PDA

View Full Version : Board members who make music

corbo
06-04-2008, 10:41 PM
i know a couple of you here have your own bands.
post your myspace links here!

as for myself.. i've started writing some stuff lately.
check it out and tell me what you think.

im a n00b so be gentle with your criticism =p

http://www.myspace.com/thebluescorpion

PassiveTheory
06-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I think there's a topic for this but it's buried somewhere between the 50th and 67th page here in Off Topic...

Anyway, yeah, I don't have any recorded material from my prior bands. Cause they sucked.

Currently looking for a DJ partner though.

Pixiessp
06-04-2008, 11:40 PM
used to be in a band called Other Voices. we sucked pretty bad.

BlackSwan
06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
i have been in various bands since i was 14, been working on the the production/dj thing for a while

Currently looking for a DJ partner though.

like to do parties with or production?

PassiveTheory
06-05-2008, 12:14 AM

Parties first... Then production.

Alchemy
06-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I dabble with music for fun. (http://www.myspace.com/ilovetchem)

Backwater
06-05-2008, 01:05 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2775672

Most of you guys will probably like our stuff. We're shoegaze with coachella-esque influences like The Cure, Radiohead, Pulp, etc.

stuporfly
06-05-2008, 02:41 AM
I've got the old-school (http://www.myspace.com/flotightfunk), the ridiculously old-school (http://www.myspace.com/thepsychoticcircus) and the newer, but mostly just for fun (http://www.myspace.com/chekhovswig) up on MySpace. There's loads of stuff floating around out there.

I am but a lowly drummer, though.

ragingdave
06-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Some of this (http://www.myspace.com/sizenyc) is decent...

Trick Loves The Kids
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
I make music and DJ. I'm gonna try to get club gigs when I move to San Francisco but who knows.

Does anyone want to collaborate on a song? Like, I'll send you a drum track and you put vocals or guitars over it or something. Completely for fun, not serious, and we can send it to a bunch of board members for their own additions and post the result. Yes/no?

Parties first... Then production.

shoulda posted about this before, I DJ/produce and love playing parties but I'm leaving this town in a month and a half.

PassiveTheory
06-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I make music and DJ. I'm gonna try to get club gigs when I move to San Francisco but who knows.

Does anyone want to collaborate on a song? Like, I'll send you a drum track and you put vocals or guitars over it or something. Completely for fun, not serious, and we can send it to a bunch of board members for their own additions and post the result. Yes/no?

shoulda posted about this before, I DJ/produce and love playing parties but I'm leaving this town in a month and a half.

Don't worry about it, Trick; I still need to learn the ropes, turntable-wise. That's kinda what I plan to do this summer, by basically hi-jacking my sister's turntables and figuring out how to use them. It's going to be a weird transition from bass to DJ, but whatever.

Plus, I mean, I'll be back here next year, and SF is only a couple hours a way. We could make it happen.

corbo
06-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Does anyone want to collaborate on a song?

thats a great idea! post your beat up somewhere...we each do something with it... and combine everything at the end.

ragingdave
06-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Does anyone want to collaborate on a song?

I'm in.

BlackSwan
06-05-2008, 06:50 PM
i'm down.

RotationSlimWang
06-05-2008, 07:10 PM
One track I was working on with my homie that he just finished up. At the one minute mark, I don't give a fuck, this shit RULES. the voodoo - growing pains (http://www.zshare.net/audio/131865728237342d/)

Backwater
06-06-2008, 04:48 AM
Damn homie, really tho, you my man homie.

Trick Loves The Kids
06-06-2008, 01:10 PM
I made a beat, what format would you prefer? I can just make a big wav file with loops so you guys can arrange it on your own?

corbo
06-06-2008, 01:37 PM
wav file is good. post it up somewhere.

Trick Loves The Kids
06-08-2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.zshare.net/audio/13307375aa2eacb7/

it's not arranged in any special way. it's mostly 4-8 bar loops so you can chop it up however you want. 115 bpm.

Mr. Dylanja
06-17-2008, 04:30 PM
BUMP!

For all you guys that use a computer to make beats and what not, what type of soundcard do you use? Or do you use a USB?

I'm building a comp to hopefully use in some sort of production and could use some advice/input, from what I've heard the USB is the way to go.

Thx.

corbo
06-17-2008, 05:17 PM
has anyone started working on the beat Trick posted?
ive been pretty busy..but i'll see what i can do this weekend.

Dylanja.. i use a usb interface to record my stuff. dont really know if having a good soundcard would help with the quality of your recordings... one would think it would. altho i imagine a usb2.0 interface would be just as effective.
but dont take any advice from me..im no sound engineer and my recordings sound like crap.

jazzz
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
BUMP!

For all you guys that use a computer to make beats and what not, what type of soundcard do you use? Or do you use a USB?

I'm building a comp to hopefully use in some sort of production and could use some advice/input, from what I've heard the USB is the way to go.

Thx.

I use both... but you should be able to pick up a Smartmedia card by JAMedia from guitarcenter

dorkfish
06-17-2008, 05:56 PM
DJ YABLO

Young blood
06-17-2008, 06:00 PM
DJ YABLO!!! yes!

I heard he slays the entire dance floor.

BROKENDOLL
06-17-2008, 06:35 PM
One track I was working on with my homie that he just finished up. At the one minute mark, I don't give a fuck, this shit RULES. the voodoo - growing pains (http://www.zshare.net/audio/131865728237342d/) Nice. Growing pains, even at my age.

Mr. Dylanja
06-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I use both... but you should be able to pick up a Smartmedia card by JAMedia from guitarcenter

Thx Jazz, I was going to get the FastTrack Pro, should I get the Smartmedia instead? And should I get any sort of specific soundcard or will a standard one work fine?

Thx again...

jazzz
06-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Thx Jazz, I was going to get the FastTrack Pro, should I get the Smartmedia instead? And should I get any sort of specific soundcard or will a standard one work fine?

Thx again...

I never used FastTrack but SmartMedia works with just about every instruments memory. I use mine with Korg- Roland keyboards and samplers.

Sonicifyouwantit
06-18-2008, 06:21 PM
i have been in various bands since i was 14, been working on the the production/dj thing for a while

what is your avatar? Ive seen it before......

hawkingvsreeve
06-20-2008, 12:06 PM
So here is a song we finished mixing yesterday.

The band doesn't have a name yet, so I just put "And Castle" which is sort of an inside joke. Anyway. I play drums.

If you like it, tell your friends. If not, tell your enemies.

The Thief (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KXDL664)

PotVsKtl
06-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Check out my beats.

airguitarvet
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
myspace.com/specialtanks

hawkingvsreeve
07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I figured I would throw this in here.

I recorded a mix for fun the other day. There are some mistakes here and there as I am no pro and haven't been doing this for long, but I think it's listenable. Enjoy.

7.1.08 (http://www.zshare.net/audio/14561138ca37137e/)

1. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix)
2. LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum (Kris Menace Remix)
3. The Presets - This Boy's In Love
4. Goldenboy vs. Miss Kitten - Rippin Kittin (TV Rock Remix)
5. Cassie - Me & U (DJ Eli Remix)
6. LCD Project - Breathless
7 .The Faint - Glass Dance (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
8. Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler
9. Green Velvet - Shake and Pop
10. The Knife - Heartbeats (Rex The Dog Remix)
11. Yelle - A Cause De Garcons (Tepr Remix)
12. A-Trak - Say Whoa
13. Spoon Wizard - Shoe Monkey (Tom Real vs. The Rogue Element Remix)
14. Boys Noise - Oh! (A-Trak Remix)
15. Justice - Phantom Part 2 (Boys Noize Remix)

RT: 1:12

Mr. Dylanja
07-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm listening, stay in the lab buddy!

Pixiessp
07-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I figured I would throw this in here.

I recorded a mix for fun the other day. There are some mistakes here and there as I am no pro and haven't been doing this for long, but I think it's listenable. Enjoy.

7.1.08 (http://www.zshare.net/audio/14561138ca37137e/)

1. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix)
2. LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum (Kris Menace Remix)
3. The Presets - This Boy's In Love
4. Goldenboy vs. Miss Kitten - Rippin Kittin (TV Rock Remix)
5. Cassie - Me & U (DJ Eli Remix)
6. LCD Project - Breathless
7 .The Faint - Glass Dance (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
8. Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler
9. Green Velvet - Shake and Pop
10. The Knife - Heartbeats (Rex The Dog Remix)
11. Yelle - A Cause De Garcons (Tepr Remix)
12. A-Trak - Say Whoa
13. Spoon Wizard - Shoe Monkey (Tom Real vs. The Rogue Element Remix)
14. Boys Noise - Oh! (A-Trak Remix)
15. Justice - Phantom Part 2 (Boys Noize Remix)

RT: 1:12

sounds real good. I am enjoying this!

Mr. Dylanja
07-03-2008, 11:48 PM
What do you use to record?

hawkingvsreeve
07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Just straight out of my mixer into my laptop with garage band. Nothing fancy, but it works.

Pixiessp
07-04-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm still listening. nice!!

hawkingvsreeve
07-04-2008, 12:47 AM
That's always a good sign. Thanks for checking it out and for the support.

Stefinitely Maybe
07-04-2008, 01:43 AM
I make music.

A friend and I just finished working on some tracks, which are pretty different to the stuff I would normally do. Heavy guitars and beats.We don't have vocals yet though. I could post the instrumentals here, though, if anyone's interested.

Nice mix Brandon.

Stefinitely Maybe
07-04-2008, 06:34 AM
So here is a song we finished mixing yesterday.

The band doesn't have a name yet, so I just put "And Castle" which is sort of an inside joke. Anyway. I play drums.

If you like it, tell your friends. If not, tell your enemies.

The Thief (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KXDL664)

Hey, I just got done listening to this. I'm really impressed, and I'm not just saying that cause it's you.

I have some notes, and you can take them or leave them:

-The first five seconds remind me of "Can't Change Me" by Chris Cornell.
-Then when the keyboard comes in, it sounds a bit like a Coldplay intro
-Then when the drums kick in it really becomes a song of its own, and sounds good.
-The vocals slightly let the rest of the song down, I feel. The singer does not have a bad voice, it's just really unremarkable. It sounds like someone's uncle singing in the shower. Also he needs to be really careful not to sound like a singer doing an impression of another singer. That's the worst mistake a vocalist can make.
-The instrumental with clapping at 2:10 into the song is awesome.
-The only drum part I don't like is the three high-hats in a row when the singer sings "Cannot stay here" at 1:04, 1:08 and 1:12, and again when he sings "Falling again" at 1:40, 1:44 and 1:48. It just feels weak compared to the rest of the song.
-The ending suddenly sounds a bit like System Of A Down and I think that is partly because of the guitar sound but also partly because the singer veers dangerously close to doing an impression of Serj on a couple of occasions. Like I said, he should be away of that.
-Otherwise, it's a strong song, although there's a few times where it feels like it's building up to a really melodic singalong chorus which it never really delivers. Maybe that's intentional, maybe not. I dunno. Depends what type of band you are and what type of songs you want to write.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I really like it, and I want to hear more!

BROKENDOLL
07-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm still listening. nice!! So far, so good! Like it!

wmgaretjax
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
i'm at the hospital... waiting for the baby to be born. improvising with a DX7 emulation instrument that has full spectrum matrix control of a complex waveform FM instrument built in SuperCollider (look into, the shit is unreal supercollider.sourceforge.net).

The nurse yelled at me to use headphones.

It's only one instrument and all of the controls were done live (SuperCollider has the ability to record whatever sound you are sending out of the server, so it's like recording a live performance, no post). Fun stuff...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2U5FYO2

BlackSwan
07-07-2008, 12:16 PM
i'm at the hospital... waiting for the baby to be born. improvising with a DX7 emulation instrument that has full spectrum matrix control of a complex waveform FM instrument built in SuperCollider (look into, the shit is unreal supercollider.sourceforge.net).

wow.

amyzzz
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I hope all goes well with the birth, and congratulations! Life will never be the same.

wmgaretjax
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I hope all goes well with the birth, and congratulations! Life will never be the same.

yeah.... just playing the waiting game now.

I forgot to mention that the file is .aif so you'll need a program that plays that (VLC and Itunes both do).

PineapplePete
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM

It's only one instrument and all of the controls were done live (SuperCollider has the ability to record whatever sound you are sending out of the server, so it's like recording a live performance, no post). Fun stuff...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2U5FYO2

damn, thats some crazy sound. Are you just using subtractive synthesis? like running it through a filter? or is it granular? i just downloaded it but its all gibberish to me. i get this stuff when its laid out on a panel but working with a whole new language is challenging.

wmgaretjax
07-07-2008, 03:17 PM
damn, thats some crazy sound. Are you just using subtractive synthesis? like running it through a filter? or is it granular? i just downloaded it but its all gibberish to me. i get this stuff when its laid out on a panel but working with a whole new language is challenging.

It's simpler than that. It's additive synthesis.

Do you know what FM synthesis is? Basically the frequency of one signal is modulated with another. This is an instrument that has a matrix of modulations happening for 2-6 signals. So you can control really complex modulations that are interdependent. You can even make really complex beat patches if you want with an instrument like this. Most of what I did looks revolves around a primary signal that is punching through at 10-30hz, sub-hearing. It's modulated by a bunch of really slow signals that essentially add distinct rhythms (with uneven phases so you get prime interactions). Then the last signal in the matrix is a frequency that is audible (through most of that improv it hangs out at around 1200hz).

And when a signal is modulated with itself it introduces a lot of noise, I'm taking advantage of that a lot.

PineapplePete
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
ah, i see. ya, i get all that...its just a whole lot easier to see when using tangible hardware and patches rather than software. but i'm impressed at how much potential this has. really powerful stuff...is there a tone generator too or are you using a different program for that?

wmgaretjax
07-07-2008, 09:48 PM
ah, i see. ya, i get all that...its just a whole lot easier to see when using tangible hardware and patches rather than software. but i'm impressed at how much potential this has. really powerful stuff...is there a tone generator too or are you using a different program for that?

SuperCollider's core is a huge fuckload of bit level u gens. The generator used for that sample (which I literally threw together, it only scratches the surface of what you can do) is just a simple Sin Oscillator. There are noise generators, complex waveform generators, all kinds of filters, delays, everything in between.

Most ugens in supercollider have help files that include sample bits of code. There is a hotkey (apple shift D on macs) that will let you browse the different classes that contain help files. that sample code is the best way to start tweaking around.

I've used it for live processing as well. For live guitar effects, vocal stuff, and the like. It gets a lot trickier, but worth the pay off to have such low level control of every sound you want to make. There is a book that's a comprehensive guide book (that the creator, and others that are responsible for developing the core classes contributed to) coming out on MIT press later this year.

and you are right, hardware is way easier to tool around with. but if you've fucked around with much, and have a vague idea what's going on. the transition to software isn't as hard as you might think... Worth looking into if you have some uses for that kind of control.

bballarl
07-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I am going to be a dick and start a new thread as well, but I will post my band's first EP (essentially glorified demos) in here tomorrow.

Or now, because I won't be able to at work tomorrow.

Gigasize:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h122/bballarl/Front.jpg (http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=lhw1pbk6v6b)

Megaupload:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h122/bballarl/Front.jpg (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PJSQ9A1A)

sonofhal
07-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I make music.

A friend and I just finished working on some tracks, which are pretty different to the stuff I would normally do. Heavy guitars and beats.We don't have vocals yet though. I could post the instrumentals here, though, if anyone's interested.

Stef - Email me some stuff and i'll try laying some vocals down when i'm back in blighty next week.

Stefinitely Maybe
07-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Stef - Email me some stuff and i'll try laying some vocals down when i'm back in blighty next week.

Done. And I warned you it was heavy.

bballarl
07-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Internet collaboration is where it's at. Except you guys could collaborate in person, right?

PineapplePete
07-08-2008, 08:06 PM
SuperCollider's core is a huge fuckload of bit level u gens. The generator used for that sample (which I literally threw together, it only scratches the surface of what you can do) is just a simple Sin Oscillator. There are noise generators, complex waveform generators, all kinds of filters, delays, everything in between.

Most ugens in supercollider have help files that include sample bits of code. There is a hotkey (apple shift D on macs) that will let you browse the different classes that contain help files. that sample code is the best way to start tweaking around.

I've used it for live processing as well. For live guitar effects, vocal stuff, and the like. It gets a lot trickier, but worth the pay off to have such low level control of every sound you want to make. There is a book that's a comprehensive guide book (that the creator, and others that are responsible for developing the core classes contributed to) coming out on MIT press later this year.

and you are right, hardware is way easier to tool around with. but if you've fucked around with much, and have a vague idea what's going on. the transition to software isn't as hard as you might think... Worth looking into if you have some uses for that kind of control.

ya, this seemed so daunting at first...but then i realized that its just OOP. if you think about it that way, its really simple. its amazing how fast you can pick up on this

Stefinitely Maybe
07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Internet collaboration is where it's at. Except you guys could collaborate in person, right?

Yeah but collaborating in person is so last decade, dude.

In the future all music will be created by people who have never met each other before and just randomly jam and make sounds over each other's noises, like some giant orgasmic musical wankfest.

bballarl
07-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Intriguing.

BROKENDOLL
07-09-2008, 08:28 AM
It's simpler than that. It's additive synthesis.

Do you know what FM synthesis is? Basically the frequency of one signal is modulated with another. This is an instrument that has a matrix of modulations happening for 2-6 signals. So you can control really complex modulations that are interdependent. You can even make really complex beat patches if you want with an instrument like this. Most of what I did looks revolves around a primary signal that is punching through at 10-30hz, sub-hearing. It's modulated by a bunch of really slow signals that essentially add distinct rhythms (with uneven phases so you get prime interactions). Then the last signal in the matrix is a frequency that is audible (through most of that improv it hangs out at around 1200hz).

And when a signal is modulated with itself it introduces a lot of noise, I'm taking advantage of that a lot.Damn, if you think that's interesting, wait 'til you start hearing the sounds of a baby crying and having a tantrum! (Kidding.) BTW...Congrats again!

downingthief
07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I've been in a number of bands. Played in front of 20-30k people before, to playing to the bartenders/wait staff at a dive bar. Done the mini tour thing, riding in a cramped van with hung over bandmates, going from town to town. Sometimes playing 2 shows in one night at 2 different venues. Ahh, the memories...

I sincerely admire and respect all of you who are able to use technology to create. I'm just way too old school, I guess. Or, maybe I don't have the patience. I never used any processors for my guitar sound. Love the stomp pedals too much.

Some of my favorite work was in band called "47 Thieves". I'm still very proud of the songs I wrote in that band, even though they probably are a bit dated now (mid 90's). I'll have to load those up one these days.

Memorial_07
07-09-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd post mine, but i don't think punk is too welcome in this board

Courtney
07-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I'll have to load those up one these days.

Yesss. I would like to hear.

thinnerair
07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
I used to jam with these guys. We had a studio. We didn't play out, but once we did have people in our studio and played some of our songs, which were more like structured jams with some parts that repeated.
This is one of those "songs"

This was a while ago.

kTMu7yggs4c

rage patton
07-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I have a band. We like to play music. However, we havent properly recorded any music yet... just some recordings straight to my buddys computer... so I am reluctant to post the link here.

thewindowliquor
07-09-2008, 10:25 AM

yes it is.

Why would you even think that?

Memorial_07
07-09-2008, 11:32 AM
yes it is.

Why would you even think that?

my ideas for punk suggestions have been shot down a few times.

and my band plays old hardcore/punk.

and besides that, the recording quality sucks a bit

bballarl
07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Who cares dude, post your music.

wmgaretjax
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
ya, this seemed so daunting at first...but then i realized that its just OOP. if you think about it that way, its really simple. its amazing how fast you can pick up on this

totally. and even the language end of it, sclang, is easy to pick up on if you want to create your own classes rather than just interacting with other's stuff.

FYI, there is an awesome (albeit daunting) mailing list that you can check out here:
http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/880

PineapplePete
07-09-2008, 03:46 PM
totally. and even the language end of it, sclang, is easy to pick up on if you want to create your own classes rather than just interacting with other's stuff.

FYI, there is an awesome (albeit daunting) mailing list that you can check out here:
http://swiki.hfbk-hamburg.de:8888/MusicTechnology/880

Thanks, I'll look into that. I knew taking Intro to Java would pay off somehow.

Mr. Dylanja
07-09-2008, 04:11 PM

That's good thinking, punk sucks.

rage patton
08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, my band just got an offer to be on some sort of compilation CD that will be sold at major retailers as well as passed around to various record labels. I have been hesitant to place my bands myspace on the board because all the songs we have recorded are recorded on a mac in my friends basement. It was a few months ago as well, and a few of the songs have changes a bit. But I figure... why the hell not now. We are hopefully going into the studio soon to professionaly record our song "Out Of House And Home" for the compilation CD, and soon after we hope to record some sort of EP.

Anyways, without further ado... http://www.myspace.com/princesssays

cansei de ser sexme
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I recorded a CD of covers for my girlfriend in the 8th grade and then my laptop crashed and i lost it all and she wouldnt give it back. It was awful though.

hawkingvsreeve
11-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Ok, Ken.

cansei de ser sexme
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
wow i didnt realize how old this was. my bad. I found it through a search.

iGz89
11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
im a n00b so be gentle with your criticism =p

http://www.myspace.com/thebluescorpion

"Drowned Out" kinda sounds like it could easily fit in The Pillow's "Last Dinosaur".

lTM_Me312S4

Not that it's a bad thing. It's actually awesome that it does! You have some nice chill beats and sounds. I like Tazumal Interstellar Voyage. The production just needs some cleaning up.

TallGuyCM
11-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm currently recording some music under the name Statutory Ape, album art will look something like this:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/jane_chimp.jpg

hawkingvsreeve
04-27-2010, 03:02 PM
I put this up on facebook, but if we arent friends there, here is this.

A friend and I messing around in his studio. This was one of our songs when we played together a year ago or so. Rock n roll.

KgDYYIygsAc

BlackSwan
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm currently recording some music under the name Statutory Ape, album art will look something like this:

Can my band, Vulcan Death Strip, open for you guys sometime? We have a hot lead singer.

hawkingvsreeve
04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Can my band The Nymphants play as well?

It's basically me on drums with a really sexy childrens choir.

fancy restaurant
04-27-2010, 04:03 PM
HOT JAMS:

http://mikejonesaudio.com/Jones_Tester_11_1_09.mp3

http://mikejonesaudio.com/Look_Out_2.mp3

I made these with my homie, Mike Jones. (Not the rapper.)

One of them has a pretty obvious CCR sample. The other has a less obvious Beach Boys sample.

msklvr
04-27-2010, 04:25 PM
There's a lot of decent to awesome music in this thread! Wow!

I'll play.

Here's my band from 3 years ago. I'm on guitar/vox/keys. Yes, sometimes all at the same time.

www.myspace.com/pushermusic

corbo
02-27-2011, 09:40 PM
i've been fucking around with my recording equipment.

PuAXFxcyDFU

DjWm1OrIW-A

zircona1
03-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I recommend "Kelly" and "Your Balcony".

"Zircona is the one-man project of Eric C., which was begun in 2005. Zircona plays rock and pop. In 2005, Zircona released their first full-length LP, Juggling Several Sharp Objects on Fire. That same year, they released the EP Whoops, Hit A Sandbar, a collection of alternate takes and unreleased tracks. This year, Zircona released the EP Lyrics For Survival."

www.myspace.com/houseofzircona

zircona.bandcamp.com

cabayza
03-02-2011, 12:26 PM
www.myspace.com/inyourdreams247

I sneak some of these tracks into the mix whenever I dj around Los Angeles.

Sometimes its a good Idea and sometimes a bad idea. lol

PineapplePete
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
i make music

http://soundcloud.com/wednesdaymusic/letter-to-no-one

fredbull
03-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I also make some music..... some house.... some dubstep.... its ok i guess unless you don't like the genres, then its probably terrible....
either way i can always take some suggestions/judgement, or am up for colaborating with other people in hopes of making better music.

http://soundcloud.com/fredbull

http://soundcloud.com/thediscotechs

The only thing people seem to like is my korn remix jajaja but then again some people hate it

CoachellaBlood
03-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I play drums in this band:

silverwar.bandcamp.com

PassiveTheory
03-02-2011, 11:55 PM
I used to make music. Now I don't. Those were the days...

PineapplePete
03-03-2011, 02:29 AM
passive you go to ucsc right? i think i've seen pictures of you with a friend of mine jessica...

ryanliamg
03-20-2011, 10:27 AM
i have a few tracks on soundcloud. i'd love feedback. except if you think it stinks. then i'd probably just cry.
www.soundcloud.com/rayncloud

darkjustice
03-20-2011, 11:07 AM
http://snd.sc/fxNVOf

frozen pilgrim
03-20-2011, 11:26 AM
been sticking exclusively to mixing these days, largely because it's what seems to get me booked. this is my new blog, just in it's infancy:

http://memrxhome.blogspot.com/

and this is the last thing I uploaded:

"february is gone"

http://www.mediafire.com/?94u6r7mbmd0cb83

apex #12, apex #10, intro - gorillaz
rocket fuel - liquid stranger
da cali anthem - rusko
swagga - excision & datsik (downlink remix)
hiero - flinch
i need air - magnetic man
hello - ac slater
night by night - chromeo (skream remix)
badma sound - doctor p
bulletproof - la roux (foamo remix)
scanners - jakes
doncamatic - gorillaz ft. daley (joker remix)
intermission - the offspring
apex #1 - gorillaz
warp 1.9 - bloody beetroots ft. steve aoki
undertaker (original mix) - wolfgang gartner
bad selection - deadmau5
prepare to fight! - reset!
bad boy - bebop
show me love - robin s vs laidback luke (high contrast remix)
printer jam - mistabishi
destroy him my robots - liquid stranger
kaleidoscope - tiesto (high contrast remix)
bed intruder - antoine dodson/gregory brothers (ross d remix)

darkjustice
03-21-2011, 12:42 PM
^^^^^^tight

ryanliamg
03-26-2011, 02:05 PM
i put up a new song. well, just a demo of a song i'm working on.
http://soundcloud.com/rayncloud/bfg

Alchemy
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
This is the latest thing I've done:

http://bandcamp.com/files/37/48/3748613850-1.jpg (http://tchem.bandcamp.com/album/farewell-ghosts)

ryanliamg
03-28-2011, 05:26 PM
i mostly enjoyed that. i didn't like the title track. i wish i knew how to do stuff like that!

keith
03-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Hello. We have some songs uploaded on Facebook and some videos up from our recent show on March 18th on YouTube. Check them out if you'd like.

Facebook- www.facebook.com/purplemountainsmajesties
YouTube- www.youtube.com/user/pmmPresents

Danny
03-31-2011, 03:28 AM
I make videos for people who make music. This last band ive just done a shoot for a very very good, can see them making waves over here: http://youtu.be/CAI_qeUgaSw?hd=1

york707
03-31-2011, 06:16 AM
I've posted these all in various other places, but I guess this is really the appropriate thread.

This is the band I am in, The Dive Poets:
The Dive Poets
http://thedivepoets.bandcamp.com/

I also do this stuff by myself; it's instrumental synthy pop stuff:
Sappy
http://sappy.bandcamp.com/

And this is stuff that I recorded as demos for nothing in particular between 2003 and 2007:
Supergoat
http://www.myspace.com/supergoat

And this is a band I was in 2007 or 2008 (it's more of a collective):
My Music Atlas
http://mymusicatlas.bandcamp.com/

Alchemy
03-31-2011, 02:46 PM
i mostly enjoyed that. i didn't like the title track. i wish i knew how to do stuff like that!

Thanks! I do feel like the title track needs some work.

BlackSwan
04-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I haven't written any new music in 2 years. It is unfortunate.

xanman86
05-17-2011, 07:53 AM
My homie's (rkawar on this board) band just released their EP on the net for free, check it out. Feedback would be much appreciated.

http://music.bellthieves.com/album/real-fun

corbo
05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
DojzZQgnAzI
my friends making music
i helped shoot this vid - the lacma scenes

AlecEiffel
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
When I was younger and thinnner and had the whole world before me.

IVKmfrUIfOY

ods..
05-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Just finished this Minimal track http://soundcloud.com/ods/experience

JoshTheBoyd
05-30-2011, 12:12 AM
mo6feDZNgxc

meowlouder
05-30-2011, 07:53 AM
When I was younger and thinnner and had the whole world before me.

That's not depressing at all

AlecEiffel
06-01-2011, 03:08 PM
well, it's true.

corbo
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
bho9pAQXj9Q

Hey guys, i shot this music video in downtown LA. Check it out. also i you like the music check out moonblazers.com

hawkingvsreeve
10-01-2011, 01:44 AM
6WXXsTLKyEM

This is still in its infancy, but it's something.

ficklecycle
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I just finished up my album. Check it out.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu0bf0DGwm1qzut5yo1_500.jpg

http://goldla.bandcamp.com/album/gold

ficklecycle
11-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Anyone wanna tell me what they think of this?

http://soundcloud.com/goldla/gold

kitt kat
11-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Oh, hey. Here's the band I've been in for the past 6-8 months. We play LA quite frequently.

http://facebook.com/theelectraLA

stuporfly
03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
I put this up on facebook, but if we arent friends there, here is this.

A friend and I messing around in his studio. This was one of our songs when we played together a year ago or so. Rock n roll.

KgDYYIygsAc

Rather like this one a lot.

york707
05-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Here's my latest under the name "Sappy": http://sappy.bandcamp.com/

RedHotSgtPeppers
05-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Here is my old band that I was in when I was in high school. We made an album in 2006 all by ourselves, and got 2 songs on the radio.

Our best song is called the Roxbury. Before any criticism, remember that I made this in high school, 5-7 years ago. Btw, I played bass guitar.

http://www.myspace.com/walkingseven

ethanriver7
06-11-2012, 12:51 PM
My band, Nostalgic People, and I just released our first EP last week called "It's All Still Here"

You can listen to it or download it for free (why the hell not) at www.nostalgicpeople.bandcamp.com or www.facebook.com/nostalgicpeople

We're from San Diego and we're all juniors in high school. I play guitar. We've been working on this for quite a while, feedback would be nice!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
06-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Color me impressed! This is a rather good ep, and extremely mature for a bunch of 17 year olds! It's good regardless of your ages. "A Boy Like You" is a fantastic song.

ethanriver7
06-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey thanks man! A lot of work and effort was put into it so it's much appreciated.

hawkingvsreeve
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Golden Track is still around?

ethanriver7
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Haha yes, awesome studio.

hawkingvsreeve
06-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd argue otherwise, but probably due to who the engineer was.

malcolmjamalawesome
06-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Now taking any and all recommendations on MIDI Controllers and/or Drum Pads. Thank you.

sonofhal
06-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Anyone want to play Iceland Airwaves?

http://www.reyka.com/airwaves

ficklecycle
06-22-2012, 09:36 AM
So, my band is doing our first show tomorrow at a tiny cafe in Echo Park...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5wt8wH0m01qag57co1_500.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/events/296605387089961/)

Come on down if ya can.

Grandma
06-22-2012, 02:37 PM
i started recording a record

ficklecycle
06-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Just finished up our demo...

http://atlasgold.bandcamp.com/

There's another show as well...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m67pljSmg61qzut5yo1_500.jpg

SoulDischarge
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Someone I care about a lot just put out an EP and I figured this would be the best place to indulge in a little spamming even though it's not my music. It's prog metal. http://moirae.bandcamp.com/

frozen pilgrim
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Anyone want to play Iceland Airwaves?

http://www.reyka.com/airwaves

what's this?
icelandic internet radio? I'm in

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
It's a pretty big music festival.

k9000
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
hi everyone, this is the band that i've been playing guitar with for what feels like forever. female fronted indie-rock kind of stuff. trying to play in los angeles and break into the whole "scene". playing in long beach tonight. check us out if you want to.

mymachetemusic.bandcamp.com
www.facebook.com/mymachetemusic

prickly
07-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Does anybody who plays music want to play tonight in downey? Or know anyone who can? HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!

ficklecycle
08-05-2012, 07:59 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8bemu6olz1qzut5yo1_500.jpg

Here's a tape I did with a rapper from LA by the name of Ale-Jhay. All the productions are mine.

It is now available for FREE download at the following websites:

http://goldla.bandcamp.com/
http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=380737

Check it out!

zircona1
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
http://f.bandcamp.com/z/36/54/3654344184-1.jpg

Zircona has just released its second full-length album, Ideal Fears. I wrote the songs and played all the instruments (except the bass). Recommended if you like Warren Zevon, Beck, R.E.M., Springsteen, some people have said I kind of sound like Ben Folds (I guess...). Anyway, you can download it for free at:

http://zircona.bandcamp.com

01 This is Not Good
02 Lost in the City
03 Napalm Pie
04 Miss Fortune
05 Shopping For Bibles
06 Heart of Formica
07 Snuff Film
08 Dark Side of Town

york707
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I put this in another thread, but this thread is probably more appropriate.

My band recorded a Christmas song called "Christmas Ain't Never". We recorded it live in the studio of KDHX, a great radio station in St. Louis. No overdubs.

Here it is on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/#kdhx/the-dive-poets-christmas-aint-never

york707
12-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Eric - i like the rocking-er songs a lot. You should get a band together to play these songs if you haven't already.

zircona1
12-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Eric - i like the rocking-er songs a lot. You should get a band together to play these songs if you haven't already.

Thanks! I have tried to get a band together in the past, but nothing has happened yet. I might be moving to another state early next year so I'm not sure if I want to start looking for one right now.

Your song was cool too, had a nice laid-back country vibe. Are you the lead singer? His voice reminded me a bit of Evan Dando.

york707
12-20-2012, 06:46 AM
thanks - i play bass, but it's funny you should say that as our singer is a big Dando fan.

Y0UNGBL00D
02-26-2013, 10:57 AM
here's mine. i play guitar.
www.reverbnation.com/robocougar

adrienneleasah
02-26-2013, 12:14 PM
check out my tunes yo www.adrienneleasa.com

FEELS
02-26-2013, 12:52 PM
I have no talent with any instrument but I've been writing a lot of stuff lately and I'm pretty stoked about it

Y0UNGBL00D
02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
writing as in lyrics? or just mental melodies?

FEELS
02-26-2013, 01:04 PM
writing as in lyrics? or just mental melodies?

lyrics

Y0UNGBL00D
02-26-2013, 01:09 PM
i have no problem writing lyrics, but writing vocal melodies comes hard to me for some reason. finding a voice too. how the hell do you know what you're supposed to sing like, if you can sing so many different ways, you know?

FEELS
02-26-2013, 01:20 PM
i have no problem writing lyrics, but writing vocal melodies comes hard to me for some reason. finding a voice too. how the hell do you know what you're supposed to sing like, if you can sing so many different ways, you know?

same here! every time i try to think of a melody I can't help but just think of all the songs/melodies I know, and I don't wanna copy anyone aha. yeah that's hard as well, guess it all depends on what kind of sound you're going for.

TimeTravellingToaster
02-26-2013, 03:42 PM
http://youtu.be/JslXliNn9oM

eddiebrock
02-27-2013, 01:25 AM
https://soundcloud.com/yup-yeezy/bird-on-a-wire-james-anthony-x

I'm the second rapper/singer.

Havent rapped seriously in a few years, but contemplating making a coachella inspired mixtape sampling songs from artists featured on the lineup, and passing out free demos around the campsite just for feedback.

Still a work in progress.

grind
02-27-2013, 11:18 AM
I'm still working on production and stuff, haven't really made any full songs in a while. But I have a soundcloud with tons of stuff on there. People seem to like this one ok: https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/tribal-leader-bigger-and

Oh and here's a quick mix I did of a bunch of songs I made (for some reason it was getting passed around pretty heavily for a while so it did ok on soundcloud), and just layered some lyrics over the top to switch it up. These are all some of the first songs I ever made, so it makes me cringe just a little bit haha: https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/tribal-leader-tribal-leader

Y0UNGBL00D
02-27-2013, 02:30 PM
same here! every time i try to think of a melody I can't help but just think of all the songs/melodies I know, and I don't wanna copy anyone aha. yeah that's hard as well, guess it all depends on what kind of sound you're going for.

exactly.

algunz
02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
:lool WRITERS :pulse

vulcandeathgrip
02-28-2013, 02:06 AM

I have this problem too and I think it's reasonably common. I write most of our lyrics but absolutely suck at coming up with a decent melody. I have a feeling that is one of those "have or don't" situations ( that's what I tell myself ). Thankfully our singer is a jet when it comes to making my words fit our music.

Zafocaine
02-28-2013, 02:16 AM
Just jam. Melodies are natural.

TimeTravellingToaster
03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
My Singles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWjW5BCyIww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scFr1FCInTg

https://soundcloud.com/timetravellingtoaster/

TimeTravellingToaster
03-19-2013, 07:10 AM
Greetings.

So STV1 was a success and is still buzzing the nets. Now, travel even further this time a little darker with SPACE TOAST VOL. 2. Download it and listen to it for free below. Enjoy. The new sensation in experimental/trip hop. Download it on my blog.

SPACE TOAST VOL. 2

G4JsRxMJ1I0

chairmenmeow47
03-26-2013, 06:48 PM
any brass experts out there? wasn't getting any air out of my trumpet. tried cleaning it, and the little piece in red came out of the tube in purple. is this something i can fix on my own, or do i need to take it in? i have no idea how to search for help on this, so any advice is appreciated. thanks :)

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549928_619485438066441_743994800_n.jpg

GnarVee
03-26-2013, 07:23 PM
my soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/gurbtron

Thanks!

footixy
05-14-2013, 10:40 AM
http://www.teenageengineering.com/products/oplab

Will it be worth it?

I made the plunge on the op-1 and been pretty impressed by its flexibility

Though for some odd reason I feel guilty using it

cansei de ser sexme
05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
http://sisterspacey.bandcamp.com/

Here's a song I wrote.

york707
05-28-2013, 07:16 AM
http://sappy.bandcamp.com/album/the-ice-transmissions

It is a collection of songs that didn't make it onto earlier albums, due to them not really fitting in with the feel or flow of those albums plus a handful of new songs. When I looked at all of them together, they seemed to make a relatively cohesive whole. Free download at Bandcamp, as always.

york707
06-17-2013, 09:58 AM
So my main music thing is playing bass in a band called The Dive Poets. Here's a song from our upcoming album (click on the image):

http://f0.bcbits.com/img/a4180804877_10.jpg
(http://thedivepoets.bandcamp.com/track/idaho-2)

Iamwelting
06-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't make music per se, but I do DJ on a local radio station. I've got some shows up on mixcloud if you're bored and need something to listen to.

http://www.mixcloud.com/welting1/

darkjustice
06-23-2013, 11:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4rFisQrUlU&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLcCgOznnQ4pM

darkjustice
06-23-2013, 11:49 PM
I don't make music per se, but I do DJ on a local radio station. I've got some shows up on mixcloud if you're bored and need something to listen to.

http://www.mixcloud.com/welting1/

cool

york707
06-25-2013, 05:37 AM
This album has taken something like 2.5 years to make, as we all kept getting married and having kids and whatnot. We are pretty proud of it. RIYL: Slobberbone/Old 97s/Jason Isbell/Lemonheads/Ryan Adams/Bottle Rockets/etc

Married To Your Ghost (click on the image)
http://f0.bcbits.com/img/a3222411847_2.jpg
(http://thedivepoets.bandcamp.com/album/married-to-your-ghost)

TimeTravellingToaster
06-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Greetings all.

Here is my debut EP, "Color Spacesound Turbulence (http://thetoastedtravels.blogspot.com/p/color-space-sound.html)":

KW3DtHjat8g

Download (http://bandcamp.com/download?id=3351185212&ts=1371621308.3784545436&tsig=3e9134000cfe501ab15275e7db4b84cb&type=album)

hawkingvsreeve
06-27-2013, 12:41 PM
This album has taken something like 2.5 years to make, as we all kept getting married and having kids and whatnot. We are pretty proud of it. RIYL: Slobberbone/Old 97s/Jason Isbell/Lemonheads/Ryan Adams/Bottle Rockets/etc

This sounds great. Super clean. I'd like more snare drum, but hey, I'm biased.

amandabomb
07-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey guys! Thought I would post this here, as it seems like a pretty appropriate thread. So I run this music discovery app called Band of the Day (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/band-of-the-day/id459664402?mt=8) (basic gist: like an advent calendar, but one new band featured every day instead of delicious pieces of chocolate), and for the entire month of July we're taking user submissions through ReverbNation. We're going to pick just one band to feature sometime in the month of September, so I wanted to extend it to you guys as, well, there's some pretty rad music being shared in this thread. :)

Here's (https://www.reverbnation.com/c/submission/create_cpo_submission?campaign_id=2044&in_preview_mode=true) the link to submit. Good luck, and looking forward to listening through!

york707
09-03-2013, 10:08 AM
New song

(click on the image)
http://f0.bcbits.com/img/a4203771872_2.jpg
(http://sappy.bandcamp.com/track/blue-blood-moon)

grind
09-22-2013, 01:38 PM
EDIT - 3/2/14 Here are some new tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/tribal-leader-running-off-a

https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/the-stalter-brothers-flowers

https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/hackingthemainframe

OP:

Here's a quick mix I made of a few new songs that I've been working on. The recording isn't the best, but I work with what I have at the moment, which isn't much :) Mostly heavy synth dance stuff etc.

https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/tribal-leader-mix-2013

PS. I love listening to all of your guys' music!

mikey1313666
09-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Allo!

I do a bit of producing and I actually got to play at Coachella on the Energy Factory Stage in 2011 on Sunday night. I've also been fortunate enough to open for people like Carnage, Inspector Dubplate, 6blocc, Getter, Ean Golden, and Dark Elixir.

You might have seen some Coachella mixes I've thrown together, but you can listen to and download most of my original tunes and remixes here on my Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3

Bunglefubly
10-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Hi,
Just uploaded a few videos on youtube. Please take a listen.

http://youtu.be/5GyvHQXKDOw

Bunglefubly
10-15-2013, 01:27 AM
http://youtu.be/a3QJ7qhToHE

bug on your lip
10-16-2013, 09:35 AM

man, really enjoyed this !!

TomAz
10-16-2013, 09:42 AM
bug you told me you hated the Bottle Rockets.

york707
10-16-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks Bug.

Devin the Dude
10-29-2013, 03:51 AM
Demo E.P. out Spring 14. You care.

york707
11-14-2013, 10:10 AM
For Bug: http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2013-11-14/music/the-bottle-rockets-bloodshot-records-reissue-rerelease/

ficklecycle
12-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Just put this up on our Bandcamp. Hope you guys dig it.

http://legionofdoomclctv.bandcamp.com/album/phantom

york707
01-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Here's a new 2-song EP.

(click on the image)
http://f0.bcbits.com/img/a2242038122_2.jpg
(http://sappy.bandcamp.com/album/the-new-ways-ep)

york707
02-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Here's a yet another new 2-song EP.

(click on the image)
https://f0.bcbits.com/img/a3358613948_2.jpg
(https://sappy.bandcamp.com/album/i-would-be-a-liar)

The Universe
02-23-2014, 04:17 PM
https://soundcloud.com/theuniverse_0101/digital-age-the-universe-feat

Lemme know what You think. I'm vocals and my homie made the instrumental

GeoffreyB
02-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey everybody!

Anyone into Math Rock? If you so, check out my buddies band.
Hands down one of the best drummers I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zqaz8U7qAw

phonographer
02-24-2014, 11:49 PM
My pals and I just came out with a single along with a music video.

Let me know what ya think! -Hello Penelope (http://gkissrecords.com/hellopenelope.html)

_vwlwazBy1E

grind
03-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Made a few rough recordings of some new tracks I've been playing lately:

https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/the-stalter-brothers-flowers

https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/tribal-leader-running-off-a

https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/hackingthemainframe

MrKite
05-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Here's a track I've been working on. I'd really appreciate some feedback!

https://soundcloud.com/articulatemusic-1

hawkingvsreeve
06-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Hey hey. It's been a while since I've had anything to share, so here is my current group. It's essentially 40 years too late, but we like it.

You can listen here. (http://bighornrun.bandcamp.com/releases)

Edit:

Oh and Hannah did the artwork! She so good at art stuffs.

zircona1
06-29-2014, 10:56 AM
What are some good (preferably free) programs for a PC where you can record music? Not like Protools-level, just something pretty basic that gets decent quality sound.

AlecEiffel
06-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Audacity is pretty good. It has its annoying quirks, but it's the best free program as far as I know.

york707
07-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Nice Brandon! Trying to figure out which crotch is yours...

hawkingvsreeve
07-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Middle crotch. You know our bands could totally be on the same tour. Similar vibe.

AeroplaneJunkie
07-09-2014, 10:22 PM
been waiting to have something to post in this thread.

my band Locas' debut EP, free download -- http://locas.bandcamp.com/

garage rock / fuzzed out / emo

york707
07-23-2014, 05:40 AM
A new 5-song EP from me:

(click on the image)
https://f0.bcbits.com/img/a1102739590_2.jpg
(https://sappy.bandcamp.com/album/dripping-with-enthusiasm)

york707
08-17-2014, 07:31 PM
(click on the image)
https://f1.bcbits.com/img/a0541188519_2.jpg
(https://sappy.bandcamp.com/album/electric-skull-bypass)

AtticusGrinch
08-17-2014, 08:50 PM
My pals and I just came out with a single along with a music video.

Let me know what ya think! -Hello Penelope (http://gkissrecords.com/hellopenelope.html)

_vwlwazBy1E

Why did I just spend 3 minutes staring at strangers' crotches?

AtticusGrinch
08-17-2014, 08:57 PM
(click on the image)
https://f1.bcbits.com/img/a0541188519_2.jpg
(https://sappy.bandcamp.com/album/electric-skull-bypass)

This is not alt-country?

guedita
08-17-2014, 09:09 PM
I was surprised that york's music isn't alt-country as well! "Battle Surprise" is enjoyably ethereal.

And Brandon, really dig your band.

darkjustice
08-17-2014, 10:06 PM
https://soundcloud.com/shoesize-1

york707
08-18-2014, 06:36 AM
I am a man of many tastes. I have always struggled with how to identify the genre of my Sappy stuff. I kind of make the music a like and then I will hear something that sounds like it is a of a similar vein and say "oh hey" I guess it's kind of like that thing/band/artist/style. And I can do my Sappy stuff with headphones on and not wake the kids, so I have been doing that a lot more recently.

darkjustice
08-21-2014, 12:18 AM
https://soundcloud.com/darkjustice

grind
08-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Made a few new tunes, on the harder side of dance music if anyone is in to that sort of thing: https://soundcloud.com/tribal-leader/sets/rise