PDA

View Full Version : High Sierra Set Times Revealed

Backwater
06-06-2008, 02:28 AM
High Sierra's set times were released earlier today and I can't complain about conflicts one bit. One of the many great things about this festival is that most bands play more than one set so if there ever is a conflict, chances are you're still going to see all your favorites play at least once throughout the weekend.

Buckethead motherfuckers!!! I'm so happy that he's conflicting with Bob Weir and his "I wish we were still the Grateful Dead" Ratdog. Nothing against Weir but Buckethead is probably the best guitarist alive on this planet, besides maybe Derek Trucks but he's definitely better than Prince which is saying a whole lot.

This is the most excited I've been for a festival in a LONG time. Who else is going? Is anybody upset about conflicts?

Sushov23
06-06-2008, 02:40 AM
WHAT THE FUCK?

MarkO
06-06-2008, 03:32 AM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Indeed.

BlackSwan
06-06-2008, 08:19 AM
:lool

...wait this IS a joke right?

SFChrissy
06-06-2008, 08:27 AM
I saw the poster the other day and would love to go to this but I'll be at the greek all weekend...that's a disappointing conflict for me!!!

gmoneyak
06-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm actually thinking about checking out one of the days of High Sierra this year, probably Sunday. This is pretty much the local music festival around here, it's about a 60 mile trip from my house, and I've never been to it.

Jakewc151
06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Whose playing the greek that weekend?

SFChrissy
06-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Thievery corporation with a hand full of other bands on friday & DCFC on saturday...

Backwater
06-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm actually thinking about checking out one of the days of High Sierra this year, probably Sunday. This is pretty much the local music festival around here, it's about a 60 mile trip from my house, and I've never been to it.

Why Sunday? That's by far the worst day. I'm leaving early Sunday. Thursday and the 4th of July are the best days. Franti and Spearhead closing it out?!?! No thanks on the fratboy reggae.

The first three posters in this thread apparantly don't know good music. You guys denying Buckethead's skills just shows your ignorance in music.

BlackSwan
06-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Thievery corporation with a hand full of other bands on friday & DCFC on saturday...

Thievery Corporation is the weekend of 6/20... High Sierra is July 4th weekend.

BlackSwan
06-06-2008, 04:56 PM
The first three posters in this thread apparantly don't know good music. You guys denying Buckethead's skills just shows your ignorance in music.

are you going to lecture on the benefits of patchouli as well?

Backwater
06-06-2008, 05:00 PM
are you going to lecture on the benefits of patchouli as well?

Ok, now that was a good one, I'll give you that. Like at last year's Bonnaroo when Tool first got on stage and Maynard said, "I smell patchouli . . . "

But perhaps you do need a lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaCErlW-3p8

BlackSwan
06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
i know who Buckethead is, but there is a trend within the hippy/jamband community in which they think that all of the musicians from their scene are the best of everything just because they play endless solos and 20 minute songs.

it's just not true.

you're easy to impress btw...

Mr.Nipples
06-06-2008, 05:15 PM
_t0s7o3NKUw&hl=en

Backwater
06-06-2008, 06:18 PM
i know who Buckethead is, but there is a trend within the hippy/jamband community in which they think that all of the musicians from their scene are the best of everything just because they play endless solos and 20 minute songs.

it's just not true.

you're easy to impress btw...

I completely agree but is being easy to impress a bad thing. It can't be worse than being a cynical asshole who doesn't have any friends.