PDA

View Full Version : BFD 2008... ROLL CALL..

scoop49er
05-26-2008, 03:21 PM
i know there is a bfd thread out ehre but i cant find it so sorry for starting another one... im curious to know who is going to the bfd 2008 6/7 at shoreline...

tix were 10.53 and at first i really didnt care much for the lineup but ive grown to really like the lineup...

cypress hill always puts ona good show even though ive seen them too many time.

pennywise and flogging molly are great live acts. and having the tent with moby, mstrkrft, santogold and others makes it a very good festival and great for the price so i wonder who is going... :)

BlackSwan
05-26-2008, 05:11 PM
i'll be there in full force... after party too.

kitt kat
05-26-2008, 09:06 PM
i'll be there for the three M's

MGMT
MSTRKRFT
Moby

and...you know...maybe i'll be drunk enough to be nostalgic for the shitty music i used to like when i was a freshman in high school...mainly alkaline trio HAHA!

Cdubby
05-26-2008, 10:32 PM
ill be there with a friend, cant wait.

betao
05-26-2008, 10:58 PM
10 dollars to see MSTRKRFT and Moby?

...not fair.

mistdevil
05-26-2008, 11:45 PM
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

gmoneyak
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
I'll be at this lil' shindig, even the after party. You'll see me checking out Santogold, Moby, Mstrkrft, Mike Relm, Lyrics Born and maybe Cypress Hill, MGMT, and the Whigs.

SFChrissy
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm happily bowing out of this one so I can attend the harmony festival in petaluma...I'll have more fun than all of you!!!

tubescape
05-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I'll be there.

Any suggestions on getting to/from the venue? I've never been to Shoreline, but I hear parking is a mess. I looked up CalTrain, but the station is something like 3 miles away. Anyone have luck with local cab companies? Last train back to the city is around 10:45pm. Willing to miss some of the very end to catch the train, but what are the chances of getting a cab?

SFChrissy
05-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Tube...parking isn't a bitch and not much of a nightmare. You might have luck finding a cab outside of the venue which is a bigger bitch but not all that easy!!! Good luck...shoreline is a venue that requires a car!!!

BlackSwan
05-27-2008, 09:55 AM
just to clarify... I am only going for Mody, MSTRKRFT, MGMT and Santogold. the main stage line up is horrible.

gmoneyak
05-27-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm happily bowing out of this one so I can attend the harmony festival in petaluma...I'll have more fun than all of you!!!

That looks like pretty cool festival, I just don't like how it's spread out over 3 days. It really thins out the acts I'd like to see, unless you get the $139 3-day pass.

Have a good time though, Damian Marley,George Clinton & Parliament, Arrested Development, RJD2, and Heavywight Dub Champion would be cool to see.. Probably some really cool vibes going on there all weekend.

HEADSTRUCK
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
where is the info and line-up for this?

bug on your lip
05-27-2008, 10:29 AM
hooly EFF

i'd pay $10.oo just to rock out to some Whigs

BlueDevil50
05-27-2008, 10:55 AM
www.live105.com

scoop49er
05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
harmony festival is a awful lineup. i love george and p-funk but they have been getting stale and older so to each his own... for 10.53 ill be having a great time! more money for beer and checking out mstrkrft and santogold and the whigs! and others

SFChrissy
05-27-2008, 01:05 PM
harmony festival is a awful lineup. i love george and p-funk but they have been getting stale and older so to each his own... for 10.53 ill be having a great time! more money for beer and checking out mstrkrft and santogold and the whigs! and others

Eat one scoop...the vibe blows doors on your $10 scene...

BlackSwan
05-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Eat one scoop...the vibe blows doors on your $10 scene...

all the people i know who went last year said it was a suck-a-thon and the line up is even worse this year, but HAVE FUN!

SFChrissy
05-27-2008, 01:35 PM
all the people i know who went last year said it was a suck-a-thon and the line up is even worse this year, but HAVE FUN!

It's not an olympic line-up but beautiful music and stuff I don't listen too on the regular...so yeahhh, great music, awesome vibe, great merchant booths, and the fact that I can leave my backpack on my blanket for 4 hours and walk away with out any one jacking it even better...and minus the pretentious crowd that's gonna be at shoreline...SWEET!!!

Basskitten85
05-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I'll be there

scoop49er
05-27-2008, 03:34 PM
It's not an olympic line-up but beautiful music and stuff I don't listen too on the regular...so yeahhh, great music, awesome vibe, great merchant booths, and the fact that I can leave my backpack on my blanket for 4 hours and walk away with out any one jacking it even better...and minus the pretentious crowd that's gonna be at shoreline...SWEET!!!

i said to each their own.... but urs does suck!

give some of us credit who go to bfd... im not going for a vibe. its a radio festival.. i get that... im going cuz its 10 fucking bucks and there about 10 groups im looking forward to seeing and its a all day festival and its another excuse to drink and enjoy some bands.

harmony festival is fine for what it is... but the lineup sucks.. its worth about $9.47. cuz honey... the price of a ticket for that is for the camping and your "vibe", not for the artists thats for sure...

and if your talking about pretentious, its probably urself u r talking about... so have fun and lots of harmony and spaghetti necklaces to u..........

BlackSwan
05-27-2008, 03:55 PM
i said to each their own.... but urs does suck!

give some of us credit who go to bfd... im not going for a vibe. its a radio festival.. i get that... im going cuz its 10 fucking bucks and there about 10 groups im looking forward to seeing and its a all day festival and its another excuse to drink and enjoy some bands.

harmony festival is fine for what it is... but the lineup sucks.. its worth about $9.47. cuz honey... the price of a ticket for that is for the camping and your "vibe", not for the artists thats for sure...

and if your talking about pretentious, its probably urself u r talking about... so have fun and lots of harmony and spaghetti necklaces to u..........

well, that was a bit of a WHAMMY.

scoop49er
05-27-2008, 04:03 PM
not a whammy... i love sfchrissy, but sometimes her opinions blow!! :) but she does that well so its all good! :) bfd will be fun for what it is plus seeing cypress and pennywise never sucks... the whigs and flobots are ones im looking forward to checking out for the first time.... flogging molly will be perfect when im loaded... and santogold, mstrkrft, and moby will be very very cool in the tent...

BlackSwan
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM
not a whammy... i love sfchrissy, but sometimes her opinions blow!! :) but she does that well so its all good! :) bfd will be fun for what it is plus seeing cypress and pennywise never sucks... the whigs and flobots are ones im looking forward to checking out for the first time.... flogging molly will be perfect when im loaded... and santogold, mstrkrft, and moby will be very very cool in the tent...

well it was a loving whammy then.

tubescape
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
http://i.xanga.com/penncashcow/whammy.jpg

Geno_g
05-27-2008, 08:02 PM
I'll be there, probably sporting one of my coachella shirts, gonna parking lot pimp it, then roll on in, and kitt kat I agree with the "high school" punk bands I use to like: Alkaline trio and pennywise.

I have seen Alkaline trio five years ago, can't wait for MGMT and MSTRKRFT

chiapet
05-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I finally broke down and decided to go. Looking forward to seeing MGMT & MSTRKRFT again, flogging molly, the whigs, the kooks (who I keep skipping at better fests), and will probably watch cypress hill, just because I've never seen them. Also planning to go to the 'after party' at mezzanine unless I pussy out of it.

SFChrissy
05-29-2008, 08:00 AM
and if your talking about pretentious, its probably urself u r talking about... so have fun and lots of harmony and spaghetti necklaces to u..........Your living on fantasy island if you don't think your gonna be surrounded by prententious bullshit!!! It was so thick last year that it nearly killed my enjoyment...either way I'd rather my soul be free then sold out for 10 bizzles...kissesxoxox

SFChrissy
05-29-2008, 08:02 AM
well, that was a bit of a WHAMMY.Scoops duntdaduns are a bit snug which make him thinks its all good...he's dellusional...but we love eachother!!!

Jakewc151
05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Is anybody down to help carpool out there from the east bay? I can help out with gas money and would more then likely buy you a beer once we got there. I just hate having to drive all the way out there, especially knowing that I like to get pretty drunk at BFD too heh.

BlackSwan
06-02-2008, 02:05 PM
BOOOOO! to this... Moby - Live 105 BFD08 [DJ Set]

Cdubby
06-02-2008, 03:49 PM
I finally broke down and decided to go. Looking forward to seeing MGMT & MSTRKRFT again, flogging molly, the whigs, the kooks (who I keep skipping at better fests), and will probably watch cypress hill, just because I've never seen them. Also planning to go to the 'after party' at mezzanine unless I pussy out of it.

if i see you im saying hi!!!!!!!

scoop49er
06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I do want to fuck sfchrissy but she knows that already... hot angry sex:)

Geno_g
06-02-2008, 04:57 PM
The new Moby song Alice is really good, the video is On-Demand, and it has old retro clips of bombs blowing up and other cars crashing but the song is great.

Trick Loves The Kids
06-02-2008, 06:37 PM
i'm going to this, I want to see DJ AM most of all

Trick Loves The Kids
06-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I meant Pennywise*

scoop49er
06-02-2008, 07:17 PM
is the schedule out yet??

Geno_g
06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
no but this is out
BUDLIGHT FESTIVAL STAGE (noon-8:30pm)
Cypress Hill | Pennywise | Flogging Molly | Alkaline Trio
The Kooks | Everlast | Anti-Flag | MGMT | Atreyu
Airborne Toxic Event | Flobots | The Whigs | Middle Class Rut | Drive A

SCION SUBSONIC TENT (3pm-11pm)
Moby | MSTRKRFT | DJ AM | Santogold | Steve Aoki | Lyrics Born
Mike Relm | PlayRadioPlay | DJ Omar | Richard Oh | HOTTUB | DJ Miles

SOUNDCHECK LOCAL MUSIC STAGE (1pm-6pm)
The Phenomenauts | Love Like Fire | Here Here | Magic Bullets
Apside | The Hundred Days | Federalists | The Action Design

Mike Relm is gonna be sick

chiapet
06-02-2008, 09:01 PM
if i see you im saying hi!!!!!!!

You better! Same goes for the rest of you, though I have no clue how you'd track me down. Look for someone who seems like they spend a lot of time on an internet message board, at a bay area concert, right?

dorkfish
06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Moby and MSTRKRFT are DJing with Motor at Mezzanine for the after party.

BlackSwan
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Moby and MSTRKRFT are DJing with Motor at Mezzanine for the after party.

that was posted on here a couple weeks ago.

dorkfish
06-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I doubt that.

BlackSwan
06-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I doubt that.

Posted on 5/10...

the VERY SPECIAL guest performances are awesome, i promise.

Yes they are and I am soooo there after the show.

Motor:

http://www.myspace.com/motor66

Edit:

Okay, here you go:

THE BFD AFTERPARTY with
MOTER live plus
Guest DJs
MSTRKRFT
MOBY
SHIT DISCO

I'm sure you've been wrong before so you shouldn't be surprised.

dorkfish
06-03-2008, 12:27 PM
That's Photoshopped.

BlackSwan
06-03-2008, 01:03 PM
That's Photoshopped.

Page 349 of the Upcoming Shows thread asshole.

full on idle
06-03-2008, 01:54 PM
not a big joke picker-upper are you there, Black Swan?

chrislasf
06-03-2008, 01:58 PM
totally photoshopped.

what an idiot.

BlackSwan
06-03-2008, 02:01 PM
not a big joke picker-upper are you there, Black Swan?

i'm a fan of funny jokes.

dorkfish
06-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Page 349 of the Upcoming Shows thread asshole.
Unfortunately, I have my forum options set to only show 5 posts per page, can you also change yours to match my 5 posts per page preference and then let me know which page I should be looking at? My page 349 is from ages ago.

BlackSwan
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately, I have my forum options set to only show 5 posts per page, can you also change yours to match my 5 posts per page preference and then let me know which page I should be looking at? My page 349 is from ages ago.

nice try...:thu

forum default is your friend.

dorkfish
06-03-2008, 02:28 PM
and scene.

fikus222
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I am going to both BFD and the Afterparty. I will be there with my concert casualty wife, who is on crutches after tearing her ACL at the DNA Lounge last week (she caught an accidental boot to her knee).

I found out who the special guests were at the Afterparty way in advance by being on Popscene's mailing list. They also provided a password to type into Webtickets, which will get you $12 tickets: neonknights <- the password still works.

chiapet
06-03-2008, 02:50 PM
fikus, I will be at both too (provided I can stay awake late enough for the after party). Say hi or something.

fikus222
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
fikus, I will be at both too (provided I can stay awake late enough for the after party). Say hi or something.

Will do :) we should be easy to spot due to the crutches :(

BlackSwan
06-03-2008, 04:38 PM
i will consider randomly coming up to you and saying hi too.

chiapet
06-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Good point. If I see a female on crutches, I will definitely ask if she is Mrs. Fikus.

I guess it's a good time to admit that I do answer to 'chia' in person, enough people call me that, that I will turn and look a bit embarrassedly.

Yablonowitz
06-03-2008, 06:18 PM

So was about 10,000 other posts, fuckface. Are you the kid who sat in the front of the class and said, "Teacher, you forgot to give us homework!!!!"?

RotationSlimWang
06-03-2008, 11:18 PM
In other words, are you the guy in my avatar?

Turn your head upside if necessary.

BlackSwan
06-04-2008, 08:53 AM
In other words, are you the guy in my avatar?

Turn your head upside if necessary.

there are worse people to be compared to... like you for example.

SFChrissy
06-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Good point. If I see a female on crutches, I will definitely ask if she is Mrs. Fikus.

I guess it's a good time to admit that I do answer to 'chia' in person, enough people call me that, that I will turn and look a bit embarrassedly.

Your name wouldn't be Tom Garcia would it...

fikus222
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Looks like they aren't going to release set times until you get into the venue.

They have provided the order of artists:

Bud Light Festival Stage (noon-8:30pm)
In this order: Drive A, Middle Class Rut, Airborne Toxic Event, The Whigs, Flobots, Atreyu, MGMT, Anti-Flag, The Kooks, Everlast, Alkaline Trio, Flogging Molly, Pennywise & Cypress Hill.

Soundcheck Local Music Stage (1pm-6pm)
In this order: The Federalists, Apside, Love Like Fire, The Hundred Days, Here Here, The Action Design, Magic Bullets & The Phenomenauts.

Scion Subsonic Tent (3pm-11pm)
In this order: DJ Miles, HOTTUB*, Richard Oh, DJ Omar, Playradioplay*, Lyrics Born*, Steve Aoki, DJ AM, Santogold*, MSTRKRFT & Moby.

Artists with asterisks* are actually performing instead of DJing.

Faq link:

http://www.live105.com/pages/2312071.php

Stainofmind
06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
i'll be there too.

Atreyu 2:15 - 2:45pm
Anti Flag 3:25 - 3:55pm
The Kooks 4:00 - 4:40pm
Everlast 4:45 - 5:15pm
Flogging Molly 6:05 - 6:45pm
Pennywise 6:50 - 7:35pm
Cypress Hill 7:40 - 8:30pm

Lyrics Born 5:40 - 6:20pm

scoop49er
06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
im looking forward to it. good all day warmpup for bonnaroo...

im going to check out:
the whigs, flobots, mgmt(if good, ill give them a shot at bonnaroo), the kooks,flogging molly, pennywise, cypress hill, lyrics born and mstrkrft(same deal as mgmt).

chiapet
06-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I am hoping they'll still post the set times on Saturday morning.

Depending on times, planning on seeing: The Whigs, MGMT, The Kooks, Flogging Molly, Cypress Hill, Lyrics Born. I guess I should listen up on some of the soundcheck stage bands.

Cdubby
06-04-2008, 08:17 PM
i guess this will be my day-

MGMT, Anti-Flag, The Kooks, Everlast, Alkaline Trio, Flogging Molly, Pennywise, MSTRKRFT, Moby

fikus222
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Is the consensus that the Shoreline parking/traffic situation will be the worst around 2-3 o'clock ?

Edit:

So the After Party goes from 10pm - 3am. So what do we think, MSTRKRFT on at 1am and Moby at 2am ? Or would they be on even earlier ?

AJS415
06-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm only headed to the afterparty.

My guess is that MSTRKRFT and Moby are scheduled for 1am and 2am like you said, but most likely they are running late and end up playing shorter sets starting at about 1:30-2.

kitt kat
06-05-2008, 09:41 AM
ok got my tix. my friend and i will be there whoooo.

BlackSwan
06-05-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm only headed to the afterparty.

My guess is that MSTRKRFT and Moby are scheduled for 1am and 2am like you said, but most likely they are running late and end up playing shorter sets starting at about 1:30-2.

the Mezzanine is going to be such a mess, there is no way they didn't oversell it.

mistdevil
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
I NEED A CARPOOL, motel to venue?/ somebody chill??

chiapet
06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
fikus, that sounds about right. I am going to check again tomorrow to see if they've posted the set times (I'm having a hard time believing they are not posting them tomorrow), and then probably just head down around noon or 1.

As for getting out of the parking lots at night, I've never had a really horrible experience leaving Shoreline. There is a ton of traffic but at least it is constantly moving.

I would not expect MSTRKRFT or Moby at Mezzanine before 1. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to try to drive there or not (I'll have a car tomorrow), I don't know how bad parking is on Saturday nights in that area these days.

Hahaha, this from the BFD page just cracked me up:
Q: What am I not allowed to bring into Shoreline?
A: You are not allowed to bring professional cameras (this includes small, medium or large detachable lenses), camping chairs in carrying bags, video or audio recording devices, laser pointers, sharp or dangerous items such as weapons, knives, spiked items, chains, fireworks & mace. If these items are in your possession when attempting to enter the gate, you will be asked to check in the prohibited item at Guest Services. You will be able to retrieve your items upon leaving the venue after the completion of the show.

BlackSwan
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
sneaky bastards. it would really be lame if they didn't release set times, but it would make a lot of sense from their perspective.

chiapet
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Well, it would probably help distribute the crowds more evenly throughout the afternoon. I am a little worried that MGMT might play early though, so I might just show up around noonish.

BlackSwan
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
You will be able to retrieve your items upon leaving the venue after the completion of the show.[/B][/I]

i didnt read that far down, that is hilar.

crazzz2007
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
no but this is out
BUDLIGHT FESTIVAL STAGE (noon-8:30pm)
Cypress Hill | Pennywise | Flogging Molly | Alkaline Trio
The Kooks | Everlast | Anti-Flag | MGMT | Atreyu
Airborne Toxic Event | Flobots | The Whigs | Middle Class Rut | Drive A

SCION SUBSONIC TENT (3pm-11pm)
Moby | MSTRKRFT | DJ AM | Santogold | Steve Aoki | Lyrics Born
Mike Relm | PlayRadioPlay | DJ Omar | Richard Oh | HOTTUB | DJ Miles

SOUNDCHECK LOCAL MUSIC STAGE (1pm-6pm)
The Phenomenauts | Love Like Fire | Here Here | Magic Bullets
Apside | The Hundred Days | Federalists | The Action Design

Mike Relm is gonna be sick

what the hell? 20 minute sets for everyone. how horrible.

crazzz2007
06-05-2008, 05:28 PM

I doubt that.

dorkfish = supre

sk8r408
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
what the hell? 20 minute sets for everyone. how horrible.

30 minutes for early bands up to an hour and 10 minutes for headliners.
They are leaving 5 minutes for set changes.

Well, it would probably help distribute the crowds more evenly throughout the afternoon. I am a little worried that MGMT might play early though, so I might just show up around noonish.

MGMT is playing from 2:50-3:20

BlackSwan
06-05-2008, 09:30 PM
30 minutes for early bands up to an hour and 10 minutes for headliners.
They are leaving 5 minutes for set changes.
MGMT is playing from 2:50-3:20

very good to know.

dorkfish = supre

:rotfl

gmoneyak
06-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I'll be trollin' around BFD tomorrow then heading out to the afterparty at Mezz, If you guys actually recognize me, make sure and holla!

e134k
06-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Festival Stage Set Time Length Interview Autograph
Drive A 1130-1150a 20min
Middle Class Rut 12-1225p 25
Airborne Toxic Event 1230-100 30
The Whigs 105-135 30 11am 1130
Flobots 140-210 30 1130 12p
Atreyu 215-245 30 12p 1230

MGMT 250-320 30 123 1p
Anti-Flag 325-355 30 1pm 130
The Kooks 400-440 40 130 200
Everlast 445-515 30 200 230p
Alkaline Trio 520-600 40 230 300
Flogging Molly 605-645 40 3 330
Pennywise 650-735 45 330 400
Cypress Hill 740-830 50 400 420p

Subsonic Tent
DJ Miles 200-230 30
HOTTUB 230-300 30
Richard Oh 300-330 30
DJ Omar 330-420 40
PlayRadioPlay 420-500 40
Mike Relm 500-540 40
Lyrics Born 540-620 40
Steve Aoki 620-720 60
DJ AM 720-820 60
Santogold 820-850pm 30
MSTRKRFT 850-10pm 70
Moby 10-11pm 60 9pm

Local Stage
The Federalists 100-125 25
Apside 140-205pm 25
Love Like Fire 220-245 25
The Hundred Days 305-330 25
Here Here 345-405pm 25
The Action Design 420-445 25min
Magic Bullets 500-525 25
The Phenomenauts 540-615 35

BlackSwan
06-06-2008, 01:18 PM
thx lurky

fikus222
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Nice, no conflicts on my schedule !!!

scoop49er
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
thats about right. i plan on getting there by 1130-12 cuz i wanna make sure and check out the whigs and then its on! :)

BlackSwan
06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
ugh, i dunno if i really feel like getting there so early. why the hell is MGMT at 2:50.

Mr.Nipples
06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
ill be going...

Cdubby
06-06-2008, 03:38 PM
im just going to sit at the festival stage all day then head over to the subsonic tent, what an easy day

Stainofmind
06-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Would you guys believe it sold out.

20,000 people are expected.

gmoneyak
06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Cypress Hill's autograph session is at 420, huhuhuhuhuh...

Stainofmind
06-07-2008, 07:36 AM
heres the link for the Webcast

http://www.live105.com/pages/2304006.php

kitt kat
06-07-2008, 01:05 PM
poop. we missed meeting mgmt for the upteenth time. i was really looking forward to andrew recognizing me AGAIN. haha

Geno_g
06-08-2008, 12:20 AM
MGMT put on a good show but the techs were slacking and they had PA problems but it wasn't their fault, but pulled through with a sick set, all the songs off their album I wanted them to play, they did.

Cypress hill got that place going, did anyone else feel the bass from their set, you could feel it in your chest, sick show for $10

GnarVee
06-08-2008, 04:02 AM
snuck in....blazed with Cypress Hill.....got my pipe signed!

scoop49er
06-08-2008, 05:54 AM
bfd 08 was really good this year. personally I prefer them not using the amphitheatre but they could of opened up the grass area so people could hang out cuz it was fuckin crowded!!! the flobots were excellent. what the fuck was that hot tub act in the tent? I saw about 10 people pass out drunk and I've seen cypress hill 10 times at different festivals but this one I've never seen so much weed and smoke in the air. I had contacts highs all day and got smoked out by one of cypress hill's crew while I was in the front row to the side. overall it was a lot of fun lots of good music and a good warmup for my bonnaroo trip.....

shakermaker113
06-08-2008, 08:00 AM
what the fuck was that hot tub act in the tent?

hot tub are AWFUL. avoid at all costs.

chiapet
06-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Did any of you make it to the show at Mezzanine? I was too tired...

Geno_g
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Damn the security was lax, they didn't even touch me, but I smoked so much during Cypress, it was my first time seeing them, and man that whole crowd was HIGH!

scoop49er
06-08-2008, 10:22 AM
yeah security was super laxed but friendly so it went well....

Stainofmind
06-08-2008, 12:39 PM
best performances out of the day for me were Lyrics Born and The Kooks.

fikus222
06-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Did any of you make it to the show at Mezzanine? I was too tired...

We made it, it wasn't overly packed and MSTRKRFT even performed a different set than BFDs.

Overall, it was a really fun day. We spent more money than we would have liked ($15 parking and $12 beers) and the main stage's sound system sucked and the tent's sound system would bottom out, but we really enjoyed ourselves.

Highlights included the Phenomenauts, Santogold and MSTRKRFT.

We also weren't searched at either BFD or the After Party. What was annoying were the High School parent volunteers selling beer, they would card you every time, even though you had a wristband and I noticed that they wouldn't sell to you if you didn't have a wristband.

gmoneyak
06-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I didn't make it afterall, last second complications, but I did catch most of the webcast.

From what I saw Santogold impressed, MSTRKRFT looked fun, Moby's Dj set was boring, and Lyrics Born put on another good show.

Also.. Steve Aoki was lame, and DJ AM was spinning Weezer.

fikus222
06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Also.. Steve Aoki was lame, and DJ AM was spinning Weezer.

DJ Aoki was pretty good, while DJ AM is a total hack.

Moby's choice of material was actually surprisingly good.

gmoneyak
06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I liked the songs that Moby spinned, it's just after Mstrkrft it seemed really uninteresting.

chiapet
06-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Weird, I was searched pretty thoroughly (at BFD). I was considering going to Mezzanine, but was tired and would have wanted to change and ended up just staying home.

Overall it wasn't bad. I got off to a late start and arrived just as MGMT went on (was actually still in line for the first two songs). Caught a few minutes of the Hundred Days, Anti-Flag, the Kooks, playradioplay, about half of Mike Relm (the tent was running really late), part of Alkaline Trio, Flogging molly, a little bit of Steve Aoki, Cypress Hill, MSTRKRFT and Moby. I wanted to see Lyrics Born but the tent was running way too late.

It was way hotter than I expected (which was nice... except I dressed all wrong and was too warm most of the day), but beats the weather in SF. :) As is usual with this type of event at shoreline, I was getting pretty annoyed with frat boys who don't know how to behave in/near a pit.

fikus222
06-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I liked the songs that Moby spinned, it's just after Mstrkrft it seemed really uninteresting.

Totally.

BlackSwan
06-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Moby's Dj set was boring

DJ Aoki was pretty good, while DJ AM is a total hack.

Moby's choice of material was actually surprisingly good.

Totally.

you guys are crazy. DJ AM is good at what he does... spinning corny music. he's a dj for people who like bad music, kudos to him. Aoki is pretty much the same. but a little cooler. MSTRKRFT are djs for people who don't actually like to dance, but like to feel cool and are for the most part are dirty. Moby is a real dj, pro, all the way.

all of MSTRKRFT sounded the same btw... the whole crowd and vibe and BFD was horrible for the most part and the fact that none of you mentioned it only means ones thing... i'll let you figure it out.

luckily there were some great performances from Lyrics Born, Santogold and Moby, def made it worth it.

Moby...
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/6273/moby1st2.jpg

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/4522/moby22as5.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7097/moby3pq2.jpg

...unfortunate if the above sounds pretentious or assholish to you in anyway, it's the truth.

gmoneyak
06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I wasn't there dumbfuck

shakermaker113
06-08-2008, 10:00 PM
It was way hotter than I expected (which was nice... except I dressed all wrong and was too warm most of the day), but beats the weather in SF. :)

that's lucky, my experiences at shoreline have often been colder than expected. we had a beautiful day in SF sat though.

MSTRKRFT are djs for people who don't actually like to dance, but like to feel cool

rofl!

fikus222
06-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Blackswan, you have been a total punk ass on the boards lately and now you've brought me into your world of bunched panties...

the whole crowd and vibe and BFD was horrible for the most part and the fact that none of you mentioned it only means ones thing... i'll let you figure it out.

Maybe we didn't find it worth mentioning because we don't feel it necessary to harp on the obvious, duh you were at a Live 105 show.

Having said that, everyone that my wife and I interacted with were friendly, nice and courteous. We made concert buddies with several people and everybody was more than willing to accommodate my concert casualty wife.

Even the drunk retards that were there for bands like Pennywise behaved themselves after the main stage was shut down.

MSTRKRFT are djs for people who don't actually like to dance, but like to feel cool and are for the most part are dirty.

Every time that I have seen MSTRKRFT everyone dances their asses off. Do you or your fiance even dance at shows ? And I won't even bother with the feel cool or dirty parts of your statement.

Moby is a real dj, pro, all the way.

Moby spun pretty much flawlessly and I enjoyed his music selection.

You didn't think it wasn't a teensie bit pretentious that Moby kept working the crowd over and over for adulation ? Maybe the fact that you didn't mention it says something about you.

Oh yeah, I saw Moby live in '00 with Hybrid opening, so why am I going to get all worked up for a DJ set ?

Luckily there were some great performances from Lyrics Born, Santogold and Moby, def made it worth it.

Santogold was really really good. I skipped Lyrics Born, I am going to see him at OSL and during his set we had a great time with the Phenomenauts anyway.

BlackSwan
06-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Blackswan, you have been a total punk ass on the boards lately and now you've brought me into your world of bunched panties...

fun:winkiss

Having said that, everyone that my wife and I interacted with were friendly, nice and courteous. We made concert buddies with several people and everybody was more than willing to accommodate my concert casualty wife.

yea, some people there were cool, that's true.

Even the drunk retards that were there for bands like Pennywise behaved themselves after the main stage was shut down.

you saw pennywise?

Every time that I have seen MSTRKRFT everyone dances their asses off. Do you or your fiance even dance at shows ?

it's different and yes. where were you? if you were on the left side of the tent near the front at all you saw me.

And I won't even bother with the feel cool or dirty parts of your statement.

because that's the scene.

You didn't think it wasn't a teensie bit pretentious that Moby kept working the crowd over and over for adulation ? Maybe the fact that you didn't mention it says something about you.

what do you call standing back with a cigarette looking like you are too cool to be alive? Moby played a better set than them and he did it by himself.

Oh yeah, I saw Moby live in '00 with Hybrid opening, so why am I going to get all worked up for a DJ set ?

because he played Underworld and it was a blast. old school electronic style. the ending paradise city i could have done without.

fikus222
06-08-2008, 11:31 PM
you saw pennywise?

Sort of, my wife was curious, but a 1/2 song was all that we could stand. She used to like them in '95, back when she and I used to hang out at Gilman.

What I meant was that the people with poor music taste that were wasted and wandering around after the main stage was shut down didn't really cause any problems. Maybe because they wandered off to their cars, but I was expecting a few fights to break out due to their lack of anything to do.

it's different and yes. where were you? if you were on the left side of the tent near the front at all you saw me.

We were probably no more than 10 feet behind you near one of the concrete tent anchors, which was perfect for my wife to rest her leg with. She forgot about her knee a few times and was dancing during Moby and MSTRKRFT's sets, which she is paying for today.

what do you call standing back with a cigarette looking like you are too cool to be alive?

Yeah, I think that they enjoyed themselves, but were a little pissed about the laptop situation and the fact that they couldn't really be drinking yet. At the Mezzanine they were a bit more happy and were happily passing the Crown around.

because he played Underworld and it was a blast. old school electronic style. the ending paradise city i could have done without.

We were unable to make it to the end of Moby's set. We left at the halfway mark, so that we could limp back to the car and then drive to the city for the After Party.

Stupid sound tech had issues during MSTRKRFT's set, thankfully they fixed it by the time Moby came on.

I thought it was hilarious when Moby was doing one of his 'stand in corner of stage and raise arms for applause' routines at the Mezzanine and some girl (I think) felt him up under his shirt and he jumped back in surprise/dismay.

BlackSwan
06-08-2008, 11:49 PM
We were probably no more than 10 feet behind you near one of the concrete tent anchors, which was perfect for my wife to rest her leg with. She forgot about her knee a few times and was dancing during Moby and MSTRKRFT's sets, which she is paying for today.

we were near one of those too. did you ever see a girl in a pink dress?

chiapet
06-09-2008, 09:26 AM
fikus, I was kind of looking for you and your wife, but never saw any chicks on crutches. I was feeling pretty bad for her though, there were not a lot of places to sit and it would suck to be hobbling around for 12 hours.

BlackSwan, I mentioned that the crowd was a bit douchey but didn't feel like I needed to dwell on it. (Probably helps that I ranted to my friends about it on Saturday, LOL). Pretty much every show I've been to at Shoreline is like that.

I will go on the record as saying Moby was far better than I expected but still kinda boring. just my opinion :)

BlackSwan
06-09-2008, 09:30 AM
BlackSwan, I mentioned that the crowd was a bit douchey but didn't feel like I needed to dwell on it. (Probably helps that I ranted to my friends about it on Saturday, LOL). Pretty much every show I've been to at Shoreline is like that.

I will go on the record as saying Moby was far better than I expected but still kinda boring. just my opinion :)

sorry, didn't see that.

to make matters worse MSTRKRFT were talking shit to Moby at the after party. super cool.

chiapet
06-09-2008, 09:34 AM
I wish I'd gone to the after party, but I've had the flu for almost a week and yet stupidly drank on Saturday. Was feeling pretty queasy by midnight. :)

BlackSwan
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I wish I'd gone to the after party, but I've had the flu for almost a week and yet stupidly drank on Saturday. Was feeling pretty queasy by midnight. :)

i didn't go either. being at shoreline all day took it out of me and i used the last of my energy for Moby and the long ass walk to the car.

SFChrissy
06-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Hope you guys had fun...I was in absolute bliss at the Harmony Festival!!!

scoop49er
06-09-2008, 12:51 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fikus222
06-09-2008, 03:01 PM
to make matters worse MSTRKRFT were talking shit to Moby at the after party. super cool.

Really ?? I saw them talking to Moby on stage towards the end of their set at the Mezzanine. I just figured that they were discussing setting him up for his set. MSTRKRFT did have a lot of 'hanger's on' hanging around them on the stage, those people are always so gay. I don't think that there really is a cool way to look while on stage in that capacity.

If there was some artist rivalry, you do have to remember that Moby has a pretty vocal and forcible personality himself.

BlackSwan
06-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Really ?? I saw them talking to Moby on stage towards the end of their set at the Mezzanine. I just figured that they were discussing setting him up for his set. MSTRKRFT did have a lot of 'hanger's on' hanging around them on the stage, those people are always so gay. I don't think that there really is a cool way to look while on stage in that capacity.

If there was some artist rivalry, you do have to remember that Moby has a pretty vocal and forcible personality himself.

he def does, but it stemmed from them going 20 mins over there time. did you see a girl in a pink dress at the tent at BFD?

fikus222
06-09-2008, 03:14 PM
he def does, but it stemmed from them going 20 mins over there time. did you see a girl in a pink dress at the tent at BFD?

Oh I see, that definitely deserves a talking to, especially when it is spilling over into the headliner's time slot.

I personally didn't notice a girl in a pink dress, but I'll ask my wife, she picks up on a lot of the stuff that I miss. She was wearing jeans and a loose yellow top and I was wearing jeans and a light short sleeved shirt.

fikus222
06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
fikus, I was kind of looking for you and your wife, but never saw any chicks on crutches. I was feeling pretty bad for her though, there were not a lot of places to sit and it would suck to be hobbling around for 12 hours.

Actually, she ditched the crutches at home and it wasn't that big of a deal finding places to rest. We copped a squat during the Kooks' set, hung out near the sonic soundboard for PlayRadioPlay and DJ Aoki, we set up in between the tents next to the local stage for the Phenomenauts and were at the tent anchors for Santogold, MSTRKRFT and Moby. The After Party was almost too much, but we were able to find seats during our smoke breaks. Her knee hurt something fierce yesterday, but it is a lot better today.

mistdevil
06-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I thought dj am and steve aoki actually played decent sets.. because they weren't too drunk or high...

Cdubby
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
I had a great time......

my favorites were MGMT (so much better than that shit at coachella, imo), Pennywise, and Moby. MSTRKRFT was fun and so was Flogging Molly, a mighty fine 10 bucks spent.

fikus222
06-09-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought dj am and steve aoki actually played decent sets.. because they weren't too drunk or high...

I did like he Steve Aoki, he was entertaining. DJ AM rubbed me the wrong way, I get tired of everybody spinning Daft Punk and DJ AM spun 3 DP songs and threw in a Z-Trip remix and a Weezer song. I just thought that it was too much of a rip off.

fikus222
06-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Moby
http://imgsrv.live105.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200806/2583811.jpg
MSTRKRFT
http://imgsrv.live105.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200806/2602915.jpg
Santogold
http://imgsrv.live105.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200806/2583808.jpg
Phenomenauts
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2565552032_9a3b9a9c5e.jpg?v=0
PlayRadioPlay
http://imgsrv.live105.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/200806/2603056.jpg

Link to a video of Moby's set:

http://www.live105.com/pages/2330959.php

Link to Podcasts of various BFD interviews:

http://www.live105.com/LIVE-105-BFD-2008-Podcast/2312644

Geno_g
06-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah MGMT and Cypress Hill was my "HIGH"light of the BFD

MGMT
http://a761.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/109/l_36a9363ac87f22246207dc5834f64678.jpg

MGMT
http://a550.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_e2f58c78236e3495237359dd3cca395d.jpg

MGMT
http://a979.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/43/l_6e48bedcc668c55a79d171cfbaa8e97a.jpg

Cypress Hill - B real
http://a789.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/120/l_35ff9ee068425b206dbc99af730d27bc.jpg

Cypress Hill
http://a311.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_6a386bbf5796a25fd4060994fe535526.jpg

Cypress Hill - SMOKE BREAK
http://a925.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/18/l_b1f89671cf3513673d02fc8ae2d280a4.jpg

MOBY
http://a813.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/l_9520dcd238e5811b9578c19a4ee26c04.jpg

MOBY
http://a489.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/102/l_2f6bdc506b3d9542c374bba4f4a66430.jpg

MOBY - the top got cut off.
http://a763.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/118/l_919f64ec1ec3cc5b35e892d473451bda.jpg

GnarVee
06-13-2008, 09:12 PM
tryn to get a bootleg of moby's / steve aoki / dj am sets

thanks

mistdevil
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
lol why? it wasnt even their best sets.

tubescape
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
been away from the computer for a little over a week, but wanted to give my take on the event. first off, F*CK YOU LIVE 105 or whoever set up the $15 parking. I got a message from them a few days before with a FAQ about the event and it specifically stated parking would be $6. Then I called the station about 11am the day of the event to confirm it since all of sudden that part of the FAQ was missing, and the chick on the air told me $4. I get there, wait in a little traffic see signs pointing to the lots, no mention of cost whatsoever until about 30ft before the lot entrance. I question the guy taking the money and he was total douche. Anyways, just a lousy start to the day. $15 for a dusty lot with prick cops cirlcing making sure nobody was going to have any fun. Made it in time to catch MGMT which was a nice set to start the day. Probably my favorite set on the main stage, as Pennywise and Cypress Hill just didn't do much for me. Most of the highlights were actually surprises, bands I've never seen, and playing in the subsonic tent. PlayRadioPlay kind of blew me away. Never heard of them and their music really resonated with what I'm into at the moment. Santogold was also very impressive in my eyes. MSTRKRFT seemed overhyped. Set was OK, but nothing like the expectations that had built up in my head. Moby was boring. I laughed out loud when he was doing some form of jumping jacks to get the crowd to applaud him. Blah. Overall, the event was worth the $10. Just wasn't to thrilled about the $70 I dropped on parking, food, and drinks. I think BFD stands for Bros, Flatbills, and Dipsh*ts. By the looks of 70% of the crowd I could've sworn I was at a gig in Riverside, not the Bay Area.

Bud Luster
06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I think BFD stands for Bros, Flatbills, and Dipsh*ts.

Oh shit! HAHAHAHAHAHA!