PDA

View Full Version : The Joan Jett Appreciation Thread

Yablonowitz
06-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I just downloaded "Bad Reputation" and "I Love Rock n' Roll" and feel really stupid about my former opinion of Ms. Jett as a lightweight, one-hit-wonder, shallow 80's throwaway artist.

She's up there with all the old school punks. Fucking MTV can really fuck with you.

SFChrissy
06-06-2008, 08:53 AM
She's one hot bad ass dyke!!! Girlfriend can definately break it down!!! I love her and how she sports her black leather!!!

miscorrections
06-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Wow!!!

rage patton
06-06-2008, 09:05 AM
My girlfriend is the biggest Joan Jett fan in the world. She actually told me she would leave me for Joan Jett if sher got the chance... and I told her I don't blame her. I saw Joan Jett twice in 2006 and damn! She kicks ass live. She even winked at me at one of her shows. She also give a hip thrust in my general direction... but I am pretty sure that was directed at my girlfriend.

chiapet
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Yablo, she has a lot of other good covers (Crimson & Clover, Do You Wanna Touch Me, Love is All Around, You Don't Own Me, Summertime Blues) another decent original song (I Hate Myself for Loving You), and a few decent songs on the Light of Day soundtrack (which she also starred in with Michael J Fox and which I lurv).

Joan is still looking pretty hot for a soon-to-be-50 year old too.

Yablonowitz
06-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Yablo, she has a lot of other good covers (Crimson & Clover, Do You Wanna Touch Me, Love is All Around, You Don't Own Me, Summertime Blues) another decent original song (I Hate Myself for Loving You), and a few decent songs on the Light of Day soundtrack (which she also starred in with Michael J Fox and which I lurv).

"You Don't Own Me" isn't her song? I'm willing to bet that her version is better than the original though.

Yeah, "Crimson and Clover" cover is also so very good.

chiapet
06-06-2008, 09:35 AM
"You Don't Own Me" is originally Lesley Gore! (Though I think I like the Blowmonkeys cover better than Joan, sorry to say). Joan covers a lot of 50s and 60s classics.

SFChrissy
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
she's playing somewhere small around here...

higgybaby23
06-06-2008, 10:38 AM
For more Joan Jett appreciation, check out The Runaways. This was Joan's band before she started playing with the Blackhearts. The Runaways also had Lita Ford in their lineup.

M Sparks
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
I really should go to the True Colors tour (Joan, Cyndi Lauper, B-52s and Andy Bell). But it's $50+

Bad Reputation is classic start to finish, everything else is spotty. But I do have a mix I made myself where she just kills for 78 minutes straight.

Even her last album- Sinner- has a few bright spots. She has a nice anti-Bush rant (Riddles), and 2 killer covers as usual...Androgynous by The Replacements, and AC/DC by Slade.

chiapet
06-06-2008, 10:40 AM
For more Joan Jett appreciation, check out The Runaways. This was Joan's band before she started playing with the Blackhearts. The Runaways also had Lita Ford in their lineup.

And Micki Steele!

M Sparks
06-06-2008, 10:42 AM

She's actually over 50...and smokin hot. Pretty sure she was born in '57.

M Sparks
06-06-2008, 10:44 AM

And Cherrie Currie! Can't remember the other girls name though.

If you want to NOT appreciate Joan Jett, try to sit through du-BEAT-E-O. (Not that it was her fault.)

M Sparks
06-06-2008, 10:44 AM
And Micki Steele!

Thanks (see above)

M Sparks
06-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Then
EQYWqYpoLPU

Now
yVlcAJFTPRo

Yablonowitz
06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
ZN39ERJzr_w

Mr.Nipples
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
she gives me a rude horn...

algunz
06-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I was an audience member when she filmed the video for Wayne's World 2. What a beautiful woman up close. Her skin is like vanilla milk.

M Sparks
06-07-2008, 08:59 AM
My girlfriend is the biggest Joan Jett fan in the world. She actually told me she would leave me for Joan Jett if sher got the chance... and I told her I don't blame her. I saw Joan Jett twice in 2006 and damn! She kicks ass live. She even winked at me at one of her shows. She also give a hip thrust in my general direction... but I am pretty sure that was directed at my girlfriend.

Your girl looks a little like Joan Jett. Is that genetic, or a careful fashion/makeup choice? :D

Yablonowitz
06-07-2008, 10:12 AM
she gives me a rude horn...

"Rude horn" is not in the Urban Dictionary. Please help out the old and non-urban.

roberto73
06-07-2008, 10:25 AM
When I was in elementary school, my school bus driver used to play "I Love Rock n' Roll" on 8-track. This was alongside "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers and "Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton, so forgive me if I find it difficult to join in your appreciation. Guilt by association and all that.

rage patton
06-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Your girl looks a little like Joan Jett. Is that genetic, or a careful fashion/makeup choice? :D

She probably wished it was genetic haha. Fashion/make up choice is more like it though. Joan Jett is definately an inspiration to her look.

Yablonowitz
06-07-2008, 12:11 PM
When I was in elementary school, my school bus driver used to play "I Love Rock n' Roll" on 8-track. This was alongside "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers and "Queen of Hearts" by Juice Newton, so forgive me if I find it difficult to join in your appreciation. Guilt by association and all that.

That's where I was until I actually listened to this stuff. MTV created a lot of guilt by association names.

Hell...Prince for one. David Bowie, too, for someone completely unfamiliar with Ziggy Stardust stuff.

PrettyRagdoll
06-07-2008, 01:03 PM
She's one hot bad ass dyke!!! Girlfriend can definately break it down!!! I love her and how she sports her black leather!!!

Joan Jett is fucking insanely hot! But yeah.. her music is good too.

gaypalmsprings
06-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Joan Jet performs everywhere....NASCAR, county fairs, and lots of Gay/Lesbian events. Coming to a town near you...

Yablonowitz
06-08-2008, 09:40 AM
5py_ZdO1i28

shotglass75
06-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I have been saying Joan Jett should be on the lineup for about 4 years now. I could see her rocking the Outdoor at like 5 or 6 on Saturday

fatbastard
06-08-2008, 10:16 AM
CAoXs4Veuog

Encaitare
06-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Joan used to rock the California Mid-State Fair on the free stage for a few years in a row...I went once and watched both her sets back to back, and holy god, I got a little bit more lesbian in those hours! She was wearing a see-through fishnet shirt, and let me just say that I wish my nipples still looked that good when I'm her age.

I was in the front row both shows, and the second time around she directed an sexual hand gesture at me, and it is one of the highlights of my life. :-)

gaypalmsprings
06-08-2008, 11:17 AM
She was wearing a see-through fishnet shirt, and let me just say that I wish my nipples still looked that good when I'm her age.
:-)

photos please

full on idle
06-10-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't really care if you think I'm strange I ain't gonna change

no no no no no no no

not me me me me me me me me

Yablonowitz
06-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Bad Reputation is classic start to finish, everything else is spotty. But I do have a mix I made myself where she just kills for 78 minutes straight.

I actually think "I Love Rock & Roll" is a better album than "Bad Reputation."

"Victim of Circumstance," "Bits and Pieces," "Love is Pain," "You're Too Possessive," and the absolutely ass kicking "Be Straight" are all awesome, not to mention the title track and "Crimson and Clover."

shotglass75
06-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Let's not forget her movie with Michael J. Fox "Light of Day" not only a great song but the movie also has Trent Reznor in a cameo that I am sure he wishes he never did.

6moN6zzVI08

Mr.Nipples
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
took them long enough...
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/Gibson-Guitar-Joan-Jett-Signature-Melody-Maker-Guitar.html

rage patton
06-11-2008, 12:35 PM
took them long enough...
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2008/Gibson-Guitar-Joan-Jett-Signature-Melody-Maker-Guitar.html

My girl is going to cream herself over that.

TomAz
06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
I just downloaded "Bad Reputation" and "I Love Rock n' Roll" and feel really stupid about my former opinion of Ms. Jett as a lightweight, one-hit-wonder, shallow 80's throwaway artist.

She's up there with all the old school punks. Fucking MTV can really fuck with you.

this makes me happy. Joan Jett is fucking awesome.

and she pretty much pre-dates MTV btw. by which I mean she was awesome before MTV got a hold of her and made her an 80s caricature.

Yablonowitz
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
this makes me happy. Joan Jett is fucking awesome.

and she pretty much pre-dates MTV btw. by which I mean she was awesome before MTV got a hold of her and made her an 80s caricature.

Right...that was my point!

shotglass75
11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Bzzzzzzzzzzzump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Goldenvoice, fucking make it happen already.

SoulDischarge
11-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Seriously, no "Cherry Bomb"?

7v3Mwi3_Clc

TallGuyCM
11-16-2011, 07:03 PM
She played with the Foo Fighters on Letterman last night, they played her song Bad Reputation. It was fantastic.

Premium Roast
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Runaways 'Waitin for the Night' album had three good songs...'Lil Sister', 'Gotta Get Out Tonight', and the title track.