs, but I've decided finally.
white t (has to be wearable AT coachella), black flag with a red star on the front, and in block white text:
"I survived rager grrr '07"

on the back, the stereotypical che guevara stencil, about 9 inches in diameter, followed by the text:
"this man was NOT a member of rage against the machine"

All Your Base
11-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks Feather. That's a little bit of a bummer, but on the plus side, TAO should be good. He did a BUNCH of stuff I'd never heard at.....(I laugh every time I say it) the Virgin freaking Megastore. :cool:

Confusious (?) did okay, but they're definitely a live act. The DJ set was not great. In the intro though, he talked about how Bunny was hurt really badly by some assholes in Korea. Apparently someone threw a glass bottle at him during a show and it hit is orbital bone and shattered. :sad: Medical bills must be a sob.

feather
11-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Feather, do you happen to have any designs for your shirts yet? They sounded so great, I want to see what they would look like

I don't have the designs yet! I really need to think it over...but once the lineup is announced I will be in full swing. Since the Prodigy isn't playing I will make that shirt if they tour the US.

Thanks Feather. That's a little bit of a bummer, but on the plus side, TAO should be good. He did a BUNCH of stuff I'd never heard at.....(I laugh every time I say it) the Virgin freaking Megastore. :cool:

Confusious (?) did okay, but they're definitely a live act. The DJ set was not great. In the intro though, he talked about how Bunny was hurt really badly by some assholes in Korea. Apparently someone threw a glass bottle at him during a show and it hit is orbital bone and shattered. :sad: Medical bills must be a sob.

Yay for TAO! By this nye, I will have seen Deadmau5 four times already so I really could care less if he played Coachella or not. I REALLY wanted to go to the Bunny fund raiser but I wasn't 21 yet and sneaking in didn't work. Seeing them at EDC was beyond amazing though. I was so enthralled by everything Bunny did, even though I knew exactly what their stage performance looked like. So hopefully he is ready to go by 2009.

All Your Base
11-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Yay for TAO! By this nye, I will have seen Deadmau5 four times already so I really could care less if he played Coachella or not. I REALLY wanted to go to the Bunny fund raiser but I wasn't 21 yet and sneaking in didn't work. Seeing them at EDC was beyond amazing though. I was so enthralled by everything Bunny did, even though I knew exactly what their stage performance looked like. So hopefully he is ready to go by 2009.

Christ there were two Sheriffs working the door with security. Never seen anything like that before in Hollywood. They were complete dicks too. Pretty much screwed with everyone in line....they weren't even checking anyone....just standing there making comments.

That show was AMAZING having never seen them. Blew my mind. I REALLY want to see them again.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Wolfman.

All Your Base
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Wolfman.

Wow...was that really a Hollywood & Wolfman re:? :eek:

theripped
11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Burial

betao
11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
ok, this took some thought.

my ideal sahara lineup:

Friday

10:45-close: The Prodigy
9:10-10:20: Rabbit in the Moon
8:00-9:00: Squarepusher
7:00-8:00: Hive
5:50-7:00: Adam Freeland
4:50-5:50: Plump Djs
3:30-4:50: Krafty Kuts
2:20-3:30: M.A.N.D.Y.
12:00-2:20: Dieselboy/Andy C

Saturday

10:30-close: Underworld
8:45-10:10: Future Sound of London
7:10-8:20: Infected Mushroom
6:00-7:00: Booka Shade
5:00-6:00: Noisia
4:00-5:00: Erelend Oye
3:00-4:00: Steve Lawler
2:00-3:00: Overseer (live)
12:00-1:45: James Zabiela

Sunday

10:30-close: Orbital
8:45-10:10: Royksopp
7:20-8:20: Sander Van Doorn
6:00-7:20: Felix da Housecat
5:00-6:00: Amon Tobin
4:00-5:00: 2 Many Djs
2:45-4:00: The Presets
1:15-2:30: Birdy Nam Nam
12:00-1:15: Shinichi Osawa

there may be a few missing, and I know its unrealistic, but damn. for me, that would be cool.

All Your Base
11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
betao, that's pretty damned near perfection right there. Amon Tobin's latest "Foley Room" is real good. He gets an A in my gradebook for web-site design too.

EDIT: Well, it USED to be, but www.amontobin.com now redirects to his myspace page. Shame...it was pretty cool.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-29-2008, 12:03 PM
That looks like a highly realistic lineup to me. It wouldn't get me that pumped, but it's highly realistic.

PassiveTheory
11-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Erelend Oye and Royksopp being both booked is a little much, and Krafty Kuts' timeslot is weird as hell (I think he and Freeland or even he and M.A.N.D.Y. ought to switch slots) but overall not a bad job. Didn't know you had a spot in your heart for Shinichi Osawa though.

betao
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I went ahead and switched them. And Erelend Oye and Royksopp is not too much ;)

sbessiso
11-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Do you plan on leaving the Sahara at all?

stinkbutt
11-29-2008, 12:43 PM
That's a good list

I'm still kicking myself for missing Freeland this year

betao
11-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Do you plan on leaving the Sahara at all?

depends on who else is playing.

but if we get that kind of lineup this year.... the only thing i'll be leaving the sahara for is bathroom breaks.

sbessiso
11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
That's nuts!!

betao
11-29-2008, 01:14 PM
i'd definitely be sleeping well at night.

Derekx
11-29-2008, 02:25 PM
That is a fucking amazing line up! Make it happen GV.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-29-2008, 02:45 PM
ok, this took some thought.

my ideal sahara lineup:

Friday

10:45-close: The Prodigy
9:10-10:20: Rabbit in the Moon
7:00-8:00: Hive
4:50-5:50: Plump Djs
3:30-4:50: Krafty Kuts
2:20-3:30: M.A.N.D.Y.
12:00-2:20: Dieselboy/Andy C

Saturday

10:30-close: Underworld
8:45-10:10: Future Sound of London
7:10-8:20: Infected Mushroom
6:00-7:00: Booka Shade
12:00-1:45: James Zabiela

Sunday

10:30-close: Orbital
8:45-10:10: Royksopp
7:20-8:20: Sander Van Doorn
6:00-7:20: Felix da Housecat
5:00-6:00: Amon Tobin
4:00-5:00: 2 Many Djs

there may be a few missing, and I know its unrealistic, but damn. for me, that would be cool.

This is too good. I wouldn't be seeing any other acts.

And stinkbutt, who else were you seeing during Freeland. He was one of the top Sahara acts of the weekend.

patsfan5454
11-29-2008, 02:55 PM
I dont think this works, isnt the prodigy playing in the UK on Friday, I like that you have shinichi osawa but i would give him a better afternoon slot and add some crookers!!

Shooters08
11-29-2008, 03:04 PM
The Sahara tent underdogs that will be f'n awesome are The Japenese Popsatars (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=61745440)!! Three guys from Ireland. If you never heard of them you should check out their website.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-29-2008, 03:12 PM
I hate Shooters08.

Shooters08
11-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Ahh and we were getting along so well. That just ruined it all for me. waaaahhhh.
By the way to the guy above with the lineup. UNDERWORLD SUCKS NOW! It would be a negative to have those ass bags play at Coachella. I saw them last year with other people who loved them and we all left early. They are terrible now

betao
11-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I dont think this works, isnt the prodigy playing in the UK on Friday, I like that you have shinichi osawa but i would give him a better afternoon slot and add some crookers!!

yeah I know. I made it knowing that it was unrealistic.

Ahh and we were getting along so well. That just ruined it all for me. waaaahhhh.
By the way to the guy above with the lineup. UNDERWORLD SUCKS NOW! It would be a negative to have those ass bags play at Coachella. I saw them last year with other people who loved them and we all left early. They are terrible now

i saw them back in august and they were out of this world.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Out of this UNDERworld

betao
11-29-2008, 04:46 PM

+3

feather
11-29-2008, 05:24 PM
That's nuts!!

Yah well you better be in the Sahara MORE this year Salah, I'm counting on spreading glitter and magic with you.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-29-2008, 07:22 PM
TIGA

boarderwoozel3
11-29-2008, 08:40 PM

Blasphemy! Go somewhere else while they shred the Sahara then, sheesh. The rest of us will be sure to tell you what a horrible mistake you made afterward.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Yah well you better be in the Sahara MORE this year Salah, I'm counting on spreading glitter and magic with you.

Of course! No doubt i'll get my rave on with y'all, but I just can't spend the weekend in there. Surely you guys understand...

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Unrealistic but I'll definitely be at Sahara all day and night (except if they conflict with Bowie, McCartney, Muse) if lineup is something like this ...

Friday

10:45-close: Orbital
9:10-10:20: Royskopp
7:00-8:00: Vitalic
4:50-5:50: Sveth Van
3:30-4:50: Umek
2:20-3:30: Juse Wan
12:00-2:20: Delphic

Saturday

10:30-close: The Chemical Brothers
8:45-10:10: Tears for Fears
7:10-8:20: Faithless
6:00-7:00: The Knife
12:00-1:45: Cassius

Sunday

10:30-close: The Prodigy
8:45-10:10: Pet Shop Boys
7:20-8:20: Future Sound of London
6:00-7:20: Fennesz
5:00-6:00: Trentemoller
4:00-5:00: Club 8

Thanks Matt for setting up the template and writing out some acts for me. :)

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Tears for Fears in the Sahara???????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Hmm, I may be down, but I think I like Tears For Fears playing mainstage at Sunset. They would have to change a lot of their songs to fit the Sahara mold, wouldn't they?

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:08 AM
I know some people are saying here they are too big at Sahara. I think they are too big in this message board only. But I think they better be at Sahara. You don't want Tears for Fears get the same lame Coachella crowd Depeche Mode got in '06 and Kraftwerk got in '08, Salah ... right?

Anyway, still too unrealistic ... lol look at where Faithless, FSOL and PSB at in my dream Sahara wish list bill.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Well it's not that, it's the type of music that they play. It doesn't really fit the Sahara, don't you think? They would have to remix a lot of their shit if they want to keep the ravers happy, which is something I dont want. You know what I mean? What about outdoor theater? Imagine "Head Over Heels" as the sun sets....

p.s.-was the kraftwerk crowd this year really considered "lame"?

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Ooh, you did'nt notice? (Re: crowd at Kraftwerk)

Fine. Tears for Fears headlining Outdoor stage. I don't think they'll get an outdoor crowd like this at Coachella.

mcbgRUQaza8

You don't want them to get a crowd waiting for headliners at main stage! They are going to be really lame ... TRUST ME! Get my point as to why they should play at Sahara AND not play as one of the subs at outdoor stages?

Acts who DJ or mix stuffs are not the only ones should be playing at Sahara. Look where PSB and Club 8 at? Yeah, Tears for Fears can be inventive with their live set by them having play extended remix versions of Head Over Heals, Mad World, Everybody Wants to Rule the World etc. Yeah, take note EXTENDED REMIX. Pale Shelter, Head Over Heals, Mad World, Change, Shout ... how can those songs not be appropriate at Sahara? I'd imagine everyone will have their most epic time ever at Sahara.

And ooh, GV can convert the Sahara (so it could accommodate big crowds) for all those days like what they did for Madonna. See? Madonna at Sahara. Did she DJ or remix stuffs?

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Were you one of those gawking/too mesmerized ... just nodding their heads during Kraftwerk? :)

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 07:35 AM
That is possible the greatest live video i've ever seen and it is further proof that T4F belong on a proper rock'n'roll stage. But you know what, I'll take them however Coachella decides to serve them. I'm not too sure what you mean by EXTENDED REMIX, though. I just don't want the songs to be almost unrecognizable, I want to rock out to the songs I played and played and played in high school. :)

p.s.-Lead singer's hair is AMAZINGGGG

p.s.s.-C'mon idrive, Madonna IS MADONNA. Plus, she was promoting her "Confessions on a Dance Floor" album. Also, she's MADONNA.

Were you one of those gawking/too mesmerized ... just nodding their heads during Kraftwerk? :)

I was coming up on some acid. If I remember correctly, they're not exactly outrageously danceable. But don't get me wrong, I had a blast! I knew zero kraftwerk before that night. It's really nice sometimes having a clean slate of knowledge when it comes to seeing a band live. Those robot things WERE SO COOL

did I mention that she's MADONNA?

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm getting the impression that most Coachellans will only dance/rave inside Sahara. ;) NO NO NO to all of those acts I listed playing outdoor at Sahara.

You were one of those robotic crowd gawking/tripping during Kraftwerk! lol

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:45 AM
They let her do that because NOT only she is Madonna but her type of music fits in Sahara.

New Wave 80s/Madonna/PSB music = dancing/nu raving @ Sahara

malcolmjamalawesome
11-30-2008, 07:46 AM
I've said it once. I'll say it again.

YES YES YES to The Knife.
NO NO NO to The Knife in the Sahara.

And OH HELL TO THE NO to Tears for Fears in the Sahara.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Hey! I resent that!! I moved around! I moved around as much as the music would allow me to. (re.kraftwerk)

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Ed Banger fanboys, get out! (Not you, Salah) ... so out of touch with real great global EDM music and who should be great at Sahara (which would be ooh ooh oh OK outdoor)... ;)

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 08:29 AM
I still don't even know what an Ed Banger is, so don't worry idrive. I'm not very familiar with EDM in general. I'll take whatever the Sahara throws at me

HEADSTRUCK
11-30-2008, 08:36 AM
u dont need to know what ed banger is Salah. It would just be a waste of your life to check into it

betao
11-30-2008, 09:02 AM
agree 100%

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Well I hate those tacky ass shirts, so I was never gunna investigate on my own

HEADSTRUCK
11-30-2008, 09:16 AM
the music is even more tacky

All Your Base
11-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Wait wait wait.....is T4F just hopeless wishing, or might that really happen - regardless of what stage?

malcolmjamalawesome
11-30-2008, 09:36 AM
By the way, how about Hercules and his homeboy Love Affair

rage patton
11-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Wait... the crowd were Kraftwerk weren't "lame" at all this year. What did everyone expect? A giant dance party? I thought the crowd was perfect for Kraftwerk this year. Or maybe it was just the people around me... Kraftwerk were the best of Coachella 08 for me.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Sigh. I wish Faithless would come back.

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 10:31 AM
That's what they said. It's the type of thing I don't like in Coachella ... am not going to elaborate my rant if you don't get it as you are one of the "crowd is perfect" crowd. It's what made it imperfect for me. ;) *re: rage's post*

rage patton
11-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Who said what? Im confused.

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Wait... the crowd were Kraftwerk weren't "lame" at all this year. What did everyone expect? A giant dance party? I thought the crowd was perfect for Kraftwerk this year. Or maybe it was just the people around me... Kraftwerk were the best of Coachella 08 for me.

Whatever, rage.

Hint: I am not expecting a giant dance party / many real electronic fans also saw how lame the crowd was everywhere ... crowd/people scratching their heads / just gawking (mostly confused) ... they are there mostly waiting for Prince

Yeah, that hipsters/Prince crowd was perfect for Kraftwerk's set. It's my first Kraftwerk but I saw that coming as it was so wrong for Kraftwerk to get that slot. It's going to be purely magical if that happens at any festivals in Europe. It's not really solely Coachella's fault.*/end of my rant*

Trick Loves The Kids
11-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Kraftwerk owned

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Whatever, rage.

Hint: I am not expecting a giant dance party / many real electronic fans also saw how lame the crowd was everywhere ... crowd/people scratching their heads / just gawking (mostly confused) ... they are there mostly waiting for Prince

Yeah, that hipsters/Prince crowd was perfect for Kraftwerk's set. It's my first Kraftwerk but I saw that coming as it was so wrong for Kraftwerk to get that slot. It's going to be purely magical if that happens at any festivals in Europe. It's not really solely Coachella's fault.*/end of my rant*

I'm still confused by this. How do crowds normally act at a Kraftwerk concert? I love Kraftwerk, but I still don't think it's necessarily "danceable" music, at least by modern definition.

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Real fans of Kratfwerk/with appreciation of electronic music would not look confuse or bored watching shows like Kraftwerk (did see some of engaging crowd in their past live shows). You don't really need to dance wildly or dance like a fool to get into live electronic music engagingly.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 11:12 AM
They don't look confuse or bored since they are not really there waiting for their favorite act.

Alright. But I think that was the minimum. I was second row behind the rail, almost dead center, and the majority of people around me were going nuts during Kraftwerk, absolutely transfixed.

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 11:22 AM
That's a great crowd. I wish I was in that area. I was at 2nd row so I ASSumed whatever happened with crowd upfront was true everywhere.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 11:24 AM
That's a great crowd. I wish I was in that area. I was at 2nd row so I ASSumed whatever happened with crowd upfront was true everywhere.

What side were you on?

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 11:26 AM
a little left of center

*I think*

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 11:33 AM
a little left of center

So left side of the divide? I was on the right.

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 11:36 AM
I was at the wrong side! *Blame the Death Boring for Cutie ... you're side was probably the only one a little bit rocking/going nuts*

gratytrainridesagain
11-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I was on the left as well good times all the people in that area were a blast

SoulDischarge
11-30-2008, 11:59 AM
I was way too fucked up to worry about the damned crowd. That sunset Kraftwerk show was perfect.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I was at the wrong side! *Blame the Death Boring for Cutie ... you're side was probably the only one a little bit rocking/going nuts*

Death Cab was horrible, but it worked out. My friend got there early to see one of his favorite bands (yuck) and I got a primo spot for Kraftwerk/Portsihead/Prince

rage patton
11-30-2008, 12:50 PM
I was on the right hand side probably halway between the first barrier and the second barrier, and all the people around me were grooving. Sometime standing still in awe, sometimes bouncing, sometimes just dancing to themselves... it was awesome. Every person around me during Karftwerk were there to see either Kraftwerk and/or Portishead. Most people I was talking too couldn't give a shit about Prince. It was kinda funny actually.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I was way too fucked up to worry about the damned crowd. That sunset Kraftwerk show was perfect.

Mhhhmmm

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Goddamn M.I.A.

Self FAIL!

u dont need to know what ed banger is Salah. It would just be a waste of your life to check into it

This is outstandingly sig worthy. So true, so funny.

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 01:53 PM
You have to start forgiving yourself, my friend. I missed Depeche Mode in 2006 and I'm now starting to come to terms with it. AT LEAST you saw P-Squared. (You did see P-Squared, right??)

idrive1life
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I did'nt know that. You missed DM, Salah? I don't like you anymore. That's unforgiveable. I feel like you are one of those into electronic just because of DP and just got into new wave 80s cause ... ;) I kid. I was in the middle of deep cluster fuck during SR, FF and DM but I still made it near the very front during DP. I'm better than Chris. I know how to rock, have fun and be where the action is (and still staying nice). lulz, just kidding

I missed Faithless in '07 and Massive Attack in '06 (no biggie in '08 ... maybe Pendulum or Islands) :( Bite me ... right now!

If I make it in Coachella '09 - I'll tell you where we should be rocking. I will be out of the country once they announce the lineup in January though. :( I hope Paul T will not announce in US or Mexico.

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah I caught P^2.

Anyway, all I want for x-mas is this in the Sahara (especially the second half, Cowgirl, holy rave balls!)

B_XQqa-u85M

Awesome much?
Underworld has leapfrogged The Chems for the top spot on my Sahara wish list.
(and APW seriously got Radiohead for two nights and Underworld?!?! Paul owes us sooooo much!)

sbessiso
11-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Don't make me feel bad!!! I've been an 80's music fan for a long time but I never discovered DM until recently. The cure has been in rotation since childhood. I just didn't know OK? I just didn't know. :'(

I'm sad now.

It's like you're ripping open the wound and pouring salt and lemon juice in it, idrive.

Undies
11-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I was on the left as well good times all the people in that area were a blast

Kraftwerk was the biggest draw for me in 08, and I actually walked away disappointed in the crowd (not Kraftwerk). I expected a higher energy crowd and more dancing. I was on the left side about 10 ft in front of the sound board.

Undies
11-30-2008, 03:46 PM
By the way, how about Hercules and his homeboy Love Affair

Hercules and Love Affair is high on my list for 09. I'm surprised their name hasn't been tossed out more. Anyone else agree, or are ya'll not as into it?

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Hercules and Love Affair is high on my list for 09. I'm surprised their name hasn't been tossed out more. Anyone else agree, or are ya'll not as into it?

I'd much rather have Antony and the Johnsons.

action jackson
11-30-2008, 04:31 PM
I wanna see more fools gold action, i rekon joker's of the scene would put on a goddamn awesome show to a big excited croud!

beatboy
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM
my predictions for 09´ is :
crookers
bloody beetroots
crystal castles
hercules & the love affair
the presets
a-trak
Sinden & Count
Etienne de crecy (live)

what I want:
sven vath (i don´t know when was the last time that he play in california)
vitalic
jeff mills or dave clarke (some hard techno)
eric morillo (houseeeeiii comercial, why not)
Sander Van Doorn
swedish house mafia (1 or maybe 2 of this mafia)
derrick may (we need to get back the vinyls)
kinky (they already play on coachella but I will like in the sahara)

and headliners:
the return of Orbital, Underworld (I already see this guys but sahara tent, has an a special vibe,the crowd is insane) and Rabbit in the moon (they deserve to play in coachella)

Robototron
11-30-2008, 08:09 PM
Just to comment on whoever's dream lineup from a few pages back: Fennesz and Club 8? In the Sahara?!

Kraftwerk was amazing, but that crowd did suck. Most people where I was (very close to the stage on the left) were just standing there. I guess if you can't pogo up and down to it for an hour then most people don't consider it "dance" music.

H&LA would be good (anyone see them on tour this year? They were awesome!) and probably going to happen. Pitchfork-approved recently popular DFA act? That should be an obvious choice for GV.

Also, can we start an official "no Crookers, Bloody Beetroots, or Crystal Castles" petition? Please?

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Just to comment on whoever's dream lineup from a few pages back: Fennesz and Club 8? In the Sahara?!

Kraftwerk was amazing, but that crowd did suck. Most people where I was (very close to the stage on the left) were just standing there. I guess if you can't pogo up and down to it for an hour then most people don't consider it "dance" music.

H&LA would be good (anyone see them on tour this year? They were awesome!) and probably going to happen. Pitchfork-approved recently popular DFA act? That should be an obvious choice for GV.

Also, can we start an official "no Crookers, Bloody Beetroots, or Crystal Castles" petition? Please?

Prepare yourself mentally for Crystal Castles to be there; you know it's happening

action jackson
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM

GLADLY join a Crystal Castles petition!! Whilst i don't love the other two, they would be pretty fun to see live and have a stupid dance to.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-30-2008, 08:26 PM
GLADLY join a Crystal Castles petition!! Whilst i don't love the other two, they would be pretty fun to see live and have a stupid dance to.

You misread his petition. He doesn't want Crystal Castles there.

PassiveTheory
11-30-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry but the Beetroots put on an amazing live show, so fuck that noise about no Beetroots in the Sahara this year.

Also, during Kraftwerk this year, I was right by the intersection of the dividers on the right hand side, about 4 feet away from the parallel-to-the-stage divider, and it was just a bunch of stiff standing around. I was the only person dancing. Fuckers.

action jackson
11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
You misread his petition. He doesn't want Crystal Castles there.

No, i would gladly join a petition to keep em out!!! Sorry i wasn't very clear.

NO Crystal Casles

Somewhere between ambivalent and yes to the other two! lol

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 08:52 PM
(EXTREMELY UNLIKELY)

Etienne De Crecy
Cassius
Stardust
Le Knight Club
DJ Falcon
Para One
Busy P
Mr. Oizo

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Etienne De Crecy

I really hope so. That light show would blow minds.

And....
http://www.virtualfestivals.com/newsletter/28112008-Rockness/rockness.jpg

PassiveTheory
11-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Woozel the dude said that Etienne would be extremely unlikely, not a cause to approve his post I'd say.

Backwater
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry but the Beetroots put on an amazing live show, so fuck that noise about no Beetroots in the Sahara this year.

QFT. The Bloody Beetroots are great live.

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Woozel the dude said that Etienne would be extremely unlikely, not a cause to approve his post I'd say.

I don't know... It seems so unlikely, but yet again Goldenvoice has the magic touch of booking everyone they ask. I mean they got Prince and Aphex Twin last year. That's absolutely incredible.

rage patton
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Seriously, unless the act is DEAD or playing elsewhere during all 3 days of Coachella... no act is unlikely for Coachella.

superfiction
11-30-2008, 09:05 PM
(EXTREMELY UNLIKELY)

Stardust

duh. they have one song

(EXTREMELY UNLIKELY)
Mr. Oizo

if by unlikely you mean likely, then yes.

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 09:07 PM
It would appear I can't read, or at least don't care to from time to time...

I don't know... It seems so unlikely, but yet again Goldenvoice has the magic touch of booking everyone they ask. I mean they got Prince and Aphex Twin last year. That's absolutely incredible.
Hope so. But the Smiths have proved themselves a slippery fish.

Robototron
11-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Why is DJ Falcon unlikely?

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:17 PM
duh. they have one song

Well I said Stardust cuz I also mentioned the other very unlikely duo, Le Night Club. So like a Roule and Crydamoure reunion... best of both worlds haha.

Mordecai
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
my predictions for 09´ is :
crookers
bloody beetroots
crystal castles
hercules & the love affair
the presets
a-trak
Sinden & Count
Etienne de crecy (live)

I'd say you are batting pretty close to 100% on that one. Although, is there something that makes you think Etienne de crecy is likely? Other then his show looks amazingly awesome?

I wanna see more fools gold action, i rekon joker's of the scene would put on a goddamn awesome show to a big excited croud!

Yes. That is all I have to say to that.

Prepare yourself mentally for Crystal Castles to be there; you know it's happening

Agreed. However, I also agree that they are horrible live. I really wanted to like them, but just couldn't. Unfortunate.

if by unlikely you mean likely, then yes.

hahahaha. True.

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Why is DJ Falcon unlikely?

I always think all the house music artists like Falcon and Etienne are really hard to come across at a show (though I did see DJ Falcon at LAX about 3 weeks ago and signed my Roule vinyl) It's one of those artists you'd see on very rare occasions.

Nevermind when I mentioned Busy P unlikely, cuz he just recently put the coachella myspace on his top 8.

action jackson
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't know whether you Americans know it yet, but the presets after dark would blow your balls off! lol

No offense meant at all, just obviously cause they are Australian we've loved them for ages.

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know whether you Americans know it yet, but the presets after dark would blow your balls off! lol

No offense meant at all, just obviously cause they are Australian we've loved them for ages.

I saw the presets! They're awesome at Detour Festival!

action jackson
11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
If they (The Presets) got a night spot with the awesome lights in the sahara i guarantee face melting when the play anywhere into i go hard i go home

And that busy p myspace thing is pretty cool, would love to see busy p there (i've had a great time at his sets) I have a feeling there is quite a few busy p bashers round these parts though lol

Robototron
11-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I always think all the house music artists like Falcon and Etienne are really hard to come across at a show (though I did see DJ Falcon at LAX about 3 weeks ago and signed my Roule vinyl) It's one of those artists you'd see on very rare occasions.

Like you said, DJ Falcon just toured, and I think he played NYC around this time last year as well. He's one of the few Cryda/Roule guys that still DJs regularly, I think, but I don't really follow his tour schedule, so not really sure.

I saw The Presets in 06 and they were great. Not really into them as much anymore now, though (overhyped, new album sucked, etc.).

Also, I just realized, Alan Braxe? Definitely fills the "classic Daft Punk related DJ" spot, still DJing often, and a big enough name to get a decent set time.

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Like you said, DJ Falcon just toured, and I think he played NYC around this time last year as well. He's one of the few Cryda/Roule guys that still DJs regularly, I think, but I don't really follow his tour schedule, so not really sure.

I saw The Presets in 06 and they were great. Not really into them as much anymore now, though (overhyped, new album sucked, etc.).

Also, I just realized, Alan Braxe? Definitely fills the "classic Daft Punk related DJ" spot, still DJing often, and a big enough name to get a decent set time.

Yeah they both are great DJs. Honestly, I'm really hoping for some old house classics rather than electro, for example, Cassius!

action jackson
11-30-2008, 09:29 PM

Agree first album was was better and they are WAAAAY overhyped but their show has continued to get better and better over the years and they still play lots of old songs.

Mordecai
11-30-2008, 09:30 PM

No offense taken. But I'm Canadian. That being said, WHEN they play Sahara this year it will be amazing. So good live. A must see.

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Imagine a Buffalo Bunch reunion!

Mordecai
11-30-2008, 09:34 PM

That would be sweet. Anyone have any thoughts on other "French House" representation. Fred Falke, Kris Menace, Lifelike, etc?

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Play Paul, Paul Johnson, Armand Van Helden (if he drops his older tracks), Eric Chedeville, Dimitri from Paris, I-Cube

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
anyone on the track Teachers by Daft Punk :)

superfiction
11-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah they both are great DJs. Honestly, I'm really hoping for some old house classics rather than electro, for example, Cassius!

and since you seem to think you know about all thigns french then you probably know that they are brothers

EtJusticePourTous
11-30-2008, 11:51 PM
and since you seem to think you know about all thigns french then you probably know that they are brothers

1. I know quite a bit about the french electronic/house movement.
2. I do know that Alan Braxe and DJ Falcon are in fact COUSINS.

Get your facts straight before you criticize others.

boarderwoozel3
11-30-2008, 11:54 PM
:rolleyes

malcolmjamalawesome
12-01-2008, 12:17 PM
There is only one French DJ that needs discussed and he lives in a sexy cube.

ficklecycle
12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
So Basement Jaxx is playing right? Someone please say yes.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Mar 8 2009 8:00P
Sidney Myer Music Bowl Melbourne, Aus
Mar 9 2009 8:00P
Rundle Park Adelaide, Aus
Apr 20 2009 8:00P
Newcastle Academy Newcastle, UK
Apr 21 2009 8:00P
Nottingham Rock City Nottingham, UK
Apr 23 2009 8:00P
Birmingham Academy Birmingham, UK

It's possible!

ficklecycle
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM

It's possible!

Thank you Trick for sharing that!

Are those live dates?

Trick Loves The Kids
12-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah I just copied them from their Myspace.

vogina
12-01-2008, 04:48 PM
basement jaxx, give me a hug tricks

signmeup
12-01-2008, 06:56 PM

haha you thought they were brothers

signmeup
12-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Imagine a Buffalo Bunch reunion!

yeah right!

though ive heard there should be some new le knight club coming eventually!

Brochella
12-03-2008, 03:42 PM
alright, forget all the speculating and posturing. all i want for coachella 2009 is the chemical brothers. give me this and i will be happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfV5L8PjJE&feature=related

feather
12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Chemical:pulseBrothers.

coldstart
12-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Richard D James.

frozen pilgrim
12-03-2008, 06:14 PM
again.

yes.

PassiveTheory
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
ETIENNE.

DE.

CRECY.

Boourns
12-03-2008, 06:53 PM
ORBITAL

menikmati
12-03-2008, 06:59 PM
O R B I T A L

rage patton
12-03-2008, 07:05 PM

It's possible!

Those date make me highly doubt Basement Jaxx. Sorry Trick. But you are right, it is possible.

leo01g
12-03-2008, 08:24 PM
i think they'd be perfect for friday either playing after the stupid killers on the main stage or the Sahara

Boourns
12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Orbital will play during the Killers.

leo01g
12-03-2008, 09:43 PM
yeah i guess we can have basement jaxx on saturday

idrive1life
12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Riton

http://www.einekleinenachtmusik.tv/

betao
12-03-2008, 09:58 PM
ETIENNE.

DE.

CRECY.

i've been trying to get into him. the show is good but the music is meh. nothing that exciting.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Betao, if you can find it, get his Pukkelpop 2008 set on mp3. It really rocks harder than most of his singles and the videos out there, sweeter mixes or something.

disqo
12-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Pacific!!!!! It'd be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9zCOP-PfU

http://www.myspace.com/musicpacific

paganman7
12-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Friday: Basement Jaxx --> Röyksopp --> Orbital

Saturday: Air --> Ladytron --> Chemical Brothers

Sunday: Future Sound of London --> The Knife --> Underworld

leo01g
12-04-2008, 12:18 PM

this would be a dream come true but its never going to happen!

nohardfelines
12-04-2008, 12:38 PM
The Bug

coldstart
12-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Layo and Bushwacka! would be a nice fit.

disqo
12-04-2008, 01:20 PM
this would be a dream come true but its never going to happen!

yeah, if i had a magic delorean. let's get more progressive here.

daft$tar
12-04-2008, 01:34 PM

that would be epic - i know that ladytron is being dissed this year tho...

leo01g
12-04-2008, 02:09 PM
hO56IGqPe4k
you know it!

IngenJoolerie
12-04-2008, 10:53 PM
shpongle looks/sounds so dope! definitely want to see them. mstrkrft, bloody beetroots, crookers, boyz noize, oizo, deadmau5, surkin, para one, lcd soundsystem, prydz, busy p, sebastian tellier, streetlife dj's, fake blood, both the count and sinden, dr. lektroluv, future sound of london, digitalism (live), kaskade, sebastian, crystal castles, drop the lime (confirmed already?), soulwax, ratatat + more

and its kinda a stretch but STS9 in the sahara please!!!!! if no sahara i will be content with walking over to the main

and where does this info come from about DP recording a new album?

CalmerThanYou
12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
DP is recording a new album, theyve confirmed that their back in the studio...supposedly set to release 9/9/09.

STS9 would be amazing.

how about Kill the Noise as an early warm up...anyone?

Derekx
12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Bloody Beetroots for 09!
zO4v6Nwiyys

feather
12-05-2008, 10:30 AM
They were pretty great at Detour...and hold a special place in my heart because that's where I met Calmer/Sonic :)

Robototron
12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
shpongle looks/sounds so dope! definitely want to see them. mstrkrft, bloody beetroots, crookers, boyz noize, oizo, deadmau5, surkin, para one, lcd soundsystem, prydz, busy p, sebastian tellier, streetlife dj's, fake blood, both the count and sinden, dr. lektroluv, future sound of london, digitalism (live), kaskade, sebastian, crystal castles, drop the lime (confirmed already?), soulwax, ratatat + more

and its kinda a stretch but STS9 in the sahara please!!!!! if no sahara i will be content with walking over to the main

and where does this info come from about DP recording a new album?

This sounds like the worst Sahara ever. Did you just go over to hypem and pick whatever DJs were blogged about the most?

HEADSTRUCK
12-05-2008, 10:34 AM
how about Kill the Noise as an early warm up...anyone?
KTN would be fucking awesome but if he is there he MUST play under his DNB name as well

PassiveTheory
12-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey now, he picked Dr. Lektroluv, FSOL, Kaskade, and Eric Prydz. Those aren't blog artists.

kreutz2112
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm so excited for the potential (but likely) appearance by Gui Boratto. Out of all the "confirmations" so far his is the biggest for me. The song "Haute Couture" is so fucking awesome.

CalmerThanYou
12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Bloody Beetroots for 09!
zO4v6Nwiyys

DEFINITELY. They fucking ruled at Detour.

They were pretty great at Detour...and hold a special place in my heart because that's where I met Calmer/Sonic :)

This sounds like the worst Sahara ever. Did you just go over to hypem and pick whatever DJs were blogged about the most?

You sound like the worst sahara ever. I would be stoked to see all those people on the bill.

KTN would be fucking awesome but if he is there he MUST play under his DNB name as well

What's that name?

HEADSTRUCK
12-05-2008, 10:41 AM
What's that name?

Ewun "ewun the gun"
Ewun has been around for a long time with tracks out on some major labels including Evol Intents label. KTN is just a side project but a good one at that.

CalmerThanYou
12-05-2008, 10:42 AM
his 2 mixes that he has out are fucking stellar. dance party through and through

Robototron
12-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey now, he picked Dr. Lektroluv, FSOL, Kaskade, and Eric Prydz. Those aren't blog artists.

Kaskade and Prydz are terrible, though. And Prydz gets played by a ton of Electro House DJs anyway.

I can't wait until GV books some new DJs so two years from now all of you guys will still be asking to see them again. It's already starting to happen with Booka Shade, and I'm already calling Boratto as the "surprise amazing DJ that somehow nobody knew about despite being massively popular" of 09. Will the Coachella board soon be all aboard the Tech House bandwagon?

orbit
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
prydz is a not a bad producer. i like more his works as cirez d though.

menikmati
12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
I think it's finally time they bring in Frankie Knuckles.

PassiveTheory
12-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Bring back Knuckles, Cox AND Glaude.

orbit
12-05-2008, 10:58 AM
and now that you mention tech house.. you know who would be amazing? tyrant. burridge puts an excellent show and richards is an excellent producer.

i haven't heard pure tech house in years. i remember there was a boom a few years ago with producers like mazi, tripwire, brett johnson. technically, that wasn't pure tech house, though, but it didn't have that many other styles influencing the sound.

Brochella
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
prydz is a not a bad producer. i like more his works as cirez d though.

yeah, prydz is honestly one of the djs i would be most excited about if he got booked. it's sad that most people still only know him for call on me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXoWlzeTEWc

while we're talking about tech house, how about some steve lawler or some dubfire? they would be huge!

malcolmjamalawesome
12-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Dr. mutha fuckin Lektroluv bitchtits

orbit
12-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Bring back Knuckles, Cox AND Glaude.

what's playing cox nowadays? he used to put some banging techno, but last time i listened to him it was some kind of bad techno electro tribal house. horrible. i saw him around 5 years ago, and he went down to dance with us around 6am. it was fun.

i don't know about glaude. he's a showman but his music has never been any good.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I saw Cox about 2 years ago in st louis and he was rocking pretty hard. Nothing tribal, anyway.

Meaghetto
12-06-2008, 03:21 PM
someone told me crystal castles

malcolmjamalawesome
12-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Finish that sentence.

Mordecai
12-06-2008, 04:00 PM
someone told me crystal castles

suck live. They were right.

boarderwoozel3
12-06-2008, 04:18 PM
suck live. They were right.

No joke. Crystal Castles are endlessly better on record.

stinkbutt
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
even though I'm not a huge fan Etienne de Crecy should be there with his cube

Jzil8S7tUeY

malcolmjamalawesome
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
AGREED. His tracks, on their own, are kind of weak. But, the Pukkelpop 08 set I have recommended many times is super tight and these videos alone are enough to pump me up out of my mind

stinkbutt
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Could you post a link for that pukkelpop set

LooseAtTheZoo
12-07-2008, 01:09 PM
I never got the question answered, is that video professionally recorded? Where's the rest of the set, if it is?

I've decided that if Dr. Lektroluv is there I would be happy with the Sahara lineup

Wheres the beef?
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM

Jzil8S7tUeY

WOooooooooooooooooooW. That is fucking tits.

daft$tar
12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
No joke. Crystal Castles are endlessly better on record.

totally - live they are atrocious

Wheres the beef?
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
The album is not NOT that great anyways. I think if they played their best bet would to be play all tracks by other people and the only track off the album they should play is Vanishing.

daft$tar
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
The album is not NOT that great anyways. I think if they played their best bet would to be play all tracks by other people and the only track off the album they should play is Vanishing.

i think that they shouldnt show up and let van she sing the version of SEX CITY that is VANISHED on the CC album when they play on saturday at dusk

malcolmjamalawesome
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
The most likely prediction for this year's Sahara Tent? Me. Sweating. And hugging you.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-08-2008, 03:14 PM
The most likely prediction for this year's Sahara Tent? Me. Sweating. And hugging you.

booyah

All Your Base
12-08-2008, 03:17 PM

Every 8 minutes.

daft$tar
12-09-2008, 09:43 AM

haha

cute

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6758/blowuphardxi9.jpg

Don't believe me? Ask Danny Devito.

feather
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
FUCK MJA I am making us matching PLUR shirts this year. We will have to be stationed in different areas of the Sahara to spread the PLUR accordingly. You want the back or front?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 09:54 AM
FUCK MJA. You want the back or front?

Fixed.

CalmerThanYou
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6758/blowuphardxi9.jpg

Don't believe me? Ask Danny Devito.

the shirt + danny = excellent.

Please elaborate on this encounter, and do tell what kinds of drugs he forced upon you.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
It was 06 and we had just shown up on Saturday. We obviously went straight to the tent and he was just standing there checking out Hybrid. We were like, get the fuck out of here. And he had on an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia hat but it was before he had started appearing on the show. So I got a picture and then we let him keep raving. The picture's better than the story.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
I also have one of me in the tent with JFK from MSTRKFT and him wearing my hockey mask but I have to bar my face out first. Anonymity reigns supreme.

CalmerThanYou
12-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Just rock these all next year...everywhere.

http://www.bookofjoe.com/images/2007/09/11/p65453_1.jpg
http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/BlackBars.jpg

stinkbutt
12-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Is that Dave Wang on the very left?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Dave Wang was onstage at the time.

stinkbutt
12-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Dave Wang = Perry Farrell?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Maybe you've cracked the code

Robototron
12-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Just rock these all next year...everywhere.

http://www.bookofjoe.com/images/2007/09/11/p65453_1.jpg
http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/BlackBars.jpg

WTF, those look like cheap MMM L'Incognito ripoffs. Google it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, Danny DeVito rules. I saw him in a restaurant like my first day in NYC and that place is now my favorite brunch spot. He has good taste!

CalmerThanYou
12-09-2008, 02:48 PM
probably because they are? who in the fuck would pay good money for pieces of shit like that? theyre just party gimmicks, dude.

Xenocide
12-10-2008, 03:43 AM

Jzil8S7tUeY

at first it looks just like the thing the killers were performing inside of on the music awards, but then all of a sudden it started melting my face... Get this for coach!

I jizzed in my pants...

malcolmjamalawesome
12-10-2008, 06:30 AM
To be fair, you were flirting a lot.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-10-2008, 06:51 AM
I can confirm the following with be in the Sahara: Malcolmjamalawesome

paganman7
12-10-2008, 07:29 AM
I think Etienne de Crecy's cube setup would test the capabilities of the Sahara tent.

If that fucking pyramid was so mind blowing, I can't imagine what the fuck this would do to people's faces.

CalmerThanYou
12-10-2008, 09:45 AM
imagine what it would do to people titties

All Your Base
12-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I think Etienne de Crecy's cube setup would test the capabilities of the Sahara tent.

If that fucking pyramid was so mind blowing, I can't imagine what the fuck this would do to people's faces.

If I could time a nice peak and a nice heavy beat with that cube, I'm pretty sure my brains would turn to gelatin and ooze out of my earholes.

fiopadp7791
12-10-2008, 02:30 PM

Logistically it might be a little tough to pull it off, unless you give him an end of the night set... maybe if they give him the last time slot on Sun night like they gave to Justice- AKA "the traffic regulation time slot" after the main Sunday night headliner is done. But maybe people want a bigger name for that time slot? That cube did "soul fuck" me in the words of Trick...

P.S.- I'm too damn innocently ignorant for me own good, can you please enlighten me on the meaning of "PLUR"?

fiopadp7791
12-10-2008, 02:32 PM
P.S.- I'm too damn innocently ignorant for me own good, can you please enlighten me on the meaning of "PLUR"?

Nevermind... I google'd it... unless you guys gave it your own special meaning...

slipmode
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
the cube looks cool and all, but does this guys music get any better?

betao
12-10-2008, 02:37 PM

thats what I was thinking... his music was almost as bad as justice.

All Your Base
12-10-2008, 02:42 PM
thats what I was thinking... his music was almost as bad as justice.

Sadly, I agree. The rest of the stuff on myspace isn't any better....but that cube is fucking amazing.

Edmontonian
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Give Me James Murphy and Pat Mahoney = Special Disco Version!

GIMME NOW! noon o'clock disco party!

CalmerThanYou
12-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Give Me James Murphy and Pat Mahoney = Special Disco Version!

GIMME NOW! noon o'clock disco party!

Theyre playing in LA this sat, if you hadnt seen.

However, thats a far cry from Edmonton.

Jman4321
12-10-2008, 02:57 PM

I didn't like his music either. The cube is awesome and all but I would easily skip it if something audibly better is going on.

betao
12-10-2008, 08:45 PM
seriously. i'm sorry, but music is way important than visuals.

not impressed.

PassiveTheory
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
That's a shame. The rest of us who enjoy shameless house music would welcome him with open arms.

betao
12-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd still probably watch him. Maybe I'd enjoy him more in person.

PassiveTheory
12-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Possibly, didn't you enjoy Coldplay live? Or was that someone else?

betao
12-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I did. I really really did. But prior to that, I still liked them on record.

It was also the first every concert i've been to with my dad, so that kind of made it special. I got him tickets as a fathers day gift. We were on the front row of the 3rd level, the view was amazing. We both really enjoyed it, and its something that I would normally not do with my old man.

ficklecycle
12-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Nevermind... I google'd it... unless you guys gave it your own special meaning...

PEOPLE LOOKING UGLY RAVING.

slipmode
12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
That's a shame. The rest of us who enjoy shameless house music would welcome him with open arms.

I enjoy some shameless house music & would much rather welcome GusGus.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-11-2008, 01:10 PM
PLUR

Xenocide
12-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Birdy Nam Nam

Benjamin Theves

Oliver Chesler

Conjure One

Kristina Sky

Infected Mushroom

coldstart
12-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Kristina Sky is awesome! I got to shake hands with her at the Vanguard in Hollywood when she opened for John 00 Fleming. She would be great for Coachella!

frozen pilgrim
12-13-2008, 04:14 PM

Jzil8S7tUeY

I hereby support this as my number two sahara choice. seriously. this is the coolest lighting concept I have ever seen ever

slipmode
12-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Ellen Allien por favor

malcolmjamalawesome
12-13-2008, 05:01 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2641/blog025it1.jpg

slipmode
12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
http://ugly-halloween-costumes.com/scary/Spam/spam-big.jpg

bluemamba
12-13-2008, 05:08 PM
The usual big names....

Benjamin Benassi

Paul Van Dyk

The Chemical Brothers

Digitalism

Daft Punk

Underworld

Moby

DJ M.J. Awesome

Justice (again!)

Edit: I almost forgot Steve Aoki (Performing Stage Dive off the Main Stage!)

malcolmjamalawesome
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I can confirm one of those will be spending a lot of time in the tent.

Cpt. Funkaho
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2641/blog025it1.jpg

This was a triumph.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Smooches.

PassiveTheory
12-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Birdy Nam Nam

Benjamin Theves

Oliver Chesler

Conjure One

Kristina Sky

Infected Mushroom

What the fuck? How the hell do you dance to Conjure One!?

youcutyourhair
12-14-2008, 02:40 AM
Staccato

SoulDischarge
12-14-2008, 03:36 AM
GV need to do whatever it takes to get that Norwegian motherfucker Lindstrom into our fucking tent next year.

coldstart
12-14-2008, 04:58 AM
What about those Finnish motherfuckers Lordi?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5834/lordi19am.jpg

Xenocide
12-14-2008, 05:00 AM
What about those Finnish motherfuckers Lordi?
[/IMG]

oh, GOD NO!!! these motherfuckers are worse live than Dragonforce...

coldstart
12-14-2008, 05:02 AM
Haha, totally.

Xenocide
12-14-2008, 05:03 AM
What the fuck? How the hell do you dance to Conjure One!?

how the fuck do you dance to Aphex Twin, Asobi Seksu, Amon Tobin, Squarepusher, etc. etc. or what about Kraftwerk for that matter (it'd be funny to watch though...)

coldstart
12-14-2008, 05:07 AM
"We're functioning automatic
And we are dancing mechanic
We are the robots"

Xenocide
12-14-2008, 05:10 AM
"We're functioning automatic
And we are dancing mechanic
We are the robots"

picture someone at main stage dancing nonstop thru Man/Machine and Autobahn... come back when you stopped laughing...

coldstart
12-14-2008, 05:12 AM
Ooontz Ooontz Ooontz Ooontz
Unce Unce Unce Unce

Robototron
12-14-2008, 09:05 AM
What about that Finnish motherfucker Luomo?

FYP.

He does have a new album out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Nine Inch Nails in the Sahara...there I said...