PDA

View Full Version : The Lollapalooza Message Board is such a fucking bummer

malcolmjamalawesome
06-09-2008, 03:17 PM
You know what? This is a pretty sweet message board. Everybody is pretty cool and everybody either knows a lot about music or is eager to learn a lot about music and other stuff and it's just a nice experience here. So thanks to all of you. Also, people here are funny and clever.

Lollapalooza message board, however, is a fucking bummer

Mainly what I'm trying to say is I miss thelastgreatman.

paulb
06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
ya, the Lolla boards sure got some lame people.... especially those who try to somehow prove Lolla is better than Coachella. Cause at Coachella they dont have free AT&T fans.

menikmati
06-09-2008, 04:02 PM
The lollapalooza boards suck hard, and I hope they heard me.

BlackSwan
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
You know what? This is a pretty sweet message board. Everybody is pretty cool and everybody either knows a lot about music or is eager to learn a lot about music and other stuff and it's just a nice experience here. So thanks to all of you. Also, people here are funny and clever.

Lollapalooza message board, however, is a fucking bummer. First off, let us not forget that this is a message board that actually had several of its members convinced Miley Cyrus would be playing Lollapalooza this year. Next off, I started a thread about which sets at this year's Lolla people thought would be the most illicit substance-friendly. Maybe that's totally weak of me. But I feel like I wouldn't have gotten my ass chewed out here. Over there, it's a big fucking guilt trip on how the Lolla Board regulars don't condone drug use and it's irresponsible and blah blah blah nobody wants to take drugs anyway because our fucked up festival ends at 10 o'clock and is on the hottest god damned weekend of the year anyway and by the way we have 2 total electronic acts and we have Toadies.

the people on the lolla message board reflect a lot of the the people who actually attend lolla...

BYOD all the way! I promise... you won't regret it.

faxman75
06-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I go to the sound opinions message board for Lolla discussion and here. I don't even go to that board and i'm going to the fest this year. :) I did all my Sasquatch chatting on this board as well. I figure that's a great way to build a community anyway. After Coachella I went to Sasquatch with my good friends from this here message board. I'm also meeting up with more Coachella boarders at Lolla. :) I love my Coachella people.

menikmati
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
This is pretty much THE message board for music festivals. It sure has the most traffic of em all.

PassiveTheory
06-09-2008, 04:23 PM
YEAH, WE ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

malcolmjamalawesome
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Well now I feel much better.

gaypalmsprings
06-09-2008, 06:17 PM
you heart randy

ShyGuy75
06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Its just the interwebzzz!

No, no. In all seriousness, its ground zero for the tool factory over there and 100% not what the crowd at Lolla is like.... unless you are a giant douche like Black Swan. Then you probably get shit on everywhere you go.

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 06:37 PM
That's cause Chicago is entirely populated by shiteaters.

boarderwoozel3
06-09-2008, 07:10 PM
I agree, after trying out the Lolla board for a bit I had to come back to 'ole faithful. It appears finding drugs in chi-town may be tricky.

TickleMeElmo
06-09-2008, 07:16 PM
It's just different over there. You could say a similar thing too with Inforoo, it's just different there. We may see them as tools, but they probably see us as complete assholes and elitist fucks... well, they aren't the only board that thinks that. It's just a different board with a different vibe. They get more excited over bands we don't give a shit about and the other way around too. And I wouldn't go as far to say THIS is the music festival board of music festivals. I recall seeing another European one get more traffic than this site.

And so what if they frown upon drug use, is that a really bad thing or something?

ShyGuy75
06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Its quite easy as long as you are not a noob. I used to just get it from the cops.

boarderwoozel3
06-09-2008, 07:38 PM
And so what if they frown upon drug use, is that a really bad thing or something?

Yes it is. Drug use is inherent at a music festival. The two go hand-in-hand.

Some dipshit kid at bumbershoot started flipping me shit for smoking a joint before Gogol came on, same sort of thing. Both are totally unacceptable given the atmosphere and history surrounding music festivals.

I don't go to NASCAR events and frown down on tailgating, but I wouldn’t be caught dead at a NASCAR event... meh. Drugs are good, um'kay.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
This is pretty much THE message board for music festivals. It sure has the most traffic of em all.

too bad the APW message board gets negelected....

sbessiso
06-10-2008, 06:20 AM
agree completly, this is THE messageboard, it should say something that almost 2 months after coachella, we're still here going strong, the fact that a bunch of us have other festivals lined up but still hang out here, i've never even been on the bonnaroo boards, why bother?

JSam67
06-10-2008, 06:29 AM
I bet that message board would be more popular if APW wasn't an overpriced train wreck of a festival. That said, I'm jealous you get to see Underworld and 2 nights of Radiohead.

Malcolmjamal, I saw your thread yesterday on the Lolla boards and, if that board wasn't the lamest music message board on the planet, would have contributed for your cause (the answer, by the way, is Radiohead and NIN) . The people comprising the Lolla boards suck the will to post right from my soul. The very mention of drugs and it turns into an onslaught of character, assuming that you must be a Bonnaroo hippie. And these people provide no fun information whatsoever.

Additionally, before the lineup came out, the moderator had some post about being nice and considerate to the noobs looking for info, ridiculous stuff. Let me find it... here we go:

"Do not resort to directly attacking any board member or the festival organizers. This includes calling people "stupid" or "retarded", telling them to "fuck off", saying someone is "gay", etc. Even though many of us regulars have friendly relationships and call each other names in jest, it's not cool to do that on the board as it encourages name-calling and insults among people who are just joining the board and learning what does and doesn't fly around here."

Lolla is pretty fun, and will be awesome this year with that lineup, but Coachella message board just destroys that crappy opinion-less friend zone.

gaypalmsprings
06-10-2008, 06:44 AM
I don't go to NASCAR events and frown down on tailgating, but I wouldn’t be caught dead at a NASCAR event... meh.

Ha.

http://www.midcatwmn.com/moon/pics/NHIS/nhis03.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-10-2008, 07:26 AM
you know? The more I learn about the other festivals that Radiohead is playing in the US..the more I realise how much APW is actually pretty wicked...I didn't know that Lolla ended at 10pm. WTF...yeah they may have a bigger and more expanded line up but hell...2 nights of Radiohead at a price $89 a night? meanwhile the good seats at the HB were $75 with the Liars as the opening act Vs. Underworld, Kings of Leon or Animal Collective (and I love the Liars!!)? Also, the sets at lolla will more likely be shorter then APW...I don't know...it is just how I feel...APW gets no love...yeah Sunday is still shit compared to Coachella standards but Fri and Sat are tops....

sbessiso
06-10-2008, 07:30 AM
ANYTHING with radiohead 2 nights is pretty tops

eudaemonia
06-10-2008, 07:59 AM
...I didn't know that Lolla ended at 10pm. WTF...

It doesn't. Their "official aftershows" may start at 10pm but that's around the time the headliner takes the stage so it doesn't really make sense to call it an aftershow. It's a bit annoying but I suppose it's another alternative to seeing a band/artist you missed during the festival (or for those not attending the fest to get a chance to see/hear artist, local).

the people on the lolla message board reflect a lot of the the people who actually attend lolla...

Very true. Keep in mind, Lolla (and ACL too) have an area for kids and so it's really made up to be a family-friendly festival. I remember attending for the first time last year and there was comparatively less smoke in the air as there was in Coachella (and I don't remember anyone really passing out). There is a way to get stuff in, you just have to be lucky enough to spot an easy-going security guard... after waiting in that long queue to get in.

JSam67
06-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Did you just say that the headliners take at 10 pm? Because if you did, you're full of shit. A headliner might squeak past 10 a bit, like Pearl Jam did last year, but that was only like 15 minutes maybe. Lolla stays pretty close to schedule. Also, neither I nor my friends have been searched very hard at all in the last 2 years, in fact, I've never once been patted down. This helps the line move quickly, and I've rarely had to wait very long, except for maybe the 1st day when everyone gets their wristbands and such. Once you have a wristband, it's a cakewalk the next 2 days.

orbit
06-10-2008, 12:46 PM

and it's pretty good for music in general as well. you can find discussions/talks about most types and genres of music.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
and it's pretty good for music in general as well. you can find discussions/talks about most types and genres of music.

except hippie jam bands....

eudaemonia
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Did you just say that the headliners take at 10 pm? Because if you did, you're full of shit. A headliner might squeak past 10 a bit, like Pearl Jam did last year, but that was only like 15 minutes maybe.

Oh my bad, it is scheduled to be 10pm, but it takes about 15 minutes to get out of the venue and another 15 (at best) to get to make it back to whatever hotel you came from -- making one late for an aftershow -- but thank you for being such a fucking cunt about it.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
so lolla ends at 10pm? WTF

amyzzz
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
It is also a bummer that I can't go to Lollapalooza. (so really, who cares about their freakng board?)

malcolmjamalawesome
06-10-2008, 01:49 PM
The answer is also Booka Shade and Brazilian Girls, IMO.

canexplain
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
so lolla ends at 10pm? WTF

and coachella ends when 1200 or so, i forget , the roo its dawn and same for wakarusa (when it doesnt have any tornadors like a few days ago grrrrrr), so each fest has something going for it ..... x****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-10-2008, 05:08 PM
and coachella ends when 1200 or so, i forget , the roo its dawn and same for wakarusa (when it doesnt have any tornadors like a few days ago grrrrrr), so each fest has something going for it ..... x****

Unless Prince is on then its 1am...

msklvr
06-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Lollapalooza message board, however, is a fucking bummer. First off, let us not forget that this is a message board that actually had several of its members convinced Miley Cyrus would be playing Lollapalooza this year. Next off, I started a thread about which sets at this year's Lolla people thought would be the most illicit substance-friendly. Maybe that's totally weak of me. But I feel like I wouldn't have gotten my ass chewed out here. Over there, it's a big fucking guilt trip on how the Lolla Board regulars don't condone drug use and it's irresponsible and blah blah blah nobody wants to take drugs anyway because our fucked up festival ends at 10 o'clock and is on the hottest god damned weekend of the year anyway and by the way we have 2 total electronic acts and we have Toadies.

Agreed with everything. I am msklvr over there also. Everyone is really lame, but very friendly. I still come over here for tour info, new album info, and just general fun reading. I think people over there are too friendly. They lock any arguments, they lock drug threads, they lock anything that is not all roses and sunshine. I think Lolla will be fun, just different than Coachella. I tried to discuss that and they nicely told me to STFU.

I think thelastgreatman should come over there and get himself banned. It would make for good reading.

fiopadp7791
06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Not to cyhange the subject of this thread, but who is all goin to 'Lolla from here?

I regret not meeting any of you when I went to Coachella, so maybe I can get a 2nd chance at Lolla? Also, I'm staying in a downtown Chi hotel, so maybe we can grab some beers after if the last set doesn't go much past 10 at night... what a bummer...
-Pete

malcolmjamalawesome
06-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I'll be there with funky bells on, but, don't forget, I missed my first Coachella since 2004 this year since I had to go to my stupid friends' stupid destination wedding. I have some pent up rage frustrations to let out on this festival.

fiopadp7791
06-11-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll be there with funky bells on, but, don't forget, I missed my first Coachella since 2004 this year since I had to go to my stupid friends' stupid destination wedding. I have some pent up rage frustrations to let out on this festival.

I feel your pain. My first year was '06, and I missed '07 and still regret it. So coming back this year was 2 years in the making.

westcoastpirate
06-22-2008, 12:32 AM
The answer is also Booka Shade and Brazilian Girls, IMO.

C-H-R-O-M-E-O if they were playing at night at Lolla

Xenocide
06-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Battles > Toadies > RATM

can't top that...

faxman75
06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Sure you can.....Battles-->toadies---->Wilco

You can only listen to the same angry rant so many times from Zach. I think we are impeaching Bush again this year and deciding that voting for any party in this election is our own death sentance. We need to start a revelution and such. I'm guessing same setlist as Coachella last year with one or two fresh rants.

msklvr
06-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Battles > Toadies > RATM

can't top that...

You can make that better by going...

Explosions in the Sky > Battles > Toadies > RATM

boarderwoozel3
06-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Or:

Jamie Lidell > Battles > Toadie > RATM > Battles (aftershow @ Doubledoor) :D

msklvr
06-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about the Battles after show. Seeing Battles twice in a day seems like overkill. I dunno.

I'm thinking that EITS > Battles > Toadies > RATM > White Castle would be just right.

boarderwoozel3
06-24-2008, 01:25 AM
But seeing Battles in a small venue like Doubledoor is too big of a draw for me.

Trick Loves The Kids
06-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Two things.

LEGALIZE IT,

and Malcolm I have a BIG HUG WITH YOUR NAME ON IT JUST WAITING FOR COACHELLA 2009 LET'S DO IT!!!!

suprefan
06-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Hugs and Drugs have been confirmed at coachella 2009, but are still illegal at Lolla...

DeepFriedSushi
12-14-2010, 01:58 PM
~~~