PDA

View Full Version : NEW MUSIC TUESDAY - IT IS A GOOD WEEK TO BUY CD'S

C DUB YA
06-02-2008, 11:38 AM
New stuff this week, I will buy something, how about you?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j32/carywhitt/newrecords6_3.jpg

Ladytron - Velocifero
Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
Weezer - Weezer (Red Album) - just name your damn records already!
Aimee Mann - @#%&*! Smilers
The Zutons - You Can Do Anything (import)
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Radiohead - Best of (comes in 1 and 2 disc, plus 4 LP versions)
Gary Numan - Exile
The Futureheads - This Is Not the World
Jakob Dylan - Seeing Things
Coldplay - Violent Hill (single 7 inch)
Sam Sparro - Sam Sparro
Ed Harcourt - Beautiful Lie
Bret Michaels - Rock My World
Gavin Rossdale - Wanderlust
Shearwater - Rook
Benni Bannasi - Rock N Rave
Jean Grae - Jeanius
Subtle - Exiting Arm
The Virgins - The Virgins
KMFDM - Extra Volume One
The Pinker Tones - Wild Animals
Disturbed - Indestructible

Sushov23
06-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna be SO broke after tomorrow.
The new Weezer, The Ting Tings, Fleet Foxes, and the Virgins(maybe) CD's i'll be picking up this week.

leo01g
06-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Ladytron, Radiohead, Coldplay, and Benassi.

SFChrissy
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I wonder what the rossdale stuff sounds like???

C DUB YA
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Ladytron, Radiohead, Coldplay, and Benassi.

I wouldn't get the RH unless you are getting the vinyl.

C DUB YA
06-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I wonder what the rossdale stuff sounds like???

I guessing more like the less rockin Bush stuff.

TonyWonder
06-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Dont forget the new Radiohead DVD

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Radiohead/dp/B0017VG622

Ladytron and Weezer are on the UPS truck and on the way to my house.

Edit: OK, the Radiohead DVD has all of the videos but it does feel like an uninspired cash grab for the label. I hope Radiohead gets to work an their own DVD soon.

The new Ladytron is excellent. Weezer is decent, infinitely better than Make Believe.

bballarl
06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I still need the new Spiritualized and the new National. I guess I should get Weezer too. And the Futureheads. And maybe Fleet Foxes. Sigh.

shakermaker113
06-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Dont forget the new Radiohead DVD - SEE DETAILS - MUST HAVE!

y'know I thought about this, but then I realized that I generally don't like Radiohead videos.

I got the Ting Tings album while I was in the uk. it's ok. I spoiled it by having ripped all the songs they had on their myspace and listened to them over and over -- it turns out those were the best of the lot. still, I'm glad to have finally paid for it.

C DUB YA
06-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I still need the new Spiritualized and the new National. I guess I should get Weezer too. And the Futureheads. And maybe Fleet Foxes. Sigh.

new Spiritualized is good good good! Start with that one, then go to the Futureheads

leo01g
06-02-2008, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't get the RH unless you are getting the vinyl.

Is it just a greatest hits kind of thing or are they releasing new songs?

C DUB YA
06-02-2008, 12:14 PM
just a greatest hits - which they having nothing to do with.

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
yea, don't buy that Radiohead disc...

The Ting Tings FTW!

Pixiessp
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Ladytron
Coldplay
Aimee Mann
Radiohead
Benny Benassi

luckyface
06-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I have owned the Ladytron CD since Friday, and it rules. I would have bought the Weezer CD, but I no longer trust them after Make Believe.

corbo
06-02-2008, 01:09 PM
im def getting the new weezer and the radiohead dvd.
curious about the rossdale and jacob dylan cds..

rage patton
06-02-2008, 01:10 PM
New Gary Numan? Awesome.

I have owned the Ladytron CD since Friday, and it rules. I would have bought the Weezer CD, but I no longer trust them after Make Believe.

Have you heard Pork and Beans? That is the best song to come out of Weezer since Pinkerton. Give the Red Album a chance.

Pixiessp
06-02-2008, 01:14 PM

yes...it is good. I don't possess it as of yet but have heard it in it's entirety as,I think,most fans have. A friend of mine was up in Seattle last week or the week before and he said he walked by this place and heard music.
He walked in and Ladytron was doing their soundcheck and he and his companion went right up to the sound booth and watched.
I wanted to kick him in the head for being so lucky.

luckyface
06-02-2008, 01:26 PM
yes...it is good. I don't possess it as of yet but have heard it in it's entirety as,I think,most fans have. A friend of mine was up in Seattle last week or the week before and he said he walked by this place and heard music.
He walked in and Ladytron was doing their soundcheck and he and his companion went right up to the sound booth and watched.
I wanted to kick him in the head for being so lucky.

Damn, that rules. I really wish I could see them again soon. I am bummed I didn't catch both nights while they were in town. I would trade the REM show for that in a heartbeat.

Have you heard Pork and Beans? That is the best song to come out of Weezer since Pinkerton. Give the Red Album a chance.

Yep, and I like it. The video is good, too. But I made a vow to never blindly purchase a Weezer album unless I heard it first. Make Believe was on another level of awful, and I just cannot subject myself to such an experience ever again.

paulb
06-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Disturbed's new cd is really good...

anyone know if Benny Bennassi's new cd is any good?

sbessiso
06-02-2008, 01:48 PM
disturbed?

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
http://assets3.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/47739.radioheadbestof.jpg

"Thom Yorke has already called it “pointless”, saying, “if we’d been behind it, it might have been good”."

woogie846
06-02-2008, 04:44 PM
How's the new Weezer album?

Hopeless Semantic
06-02-2008, 06:58 PM
How's the new Weezer album?

I've heard varied remarks about the red album...so, I'm going to proably have to pick it up and hope its good.

shakermaker113
06-02-2008, 10:14 PM
did we have a thread last week? I couldn't find one when I searched. I am wondering how the new mates of state album is. the new islands, which also came out last week, is better than I expected too. I might pick up those two of last week's albums tomorrow instead.

Jay_Fiedler
06-02-2008, 10:43 PM
the new mates of state is really good

xxxxxxxxxx
06-03-2008, 12:16 AM
anyone here check out the new Shearwater album yet? It's really really really good, so I hear.

C DUB YA
06-03-2008, 07:26 AM
the weezer is meh.

So I am at Target last night getting the usual diapers and orange juice and I walk by the cd's. They had Ting Tings, Weezer, Ladytron and Radiohead out on display all for 9.99. So I grabbed the Ting Tings and Ladytron and went to the checkout. Then the lady at the register informed me I couldn't buy them until tomorrow. I asked then why have them out to buy? She said they made a mistake. Then I said yep, cause I will be buying them on campus in about 17 hours instead of here in your store right now, up to you. She said sorry and I was fine with that.

But that is dumb on Target's part, if you make the mistake and put them out at least get cash for it.

sbessiso
06-03-2008, 07:39 AM
is the new MMJ out?

JSam67
06-03-2008, 07:41 AM
Next Tuesday. I have held off on leaks so I really can't wait.

sbessiso
06-03-2008, 07:44 AM
damn, I might not be able to get it before Bonnaroo

sbessiso
06-03-2008, 08:14 AM
whoa, its streaming on myspace right now. supersweet

BlueDevil50
06-03-2008, 08:18 PM
just got the new ed rec vol 3 off itunes...i think it's the best one outta the three. anyone else get it?

JClemy
06-03-2008, 09:20 PM
the weezer is meh.

So I am at Target last night getting the usual diapers and orange juice and I walk by the cd's. They had Ting Tings, Weezer, Ladytron and Radiohead out on display all for 9.99. So I grabbed the Ting Tings and Ladytron and went to the checkout. Then the lady at the register informed me I couldn't buy them until tomorrow. I asked then why have them out to buy? She said they made a mistake. Then I said yep, cause I will be buying them on campus in about 17 hours instead of here in your store right now, up to you. She said sorry and I was fine with that.

But that is dumb on Target's part, if you make the mistake and put them out at least get cash for it.

If they get caught selling early the company can blacklist them. Probably won't with a company like Target but still.

I really enjoy the new Weezer album.

C DUB YA
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM
definitely not for a band like the ting tings - Prince or Coldplay maybe.

JClemy
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
definitely not for a band like the ting tings - Prince or Coldplay maybe.

I agree. I work at a bookstore and we have strict on sale dates. If it's caught then they will stop sending to that particular store(they say). I think this is more of a threat. Unless it's Harry Potter or Stephanie Myer then that shits serious.

ghettojournalist
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
now, would this situation make it slightly easier to steal the album?

C DUB YA
06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I made it through the new Ladytron, and it is most excellent by the way.

add the new Futureheads to this as well, both great records.

Ting Tings is pretty good - the best bits are the already released (and over played) singles.

whynotsmile99
06-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Wow good stuff coming out.

I want Amiee Mann, maybe weezer if its cheap enough and I can't wait for My Morning Jacket next week. Still need Spirtualized as well.

I love music video collections so Radiohead I have to get down the line. too bad the band isn't approving it, quality is apparently poor and no bonus features.

C DUB YA
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
yeah why not - go grab Spiritualized - it is great.

Weezer was 9.99 at Target and Best Buy. (but there are a slew of better records in recent weeks)

Haven't heard anything from the Aimee Mann, but I usually like her stuff. (Is she still with Michael Penn?)

The RH dvd looks and feels like it is as bare bones as they could make it. not even very compelling packaging.

Sushov23
06-04-2008, 12:17 AM
new weezer is 6 bucks at Circuit City. When selling CD's before street date, there is a fee, they don't get blacklisted. I used to sell CD's early all the time to my friends, and I would say SOMEONE put them out early. I got away with it everytime, but they also told me about them getting a fine for EACH CD sold.

C DUB YA
06-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Labels do not fine stores for selling crap early. They have been known to threaten to pull product, sure. But that fining business - that is something Wal-Mart dreamed up to keep it from happening.

I used to work in the record store biz as well, and while it was frowned on big time, we never heard of any repercusions of selling something early by a day or two. Hell we usually didn't get it till the Saturday before the onsale anyway.

But it rarely happened.

The indie store I worked in - however did it all the time, as well as selling stamped promos for $3-$5, the owner would just know who to sell those to (not some mom off the street)

shakermaker113
06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
the new mates of state is really good

after your endorsement I picked this up, and so far I like it a lot.

also, I noticed that the ting tings album comes in different colors. that's pretty neat. I'm pretty sure the track listings are all the same though.

suprefan
06-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Hmmm the DVD I might get, but then again it would mean 7 Television Commercials isnt good enough, but it is. Also, the L.P might be a selling point. Eff buying the cd. A Radiohead ''mixtape'' on Vinyl...

shakermaker113
06-04-2008, 09:30 AM
which rhead videos attract you to the dvd, that are not already included in 7 television commercials? I can't think of a single one. maybe I'm forgetting something?

microcuts
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
http://assets3.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/47739.radioheadbestof.jpg

"Thom Yorke has already called it “pointless”, saying, “if we’d been behind it, it might have been good”."

Which is bollocks, since it still contains good songs, no? I don't understand why people out there care so much. If you don't need it, don't buy it. Like any 'Greatest Hits' collection from any other band, it's really only beneficial to people out there who don't own their other albums.

TonyWonder
06-04-2008, 09:47 AM
which rhead videos attract you to the dvd, that are not already included in 7 television commercials? I can't think of a single one. maybe I'm forgetting something?

Not a single one? How about everything from Pablo Honey, Kid A, Amnesiac and HTTT plus UK version of High and Dry

It's worth buying for Gondry's Knives Out video alone.

Yeah, RH isn't behind it but whatever. I'll buy the RH approved DVD if they come out with one.

shakermaker113
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Not a single one? How about everything from Pablo Honey, Kid A, Amnesiac and HTTT plus UK version of High and Dry

It's worth buying for Gondry's Knives Out video alone.

of the videos I've seen, none of them were at all memorable. I don't think I have seen Gondry's video though.

amyzzz
06-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I had $12 burning a hole in my pocket yesterday and fucking Best Buy did not have the new Ladytron. So now it looks like I'll probably have to spend the money on gas and have Jacob d/l Ladytron for me. Oh well. Sorry girls & boys. You skipped Phoenix this tour.

BlackSwan
06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Which is bollocks, since it still contains good songs, no? I don't understand why people out there care so much. If you don't need it, don't buy it. Like any 'Greatest Hits' collection from any other band, it's really only beneficial to people out there who don't own their other albums.

If you don't know why people care then you haven't been paying attention and if you don't own their other albums, you should buy their other albums.

OutOfmYminD
06-04-2008, 03:49 PM
New Weezer is ok. Some entertaining songs and as far as a summer cd goes it's pretty solid.