PDA

View Full Version : how long to drive from Toronto (Ontario...Canada)

rouge33
02-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, I'm neither offering or asking for a ride. We're just considering taking a road trip from Toronto to Coachella. Has anyone ever driven this and if so, how long did it take? Google tells me it would take a day and 13 hours straight. We wouldn't stop (just switch drivers), but with stops for breaks and food, etc just wondering what it might work out to.
Thanks everybody!
Leslee

renholder
02-03-2007, 08:15 PM
haha im from hamilton... your nuts... but once you get there... the fun begins

see yeah there!

jerpar24
02-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Man thats a long trip

DamnCanadian
02-04-2007, 08:52 AM
probably take 3 or 4 days if you didn't stop. that's my guess.
My friends and I live in Kitchener and are planning the same thing... I'm trying to weigh which will cost more, though.... round trip plane w/rented car, or just plain driving in my hyundai accent lol.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-04-2007, 09:18 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, I'm neither offering or asking for a ride. We're just considering taking a road trip from Toronto to Coachella. Has anyone ever driven this and if so, how long did it take? Google tells me it would take a day and 13 hours straight. We wouldn't stop (just switch drivers), but with stops for breaks and food, etc just wondering what it might work out to.
Thanks everybody!
Leslee

Jesus Christ...

jess&adam
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
We're driving from Sudbury, Ont. That's about 5 hours from Toronto. We expect a 40 hr drive. So three days with breaks approximately.

rouge33
02-10-2007, 02:44 PM
3 or 4 days?? Google says a day and 13 hours. We guessed with pee breaks and traffic and getting lost once or twice it would be about 2 full days.

I looking for anyone out there who's made the trip in the past

fultonk
02-11-2007, 10:44 AM
I've done the drive before and if you want to keep your sanity intact then i'd leave yourself at least four days. I'd also recommend taking the more scenic route down route 66 and skipping states like nebraska and iowa. i'm sure they're wonderful states but the miles of corn fields and straight highways make for a good case of highway hypnosis. Its a really fun road trip so dont let anyone talk you out of it!

cheers

RickeyinLA
02-12-2007, 02:12 PM
I did the drive by myself from LA to Toronto and back again in 2005 - I took four days/three nights each direction and I car-camped. You should definitely do it.

From Toronto - try to make it past St. Louis first night, Amarillo second night, hang out in Taos and/or Santa Fe day three and stay somewhere past Albuquerque (Tucumcari?) night three, you can make it to Indio by night four.

I'd then return via Utah, hitting Goblin Valley State Park for camping the first night back. When you wake up in the oppressive heat at dawn take a look at the fields of small and large bizzare rock formations that look like goblins as far as the eye can see. Then onwards through Colorado ski towns and Denver which is a Rockies glorious drive.

Do it. I double-dog-dare you.