leo01g
05-31-2008, 03:31 PM
rumored for next year? damn thats kind of early

Cdubby
05-31-2008, 03:40 PM
HIV, AIDS, HPV, clyamydia, Crabs, yeah I guess there's a lot

paulb
05-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Paul's Boutique 20th anniversary show next year at Coachella.

Boourns
05-31-2008, 05:21 PM
We're still a few months away before bands start getting booked.

But I did hear The Smiths, Talking Heads, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Pulp, Blur, Pavement, The Replacements, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive, Faith No More, Soundgarden, and the entire off-Broadway cast of Bat Boy: The Musical will be there.

NicoDread
05-31-2008, 05:48 PM
the entire off-Broadway cast of Bat Boy: The Musical will be there.

Do you know if they are doing autograph signings?

Boourns
05-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I imagine big reunions might take months or years to pull together, but some article came out last year around August or September and it said that the powers that be were then starting to book bands for 2008, so who knows.

with the kills
05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
david bowie the rolling stones the velvet underground

betao
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I imagine big reunions might take months or years to pull together, but some article came out last year around August or September and it said that the powers that be were then starting to book bands for 2008, so who knows.

yeah last August an article was found that said both MBV and Portishead were heavily rumored (it might have actually confirmed Portishead, dont remember).

NicoDread
05-31-2008, 11:20 PM
the velvet underground

that would be amazing.

Sushov23
05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
it did confirm Portishead. I don't remember the paper though.

Cdubby
06-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't get it.. but I'll add (and NOT personally/directly) herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis..

i was stoned out of my mind when i posted that

fatbastard
06-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Bowie is coming. It's obvious. He better play Coachella next year.

Boourns
06-01-2008, 01:37 AM
loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth mockery condemnation misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

Boourns
06-01-2008, 02:06 AM
I wonder what reunions are actually possible for next year. Let's see if we can come up with a list.

Recently rumored:
Led Zeppelin
The Replacements
Pavement
No Doubt
Soundgarden

Not really rumored but still in the realm of possibility since nobody is dead and nobody wants anyone dead:
Pulp (Jarvis isn't opposed to it, but is probably still too busy playing around with a solo career for this to happen anytime soon, unless there's a significant bribe)
Blur (they had lunch together, or something)
Neutral Milk Hotel (no drama, just Jeff Mangum's issues)

People in the band still say "hell no, we won't go":
The Smiths
Talking Heads
Pink Floyd
Faith No More

fiopadp7791
06-01-2008, 07:31 AM

For the Beastie Hhipsters who really know what good Beastie music is, this would so own... but there would be too many idiots saying "play Intergalatic!". It would ruin it.

fiopadp7791
06-01-2008, 07:35 AM
I wonder what reunions are actually possible for next year. Let's see if we can come up with a list.

Recently rumored:
Led Zeppelin
The Replacements
Pavement
No Doubt
Soundgarden

Not really rumored but still in the realm of possibility since nobody is dead and nobody wants anyone dead:
Pulp (Jarvis isn't opposed to it, but is probably still too busy playing around with a solo career for this to happen anytime soon, unless there's a significant bribe)
Blur (they had lunch together, or something)
Neutral Milk Hotel (no drama, just Jeff Mangum's issues)

People in the band still say "hell no, we won't go":
The Smiths
Talking Heads
Pink Floyd
Faith No More

I know about Mike Doughty's solo stuff, but any chance for a Soul Coghing reunion?

I know Steven Malkmus in a recent issue of Blender said there's no Pavement reunion plans. But I think we're within 3 years of that one taking place too.

Memorial_07
06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
radiohead. yet again, everyone talks about them every year.

but a legit guess i've heard is puscifer

paulb
06-01-2008, 07:16 PM
For the Beastie Hhipsters who really know what good Beastie music is, this would so own... but there would be too many idiots saying "play Intergalatic!". It would ruin it.

fuck Intergalactic... PB is my fav album of all time, and Beasties best without a doubt...any beastie fan who says otherwise is a moron.

RotationSlimWang
06-01-2008, 07:19 PM
radiohead. yet again, everyone talks about them every year.

but a legit guess i've heard is puscifer

How is that remotely legit? He hasn't performed as Puscifer at all.

Memorial_07
06-02-2008, 06:52 AM

we have one more year until the lineup is here...so we'll have to see

nahuatldream
06-02-2008, 07:43 AM
rumored for next year? damn thats kind of early

Madness and MBV are bands that might have been here this year, and the timing wasn't right, apparently. So I think it's a good bet that Goldenvoice is already working it out with them and they'll be there next year. I don't think it's out of the question for Goldenvoice to already have at least verbal agreements with some bands.

Do rumors that I start count? If so, I heard that David Bowie will be there.

paganman7
06-02-2008, 07:58 AM

Agreed. Also, isn't Tool slated to start working on their next album at the end of summer? If so, it takes those fuckers about a year in the practice studio and nearly a year in their recording studios.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Puscifer in the Gobi tent at sunset.

rskapcat
06-02-2008, 10:24 AM

The husband might pee himself over that. In a good way. Wait, is there a "good way" to pee on yourself? Scratch that...my husband would be incredibly happy if the Beasties did that.

TonyWonder
06-02-2008, 10:41 AM

Puscifer has performed at least a couple of times:

Cuntry Boner
LJvvxEs1_pE

I've also read that he's already made some short films with the intention of using them for a potential tour so who knows, it might happen.

Wheres the beef?
06-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh Maynard...........

clumsy342
06-02-2008, 12:47 PM
I love it when I see other people talk about Soul Coughing.
And I really want them for next year.
It's just hard to picture them there. Like, where they would play and when.

rage patton
06-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Madness and MBV are bands that might have been here this year, and the timing wasn't right, apparently. So I think it's a good bet that Goldenvoice is already working it out with them and they'll be there next year. I don't think it's out of the question for Goldenvoice to already have at least verbal agreements with some bands.

Do rumors that I start count? If so, I heard that David Bowie will be there.

I definately think Madness have a good chance of beeing there next year. In fact, when I messaged them about their Coachella cancellation, they messaged me back and told me that they are definately doing a North American tour next year and Coachella 2009 is a possibililty they are considering. So yeah!
Also, if Madness can't be there for some reason... that I wouldn't doubt GV grabbing The Specials.

captncrzy
06-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm calling Tori Amos. She just dumped her record label and is going "indie"...going to start working on new stuff this summer to be released in the Spring. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to get her.

JebusLives
06-02-2008, 02:32 PM
The Velvet Underground WOULD be sweeter than sweet, but no Sterling Morrison...

Wheres the beef?
06-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Ghostland next year fo sho

hendrixfan143
06-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh Maynard...........

maynard never seizes to amaze

Xenocide
06-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Floater

Poe

Gutevolk

Dresden Dolls

dir en grey

Mad Marge & The Stonecutters

The Bees

Carolina Chocolate Drops

Mary Magdelan

Star 69 (reunion)

UNICRON

DJ Temper Tantrum (aka Oliver Chesler)

Vagabond Opera

Los Mex Pistols

& the band from the freecreditreport.com commercials... (*edit: Eric Violette & Co.)

rage patton
06-04-2008, 12:07 PM

I thought they were basically garunteed for this year.

HEADSTRUCK
06-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I know about Mike Doughty's solo stuff, but any chance for a Soul Coghing reunion?

i could only hope for such a booking

shaggyduck
06-04-2008, 08:13 PM

God, I hope so. However, a Zeppelin/Ghostland conflict would ruin everything.

luckyface
06-04-2008, 08:46 PM
That would be such a tough call. An extremely rare concert experience by one of the most beloved bands going against a flash in the pan group that tours LA 4 times a year. Who to choose?

betao
06-04-2008, 08:48 PM
^^^ hahahahahahahahaha.

mittens4kittens
09-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Joe Nice told me personally that he would love to play Coachella...

aleydars
09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I've heard that Muse would be there.