PDA

View Full Version : My Morning Jacket Bonnaroo Setlist!!! WOW!!!

shotglass75
06-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Now this is what a MMJ show is supposed to be like!!!!

Evil Urges
Off the Record
Gideon
Hot Fun (Sly & the Family Stone) with Jeff Coffin on saxophone and the Nashville/Louisville Horns
Highly Suspicious
What a Wonderful Man
I'm Amazed
Thank You Too
Touch Me Pt 1
Sec Walkin
Golden
Two Halves
Laylow
Hit it and Quit it (Funkadelic)
Tyrone (Erykah Badu)
Steam Engine - with drum solo
Anytime
Aluminum Park
Easy Morning Rebel with Jeff Coffin and the Nashville/Louisville Horns
Dancefloors with Jeff Coffin and the Nashville/Louisville Horns
One Big Holiday featuring Kirk Hammett of Metallica

-- intermission --

Cold Sweat (James Brown) with Jeff Coffin and the Nashville/Louisville Horns
Get Down On It (Kool and the Gang) with Jeff Coffin and the Nashville/Louisville Horns
Across 110th Street (Bobby Womack & Peace) with Jeff Coffin and the Nashville/Louisville Horns
Wordless Chorus
Phone Went West
Mahgeetah
Oh Sweet Nuthin (Velvet Underground)
Librarian
Bermuda Highway - Jim solo
Dondante
Run Thru
Smokin from Shootin
Touch Me Pt 2
Home Sweet Home (Mötley Crüe) featuring Zach Galifianakis as Annie

GnarVee
06-14-2008, 07:46 AM
HOT DAMN!

betao
06-14-2008, 07:50 AM
now THAT is a performance.

MarkO
06-14-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm telling you all. Go find their bootlegs off archive.org etc. They're wonderful.

woogie846
06-14-2008, 09:07 AM
DUDE!

summerkid
06-14-2008, 09:33 AM
This is why I bought tickets to see them in september, Ive only seen them at Coachella but I knew that the hour they played for didn't do them justice even though it was amazing.

uscjeff
06-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Damn. Kirk on One Big Holliday? wow

summerkid
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm more impressed about the covers: JB, Badu, VU, Sly, Funkadelic. That's some fucking awesome shit.

Sexecutioner
06-14-2008, 09:57 AM
holy fuck man! im soooo jealous. my buddy is there, lucky bastard.

Damn. Kirk on One Big Holliday? wow

yea, thats fuckin awesome. and closing with home sweet home? fuuuuck! cant wait till sept rolls around...

summerkid
06-14-2008, 09:58 AM
you seeing them at SDSU? I got pit tickets for it, so excited!

Sexecutioner
06-14-2008, 10:01 AM
you seeing them at SDSU? I got pit tickets for it, so excited!

yep, im in pit too! sec bbb!

summerkid
06-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm in AAA i didn't know the password and had to guess like 5 times.

summerkid
06-14-2008, 10:14 AM
I still can't believe people were bitching about them being as high as they were on the poster this year. Sure didn't hear that shit after the festival did you? One of the best bands to come out of this decade easily better than fucking Interpol that's for sure.

Sexecutioner
06-14-2008, 10:17 AM
so i heard that bonarroo set was in the pooring rain too, fuckin epic...got an email from my buddy and he said "So much fun to watch...felt like I was seeing one of those legendary sets people will always talk about..."

I'm in AAA i didn't know the password and had to guess like 5 times.

raconteurs and mmj back to back nights in the pit are gonna be insane.

I still can't believe people were bitching about them being as high as they were on the poster this year. Sure didn't hear that shit after the festival did you? One of the best bands to come out of this decade easily.

agreed.

summerkid
06-14-2008, 10:25 AM
raconteurs and mmj back to back nights in the pit are gonna be insane.

Gah, I'm running out of money so I had to sacrifice not getting Raconteurs tickets.

Sexecutioner
06-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Gah, I'm running out of money so I had to sacrifice not getting Raconteurs tickets.

WTF? you, of all people skipped them? for shame. there are some shows you just need to pony up and buy that shit. these 2 both qualify. sacrifice other things like food or partying (in that order). there are actually still a bunch of raconteurs tix left. i dont think that many people know just how good they are yet...

summerkid
06-14-2008, 10:31 AM
maybe i can convince my dad to buy me a ticket and go with me, he was so bummed when I told him I was seeing MMJ and I didn't get him a ticket.

Sexecutioner
06-14-2008, 10:33 AM
maybe i can convince my dad to buy me a ticket and go with me, he was so bummed when I told him I was seeing MMJ and I didn't get him a ticket.

thats a good idea. there are probably still tix for mmj left too, have him buy both.

and to get this thread back on track...i cant fuckin wait for a bootleg of this set to surface!

shotglass75
06-14-2008, 11:31 AM
I really didn't think that they would be able to top their 2006 Roo set. But they did. In a torrential downpour too from what I hear. Hopefully they'll get more than an hour at Glastonbury. Oh but the way, did I tell you I'm going to Glastonbury!!!!!

shotglass75
06-14-2008, 11:36 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/vel14/2008/06/my-morning-jacket-at-bonnaroo-epic.html

When we look back at My Morning Jacket's career, I believe we'll see a long path littered with history making performances, "one for the record books" evenings where many of us were lucky enough to witness the collective gatherings where music makes us one.

This is the third time I've been with MMJ at Bonnaroo. I thought 2004's Thunderdome performance where lightning flashed while the rain blew straight into the stage as I ran around trying to find Jim's shoes while praying he didn't get electrocuted, and the band got soaked to the magical strains of "Steam Engine" could never be surpassed so I skipped the last two times they played. Then last night happened.

The show started at midnight and four hours later (or 15 if you ask Paul Scheer), as Bo Koster Tommy Lee'd final notes of Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home," it ended. But not before we were treated to John Coffin whose saxophone sang sweetly into the night on a handful of songs, a kick ass solo from the object of my stalker affections, Kirk Hammett, on "One Big Holiday," and an appearance by Zach Galifianakis as... Annie. Annie in green briefs singing a legendary Crue ballad. I did say epic, didn't I?!

The band blazed through 35 songs including all of Evil Urges, save "Remnants" and "Look at You," along with a good chunk of Z. They brought Erykah Badu's "Tyrone" back into the mix while adding delightful covers of James Brown's "Cold Sweat" (Jim as James was quite a sight to behold) and Kool and the Gang's "Get Down On It" The in-honor-of-others portion concluded with a lovely version of The Velvet Underground's "Oh! Sweet Nuthin'." A few tunes were omitted due to time concerns and the equation of rain + gear = technical opportunities. Oh yes, it rained again. Same stage. Same rain pouring in while the crowd rocked on. I can't tell if Mother Nature is doing some voodoo with the band or merely showering them with her approval.

Speaking of the dripping, the most magical moment for me had to be standing alone in the center aisle between the two halves of the crowd watching "Phone Went West" and remembering how my love affair with the band began. All the trials and tribulations I've experienced with them washed away in water and light and supersonic sound.

I feel evangelical (and if you know me, you know that's out of character) about the moments I get to spend hearing these guys create something so much bigger than any one of them, the sum of their parts equaling infinity.

I am super freaking proud to be married to Tom, and it's fun to separate the wizard under the lights from the guy who mows the lawn and takes out the trash.

I kept asking T after the show, "How did you do it?" All I did was scooch around taking 9 million photos and I could barely speak, but the band was in good spirits and enjoying what was left of the night.

The sun had started its ascent on Day Three of Bonnaroo as we finally went to sleep, but for me time stopped when My Morning Jacket took the stage.

Goodmorning,
Ms. P

ps. You can click on the smaller pics to see larger versions. More coming to my Flickr page soon.

bballarl
06-14-2008, 11:38 AM
They played 3 hours. 12 AM to 3 AM. Magical. I was so pissed when I saw that. At least I can see them in San Diego.

Sexecutioner
06-14-2008, 11:46 AM
fuck i love this band. their albums just dont do justice to how good they are live. im pretty bummed i missed such an epic show... :(

greghead
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I was seriously tempted by the Roo this year. There are over three dozen bands I would love to see. They always have some great soul/r&b acts. Plus, MMJ is making a triumphant return after a couple years away. If "Rolling Thunder" pt. II happens, I am going to be kicking myself for missing it

I fucking knew it.

I'm seeing them at the Greek in Sept., but I hate myself for missing this set.

docktora
06-15-2008, 11:27 PM
FUSE tv is replaying two songs...I'm Amazed and One Big Holiday, with Kirk from Metallica...it aired Monday morning at 1:30 am and will probably do so again....