PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2009 Sahara Tent Prediction Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

coldstart
10-21-2008, 03:26 AM
deadmau5 would be nice again, Richie is always good, Rabbit in the Moon, John Fleming, Dave Seaman, and, of course

APHEX TWIN

(too soon to ask for RDJ again?) :P

frozen pilgrim
10-21-2008, 08:41 AM
never too soon for aphex. I think he really enjoyed himself, too. the video of him backstage has him grinning and drinking and chatting it up, which is very very unlike his reclusive reputation. I'd kill to see aphex twin again, but with a proper set time. an hour just wasn't enough.
also, as he isn't in this thread yet, roots manuva. I know it may not seem right having an MC in the sahara, but there have been less danceable acts, and the depth of his production demands a sound system like that.

patsfan5454
10-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I knew this thread existed... Here's my updated picks:

Friday:
BASEMENT JAXX
Frankie Knuckles
Hercules and Love Affair
Richie Hawtin
M.A.N.D.Y.
Ricardo Villalobos
The Bloody Beetroots
Holy Ghost! DJ Set
The Time Machine

Saturday:
THE PRODIGY
Rabbit In The Moon
Deep Dish
MSTRKRFT
Ghostland Observatory
Deadmau5
Crystal Castles
Surkin
Crookers
The Toxic Avenger

Sunday:
ARMIN VAN BUUREN
Benny Benassi
Masters at Work
Etienne de Grecy
Z-Trip
Soulwax
The Presets
Shinichi Osawa
Le Castle Vania
Blake Miller
Mr. Oizo

Perfect List!!! If even half of it is right i'll be happy

Xrawrthatboy
10-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Passive why the lack of Chemical Bros.?

betao
10-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Rabbit in the Moon to Prodigy could possibly be one of the greatest 1-2 punches ever. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. God that'd be fun.

frozen pilgrim
10-21-2008, 11:47 AM
oh shit, son. yeah

and then one of the other nights we can have chemical brothers <> aphex twin :D

betao
10-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm not quite sure I would be able to comprehend that.

frozen pilgrim
10-21-2008, 12:03 PM
but considering aphex only got an hour at sunset, it's 100% undeniably possible. I'm having a fucking heart attack just fucking thinking about it.
oh my god.

edit:
and on friday, conflicting with some huge mainstream-ish mainstage headliner, we'll go modeselektor (since a lot of people missed him), into hallucinogen/shpongle as a b-list closer

PassiveTheory
10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Passive why the lack of Chemical Bros.?

In talking to our resident Chem Bros expert (Bosco) it's come to my attention that the cost of touring coupled with Chemical Ed's troubles over the last year (Lily Allen) probably mean that, if anything, the Chem Bros will only be doing UK-stuff (maybe Glasto but don't bet on it).

Let me explain my headliner choices:
- Basement Jaxx are touring for the first time in a couple of years and could jump across the pond to play Coachella
- The Prodigy has been talked as a strong possibility since last year when we got mixed confirmations as to whether or not they'd be playing
- Armin Van Buuren was recently crowned the number 1 DJ in the world, GV strives for excellence, and Coachella has seen at least one trance DJ headline a night the last few years (Tiesto, PVD, Sasha and Digweed, etc.). He's also playing Las Vegas at the end of the month.

So yeah.

About RITM, I REALLY hope they play this year, but it's all contingent on whether or not Bunny gets the surgery to repair his eye. I swear, if they ever find the motherfucker who threw that bottle, I wouldn't mind beating the shit out of him.

orbit
10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
dont you people get tired of straight 4/4 beats?

frozen pilgrim
10-21-2008, 12:34 PM
why yes, yes I do. that's why I asked for aphex twin, and shpongle.

PassiveTheory
10-21-2008, 12:38 PM
dont you people get tired of straight 4/4 beats?

Sometimes I do, but I've been in the mindset of a house DJ for the last 3 weeks so I can't really think of anything else.

frozen pilgrim
10-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I've been listening to the third shpongle album quite a bit, and the second fifth or so of the album is all 7/4, but not just one 7/4 beat...
I've not a total idiot when it comes ot theory, but simon posford is up there with guys like richard d james and squarepusher in terms of sometimes making even a seasoned veteran scratch their head while dancing at the same time

PassiveTheory
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Well... if Venetian Snares isn't doing anything, I'd hope he could make an appearance and perform.

frozen pilgrim
10-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I dunno if he'd draw a big enough crowd for the sahara, but I'd love to see him at coachella

PassiveTheory
10-21-2008, 12:47 PM
I know, I was just trying to humor Orbit.

orbit
10-21-2008, 01:09 PM
why yes, yes I do. that's why I asked for aphex twin, and shpongle.

yeah, but aphex is not everything out there.

i've heard elite force played a great set a couple of weeks ago in lovefest san francisco. flying lotus is mixing the new dj kicks, tipper should've played time ago, limewax would detroy the sahara to death, squarepusher could get a great drummer and tear that tent apart. i dont get why high contrast hasnt played yet, daedelus and fennesz would be really cool. and actually, hallucinogen is touring with shpongle, arent they? well, shpongle dj set that is. it'd be nice having any of them.

the thing with venetian snares is that... he is one of those artists that would cancel his show the day before because he feels like to. well, perhaps not anymore, this last tour was pretty solid.

HongKongDon
10-21-2008, 01:10 PM
In my Dreams I see....

Basement Jaxx
Underworld
The Prodigy
Mr.Oizo
Dr.Lektroluv
The Black Ghosts
LEE Burridge
Mylo
The Presets
M.A.N.D.Y
Timo Maas
Cassius
Bloody Beetroots
Crystal Castles
Groove Armada Live
Kylie Minogue
Fischerspooner
The Field Live
The Subs
S.O.S
The Orb
Erol Alkan
Tiga
Mathew Dear's Big Hands
Z Trip

RedThom
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I still really really want that Leftfield reunion...

PassiveTheory
10-21-2008, 03:01 PM

Would happen at Glasto.

Bosco
10-21-2008, 10:47 PM

Would happen at Glasto.

yup, passive is right on this one. If you ever see a return of either Orbital or Leftfield the Brits will be the first.

also I would like to see Hexstatic billed, though its about 2 years too late...

RXyQptyrad4

orbit
10-21-2008, 10:49 PM
i wouldn't bet on glasto having those reunions.

bloc festival is having fsol for the first time after 10 years.

Bosco
10-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I would bet on Orbital.....Not so much Leftfield as I dont see them ever getting back together... The Crystal Method should do a cover tour of Leftfield's material. Being their idols and such...

mittens4kittens
10-21-2008, 10:56 PM
SKREAM

orbit
10-21-2008, 11:06 PM
skream's set at creamfields was awful.

Bosco
10-21-2008, 11:06 PM
In talking to our resident Chem Bros expert (Bosco) it's come to my attention that the cost of touring coupled with Chemical Ed's troubles over the last year (Lily Allen) probably mean that, if anything, the Chem Bros will only be doing UK-stuff (maybe Glasto but don't bet on it).

well, half of this is true. The whole Lily thing, is past Ed now. Touring part is, and will always be, expensive. But it also has to do with the fact that they've already DONE America. For example, when the Chemical Brothers where a younger band they toured the U.S., the same way you see that Justice is doing right now. The group (chemical brothers) aged, and their music became more detailed/diverse and has evolved from a concert to a SPECTACLE.

seachanges
10-22-2008, 04:17 AM
In 2009 I would like to see the following artists in the Sahara Tent:

1. Chemical Brothers
2. The Orb
3. Boards of Canada
4. Carl Cox
5. C.J. Bolland
6. DJ Marky
7. DJ Czech
8. Aquasky
9. DJ Craze
10. DJ Z-Trip

hahaha yeah! C J Bolland would make me one happy camper : )

paulb
10-22-2008, 04:19 AM
yo Chris! welcome back.... any good electronic shows comin up? I heard Boys noize is doin celebrities nov 21st... I just grabbed tix for that... jump on that one.

Mr. E
10-22-2008, 07:55 AM
I want some trentemoller in the sahara.

mittens4kittens
10-22-2008, 11:10 AM
skream's set at creamfields was awful.

Disappointing!

As far as Englanders go I've only ever seen Hatcha and he was sick as fuck... I put Skream in this thread not because he's the DJ I'd like to see the most but because from a commercial standpoint he makes the most sense to appear at Coachella.

I'd rather have Caspa, Rusko, Distance, Boxcutter, Scuba, Marlowe... Skream makes great tracks but there are way better DJ's out there.

RedThom
10-22-2008, 03:45 PM
yup, passive is right on this one. If you ever see a return of either Orbital or Leftfield the Brits will be the first.

le sigh/drag

LooseAtTheZoo
10-22-2008, 04:25 PM
I have this feeling that Moby would be on the mainstage instead of headlining the Sahara. I feel like he has a big enough crossover audience, and either way, if Tiesto can do it so can Moby.

DJHilla!
10-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Swedish Egil!
Swedish House Mafia
Crookers
Bloody Beetroots
Don Rimini
Eric Prydz (he's not afraid to fly anymore!)
Randy Boyer
Prodigy
And bring Adam Freeland back!

orbit
10-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Disappointing!

As far as Englanders go I've only ever seen Hatcha and he was sick as fuck... I put Skream in this thread not because he's the DJ I'd like to see the most but because from a commercial standpoint he makes the most sense to appear at Coachella.

I'd rather have Caspa, Rusko, Distance, Boxcutter, Scuba, Marlowe... Skream makes great tracks but there are way better DJ's out there.

yeah. those guys are pretty good, but the thing is... they would have to play for 30-40 min, because more than 1 hour of straight dubstep at coachella would be pretty boring. you have to admit it, it sounds so much better when mixed with other styles. check tayo when started to play dubstep, or the just released freq nasty's fabric live.

Botrocker
10-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Withthe return of minimal I say Claude Von Stroke!

frozen pilgrim
10-23-2008, 10:02 AM
the exception to the dubstep tedium rule is being in a small bar with a huge sound system, good friends, and lots of beer. it turns into a purely physical thing.

Sonicifyouwantit
10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
And bring Adam Freeland back!

or at least the "F" balloons

butitdidhappen
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Ideally, in the sahara, i'd like to see battles, chemical brothers, vitalic, and alan braxe.

prodigy and daft punk on the main stage.

frozen pilgrim
10-23-2008, 11:43 AM
battles in the sahara?
no?

rage patton
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Battles in the Sahara in 2010. NOT 2009.

butitdidhappen
10-23-2008, 12:05 PM
battles in the sahara?
no?

why not?

i'd rather dance to battles than fatboy slim.

frozen pilgrim
10-23-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm saying it makes no god damn sense.
battles on the outdoor? yes.
battles in the mojave? yes.
battles in the day on the mainstage? yes.
battles in the gobi again? no
battles in the sahara? no
I don't think it'd make any sense. I know DIOY,Y played the sahara this year, but they're a bit more nu-ravey than battles...
I just... yeah. doesn't make sense to me.

PassiveTheory
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually... DIOY,Y? played in the Gobi, if my memory serves me right.

frozen pilgrim
10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
did they?
*whips out booklet*

yes in fact they did play the gobi!

don't know where I got that idea then.
but it makes my point about battles not fitting in the sahara even more valid

moomoo
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Moby perhaps (Im sure it's been tossed out there)? Live or DJ, doesn't matter to me. He's what made me buy my EDC ticket and I definitely did not regret that.

PassiveTheory
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
I did. Should have watched all of Armand Van Helden instead of Moby's mediocre fucking DJ set.

moomoo
10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Haha, maybe I was biased. I just really enjoyed it. Who was after him again? because at least moby wasn't as bad as the dj after him.

bingo_caller
10-24-2008, 06:36 AM
Scrath perverts
Girl talk
Adam F
Erol alkan
deadmau5
chase and status
the b.p.a
daft punk
the bug
aphex twin (again)
prodigy

orbit
10-24-2008, 10:11 AM
future sounds of london.

PassiveTheory
10-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Haha, maybe I was biased. I just really enjoyed it. Who was after him again? because at least moby wasn't as bad as the dj after him.

This is because Paul Van Dyk is a shitty trance DJ. That's the guy who followed Moby. Seeing the ends of AVH's set and BT's set plus seeing Krafty Kuts = way better than PVD.

Also, I second Orbit's suggestion of FSOL. I'm wavering in my thoughts as to whether or not they could headline the Sahara. I want to say that with the visuals and the videos I've seen before that they could, and they'd probably have the "Sahara headliner spot but not their name on the 2nd line"-type deal like Sasha and Digweed last year, but I have this nagging doubt that they'll be the 2nd to last biggest Sahara act on one of the nights.

orbit
10-24-2008, 10:17 AM
mine was a prediction more than a suggestion. you'll see it in january.

PassiveTheory
10-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Confident, are we? Alright, Orbit, what night do you see them playing, and will they headline the Sahara?

orbit
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
what do you mean by headliners? closing out one of the nights? i can see them doing it in electronic festivals, but i don't know about the sahara tent. you know, i don't know how people at coachella would feel about seeing a duo performing live from their studio instead of being on stage.

BlackSwan
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Still... this is pretty out of control...

2Xh1gpfd4ik

I'd like to see Air France in the Sahara line up.

thirtynation
10-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Girl talk

This assclown belongs nowhere near the temple that is the Sahara Tent.

ChemBros or Autechre are the two I'm hoping for most, realistically speaking. ChemBros, "just cuz" and Autechre because of the recent release of Quaristice.

coldstart
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
or at least the "F" balloons

Haha, that made me laugh. F is for "Fail"

summerkid
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Still... this is pretty out of control...

2Xh1gpfd4ik

I'd like to see Air France in the Sahara line up.

I'm very much down for Air France being at Coachella, but I don't know about them being in the Sahara...

BlackSwan
10-24-2008, 04:25 PM
They have some DJ Sets lined up for the UK, but honestly I just try to mention them as much as possible because I think GV trying to book them is the best chance of getting them over to the U.S. next year ...were thinking more Gobi or Mojave?

thatfinkleygirl
10-25-2008, 07:44 PM
THE BLOODY BEETROOTS.

Boourns
10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
FSOL will be playing live next year, so maybe.

betao
10-25-2008, 09:06 PM
FSOL will be playing live next year, so maybe.

link?

I would really really really REALLY like this to happen.

orbit
10-25-2008, 09:08 PM
bloc festival. it was announced like 3 weeks ago.

it's more like 'live' though. basically they'll broadcast a live performance from their studio to the festival.

frozen pilgrim
10-25-2008, 10:05 PM
wacky shit. but I'm intrigued. I bet/hope that'll make/there'll be a fantastic webcast.
you know what circumstance I could totally see that working in?

main stage, friday night, and instead of waiting 25 minutes for the mainstage EDM headliner (prodigy, daft punk, some lame ass but world famous trance DJ, etc), they make it an hour and fifteen minutes to set the stage (60 foot tall pyramid, mebbe?) and pipe in an FSOL studio performance through the sound/screens.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
So then the FSOL would be considered a live show still? I'm still fuzzy on dj vs. live sets

Apathetic00
10-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Moby DJ set, that man would destroy the Sahara.

Groove Armada (live set)

Markus Schulz

ATB

AND Underworld

Boourns
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
bloc festival. it was announced like 3 weeks ago.

it's more like 'live' though. basically they'll broadcast a live performance from their studio to the festival.

Oooh, I've always wanted to stand around watching a webcast.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Moby DJ set, that man would destroy the Sahara.

Groove Armada (live set)

Markus Schulz

ATB

AND Underworld

Again, what is the exact difference between a live and dj set?

dorkfish
10-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Again, what is the exact difference between a live and dj set?
In Moby's case, he has a band and plays a guitar live.

Usually, the easiest explanation is that DJ-sets are people mixing records and live sets usually involve instruments or a sampler at a bare minimum.

LooseAtTheZoo
10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
In Moby's case, he has a band and plays a guitar live.

Usually, the easiest explanation is that DJ-sets are people mixing records and live sets usually involve instruments or a sampler at a bare minimum.

Thanks, wikipedia was unhelpful, as it almost always is

PassiveTheory
10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah the FSOL performance they're talking about would not, at all, constitute a live set. Just to clarify.

betao
11-02-2008, 08:58 PM
tpe9w1G8P5M

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
More than any other act I's love to see the Chemical Brothers.

"Superstar DJs, here we go!"

I'd lose my mind!

betao
11-02-2008, 09:05 PM
More than any other act I's love to see the Chemical Brothers.

"Superstar DJs, here we go!"

I'd lose my mind!

this one is for you my friend!!

9_PTAgAJCws

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
That. Is. Fucking. Insane!!!!!!

What a show, I had no clue. Sensory overload to the max. This HAS to happen in the Sahara on Friday night.

Damn, they played in 2005. Think it's too soon for a return? Probably.

betao
11-02-2008, 09:15 PM

What a show, I had no clue. Sensory overload to the max. This HAS to happen in the Sahara on Friday night.

no way man. definitely not too soon. I think it could happen.

rage patton
11-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Im sorry guys... but The Prodigy NEED to be at Coachella next year. The Chemical Brothers would be awesome. But The Prodigy are destined to be at Coachella next year.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow do I hope so. How do the Chems stack up to the Prodigy live? They're looking like strong possibilities as well yes?

It can't be healthy to be this excited about a music festival 5+ months away

summerkid
11-02-2008, 09:20 PM

exactly what it is, sensory overload. I saw them last year and could barely process everything and I kept thinking to myself how can people that are on drugs fucking handle this shit when I can barely handle it right now.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Rage, did you see that video. Yikes! But from what we've heard last year it would appear the Prodigy are super strong candidates.

rage patton
11-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I basically consider The Prodigy as confirmed.

And you are right. Its not healthy. The way I talk about Coachella, one would think not only was the line up out... but the festival was just about to happen.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:25 PM
exactly what it is, sensory overload. I saw them last year and could barely process everything and I kept thinking to myself how can people that are on drugs fucking handle this shit when I can barely handle it right now.

Top notch. That was my first thought seeing the video "how the can people handle this while rolling?!" I'm trying to enjoy their greatness vicariously through youtube video as much as possible right now. Where did you see them?

The Chems just got added to my must see live before I die list.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I basically consider The Prodigy as confirmed.

And you are right. Its not healthy. The way I talk about Coachella, one would think not only was the line up out... but the festival was just about to happen.

I'm in the same boat. Pretty sure a few of my friends are ready to lash out at me the next time I start talking about what bands need to be there in 09.

That or saying I've seen (band x) at Coachella. I use that line quite a bit.

rage patton
11-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I think this board keeps me sane. If I didn't have anyone to talk to this about, I might go crazy. I keep talking to my fiancee about it... but she might not be able to go next year... so I try to curb it.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd have a tough time keeping quiet in a situation like that. Especially when the lineup is announced. Speaking of, we're about 10 weeks away from the usual announcement time right?

shakermaker113
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
both the chems played in 2002, and again both played in 2005. if they both played again in 2009 it'd start to get a bit cliche. prodigy at least have a new album coming out. do the chems have a new release planned?

rage patton
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I'd have a tough time keeping quiet in a situation like that. Especially when the lineup is announced. Speaking of, we're about 10 weeks away from the usual announcement time right?

Oh, I still talk to her about it haha. She doesn't mind, we both enjoy talking about music. And she really, really wants to figure out a way to go. But just in case, ya'know?
And yes, 10 weeks it is. But Coachella is a week earlier this year. 9 weeks until a line up? I wouldnt get my hopes up...

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 10:10 PM
So after poking around ze internetz I'm going to agree that the Prodigy couldn't be more primed to play in 09. They haven't played Coachella since 2005 or any US gigs since Nov. 06, and they've been sticking to festivals for the past two years. Currently, they're in a NYC studio finishing up a new album due out before Coach and have a bunch of gigs scheduled in England & Australia. Looks like a world tour is coming in the new year. And then there was the message on their board debunking a coach 08 add but saying they were "looking forward to playing Coachella 09." The stars are aligning.

rage patton
11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Don't forget that news later from the moderator of the Prodigy forum saying they are looking forward to playing in 09...

Btw... Prodigy played Coachella 05.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 10:14 PM
O RLY? Chems/Prodigy at the same Coachella?! Let's repeat in 09 please.

HA! I got duped looking at the April 05 section and not May 05 on their past gigs page. Last weekend in April... not.

Derekx
11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Bring Soulwax back!

betao
11-02-2008, 10:16 PM
And they (the prodigy) did a small tour of the US in 2006.

send me ctrpllrs
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
After seeing them at HARD, I'm all for Soulwax returning!

Simian Mobile Disco should be back with a different time slot as well.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Outside of Justice & Hot Chip, what Sahara acts have played two years in a row? Especially without a new album?

I Like Deadmau5 to return in 09. He's pretty much blown up over the summer festival season. Less likely but Modeselektor would be sick again. They owned in 08.

Sahara acts looking like strong candidates for 09:
The Prodigy
The Chemical Brothers
Basement Jaxx
Soulwax
2manyDJs
Crystal Castles
Moby
Bloody Beetroots
Armin Van Burren
M83
The Crystal Method
Crookers
Rabbit in the Moon
Hercules and Love Affair
Fischerspooner
The Presets

Who else?

rage patton
11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow. That would be a SICK Sahara.

I never used the work sick. That is how crazy that would be. Also, Deasmau5 is a likely canadidate for a return act.

boarderwoozel3
11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine getting more than two of the top few acts but after that its fair game. Paul always puts together a ridiculous lineup in the Sahara. That den of sin is what separates Coachella from the rest of the stateside festivals after all. It's got to own.

And "sick" is fantastically bro-esque but sometimes it's the most accurate word.

PassiveTheory
11-02-2008, 11:59 PM
How are the Crystal Method strong candidates? Haven't they been inactive for 2 years?

Also, I think there's a trance DJ, Mike something, I want to say he's German. Anyway, Tiesto and PVD love this guy, apparently, so he might play.

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2008, 02:27 AM
The Crystal Method just played a show in Seattle and are touring. I guess they're as likely as anyone else.

Trance is yawn IMO.

paulb
11-03-2008, 02:28 AM

9_PTAgAJCws

i will be fuckin blown away, if that kinda show hits the Sahara next year..... The Prodigy/Chem Bros are def at the top of my list for acts i wanna see.

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2008, 02:36 AM
For real man, I want to experience that clip live sooooo much. Even watching it now, for the 6th time, it's a little awe inspiring.

Aaaaaaahahaha! Rocks so hard!

captncrzy
11-03-2008, 06:00 AM
Simian Mobile Disco should be back with a different time slot as well.

QFT

betao
11-03-2008, 07:36 AM
i will be fuckin blown away, if that kinda show hits the Sahara next year..... The Prodigy/Chem Bros are def at the top of my list for acts i wanna see.

For real man, I want to experience that clip live sooooo much. Even watching it now, for the 6th time, it's a little awe inspiring.

Aaaaaaahahaha! Rocks so hard!

you both need more doses of this to get your fill!

q6hxq_8IZKM

4pAiJ0xO1KY&feature=related

boarderwoozel3
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
*Fingers crossed*

summerkid
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I'm hoping for Pet Shop Boys

New album out in March.

Brochella
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM

New album out in March.

They seem like more of a mainstage act...something like Kraftwerk's timeslot from last year.

Seconding a return of Soulwax. They annhilated it at Hard Haunted Mansion, people didn't know what hit em.

Boourns
11-04-2008, 07:50 AM
I bet Santogold plays.

Really hoping for The Chemical Brothers (please don't let there be a nasty conflict because I need to see them).

I think Crystal Castles, SMD, Soulwax will all play, too. They'll be on my list, too.

RedThom
11-04-2008, 08:11 AM

New album out in March.

FTW

RedThom
11-04-2008, 08:12 AM
I'd say Junkie XL but that's just because I missed him this year.

Any votes on him live?

MassiveChemicalPunk
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Im keeping my fingers crossed for:

The Chemical Brothers
Basement Jaxx
Groove Armada
Soulwax
SMD
The Presets
Mr. Oizo
Crystal Castles
The Young Punx!

Edmontonian
11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
The Crystal Method have been doing dj sets I know for sure, they dj'd at Pemberton it was really sick, I think a live set a la the coach dvd would be reeeeally sweet.

Prolly see some of the upstart live nu-rave/dancerock/dance punk/synth-pop/indietronica bands, either in Gobi or early in the day in sahara:

The Whip
Late of the Pier
Pnau
Ladyhawke
IGO
Plastic Operator
Hadouken!

older ones:
The Presets
The Faint
Klaxons
Fischerspooner
VNV Nation

Please please please:

Shinichi Osawa!!!!
Soulwax + 2manydj's
chemical brothers
the prodigy
Digitalism
Eric Prydz
Tommie Sunshine
Mat the Alien
Miami Horror
AC Slater
Harrison Schaaf
Streetlife Dj's

van she dj set (their remixes are soooo insanely good. wish I could say the same for their album.)
justice dj set
daft punk dj set (hahaha ya right)

Bring back:
Calvin Harris!!!! but in sahara this time
Simian mobile disco!!!!
Cut Copy!!!!
Booka Shade!!!!
A-trak with a longer set!!!!

I Honestly think they should expand to TWO dance tents. last year the Gobi was prolly about 40-50% dance music. Make it 100%. And move it next to the Sahara (switch with Mojave) so they don't have to close it down early for the headliners.

Wheres the beef?
11-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I would be surprised if Crystal Castles were not playing.

mvanwinkle
11-04-2008, 12:12 PM

9_PTAgAJCws

hot damn, i would fucking cry if that decision came down between the white stripes

Edmontonian
11-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I'd say Junkie XL but that's just because I missed him this year.

Any votes on him live?

YEAH! Junkie was super dope at Pemberton! his new album is awesome. Wish I saw him at coachella too ah well

daft$tar
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
PRODIGY's new album out march 2!!!!

!!!!

daft$tar
11-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I would be surprised if Crystal Castles were not playing.

i love the album but i despise them live - alice sounds like a drowning cat - hideous...

boarderwoozel3
11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
i love the album but i despise them live - alice sounds like a drowning cat - hideous...

Couldn't agree more. They're MUCH better on record. I get that she doesn't have a good voice, or even an average voice, but it's hard to get over live.

rage patton
11-04-2008, 02:16 PM
With the recent anouncement of The Prodigy in the UK till April 17, I think it is now more important than ever to lobby for The Prodigy.

boarderwoozel3
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Or make sure we get the Chemical Brothers :D

But clearly both would be best.

daft$tar
11-04-2008, 02:21 PM
With the recent anouncement of The Prodigy in the UK till April 17, I think it is now more important than ever to lobby for The Prodigy.

agreed!

also it should be in Sahara for sure - the year they were on the main stage it was painful...

rage patton
11-04-2008, 02:22 PM
To be honest, I am not that big of a Chemical Brothers fan. (Sorry Rob) The youtube videos of them do look awesome, and if they played Coachella, I would most likely see them. However, The Chemical Brothers are nowhere near the level of The Prodigy in my books...

daft$tar
11-04-2008, 02:32 PM
chemicals are good of course - classic - but i dont think the energy at their shows are as epic as prodigy/underworld/daft punk

Edmontonian
11-04-2008, 02:36 PM
I like the chem bros a lot better than the prodigy on record, but I've heard the prodigy's just insane live. Haven't seen either before so it would make me really happy to get either and especially both.

Anyways I would trade em both for some Soulwax! seen em twice now. Give ME MOREE!!!! the JOY! They're the only band that's brought me even close to the level of the Daft Punk JOY

daft punk tho. it could happen. why not? new light show. a giant orb that levitates and shoots smoke and lasers into the crowd

Tijuana
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Underworld should happen again this year.
Moby most likely with a DJ set.

AND PLEASE BRING BACK TENAGLIA.

betao
11-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Words cannot express the awesomeness that is Prodigy live.

daft$tar
11-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Words cannot express the awesomeness that is Prodigy live.

so true

Cdubby
11-04-2008, 03:41 PM
well im sure the prodigy will be playing the u.s. sometime next year....hopefully a california date pops up if not coachella

flowbee
11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Anyone familiar with DJ Hyper and think he could see a spot in the Sahara? Tons of energy, good remixes and originals. Mix of electronic and rock. I've been a fan of his stuff for years. His new album came out last week and there's a few good songs on it like "Jabba", "It's sick", "Centre Attraction".

Edmontonian
11-06-2008, 03:23 PM
never heard of hyper.

mylo!
motor!!
lo-fi-fnk!!!
girl talk!!!!
ghostland observatory!!!!!

LooseAtTheZoo
11-06-2008, 04:54 PM
girl talk!!!!

Uggh. I'm officially in the backlash stage to Girl Talk right now. No more.

orbit
11-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Anyone familiar with DJ Hyper and think he could see a spot in the Sahara? Tons of energy, good remixes and originals. Mix of electronic and rock. I've been a fan of his stuff for years. His new album came out last week and there's a few good songs on it like "Jabba", "It's sick", "Centre Attraction".

is this new album any better than we control? same style?

i haven't heard of him since 2007.

ADrunkPoet
11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
The Knife, Underworld, Soulwax, Vitalic, MSTRKRFT, Crookers

LooseAtTheZoo
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
The Knife, Underworld, Soulwax, Vitalic, MSTRKRFT, Crookers

Now this would be an awesome Sahara lineup. All you need is Moby.

oftheheartofthesoul
11-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Uggh. I'm officially in the backlash stage to Girl Talk right now. No more.

If you heard Michael Jackson try to chant with Yo Majesty over "Music Sounds Better With You," you would cry like a baby too. Admit it.

Put him in Sahara, opening for the Prodigy. I might die, but Jesus Christ it would be worth it.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-06-2008, 08:58 PM
If you heard Michael Jackson try to chant with Yo Majesty over "Music Sounds Better With You," you would cry like a baby too. Admit it.

Put him in Sahara, opening for the Prodigy. I might die, but Jesus Christ it would be worth it.

I've heard all I need to hear from Girl Talk. I am just not a fan

flowbee
11-07-2008, 04:28 AM
is this new album any better than we control? same style?

i haven't heard of him since 2007.

I first started liking Hyper after hearing his amazing remix of "Stupid" that came out in 04'.

I'd say the new album is on par with We Control. Some decent variety. Link below to samples of all the tracks off the new album. Favorite tracks are "It's Sick", "No Rockstars", "Jabba".

http://www.djdownload.com/search.php?st=suicide+tuesday&f=searchBox&s=datedesc&sf=all&x=0&y=0
He does a live band tour although I think I'd prefer a DJ set.

Sarah Mclachlan - Stupid (Hyper Remix)
oAtg-_Qxxso
"We Control" (live band)
SL72csO14kc
"Computer Says No"
zFzn9HllMtM

Derekx
11-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Underworld, Prodigy, Soulwax, Bloody Beetroots, Crookers, Ghostland Observatory, DJ Falcon

betao
11-07-2008, 08:22 AM
girl talk is terrible. have him close out either the mojave or gobi one night against the sahara headliner; now that would give the sahara tent a perfect vibe.

frozen pilgrim
11-07-2008, 08:49 AM
ahhaha yes!
girl talk in the mojave VS aphex twin in the sahara.

RedThom
11-07-2008, 10:26 AM

big problem with bands that can't do what they at least record.

I agree, Alice's "singing" live is fucking atrocious.

Edmontonian
11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
VITALIC!!!!

Got their live album last year. Would be unbefu*kinglievable.

Boourns
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Any suggestions for Sahara acts that would appear at the last few lines of a lineup poster?

Derekx
11-07-2008, 01:23 PM
VITALIC!!!!

Got their live album last year. Would be unbefu*kinglievable.

YES!

daft$tar
11-07-2008, 03:01 PM
1. bummer about prodigy - but to be honest ive never seen them outside of coachella - them at the fonda or the wiltern in LA would be insane - shit how about the hollywood bowl

2. girl talk is awful - he needs to go away forever

3. viatlic would be INSANITY - bring him

Brochella
11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Any suggestions for Sahara acts that would appear at the last few lines of a lineup poster?

Yuksek + Brodinski
Fedde le Grande
Miles Dyson
Juno Reactor
John Dahlback
Tocadisco

Edmontonian
11-07-2008, 07:25 PM
big problem with bands that can't do what they at least record.

I agree, Alice's "singing" live is fucking atrocious.

This is why god (or whomsoever you believe in) created dj sets.

Speaking of which, when crystal castles were supposed to play my town Edmonton alice broke her lribs in a car crash day of the show, so Ethan did a dj set that was actually super rad.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49090-crystal-castles-postpone-shows-due-to-injury

feather
11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
1. bummer about prodigy - but to be honest ive never seen them outside of coachella - them at the fonda or the wiltern in LA would be insane - shit how about the hollywood bowl

2. girl talk is awful - he needs to go away forever

3. viatlic would be INSANITY - bring him

Fonda, yes! That would be as intimate as you could hope for with a band like them. I dislike the Wiltern though. Vitalic, all for it.

boarderwoozel3
11-07-2008, 07:42 PM
This is why god (or whomsoever you believe in) created dj sets.

Speaking of which, when crystal castles were supposed to play my town Edmonton alice broke her lribs in a car crash day of the show, so Ethan did a dj set that was actually super rad.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/49090-crystal-castles-postpone-shows-due-to-injury

Thats very interesting. They canceled a show in Seattle not too long ago because they got into a car crash... suspicious...

feather
11-07-2008, 07:46 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5etVJMcBJs4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5etVJMcBJs4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The visuals on this are too much for me to handle, and in the Sahara O M G.

MeowMixer
11-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Australia '09:
Pnau
Van She Tech
Presets
A bunch of other Modular Groups

Also:
The Whip
The Bloody Beetroots (Never get old)

I'll think of more later.

daft$tar
11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Australia '09:
Pnau
Van She Tech
Presets
A bunch of other Modular Groups

Also:
The Whip
The Bloody Beetroots (Never get old)

I'll think of more later.

agreed - ladyhawke and muscles plz also - <3 the aussies

feather
11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Daft$tar I hope we get Cassius. I feel it!

boarderwoozel3
11-07-2008, 08:48 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5etVJMcBJs4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5etVJMcBJs4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The visuals on this are too much for me to handle, and in the Sahara O M G.

OMG is right. This would be a mind blowing live show. I can't fathom what rolling to that would be like, wait, yes I can. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Xrawrthatboy
11-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Chemical Bros. just HAVE to be at Coach this year, and if they can get those visuals to just below seizure inducing.. it might just cause my head to explode (in a good way).

orbit
11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Yuksek + Brodinski
Fedde le Grande
Miles Dyson
Juno Reactor
John Dahlback
Tocadisco

fedde le grand would be like having david guetta again. and that would suck bad.

dahlback and tocadisco are more producers than djs, but they might put a good show. i haven't see any of them live yet.

i can see sven vath throwing the party there. it's also time for dave clarke to play the festival. a b2b between marky and laurent garnier will tear the tent apart.

daft$tar
11-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Fonda, yes! That would be as intimate as you could hope for with a band like them. I dislike the Wiltern though. Vitalic, all for it.

so true about the wiltern - i saw the faint there last week and it was sub-par to the fonda a few months back - goldfrapp were also terrible at the wiltern once - who knew that was even possible...

feather
11-07-2008, 11:47 PM
seizure inducing..

I am not prone to seizures, but those lasers may do it.

boarderwoozel3
11-07-2008, 11:59 PM
Feather, this situation reminds of your sig. Truly sage advice.

jtovar21
11-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Future Sound Of London

betao
11-08-2008, 07:43 AM
I am not prone to seizures, but those lasers may do it.

here. this'll help.

about 44 seconds in is when it starts getting good.

UT4wacETztI&feature=related

sbessiso
11-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I wanna hang in the Sahara with YOU guys

frozen pilgrim
11-08-2008, 08:01 AM
I want the chemical brothers so badly after seeing so many friggin' videos.
it's like the daft punk alive tour- seeing clips of it just makes you want to go.

also, for the bazillionth time, roots manuva, please.

DJdharma
11-08-2008, 09:21 AM
The Presets
The Bloody Beetroots
The Chemical Bros.
Groove Armada
Ladytron
The Young Punx
Soulwax
Goose
Riot in Belgium
Prodigy
The Presets
Soulwax, Soulwax
The presets, The presets, The Presets

boarderwoozel3
11-08-2008, 12:42 PM
^

Yes please.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Dr. Lektroluv! I can't stop listening to him.

feather
11-08-2008, 01:14 PM
I wanna hang in the Sahara with YOU guys

You know I run the Sahara! (in my dreams at least)

I sense SSS in '09, Sahara Seizure Syndrome...I have high hopes for the lineup guys, and I support a lot of the names being thrown around.

Xrawrthatboy
11-08-2008, 07:58 PM
My Sahara Shortlist:
Chemical Bros.
The Prodigy
Daft Punk
DJ Hype
Dieselboy
Soulwax/2 Many DJs (im being greedy in demanding both)
Bloody Beetroots
Crookers
AK1200
& TONS more lazers

daft$tar
11-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Daft$tar I hope we get Cassius. I feel it!

i feel it too - have a lil insider info that is too early to blab about - but it could be the year...

!!!!

feather
11-09-2008, 12:39 AM
No Presets? Yes Presets.

feather
11-09-2008, 12:40 AM
i feel it too - have a lil insider info that is too early to blab about - but it could be the year...

!!!!

Yesssss. Isn't the new album due soon, early next year?

daft$tar
11-09-2008, 12:51 AM
No Presets? Yes Presets.

lets hope so!!!! and pnau/ladyhawke/bloody beetroots/cut copy/muscles/etc

daft$tar
11-09-2008, 12:53 AM
The Presets
The Bloody Beetroots
The Chemical Bros.
Groove Armada
Ladytron
The Young Punx
Soulwax
Goose
Riot in Belgium
Prodigy
The Presets
Soulwax, Soulwax
The presets, The presets, The Presets

yes yes yes yes YES

Xrawrthatboy
11-09-2008, 02:20 AM
No Presets? Yes Presets.

Okay feather, since word on the street is you run the sahara i'll withdraw my endorsments against a Presets appearance. I'll need a little time at the other stages anyways. :)

betao
11-09-2008, 07:50 AM
for those who havent been in the Royksopp thread:

They need to be in the Sahara. This is why:

z7MAgZZoSN4

This request is pending Feather's approval because she runs the show in the tent, but something tells me it'll easily pass :)

sbessiso
11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
I would like to be on Feather's Team Sahara. I think we're ALL in. I dont have to watch the video to know ill like it. Bring it on!

The Daft
11-09-2008, 08:41 AM
what about these new electro DJ's......like:

Le Castlevania
Villains
LA Riots
TREASURE FINGERS
Ocelot

do they have a shot for a bottom of the lister?

The Daft
11-09-2008, 09:06 AM
or what about....................

TOGETHER
Le Knight Club
Crydajam
The Buffalo Bunch

sbessiso
11-09-2008, 09:09 AM
my one and ONLY request is that we have the faint in there

DJdharma
11-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Yes! The geeks were right! The Faint!
Weren't they supposed to play last year but didn't make it at the last minute because of immigration issues. Hey guys, I know a really good Coyote down in San Diego. You could be at Coachella in 2 hours.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-09-2008, 09:53 AM
for those who havent been in the Royksopp thread:

They need to be in the Sahara. This is why:

z7MAgZZoSN4

This request is pending Feather's approval because she runs the show in the tent, but something tells me it'll easily pass :)

This video only enhances my Royksopp love

daft$tar
11-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Yesssss. Isn't the new album due soon, early next year?

i havent heard anything about the new album - just that they may be doing some shows and press in the usa in march/april - so it makes sense...

daft$tar
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
if they have PNAU this year they should also invite Empire of the Sun which shares members of pnau and the sleepy jackson

zmM2RwlxGt0

feather
11-09-2008, 01:14 PM

Pending...pending...pending...performance approved! Besides the lovely musicianship, they sprinkled snow on the crowd! Whether it's confetti/snow/balls/balloons I am a sucker for that stuff. When I saw Rabbit in the Moon, and Bunny shot gold confetti over us all, I got on my hands and knees and scooped it in my bag, threw it over my friends, with the biggest smile on my face. I just love it.

Feather's Team Sahara- it's on!

LooseAtTheZoo
11-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Pending...pending...pending...performance approved! Besides the lovely musicianship, they sprinkled snow on the crowd! Whether it's confetti/snow/balls/balloons I am a sucker for that stuff. When I saw Rabbit in the Moon, and Bunny shot gold confetti over us all, I got on my hands and knees and scooped it in my bag, threw it over my friends, with the biggest smile on my face. I just love it.

Feather's Team Sahara- it's on!

Can we make t-shirts?

rage patton
11-09-2008, 01:50 PM
That Royksopp video was awesome. I have never listened to them before... I need to look into them.

moomoo
11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
I enjoyed that Royksopp video too. I'd love to see that live.

feather
11-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Can we make t-shirts?

I am one step ahead of you! My best friend and I were so crushed we didn't purchase Sahara shirts for '08, that we decided to make our own for '09 once the lineup comes out. I also plan on making a shirt that says "Superstar DJ's Here We Go!" in honor of the Chems, and if the Prodigy play "Death of the Prodigy Dancers" because I love the live song off Experience, and I WILL be dead after a performance by them.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-09-2008, 03:15 PM
I am one step ahead of you! My best friend and I were so crushed we didn't purchase Sahara shirts for '08, that we decided to make our own for '09 once the lineup comes out. I also plan on making a shirt that says "Superstar DJ's Here We Go!" in honor of the Chems, and if the Prodigy play "Death of the Prodigy Dancers" because I love the live song off Experience, and I WILL be dead after a performance by them.

I would kill for the Sahara shirt from this year with the melting sneakers on the front. I bought it and it got stolen, and that is one of my biggest regrets from Coachella 08. Put me on the list for your 09 shirts for sure

boarderwoozel3
11-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I didn't even see a sahara shirt! They must have sold out early on Friday yes?

The "Superstar DJ's Here We Go!" shirt sounds sweet. We must experience that song live in 09! MUST!

betao
11-09-2008, 07:04 PM
That Royksopp video was awesome. I have never listened to them before... I need to look into them.

sir I may have to assist you in that. i'll be PMing you later.

betao
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM

I am hereby claiming one of these shirts. That sounds awesome.

feather
11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Looks like I will be taking shirt sizes! Plus it will be way cheaper than the $40 they charge right? Not that I wouldn't buy one, it's just I get so excited once inside the Coachella grounds I cannot think about waiting in line for a shirt. It's straight to the Sahara!

orbit
11-09-2008, 07:33 PM

you should try melodie am first. it's more accesible than the understanding.

betao
11-09-2008, 08:07 PM
yeah thats what i was going to send to him. its what i first listened too and i was hooked on instantly.

cansei de ser sexme
11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I would kill for the Sahara shirt from this year with the melting sneakers on the front. I bought it and it got stolen, and that is one of my biggest regrets from Coachella 08. Put me on the list for your 09 shirts for sure

I have one of those and it doesnt really fit me well, mens medium?

LooseAtTheZoo
11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I have one of those and it doesnt really fit me well, mens medium?
How much do you want? Has it been washed already, usually they shrink a size.

cansei de ser sexme
11-09-2008, 08:54 PM
yeah you probably wouldnt want it. I wore it for a while but i just kinda grew a little bit recently and it doesnt meet my waist anymore ahaha. the ink is pretty faded, i can send you a picture if you are at all interested.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-09-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah you probably wouldnt want it. I wore it for a while but i just kinda grew a little bit recently and it doesnt meet my waist anymore ahaha. the ink is pretty faded, i can send you a picture if you are at all interested.

Definitely. just pm me a pic or something

11-10-2008, 06:55 AM
lBvaHZIrt0o

i <3 this vid

vogina
11-11-2008, 03:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/SaharawithAlexhead.jpg?t=1226403651
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/Cooachella.jpg?t=1226403682
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/Saharabackview.jpg?t=1226403701
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/genitals.gif?t=1226403731

JSam67
11-11-2008, 03:55 AM
My guesses for the 3 biggest names for the Sahara, with the knowledge of The Prodigy being all but ruled out:

Basement Jaxx
The Faint
M83

LooseAtTheZoo
11-11-2008, 03:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/SaharawithAlexhead.jpg?t=1226403651
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/Cooachella.jpg?t=1226403682
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/Saharabackview.jpg?t=1226403701
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/mresteve33/genitals.gif?t=1226403731

My favorite Sahara picture from this year is the one where the creepy guy with dreadlocks is dangling from the rafters over a huge crowd during Hot Chip. I think it's in the "did anyone see this scary man" thread

Mr. E
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
TRENTEMOLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boarderwoozel3
11-11-2008, 04:12 PM
My guesses for the 3 biggest names for the Sahara, with the knowledge of The Prodigy being all but ruled out:

Basement Jaxx
The Faint
M83

I'm down with Jaxx, but is M83 really that big or a sahara act.

Boourns
11-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Would M83 even play the sahara? That's dance music?

boarderwoozel3
11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Methinks Mojave or mayyyyyyybe early outdoor for M83.

Xrawrthatboy
11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
not trying to rip on anyone, but i really don't see the faint in the sahara either. is that where they ended up last time they played at coachella? if anything they could get placed in the mojave. then again they like to bring their own visuals and the sahara is where that might work best. someone enlighten me.

action jackson
11-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Joakim? That would be awesome!

boarderwoozel3
11-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Even if they're guitar driven, The Faint is thoroughly electronic and totally danceable. I see no problem with them in the Sahara.

sbessiso
11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
they played outdoor theater last time but the sahara is where they belong. I'll be there, I cannot wait

JSam67
11-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah The Faint is Sahara, without a doubt. M83 on the other hand, is totally my bad. I don't know why I thought they were more dance-y, I'm admittedly not too familiar with them. I listened to a couple songs today though and fucking love them, I hope they show up in the Mojave.

So that would leave me with Basement Jaxx, The Faint, and, uh, I don't know, Chemical Brothers maybe.

Jman4321
11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
:dumbo dumbo is ready to dance at the sahara

HEADSTRUCK
11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah The Faint is Sahara, without a doubt. .

they werent when they played there before so what changes that now?

sbessiso
11-12-2008, 10:08 AM
It could be something special, the faint would have a juicy sahara timeslot. It wouldnt just be the faint, it would be The Faint in the Sahara! you know what i mean?

HEADSTRUCK
11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
i would rather see them on the outdoor i think

HEADSTRUCK
11-12-2008, 10:22 AM
this is who I would like to see in the tent.....

Chem Bros.
Evol Intent
Boys Noize
Dj Icey
Green Velvet

sbessiso
11-12-2008, 10:25 AM
sure, whatever, bring them on. I dont know electronic music at all (much to the disbelief at PassiveTheory, he thinks all gays know this stuff)

HEADSTRUCK
11-12-2008, 10:27 AM
sure, whatever, bring them on. I dont know electronic music at all (much to the disbelief at PassiveTheory, he thinks all gays know this stuff)

thats cause he isnt 2 bright

orbit
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
i thought icey was dead.

is he playing anything new?

Edmontonian
11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
m83+OutdoorTheatre+Sunset

mmmmmmm.....

definitely not Sahara. not dancey enough. Maybe if they played all Red Seas, Dead Cities and Lost Ghosts but they actually play very little off it...

daft$tar
11-12-2008, 11:48 AM
faint in sahara would be INSANE - remember how good the rapture were a few years ago? and i dont even like the rapture...

daft$tar
11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
they werent when they played there before so what changes that now?

hopefully the coachella morons got smart - they did the same dumb shit when they put prodigy on the main stage at 5 pm a while back

betao
11-12-2008, 12:19 PM
m83 needs to be in a tent. Either the mojave or the gobi.

feather
11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Green Velvet

He will your friends favorite song too.

DJdharma
11-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I dont know electronic music at all (much to the disbelief at PassiveTheory, he thinks all gays know this stuff)

OMG! I know a lot about EDM. All this time i must have mistakenly believed myself to be straight! How will I break it to my parents?

DJdharma
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM
faint in sahara would be INSANE - remember how good the rapture were a few years ago? and i dont even like the rapture...

Midnight Juggernaughts were similarly excellent in the Sahara.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-12-2008, 07:05 PM
I did not enjoy Midnight Juggernauts at all.

feather
11-12-2008, 08:31 PM
^ Same. It was nap time for me in the shade of the Sahara.

JSam67
11-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I didn't mind Midnight Juggernauts. I still haven't spent that much time in the Sahara in two Coachellas. MJ, Hot Chip, Fatboy Slim, Justice last year, nobody in '07... yeah, I think that's it.

Hopefully that would change this year with Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx, The Faint.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Friday of this year was Sahara-chella for me. DJ Mehdi, Midnight Juggernauts, Adam Freeland, Aphex Twin, Fatboy Slim.

feather
11-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I think this year will be Sahara heaven for me-I am sending vibes to Paul.

Xrawrthatboy
11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
this is who I would like to see in the tent.....
Green Velvet

YEAH GREEN VELVET!!

gibsonorbust
11-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I think this year will be Sahara heaven for me...

I'm thinkin its gonna be the bee's knees this year.

Why isnt it mid-April already!? sheesh

Edmontonian
11-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Last year I spent pretty close to equal time in sahara on friday and saturday, but a bit more on friday (4 vs 5 shows respectively). On sunday I was only in sahara for justice, even though I think it was the best sahara lineup of all the days easily. but there were some special concerts going on that day. :-)

Trick Loves The Kids
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
If Justice and Gogol Bordello can play two years in a row then bring back Booka Shade and give them a night slot.

feather
11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I do believe Booka got the short end of the stick. I ended up leaving them early, even though I enjoy their albums a lot. I would want to see them again.

HEADSTRUCK
11-13-2008, 09:44 AM
i thought icey was dead.

is he playing anything new?

What? Def not dead.......No he still plays the same tracks he did 10 years ago, of course he keeps on rolling.

HEADSTRUCK
11-13-2008, 09:51 AM
YEAH GREEN VELVET!!

would be nice but I dont see Coachella pulling that out....not really thier style

daft$tar
11-13-2008, 12:18 PM
^ Same. It was nap time for me in the shade of the Sahara.

me 3 re: midnight juggernauts - they just dont sound good...

daft$tar
11-13-2008, 12:19 PM
If Justice and Gogol Bordello can play two years in a row then bring back Booka Shade and give them a night slot.

agreed - that would be very nice

vxgasattack
11-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Underworld
The Knife
Fischerspooner
Crystal Castles
Justice
Infected Mushroom (wanted to see them so bad in '06 but they played during RATM)
Pendulum
Daft Punk (don't expect it to happen)
SebastiAn
Danger (Keep an eye out for this guy!)

vxgasattack
11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
And I just discovered New Judas Records and I have to say that this artist, Huoratron, would probably make people shit their pants...

PPwCmhvmHeM

betao
11-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Underworld doing a live set.

THIS is what needs to be in the Sahara. I dare anyone to watch this video and say no.

f1JF1W_i0-I

feather
11-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh man that video is Sahara material spot on.

betao
11-16-2008, 01:38 PM
fucking word Sophia. Here's some more:

uK7QrVQa7vE&feature=related

This one is just awesome.

C0VJ5Kcapt0&feature=related

Boourns
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
NGcAwPWj_GA

stinkbutt
11-16-2008, 02:41 PM
And I just discovered New Judas Records and I have to say that this artist, Huoratron, would probably make people shit their pants...

PPwCmhvmHeM

that video and song are really fuckin annoying

patsfan5454
11-16-2008, 03:22 PM
That Underworld video is very sick, i completely agree! Underworld sahara 09!

feather
11-16-2008, 07:06 PM
So do you guys think if the Chem's play they will be main stage or Sahara?

stephen22
11-16-2008, 07:24 PM
So do you guys think if the Chem's play they will be main stage or Sahara?

I hope The Chemical Brother play two nights.

Hey...Radiohead got to do it at APW.

PassiveTheory
11-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Chem Bros could do either, honestly. I'd figure they'd play the Sahara, though.

feather
11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I hope The Chemical Brother play two nights.

And I want them to play my backyard, but it's unlikely.