PDA

View Full Version : Troy's Mix Tape of Love

thinnerair
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
[not sure if this has been posted. if not, get ready to cringe. hard]

Web Oddities #1: Troy's Mix Tape of Love

Everyone has broken up with somebody at some point in their life, as well as been dumped by somebody. It's an inevitable part of growing up and of life: your heart will be broken once or twice by someone that you really care about. This will usually be accompanied by a noticeable amount of pain for the dumped, who most likely didn't see their ultimate rejection coming at all. The pain will go away in a few days with any luck and you'll be right back to business as usual.

Unless of course you're one young man from Boise, ID. Enter Troy, perhaps the most pathetic victim of a dumping in this country's recent history. First unearthed by XM Satellite Radio's popular comedy program The Opie and Anthony Show, Troy did something that many attempt and few (if any) find success with...he made a declaration for his sweetheart on audio cassette as a present to commemorate their six-month anniversary. This is admittedly a very sweet gesture to his girlfriend, a unique token to show how much he loves her. The only problem was that his girlfriend didn't quite reciprocate Troy's emotions. She broke up with him three days after receiving the tape, leaving Troy in absolute shambles. To make matters worse (for Troy, but better for us), she took his recorded love mix and posted it on the World Wide Web for all to enjoy.

This is quite honestly one of the most uncomfortable pieces of audio I've ever listened to. Maybe it's because the guy comes off sounding so ridiculous given what you know about life after he delivered his audio gift. Or maybe it's because everyone has loved someone with the same intensity and excitement that Troy obviously feels for this girl, so you squirm from the embarrassing recognition of your own experiences in his recording. Granted, most people don't get this nuts over a girl, but the kid is only in high school and those relationships are admittedly unstable at best.

This is not going to be an easy listen, but it is well worth the few minutes it takes to get through it. And even though this recording of Troy's crazy love will undoubtedly make you cringe, I guarantee you will pass it along to somebody else. So, enjoy this little piece of audio magic and remember...don't ever, ever make a tape like this, no matter how good you think things are going with your significant other. You just might wind up being the next Troy.

Click Here and Let the Laughs Ensue:
Troy's Mix Tape of Love (http://www.purevolume.com/troysmixtapeoflove)

bug on your lip
05-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Nando,
some dood named Haizeus signed for yer mix CD around noon.

Lemming no what u think

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
..................::::::::::::bug

Son of MJK
05-27-2008, 02:46 PM
im surprised she didnt break up the first day after hearing that, wanted ads will contain his pic in future years

thinnerair
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
it is so unbelievably uncomfortable. he sings some bits of songs towards the end. so awkward.

CalmerThanYou
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
"Our hands are the same size..."

MF'er

chairmenmeow47
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
his voice makes me want to bang his head against the ground.

and this post scares me because i made several "tape letters" for my friends when i was at boarding school. i hope to god those have all gone missing because that shits gotta be horrible. at least i played music. and i wasn't a raging vagina.

thinnerair
05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
i think the kid was like 14 or 16 when he did this.
but these toxic levels of douchiness are inexplainable.

TomAz
05-28-2008, 12:13 PM
I guess I shouldn't send that recording I made for Greg now.

fiyahhh!
05-28-2008, 12:57 PM
the only way I got through it was to imagine Troy drunk off his ass and talking to a bottle of St. Pauli Girl...

anti-square
05-28-2008, 01:00 PM
I cringed. I laughed. I want to donate my pair of balls to this guy.

thinnerair
05-28-2008, 01:21 PM
i bet he thought the microphone was beige and meaty.

coolkid666
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
woah! looks like troy is in a music video or something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvdPh9S6d-E