PDA

View Full Version : It's Raining Important members of the Press

Deviate_420
06-13-2008, 12:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080613/ap_on_en_tv/obit_russert

WASHINGTON - Tim Russert, host of NBC's "Meet the Press" and its Washington bureau chief collapsed and died at work Friday after suffering an apparent heart attack. He was 58

Russert, of Buffalo, N.Y., took the helm of the Sunday news show in December 1991 and turned it into the most widely watched program of its type in the nation. His signature trait there was an unrelenting style of questioning, sparing none of the politicians, business giants and even sports figures who appeared on his show.

Washingtonian magazine once dubbed Russert the best journalist in town, and described "Meet the Press" as "the most interesting and important hour on television.

He also wrote best-selling books, "Big Russ and Me," in 2004, and "Wisdom of our Fathers," in 2006.

This year, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.

Russert also was a senior vice president at NBC

Young blood
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
next time try harder to kill urself.

canexplain
06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
yea this was already posted but they didnt follow the board way of saying things ...its raining etc ...x**** so you win i guess is my point

Deviate_420
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I wanna know how shit makes it on here almost as fast as it does on Reuters..

woogie846
06-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I was flabbergasted at the least when I opened up Yahoo a couple of minutes ago.

gaypalmsprings
06-13-2008, 02:17 PM
RIP

http://www.americanpolitics.com/russertsouthpark.gif

Yablonowitz
06-13-2008, 03:14 PM
I wanna know how shit makes it on here almost as fast as it does on Reuters..

I want to know what music Tim Russert played and if I can buy any albums from him.

BlackSwan
06-13-2008, 03:25 PM
if anything this makes this video even more funny...

-g6iopUkG84

prettydirtything
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM
edit: dammit! I check another browser tab and somebody beats me too it... w/video no less.....

anybody remember Clintons campaign manager on Meet the Press 3 weeks ago using Russerts father as an example of people in heaven who want the Democratic primary to keep going? "Big Russ looking down from heaven..."

"funny" part is, well Big Russ is still alive, and now Little Tim is as dead as dead can be.

And Tim had health insurance and a cushy job while dad worked in blue collar irish catholic-ville.. WTF?

prettydirtything
06-13-2008, 03:50 PM

See, I thought so too.

as I side note, I remember watching that Meet the Press and I would bet real money that Terry was coked out of his mind that morning. He was sweating, talking a mile a minute, and the apocalypse couldn't have knocked him off the talking points.

BlackSwan
06-13-2008, 03:57 PM
See, I thought so too.

we both win. i think i first saw it on The Daily Show.

Yablonowitz
06-13-2008, 09:05 PM

-g6iopUkG84

Had to put it in both threads. Good for you. This is the MUSIC section. MUSIC.