PDA

View Full Version : Where have you been in the world and where do u want to go? (Not including the U.S.)

unitedwestand
06-02-2008, 05:58 PM
so these are both places that you've been to and places you want to go to in the world (NOT the US)...
Here are mine:
Costa Rica (Everywhere)
South Africa, Zimbambwe and Swaziland (Capetown, Victoria Falls, Indian Ocean...)
Canada (British Columbia, Vancouver, & Victoria, Montreal, Niagara Falls, and Quebec)

Where I want to go-
1) Venice, Italy
2) Nepal
3) Anywhere in South America
4) Egypt
5) Iceland
6) Switzerland
7) Rome, Italy
8) London
9) Some tropical Island Resort

How about You?
Pictures are welcome!

KatieLyn
06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Where I've been: Pretty much no where. North Dakota and Arizona and Oregon hardly count.

Where I want to go: India, Ireland, Kenya, Paris, England, Iceland.

Young blood
06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
the moon.

gaypalmsprings
06-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I've been to Uranus.

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
1) Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Thailand
2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3)Tokyo and Osaka, Japan
4) Hong Kong prior to the changeoveer
5) Seoul, Korea
6) Singapore
7) Mexico

That's about it for me.

cansei de ser sexme
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Where I've been: Ireland, England, Spain, Portugal, bit of France, Costa Rica, Canada, and some Mexico this summer.

Where I want to go...Iceland

amyzzz
06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Pluto

Young blood
06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
GPS has been to ur anus.

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Fuck the common answers like Pluto or Mars ish...I'm going to Mercury. It's about time that bitch of a planet got some kinda love (and I'm not talking about the Sun's manly love either)

amyzzz
06-02-2008, 06:10 PM
They went near Mercury in that movie Sunshine, right?

Courtney
06-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I would like to go to: Bulgaria, Sri Lanka, Norway, South Korea, Ghana, Venezuela, Chile and Bolivia

Edit: I'm not going to list the places I've been because that just feels obnoxious like telling people your salary or something.

Young blood
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
diddy's yacht.

cansei de ser sexme
06-02-2008, 06:14 PM
the moon.

I've been to Uranus.

Pluto

Fuck the common answers like Pluto or Mars ish...I'm going to Mercury. It's about time that bitch of a planet got some kinda love (and I'm not talking about the Sun's manly love either)

the key words in the title of this thread are "in the world". well that gives exception to GPS because he has probably already been there on this planet.

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:15 PM
They went near Mercury in that movie Sunshine, right?

Never seen it. It's entirely possible that they went passed it.

amyzzz
I'd like to go anywhere.

Young blood
the key words in the title of this thread are "in the world". well that gives exception to GPS because he has probably already been there on this planet.

I. dont. care.

Mr.Nipples
space is a must
the sarcophagus and zone of alienation, chernobyl
the old area 51
cape canaveral
gulf breeze, florida

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Okay, so it has to be on the earth, eh? I would want to go to Lodi, CA.

amyzzz
06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
The Bermuda triangle.

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Cherynobl sounds nice this time of year.

menikmati
06-02-2008, 06:36 PM
I haven't been too far from home...born in Oregon, so I've been back there a few times, once to Portland and along the coast, then to the eastern side of the state (where my dad owns some land) and to Bend, and crater Lake. Been to parts of Idaho and the Snake River/Hells Canyon area. Been up and down the California coast (coast redwoods to monterey and Big Sur, and down to San Diego). Been all over the Sierra's and So Cal mountains. Driven through parts of desert Nevada and through Winnemuca, and to Las Vegas and back. Entered Utah briefly once to visit the Zion National Park, and then stood by the "Welcome To Arizona" sign while visiting the Hoover Dam once. That's all.

Places I would like to go:

Seattle/Aberdeen/Olympia, WA - For obvious reasons.
N 35 38.036 W 100 27.076 - The crossroad intersection used in the beginning/end of Cast Away.
Haysprings, NE - the small town that my favorite book is based off of.
Manchester, TN - to visit Bonnaroo someday.
Indiana - for a particular reason
Italy/Germany - the only countries I would really be interested in checking out and hanging out in Europe.
Pacific Crest Trail - I think it would be really cool to actually hike this entire thing.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...yeah maybe not to exciting, but I don't have huge desires to visit exotic countries and locations. I like the idea of small humble town...not a fan of big cities.

Courtney
06-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Way to dangle the carrot, Erik.

WHAT'S IN INDIANA?!??

wmgaretjax
06-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Been:
USA (most states worth worrying about)
Canada
Mexico
UK
Denmark
Netherlands
Spain
France
Germany
Austria
Italy
Portugal
Sweden
Tunisia
China
Hong Kong
Japan
Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
India
Indonesia
Vietnam
Autralia

Would like to go:
Russia
South Africa
Egypt
Ghana
Venezuela
Argentina
Czech Republic
Hungary

algunz
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Mexico
Canada
Bahamas
Holland
Germany
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Ireland
England
Spain
France
Italy
Austria
Czech Republic
Iceland (only in the airport though)

Places I'd like to go:
NEW ZEALAND
Brazil
Thailand
and more . . . I'll go anywhere.

nocigarettes
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Just to Mexico.
But this summer im doing nothing but traveling. im heading off to Barcelona, Spain to visit family. Im also attending Benicassim Festival. then China for the Olympics and then a week of craziness in Tokyo, Japan.

sounds insane but i cant wait.

where i want to go----
1. Brazil
2. Berlin and Paris----sooon!
3. Costa Rica
4. Madagascar
5. Indonesia

schoolofruckus
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I have never left America save for a brief daytrip to Tijuana when I was about 6 years old.

I would like to visit:

UK (plus Northern Ireland)
Japan
Belgium
Italy
Iceland
France
Greece
Australia
New Zealand
India
China

menikmati
06-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Way to dangle the carrot, Erik.

WHAT'S IN INDIANA?!??

somethin, maybe nothin

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Corn? Maybe something besides that...I think? I'm surprised no one said they'd like to visit Menik's kitchen since that's were all the magic happens, no?

Courtney
06-02-2008, 06:52 PM
somethin, maybe nothin

Torture.

Also, I would like to append my list to include New Zealand because Gabe is smart.

Jenniehoo
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I want to go to:

Antartica
New Zealand (right on)
Egypt
Peru
Ireland
Italy
Greece
Spain and Portugal

unitedwestand
06-02-2008, 07:04 PM
The Amish live in Indiana, don't they? Remember going on the good US 20 and all there was was Amish in Indiana. Hopefully I'll never run into one of their wagons on the road.

Jenniehoo
06-02-2008, 07:07 PM
The Amish are everywhere. Everywhere.

Don't turn around.

algunz
06-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Why Antarctica?

comiddle
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
... I don't really want to go anywhere right now. That scares the shit out of me because this city can be balls.

However, my last list was pretty much Africa.
Some friends in Togo owe me a few nights and Kenya has always been appealing.

Where I've been: All over the West coast (Vancouver to Tijuana and back several times and everywhere in between). All over Canada (except the maritimes). Jamaica, Mexico (East, West and the Island (Cozumel)), Caiman Islands, New Orleans, Chicago, Vegas.

My favourite: Vancouver Island. Tofino is gorgeous in November.

Coming Up: DC and NYC early July.

Geno_g
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Damn I'm screwed I've only been to California (which I live in), Nevada, and Washington.

Jenniehoo
06-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Why Antarctica?

Sometimes I'll look at it on Google Earth and it's just so mind-blowingly huge and empty. It's boggling for some reason. It just seems like something that needs to be seen. For half an hour and then you return someplace warm.

And penguins.

MissingPerson
06-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Everybody who wants to come to Ireland... why? WHY?

It stopped raining this week and we called it a heatwave.

But I'm culturally obliged to extend welcomes to all, nonetheless.
I have, after all, a perfectly good stereotype to maintain.

MissingPerson
06-02-2008, 07:19 PM
And penguins.

Fucking awesome. No other reason required.

algunz
06-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Everybody who wants to come to Ireland... why? WHY?

It stopped raining this week and we called it a heatwave.

But I'm culturally obliged to extend welcomes to all, nonetheless.
I have, after all, a perfectly good stereotype to maintain.

Where in Ireland are you?

Dublin was one of the most fucking fun places I have ever been. So good that I left with a broken nose. Good times. Srsly.

chiapet
06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Traveling is good. There are so many places I want to go that it's not worth listing them all out. I need to figure out where I'm going this winter.

In a couple of years, I am planning a huge trip, multiple months, all the way around the Mediterranean. That should be incredible. I think I'm most anxious to go to Egypt.

whynotsmile99
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
I've been very fortunate to have parents who exposed me to travel at an early age. It's a huge part of my life now and will continue to be so. I look forward to an extended travel experience (around a year or so) at some point.

It's a big world and I want to see as much of it as I can. Im only 22 and not off to a bad start

I've been to:

Australia
Jamaica
Western Caribbean
Scotland
England
France
Spain
Turkey
Greece
Italy
The Neterlands
Mexico
Canada

in the US i've been to Alaska, Iowa, Hawaii, Nevada, Mane, NY, NJ, Arizona, Florida, Oregon, Washington, Washington DC, Conneticuit, Louisiana, Illionois, new mexico

Last year I backpacked South East Asia for 2 months with a good friend and went to:

Singapore
Malaysia
Thailand
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia

Laos, northern Thailand, Holland and Barcelona are my top favorite places ever. I could live without ever going back to Athens, Greece.

Many places I want to go: All over Eastern Europe, Portugal, back to Spain to see more than just Barcelona, China, Japan, Burma, India,All over Africa and South America.

My next big trip will most likely be the middle east. Jewish young adults get a free trip to Israel and you can extend that time as much as you like apparently. I'll have a friend to visit in Syria, want to go to Dubai, Lebanon, Yemen and if I have the time make it to Eastern/Northern Africa and hit up Morroco,Egypt, Ethiopia and some other places in the region

cansei de ser sexme
06-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Spain

Gaudi is fucking awesome, eh?

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/TRAVEL/getaways/02/04/barcelona/art.gaudi.afp.gi.jpg

http://www.barcelonaexperience.com/images/spot%20light/bigPics/pedrera/b.gaudiPedreraD1291.jpg

http://londres.cervantes.es/FichasCultura/Imagenes/Gaudi.jpg

miscorrections
06-02-2008, 10:22 PM
I want to go and couchsurf in lots of places but it doesn't seem too likely in the near or distant future.

cansei de ser sexme
06-02-2008, 10:22 PM
and if you plan on going back to spain Seville was my favorite city when i went there. Most incredible cathedral i have seen.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~eby/seville3.jpg

whynotsmile99
06-02-2008, 10:32 PM
and if you plan on going back to spain Seville was my favorite city when i went there. Most incredible cathedral i have seen.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~eby/seville3.jpg

if i could, I would move to Spain in a heart beat. I've only been to Barcelona I'm sorry to say but I can't wait to explore the rest of the country.

The architecture in Barcelona was extrodinary. I remember those Dali buildings like the day I saw them.

what else do you recommend in Spain when I go back. Madrid of course.

chiapet
06-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Spain is awesome, if you've only been to Barcelona, you definitely need to go back. Sevilla is kind of cool, and it's easy to see Cordoba from there. I mostly liked going to random little towns in Andalucia, where there was nothing really "to see", but just to be. And Madrid, though I didn't spend a lot of time there, was interesting for the Spanish version of very metropolitan life. It felt like what I imagine Manhattan was like in the early 80s. Definitely go to Granada. I would move there if I could figure out what I could actually do with myself.

cansei de ser sexme
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
If you go to granada and have serious cash try to stay in this hotel.

http://www.paradores-spain.com/spain/pgranada.html

it is literally in the Alhambra. I am sure i would have loved the Alhambra 4 hour tour but i was sick and it was 100+ degrees and i was miserable the whole time.

cansei de ser sexme
06-02-2008, 11:02 PM
I remember not liking Malaga but loving cordoba. I did Toledo as a day trip and thought I did not miss much. My favorite art was the reina sofia (guernica, duh!) and of course Museo del Prado!

eNVyartist
06-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I was very unfortunate to have served a few years in our country's Navy. BUT I was lucky enough to see

Israel (actually not so lucky, because we were there for drop in copter rescue on our med cruise, during some shit with HAMAS that went down)

Singapore (and from what my shipmates told me-skip the hookers)

Austrailia (FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCK yea I'd go back any DAY!!!!)

Seychelles (This is my idea of a fucking paradise, French sailors, German Sailors, we were all the same navy the week we were there, awesome food, and homebrewed rum and brandy!! And hand's down the best fucking pizza I've EVER had!! Google that shit!! It's a dinky ass island off of madagascar-that is the big island off of Africa's right side for the geographically impaired)

Hawaii-snoooze
Guam-snooze
Mexico-Been just about all the good places except Mex city, Been all over, love it there, I'm a born again mexican according to my two best friends.

Where I want to go???

Of course my family suppossedly has a castle somewhere in Ireland, I ddicount this theory though

to my great great grandpa's in denmark

Mekonos and Santorini in the Greek Isles

Auchwitz (sorry lazy to look up the spelling)

Costa Rica

Rio De Janiero, Brazil

Ibiza (for obvious reasons)

Tokyo

and maybe paris or rome, but not in a rush.....

my next foreign anywhere trip will be a cruise. I know I know damn girl arent you tired of seeing the ocean after 4 years?? Nah you miss it after a while!

MissingPerson
06-03-2008, 06:05 AM
Where in Ireland are you?

Dublin was one of the most fucking fun places I have ever been. So good that I left with a broken nose. Good times. Srsly.

Pff, if you leave with any less, you did it wrong. :D

I live in Dublin, but I'm from the countryside. You know, the proper Deliverance dueling-banjos countryside, with a farm and everything.

MarkO
06-03-2008, 06:47 AM
I've been to most of the bigger cities in the USA and to Toronto & Vancouver BC. Been to Dublin, London, Prague, Florence, Barcelona, Stuttgart.

My travel hopes in the nearish future are some of the National Parks.

Jagh20
06-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Have been to:
Amsterdam
U.K
Germany- Fuessen, Koln, Berlin
Czech Republic-very awesome
Austria
Italy- Bibione is the best,
Spain- Barcelona; favorite city in Europe
Israel- Im going on Saturday
Most of Mexico- San Felipe is the spot

jigsaw
06-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Srsly...too many questions.

I have been to Costa Rica and I want to go to London and Egypt...plus everywhere else.

sonofhal
06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE=cansei de ser sexme;635541]Gaudi is fucking awesome, eh?

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/TRAVEL/getaways/02/04/barcelona/art.gaudi.afp.gi.jpg

I was there yesterday, in an Irish pub opposite the sagrada.

algunz
06-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Pff, if you leave with any less, you did it wrong. :D

I live in Dublin, but I'm from the countryside. You know, the proper Deliverance dueling-banjos countryside, with a farm and everything.

I was in Dublin for 4 days. One of those days I rented a bike and rode out of the city into the countryside and it was some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. The people were just so kind and pure fun.

The broken nose was from a long drunkin' adventure. We started the day at the Guiness Brewery and made our way to see a futbol match between Mexico and Ireland in the '94 world cup at some pub (I was the only one routing for Mexico, so I made a lot of frenemies) then to the Temple Bar and finally to one of Bono's nightclubs. Needless to say by 3 in the morning after I had lost all my hostel friends I headed back toward my bed. I found a few of my new friends hanging out with some street performers - one of them had a bike and in my stupid attempt to weave in and out of those pedestrian poles on one of the main shopping streets I slid out. I was so drink I forgot to let go of the handlebars and went face first into the cobblestone. Not good - but one of the greatest days of my life. Ah the memories.

Oh and Barcelona has got to be one of the greatest cities in the world. It's this beautiful urban environment packed full of history and amazing architecture and it's right on the fucking beach. You just can't go wrong. We tried to see a bullfight in Barcelona, but it had been canceled because the bulls were not proud enough.

I got some of the best E in Dublin, Barcelona and of course Amsterdam - maybe that has something to do with why I love these cities so much.

jigsaw
06-03-2008, 09:10 AM
fuck...am I going to have to read this thread? it looks good but, i just don't feel like reading. more pictures : )

marooko
06-03-2008, 09:13 AM
been

canada
mexico
puerto rico

wanna go to
most any place my passport will take me. mainly europe.

MassiveChemicalPunk
06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
been to:

US (L.A., San Francisco, Miami, Orlando, NYC, DC, Vegas, Houston, Baltimore, WV)
Spain (Madrid, Barcelona)
England (London)
France (Paris, Nice)
Belgium (Brussels)
Netherlands (Amsterdam, Volendam, Markem)
Germany (Berlin, Dresden)
Chec Republick (Prague)
Hungary (Budapest)
Austria (Vienna)
Italy (Rome, Florence, Venetia, Piza)
Guatemala (Guatemala city, Antigua)
Panama (Panama City)
Argentina (Buenos Aires)
Mexico (Mexico City)

want to go to:

Asia
Brazil
Mother Russia.

algunz
06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I forgot Portugal. I was 11 years old and this fisherman who ran a restaurant fell in love with me and gave my parents free drinks all night. My brother and I watched them pull in the days catch and the whole town came out to watch too. Some of the most beautiful human interaction I've been a part of.

I wish I had pictures of that.

AJS415
06-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Been too:

Most parts of Mexico.
British Columbia

Trips this year planned / booked (this is a big year for me to travel because of my current work assignment):
Kenya
Uganda
Rwanda
Zimbabwe
Costa Rica
El Salvador
Toronto

Planned for next year:
Australia
India

Want to go in the future:
Japan
China
France
England
Ireland
Geremeny
Netherlands
Italy
South Africa
Brazil
Columbia
Peru
Argentina
Ecuador
Chile

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 10:05 AM
i was in a children's singing group, and we traveled around the city, around the country, and around the world, singing songs we felt needed to be heard.

*vomit*

ha ha ha, that was our little speech. we traveled all over the west part of the country one year to go to vancouver, canada and back. there were about 20 of us (including 2 chaparones) and two vans. it took about three weeks to get there and back with all the stops. i was about 11 or 12.

the next year we went to london. that was cool because we did all the touristy stuff and got to see shakespeare's house, and even almost get arrested for singing a song about freedom in front of buckingham palace on the 4th of july. i had extreme de ja vu in london and would love to go back.

i went to club med cancun with my ex who worked for club med. that was beautiful because club med owns some of the best property in cancun. the back of our room faced the second largest coral reef in the world.

i also went to whistler, canada a few years ago to board and that was the best mountain i've been on in north america. a few months ago i went to zurich and st. moritz, switzerland for a family wedding billionaire style. st moritz is heaven on earth and i would love to go back, even though i could never afford to do it up like we did for the wedding. boarding in the alps was a surreal experience. i'm definitely a mountain person. i wish i would just finish going through my pictures already so i could post them!!!

and i would probably go anywhere in the world if there was an opportunity. i love adventure. i'm afraid to travel in some countries since i am a woman who sounds like a valley girl, but i'd still probably go if i had some reason too. venice, greece, ireland, spain, egypt and china have always interested me though. i just love to travel :)

paulb
06-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Been to:
Canada
USA
Peru
Germany
France
Argentina
Mexico

Would like to go to:
England
Holland
Belgium

pretty much for music festivals.

leo01g
06-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Places i would like to go:
Thailand
Indonesia
Malaysia
Brazil
France
Holland
Germany

Places I've been to:
Different parts of Mexico
Bahamas
St. Martin
Jamaica
Grand Cayman
My parents like to travel countries that have beach resorts.

garrett222
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd like to go anywhere.

Pluto? Bermuda Triangle? I'd be fine with these pointless reponses if you didn't harp on me so much. I mean really, set an example if you want to complain so much.

Courtney
06-03-2008, 10:27 AM
i was in a children's singing group, and we traveled around the city, around the country, and around the world, singing songs we felt needed to be heard.

This sounds like part of the book Oh The Glory of It All. I had no idea that sort of stuff existed in real life.

chairmenmeow47
06-03-2008, 11:22 AM
This sounds like part of the book Oh The Glory of It All. I had no idea that sort of stuff existed in real life.

ha ha ha, indeed it does. not familiar with the book, but it was a lot like "up with people" or "getting gay with kids" on south park, LOL. i can't believe it exists either, or that we were ever "booked".

faxman75
06-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I've been to Canada, Mexico and Italy.

In two weeks i'm off to do 5 countries in 21 days. I figured it can either be a once in a lifetime opportunity or simply the beginning of a long life of international travel.

In this order i'm hitting
Dublin, Uk, Amsterdam, Prague and Rome.

Possibly gonna see R.E.M. in Amsterdam. June 24th to July 16th. I'm getting ummm very fucking excited!