PDA

View Full Version : 107.7 Summer Camp 2 - Seattle, WA

shaggyduck
06-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone going to be attending this small festival tomorrow in Redmonds? I'll be up in Seattle covering the festival for YouTellConcerts.com.

Looking forward to MGMT, Nada Surf, and Flogging Molly specifically...

Summer Camp Doors open at 2:30pm

Set Times

Flobots - 3:00pm
Armor for Sleep - 3:50pm
MGMT - 5:00pm
Nada Surf - 6:10pm
Pennywise - 7:30pm
Flogging Molly - 9:00pm

tessalasset
06-14-2008, 01:56 AM
ONE OH SEVEN POINT SEVEN THE ENNNNNNDDDDDD!

Always reminds me of Janet and Lindsey from Real World Seattle.

superfiction
06-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Anyone going to be attending this small festival tomorrow in Redmonds? I'll be up in Seattle covering the festival for YouTellConcerts.com.

Looking forward to MGMT, Nada Surf, and Flogging Molly specifically...

Summer Camp Doors open at 2:30pm

Set Times

Flobots - 3:00pm
Armor for Sleep - 3:50pm
MGMT - 5:00pm
Nada Surf - 6:10pm
Pennywise - 7:30pm
Flogging Molly - 9:00pm

1077 blows cock now. talk to me like 7 years ago. and that line up sucks too. you should cover the sub pop festival instead. now thats going to be good.

rage patton
06-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I went tp this... but I don't understand why a thread was made about this. Anyways, I got there just before MGMT started, and tickets were sold out. Luckily, through a serioes of events, we found tickets for face value. Now, I heard MGMT are very hit/miss live, so I was prepared to be disapointed, but I was hoping to have fun. They ended up being SO good. I really enjoyed. The band sounded great and singer voice sounded spot on. The only thing that sucked, was the douchbag Pennywise fan who started shouting "PENNYWISE! PENNYWISE!" during Time To Pretend. He then went on to start a mosh pit with a whole bunch of 14 and 15 year old kids, which lasted about a minute.
Then Nada Surf came on. I have never really listened to them before, but they were great. I am going to look into their music because I enjoyed their performance so much... but once again, the Pennywise fans almost ruined it. During the first song, these idiots came to front JUST to start a mosh pit. The band looked very confused/entertained... while everyone at front was just like "WTF?" That lasted for about 20 minutes unfortunately... then I think everyone got tired. But AGAIN at one point where the lead singer was talking to the crowd a couple a big metal head looking dudes started chanting "PENNYWISE! PENNYWISE!" So my girlfriend turned around and yelled "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" They did indeed shut the fuck up and there was no more chanting after that. But yes, Nada Surf were great.
Then came on Pennywise... yeah, Pennywise fans are fucking disrespectuful douchebags. Enough abouut them.
Then Flogging Molly came on. They were awesome. My girlfriend and I found this group of people who were trying to start a dancing pit, jigging pit if you will, instead of a mosh pit and we decided to help them out. Soon enough, it got as big as the mosh pit and everyone was actually dancing instead of pushing each other around like testosterone filled roid monkeys. It was really awesome.
All in all, it was a fun night.

Cdubby
06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
cool a mini live 105 bfd

fasttrack
06-16-2008, 11:14 AM
i might have gone to this if i knew about it. oh well.

MarkO
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Not worth the trip for me to see the two bands I like (MGMT & Nada Surf)

rage patton
06-16-2008, 11:32 AM
i might have gone to this if i knew about it. oh well.

Sorry man, I would have given you a heads up... but it was sort of a last minute decision on me and the girls part.