PDA

View Full Version : Countdown thread for Dani's Birthday

gaypalmsprings
06-09-2008, 07:56 AM
http://www.unlockreality.com/care2archivesd/disc37_files/ONE.gif
DAY

marooko
06-09-2008, 08:27 AM
10. 9. 8...hey, whats going on over there?

TomAz
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
HOW MANY NOW?

Wheres the beef?
06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
What about now?

gaypalmsprings
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
less than 3 hours....I hope someone posts at midnight

Blinken
06-09-2008, 09:36 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/4kycbpk.jpg

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Watch out, she'll delete the whole thread if you urge her to be wished a happy birthday too enthusiastically.

DANI DOESN'T GET TOLD WHAT TO DO, YA HEARD?!

full on idle
06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
you should stop now with that

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Ah fuck that shit, I'll take my lumps. I'm tired of her calling me a drug addict in a huff and storming out on the conversation every time there's a slight disagreement. It's not remotely fucking warranted, and getting pretty goddamn personally insulting.

full on idle
06-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Are you actually presuming liberty to call someone else insulting?

tessalasset
06-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Dani I hope you have a good morning tomorrow :)

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Are you actually presuming liberty to call someone else insulting?

Yes. Rarely ever are my insults actually just insults--they're jokes. When you close every argument by throwing the accusation of being a worthless drug addict in their face regardless of whether the subject being argued has even a remote connection to such an accusation ("drug addict" I don't mind so much except when it's meant to be a slur), well, yes.

My point is that there's a big difference between making a joke out of the negative aspects of one quality of a person and throwing one quality of a person in their face like it devalues their entire position. If my drug habits had anything to do with the issue then fine, okay. But literally every one of the last 8 or 9 disagreements I've had with Dani--during none of which did I insult any of her personal characteristics--she ended things by using it against me like my opinion couldn't matter. Like... I was a ****** or something. Now that's not fair.

=) See? Joke.

full on idle
06-09-2008, 10:37 PM
You're not making a strong case to me.

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 11:01 PM
How is it that you're having trouble following?

miscorrections
06-09-2008, 11:17 PM
I like how a thread about Dani quickly becomes a thread about Randy. And by like I mean I am bored by how predictable it is.

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Foi's fault, not mine. Also any birthday thread deserves to be derailed. But once again, it was Foi's doing.

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Seriously, isn't derailing a birthday thread a bannable offense? Get on it, mod, straighten Foi out already.

miscorrections
06-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Somewhere Elton John is singing 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight?'.

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm gonna pay for this tomorrow.

By which I mean when Dani wakes up and sees this thread, she's gonna come back to bed real uppity. Probably refuse to dress up and suspend all four-hour handjobs until further notice.

full on idle
06-09-2008, 11:36 PM
I didn't mean to. Pickings slim.

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Pickings Slim is my cousin actually--do you know him? He's from my mother's side, so there's no Wang blood in him. (you can tell, too)

miscorrections
06-09-2008, 11:38 PM
I feel you. Things been bad 'round here.

22 MINUTES

full on idle
06-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Pickings Slim is my cousin actually--do you know him? He's from my mother's side, so there's no Wang blood in him. (you can tell, too)

I laughed aloud.

I feel you. Things been bad 'round here.

22 MINUTES

word

RotationSlimWang
06-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Damn skippy you did. Wang blood boils with titular humor. The best Pickings can do is low-class malaprop schtick.

miscorrections
06-09-2008, 11:47 PM
The second sentence would make such a snappy headline.

BROKENDOLL
06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Yes. Rarely ever are my insults actually just insults--they're jokes. When you close every argument by throwing the accusation of being a worthless drug addict in their face regardless of whether the subject being argued has even a remote connection to such an accusation ("drug addict" I don't mind so much except when it's meant to be a slur), well, yes.

My point is that there's a big difference between making a joke out of the negative aspects of one quality of a person and throwing one quality of a person in their face like it devalues their entire position. If my drug habits had anything to do with the issue then fine, okay. But literally every one of the last 8 or 9 disagreements I've had with Dani--during none of which did I insult any of her personal characteristics--she ended things by using it against me like my opinion couldn't matter. Like... I was a ****** or something. Now that's not fair.

=) See? Joke. Why do I feel such a strong need to save this as future reference?

BROKENDOLL
06-10-2008, 12:04 AM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/birthday.jpg It's your birthday... Shine On You Crazy Diamond! From Brokendoll n' Suffacated

RotationSlimWang
06-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Wangs have a strong talent for sensationalist headline creation, always have. I remember when my legendary ancestor "Little" Dicky Wang was editor of a Sumerian tabloid called Alphabet Apathetic. He's rarely credited, but you'll probably be surprised to hear that he invented the journalistic aphorism "If it bleeds, it leads."

Of course it meant something a little different in that day, as ink usable for newsprint had not yet been invented. A truly dedicated tabloid man, Little Dicky inked the publication with his very own blood through a complex system of leeches stuck on the end of feather quills.

Little Dicky only lived to complete 1 and 3/4 copies of the debut issue of Alphabet Apathetic before dying of massive blood loss. That first headline, though, was a real powder keg. "Sumeria: World's First Civilization Or Just Another Big, Dirty Orgy?"

The rest of the page were doodles of proposed orgy, more of a hopeful suggestion than investigate journalism really.

Bud Luster
06-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Damn skippy you did. Wang blood boils with titular humor. The best Pickings can do is low-class malaprop schtick.

wait, did you just malaprop the word malaprop?

SFChrissy
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
bud...your crotch is killing me right now!!!

Bud Luster
06-10-2008, 02:53 PM
sorry, I lost all that weight and like to show it off...