PDA

View Full Version : Moby DJ Set

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Has anyone see one of Moby's DJ sets this year? Wondering what to expect next weekend. I heard he played Where's your head at? and a Welcome to the Jungle at the SXSW Playboy party, but I am wondering if I can expect to hear any Moby tracks. Insight?

Sonicifyouwantit
06-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Im gonna see him at EDC in a few weeks. Ive seen his live show which was great, but not his dj set.

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Im gonna see him at EDC in a few weeks. Ive seen his live show which was great, but not his dj set.

I was really, really hoping for a live set. Looks like the only US date that gets one is Virgin Fest.

stinkbutt
06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
On the virginfest website it says he's doing a dj set

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 04:08 PM
On the virginfest website it says he's doing a dj set

on Moby's Myspace it says "[Live:Remixed]".

Cydewonder
06-02-2008, 07:01 PM
whats the difference between DJ sets and Live?

Im going to EDC too, not really into moby but i'll probaly check him out just to see him.

stinkbutt
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Huh guess I won't know til I'm there

Cydewonder
06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
^

still dont know what the difference between Live and DJ sets is...

does DJ set mean they play whatever they want and Live is just them doing there own material?

and yeah im not planning on staying for his whole Electric Daisy set...the lineup is full with alot of other peeps i wanna see. Just wanna check him out for a few mins.

PassiveTheory
06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
does DJ set mean they play whatever they want and Live is just them doing there own material?

Bingo.

Sonicifyouwantit
06-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Im going to EDC too, not really into moby but i'll probaly check him out just to see him.

his live set is him and his back up singers actually singing, guitar players live drummer, everything is performed like a rock band even the dance music...he closed his 3rd and final encore with feeling so real...it had as much power live if not more than being done electronically.

Geno_g
06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm seeing Moby this saturday, and his new song Alice off of his new album is sick, and he probably won't play because of him doing a DJ set

shakermaker113
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm betting moby is gearing up for an area 3 tour next summer, when he will have a full live band. I wonder what subheadlining-act-that-is-actually-bigger-than-moby he will get this time.

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 09:35 PM
i hope so and hopefully catching these dj sets is going to be worth it.

shaggyduck
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
I saw his live set in 2002 in Houston and then I saw a live set he did recently on the Fox Studio lot for Nissan Live Music Set w/ Yahoo! Music, but I have never seen his DJ set.

If I wasn't getting the opportunity to see and possibly interview The Flobots this Sunday, I would def go to Seattle to check him out.

Guess I'll have to wait for EDC. I want to see his DJ set soooooo bad!!!

shaggyduck
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Playing the instruments and using a back up band vs. using turntables and mixing beats.

shaggyduck
06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Bottom Line, if you've seen MOBY peform live, you realize he's just an incredible musician. I dare you to disagree.

moviebruin
06-02-2008, 09:52 PM
I've seen two dj sets from him this year. Elevate Lounge and Heat Festival. Both were just ok. The Nissan Live Music Set was 100X better imo.