PDA

View Full Version : I just finished my last assignment.

bmack86
06-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I've no longer got any direct work as a student at UCLA. I'm pretty much done with my undergraduate career. It feels strange.

algunz
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Are you going to Disneyland?

SFChrissy
06-05-2008, 12:26 PM
congratulations!!! what's next???

Blinken
06-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Congrats!!

TomAz
06-05-2008, 12:29 PM
congrats Bryan!

crank "Oh Yeah" up to the heavens!

bmack86
06-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Up next is getting a job and applying to Law school

RotationSlimWang
06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Up next is Fuck City--population Bmack.

samiksha
what have you been studying?

SFChrissy
has your resume been a working progress and have you already started to solicate yourself...

RotationSlimWang
Yes Bmack--have you started to solicate yourself?

bmack86
06-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I solicate daily.

I've been soliciting, yes, and I'm drafting a new resume as we speak/type.

algunz
06-05-2008, 12:37 PM
mmmm oooaaah, solicate

iv3rdawG
06-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Grats man.

algunz
06-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I almost feel sorry for you.

Are you gonna travel? Enjoy life a little before you dive into the big abyss?

luckyface
06-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Congrats. Come join the good guys over at USC. We have a solid law school.

Hannahrain
06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I cast my vote for the University of Oregon School of Law, but I might be just a little bit biased.

Hannahrain
06-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Actually, you would probably die from not going to enough shows.

RotationSlimWang
06-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Go to New York or Boston. This place sucks.

TomAz
06-05-2008, 12:53 PM
The mere fact that he'll be in law school means he won't be going to enough shows.

downingthief
06-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Sweet, Bryan. Congrats. Now...go get a job. :)

bmack86
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm actually looking into SC and U of Oregon, as well as schools in SF, Chicago, Boston and New York. I'll probably stay in Los Angeles.

My GPA and LSAT won't get me into Harvard or Yale, but almost anywhere else, so I'm looking for someone who will make me less poor through scholarships.

And, I'm not tired of LA. I love this town, for some reason.

algunz
06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Are you stoned? I would've probably got stoned.

When I was packing my dorm and taking out the last few bags before heading to the airport, I got really stoned for the last time in my lovely corner room on the 4th floor overlooking Broadway and 114th. I got out to the curb to get a cab and realized I had left my diploma behind in my now locked room. It took forever to get someone to open my room and subsequently I missed my plane. What a stoner.

Courtney
06-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Yay Bryan!

I vote that you go to whatever law school will give you the most money. Because all that really matters is numbers and summer internships anyway.

Courtney
06-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Or actually, maybe not. I just made that up. I know nothing about becoming a lawyer other than what I've overheard friends say.

luckyface
06-05-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm actually looking into SC and U of Oregon, as well as schools in SF, Chicago, Boston and New York. I'll probably stay in Los Angeles.

My GPA and LSAT won't get me into Harvard or Yale, but almost anywhere else, so I'm looking for someone who will make me less poor through scholarships.

And, I'm not tired of LA. I love this town, for some reason.

We could use you helping out at the activities office. They tend to get a lot of rap for the major school music events.

Courtney
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah. UCLA gets much better shows than USC. But it's bigger and maybe has a bigger events budget too?

Hannahrain
06-05-2008, 01:04 PM
If it becomes something you're actually considering, let me know and I will pro and con list Eugene for you.

algunz
06-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Go to New York or Boston. This place sucks.

I second this.

bmack86
06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah. UCLA gets much better shows than USC. But it's bigger and maybe has a bigger events budget too?

Our budget's not fantastic, but it's certainly nothing to squabble over. I would imagine one of the problems that USC has is that there are probably multiple groups, and that, quite possibly, they aren't officially connected to student government. The group I work for, and the one that Andrew is playing under tonight, is a SG funded group, and we're one of two groups to put on student run concerts on campus. Thus, we have some freedom. Also, we're full of hipsters with fairly good taste, so we get some good shows.

SFChrissy
06-05-2008, 01:08 PM
has your resume been a working progress and have you already started to solicate yourself...FUMBLE...my fingers must have had a momentary spasm...

Mr.Nipples
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
congrats!

TomAz
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
that happens with working progresses sometimes.

bmack86
06-05-2008, 01:13 PM
U of Chicago may very well be my top choice because I really liked Chicago every time I visited. NYU is great as well.

However, I plan on going into entertainment law, so that changes things. LA and San Francisco have the best programs, from what I've been able to find.

TomAz
06-05-2008, 01:18 PM
However, I plan on going into entertainment law, so that changes things. LA and San Francisco have the best programs, from what I've been able to find.

how can this be? most of the jews are in New York?

algunz
06-05-2008, 01:20 PM
That made me laugh.

The even better part was that I had spent the morning puking in plastic bags on mass transit as I headed downtown to get my passport. I had left it at a friends apartment after yet another night of lewd and debaucherous behavior. By the time I got on the plane heading for Amsterdam I was a mess.

BROKENDOLL
06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
When I was packing my dorm and taking out the last few bags before heading to the airport, I got really stoned for the last time in my lovely corner room on the 4th floor overlooking Broadway and 114th. I got out to the curb to get a cab and realized I had left my diploma behind in my now locked room. It took forever to get someone to open my room and subsequently I missed my plane. What a stoner. This so sounds like one of my moves in life! :)-

BROKENDOLL
06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x219/nievesrocha/getmehelp.jpg Congrats!

SFChrissy
06-05-2008, 03:20 PM
U of Chicago may very well be my top choice because I really liked Chicago every time I visited. NYU is great as well.

My friend works for the lawfirm that represents QOTSA here in SF.

Blinken
06-05-2008, 03:25 PM
It is so depressing when you get a real job, and are out of school. I am thinking of going into even more debt to take a full time masters program now.

luckyface
06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
It is so depressing when you get a real job, and are out of school. I am thinking of going into even more debt to take a full time masters program now.

It is and it isn't. I would have agreed with you for the first 2 years out of undergrad. After that it started getting awesome. Being back in school, I can't tell you how much I miss the days of not having to deal with homework and what not.

mountmccabe
06-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Congratulations, Bryan! It is awesome that you have a fantastic show tonight for celebrating.

Blinken
06-05-2008, 03:53 PM
That is true it is a grass is greener type thing. I did this a few years ago when i dropped out of college. Then once i went back i was in the mindset of fuck this shit I need to get out of here. Now i am thinking that about work again, it is a vicious cycle.

bmack86
06-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm nervous about it, but, through the concert booking that I've done here, I've met some people who have good contacts around LA, so that helps.

RotationSlimWang
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
School sucks sack--get the fuck out and never turn back.

sbessiso
06-05-2008, 04:50 PM

god i'd never thought i'd agree with you so much, but this statement is truth

algunz
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM

It just makes me so sad. Did you get molested by one of your teachers? High school yes, but college? Those were the fucking greatest days ever. If you disagree than you missed out. And I feel sorry for you.

miscorrections
06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey this thread was about Bryan's accomplishments. Let's all congratulate him, yeah?

miscorrections
06-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll start.

Congratulations, Bryan!

RotationSlimWang
06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess I just wasn't so keen on having to waste my time while paying 28,000 dollars a year to do so just so I could go to some frat parties with a bunch of dumb blonde whores with daddy issues and backwards baseball cap wearing fags when I'd just come from going to real parties that last til 8 AM in multi-million dollar clubs in NY where I could make a thousand dollars a night without lifting so much as a finger, get all the sex I cared for from actually grown women that knew how to use their orifices worth half a shit... oh, and nobody ever tried to fucking talk to me about some shitty sports teams, research papers, or whether or not the guy they think is cute is a "player" or not.

But you're right. Maybe I missed out on my childhood. It must have been lovely to be so easily amused by dimwits.

Jenniehoo
06-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I didn't party in college. I learned a career track and worked at a grocery store. But this isn't about me.

CONGRATS, BRIAN. That is an awesome feeling - you'll probably miss it a little and be surprised.

BROKENDOLL
06-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey this thread was about Bryan's accomplishments. Let's all congratulate him, yeah? http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r112/bluesdaddy/ththclappinghands.gif

I guess I just wasn't so keen on having to waste my time while paying 28,000 dollars a year to do so just so I could go to some frat parties with a bunch of dumb blonde whores with daddy issues and backwards baseball cap wearing fags when I'd just come from going to real parties that last til 8 AM in multi-million dollar clubs in NY where I could make a thousand dollars a night without lifting so much as a finger, get all the sex I cared for from actually grown women that knew how to use their orifices worth half a shit... oh, and nobody ever tried to fucking talk to me about some shitty sports teams, research papers, or whether or not the guy they think is cute is a "player" or not.

But you're right. Maybe I missed out on my childhood. It must have been lovely to be so easily amused by dimwits. I tried counting to 10 before doing this, really, I did...But, it appears to me that Bryan is well on his way to an awesome career while you're still dicking around with chicks that haven't even become women yet, thinking you're some kind of player, am I wrong? I mean, c'mon Randy, WTF? Give him a pat on the back for doing something his life! ASSHOLE!

algunz
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
. . . when I'd just come from going to real parties that last til 8 AM in multi-million dollar clubs in NY where I could make a thousand dollars a night without lifting so much as a finger, get all the sex I cared for from actually grown women that knew how to use their orifices worth half a shit... oh, and nobody ever tried to fucking talk to me about some shitty sports teams, research papers, or whether or not the guy they think is cute is a "player" or not.

Sounds pretty much like my college experience, except now I have a degree to go along with the memories.

Oh and Bryan, congratulations. I am sorry that my anecdotes might have detracted from your accomplishments.

PassiveTheory
06-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Congrats Bryan! I still have 3 years (2 years if I take more than 3 classes a quarter... which I will) to go. Good luck with your future law career, if you need any help getting work or w/e I have an uncle who lives in Northridge who might be able to help or at least get you connected with some people.

Hopeless Semantic
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Congrats on finishing, Bryan. Have fun wherever you may end up!

wmgaretjax
06-06-2008, 11:02 AM
I've no longer got any direct work as a student at UCLA. I'm pretty much done with my undergraduate career. It feels strange.

last day of class was today... I didn't go.

Two finals and a big project and I'm done.

bmack86
06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Nice. Nearly there