PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think of my band: Repeater

Backwater
06-07-2008, 12:39 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2775672

I posted this link in a couple other threads but nobody commented so I figured I'd start my own. I figure most of you will like it because it's Coachella-esque music, shoegaze. I think Booruns will like us seeing as Pulp is one of our biggest influences.

I known I've made lots of jackass posts but 90% of the time I'm just messing with you guys, I never take this message board stuff seriously. However, I do take my band and my music very seriously so please, give me your honest opinions. If you like what you hear come see us at the Moscow or whenever we come closest to your area. We play in San Diego pretty often and San Francisco occasionally.

captncrzy
06-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm not going to get into details, but I've listened to the stuff you guys have posted and I'm digging it. If you come to Phoenix ever, post it in the Phoenix thread. I'd come see you guys.

bballarl
06-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Good stuff.

gaypalmsprings
06-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I think the vocalist is very talented. Is that you?

It kind of has an 80s sound, and a little laid back - enjoyable listening.

Backwater
06-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the compliments. No, I'm not the singer. I'm the drummer. I agree that Steve (our singer) is very talented. He's actually mildly autistic. Funny story actually; Cedric, the singer for Mars Volta said that he wishes he was half as good of a singer as Steve is. That's not saying a whole lot considering how the Mars Volta pretty much sucks these days but it's just kind of cool knowing that the singer for a very popular and successfull band is jealous of the talent of our singer. Those guys do tons of blow.

RotationSlimWang
06-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Is he the only autistic one in the band?

Backwater
06-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Of course he is, shut up. He's still probably smarter than you.

greghead
06-07-2008, 10:03 PM
I dig the tunes. Who's drumming? Your rhythm section is solid.

EDIT: maybe I should read the thread first. Nice work on the skins

bakersfield
06-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I like this a lot. Good job! Like captncrzy said, let us know when you come to PHX.