PDA

View Full Version : Noticing a DECLINE in people with good music tastes attending coachella

WastedTime
05-25-2008, 09:10 PM
---

Hannahrain
05-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I love it when people misspell "intelligence".

NicoDread
05-25-2008, 09:16 PM
fuck you dude, who cares if someone has what you think is "bad" music taste, just let it be.

Boourns
05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Somebody was talking about how incredible Jack Johnson was before Prince and acted as if Jack bringing out whats-his-name was as epic as a Smiths reunion. Lulz.

Hopeless Semantic
05-25-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't know what is actually worse; Coachella with elitist music snobs or so-called scenesters with questionable taste in music.

Better yet--who cares? Enjoy it in your own manner.

Boourns
05-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it doesn't really matter unless they ruin it for everyone by booing the non-aggro bands playing before aggro bands, setting stuff on fire, etc.

But then again, if a lot of people start demanding crappy bands, we might get them.

Hannahrain
05-25-2008, 09:25 PM
I've noticed a decline in people who notice declines in things.

gmoneyak
05-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Some kid this year right before booka shade told me that booka shade has the same sound setup that Underworld does, and so I then told him he was an idiot and has no real friends who actually have any intellegence and sifted back towards the back of the tent. Anyone else noticing this ???

Your whole post was fucking retarded, but, what the hell does this have anything to do with bad music taste?

Hopeless Semantic
05-25-2008, 09:27 PM
That would be the death of Coachella for me--the insertion of bands for the sake of infusing fabricated popularity.

However, in the 4 that I've been to, it hasn't been the case.

Thanks Jeebus!

TomAz
05-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Every time Nico Dread posts, the avatar makes me think it's Dani, and then it's not.

TomAz
05-25-2008, 09:34 PM
way to be coherent.

TomAz
05-25-2008, 09:37 PM
also, friend, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel then complaining that it's dregs.

Boourns
05-25-2008, 09:39 PM
my head hurts

Young blood
05-25-2008, 09:40 PM
fuck music.

Hannahrain
05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I think I love this thread. WastedTime, tell us about yourself.

Hannahrain
05-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Tell me about your childhood. I would like to hear an anecdote or two. Maybe a fun one and a sad one.

Young blood
05-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Wanna have sex? im frustrated, out of town and cant find ANY whors, I almost begging

Im 12.

Hannahrain
05-25-2008, 09:47 PM
While that's both fun AND sad, it doesn't really qualify as an anecdote. Thank you for your participation, though. Everyone will get a trophy.

captncrzy
05-25-2008, 09:48 PM
so im pretty much a jack ass for the most part.

mmmmmmhmmmmmm

Young blood
05-25-2008, 09:49 PM
inches.

LOL <3!

Hannahrain
05-25-2008, 09:49 PM
That's inappropriate.

TomAz
05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
GLORIOUS BRAINFUCK!!! SARCASM!!! gasp, pointless post.... you and everyone else on this thread no's im not fucking together and probably not even making any sense. your post is pointless, So is this one, way to go for starting a downward spiral of shitty insults

i think you're an alias.

which, of course, is pointless.

jazzz
05-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Hint Wastedtime from New Jersey

Young blood
05-25-2008, 09:53 PM
kitt katt.

captncrzy
05-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Aliases are ghey.

anti-square
05-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Aliai

captncrzy
05-25-2008, 10:09 PM
alias-shaped snickers bars.

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Somebody was talking about how incredible Jack Johnson was before Prince and acted as if Jack bringing out whats-his-name was as epic as a Smiths reunion. Lulz.

who did Jack bring out?

Boourns
05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Matt Costa

Boourns
05-25-2008, 11:03 PM
tl;dr

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 11:05 PM
we give participation medals to all, unfortunately it says "1st place scrabble" on the back and has a star on the front, im the only person recieving a prize simply because well my level of douchebagery includes all forms of the self impression that i am number 1, 2, and 3, 4 - 10 go to my dog alfie.

WELL where should i begin.... sad or funny... hmmmm, life is just slurry of shit so ill just say as much as i can.(Less of an anecdote more of a subjectless spiel) I was raised by my grandparents, my mom died in childbirth, eh doesnt bother me yeah it sucks w/e, my dad dropped me left me with my grandparents instead, i dont really think much of it. I was forced to grow up in a religious house in an EXTREMELY rural town in you guess it UTAH, i was lutheran not mormon while it lasted, but i stand agnostic after realizing that The Brothers Karamazov is really just the conflict of an idealistic life and immorality that exist with the intention to find a "cure" for immorality. So from months in age til about 16 i was under christian rule, life was just a complete rebellion. I am a farmboy, and currently own 19 chickens, for hobby. Im 23 and just finished graduate school, if i told you what I got it in you would either laugh or call me a liar but ill tell you later in my spiel. I graduated highschool at 16, I never fit in when i lived in utah, no to sound even more narcisstic than i have but i was always surrounded with people who were extremely flaud thinkers, I ran cross-country and wrestled in highschool, I started the speech and debate team and it ended when i left, I just tagged along with the school 60 miles south of us in Salt Lake. I hated every second of highschool... I was forced to do the majority of the things i did while i lived there but then the second i got out I moved to salt lake and went to U of U where i met Will Bardini and Jarom Guthrie. I failed to metion my name, i share the same name elliot smith does( LUCKY ME HUH IM SOOOO COOOL, pawnfucks) Steven Paul Smith. The three of us became very close friends. I transfered schools to Harvey Mudd in Claremont. I really at the time had not understanding of money since my dad was very well off and paid for all the stuff i did but i never really talked to him he just gave supposedly a large amount of money, so i purchased a small house in claremont and Jarom and Will came to live with me(its alot easier to make money in california than in utah AND its much more fun here since i didnt charge rent.) We at this time started a ambient/IDM group called MomentuM (just search under music at myspace momentum) , when i graduated from Harvey Mudd(i transfered from U of U, jay and will didnt move in til '04) in '06 in applied mathematics i was accepted to UCLA premed/neuroscience department and planned to go there, during the summer i traveled and when i got back home from my vacation my dad had been stricken ill with colon cancer, i went to see him immediately, he was a University of Washington/seattle's care facility (I had also been accepted there with intentions of going into neurology). He asked me if i had any money, so i left momentum, sadly, and moved up north to pay for my dads treatment +my schooling. I left me broke so i became very worried about money issues, I decided to switch my field to something much more lucrative before it was too late, neuropharmacology or more basic study of brain chemicals. then into my second year my dad killed himself. yeah gravy now do you fucks understand why i hate life. Try spending everything you have, love, need on hope just to have shit like that fuck you over, its just makes you jaded. But it ended up my dad did have the money, he just wanted to see if i cared at all, then he just kind of did not want to admit it, felt guilty and just boom HEADSHOT, im terrible fuck, thats my own dad, eh w/e anyways he left me a little bit of money, i had always been in contact with Jay so i talked to him about the band more in depth one day, I gave them some money to get production back up long ago like in about Dec 2005, and well they are doing well, ill go back once i get my shit together. yes im youn 23, im in research at the moment, currently in a hotel on my laptop and in fresno I plan to get my doctorate in a brain/chemical biology, possible a med officiated doctorate i dont know. I get bored easily, kinda sobering up dont know what else i forgot ugh, I have terrible insomnia, and basically immune to hangovers at this point, my favorite drink it the highschoolers special, the Jaegerbomb

this is me guys. lulz.

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
kill yourself.

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:19 PM
I would like to hear this dude cry about stuff some more.

kitt kat
05-25-2008, 11:28 PM
You had me from "my mom died in childbirth"

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Reading it made me wish I had died in childbirth.

Hopeless Semantic
05-25-2008, 11:30 PM
lol.

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed the dramatic increase in genuinely intriguing fucking crazy people wandering onto the board? This dude, the dude whose avatar is the anthropomorphic loaf of bread, they're everywhere.

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 11:38 PM
where is this bread person you speak of? Maybe nipples is getting into some different kinds of drugs?

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:39 PM
You haven't seen him? The dude who started like two threads involving the Karate Kid, as played by Ralph Nachio? I wanna know what the hell that guy's deal is too.

Wasted, please continue being totally batshit. Thank you.

humanoid
05-25-2008, 11:41 PM
the world would be dreadfully boring without genuine insanity

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Holy shit, this is totally the Nachio guy. He made an alias. It has to be.

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
wait, you are the bread dude?

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:43 PM
He is, he has to be. Hold on, I'll bump the evidence, Roadkillhighway or something is the other name. No way two so similarly fucking nutjob people have stumbled on here in the last month.

Hopeless Semantic
05-25-2008, 11:46 PM
I remember that Ralph M. thread...He chastized people for saying Macchio and not Naccio or something along those lines.

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:52 PM
No, I'm quite finished, thank you. Please, go on, though. So what do you do now? How many victims do you have?

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I saw your bump. Meh. I dont know.

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Sounds like the same drunken psychopathy. Your opinion is worth dick, Kreutz.

kreutz2112
05-25-2008, 11:57 PM
I dont care enough to form an opinion.

Ardentbiscuit
05-26-2008, 12:02 AM
I wouldn't worry about people who go to Coachella, this year if anything proves that mostly only real music fans attended.

I would worry about people who like the Walt Disney/Hollywood Records/Buena Vista/etc. record label groups with huge block buster acts like...

Hannah Montana
Cheetah Girls
Aj & Aly
Jonas Brothers
Plain White T's
etc.

Any good artists they've had on the labels they have for the most part dropped.

They've realized they can exploit kids for millions of dollars for mediocre artists that make them feel special and make the kids guilt their parents into buying them cds, dvds, concert tickets, etc.

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:04 AM
I'll take the social, sure, why not. So when's the last time you got a chick pregnant?

kreutz2112
05-26-2008, 12:04 AM
god I love exploiting the weak.

Ardentbiscuit
05-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Well i wouldnt refer to them as victims seeing as it is probably just as good for them as it is for me its just how good it is for them is not my objective... But right now im working for _____ I check for hazerdous chemicals in factories and make sure powerplants have no explosive/electroreactant/corrosion chemicals that could harm or ruin equipment... Do you want my social security number too?

You must be this guy...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ItMPBB2_s2M

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Ardent, shut the fuck up.

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Any time you want to drug and then lay nutz to this face, please, by all means.

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Answer my question, Wasted--when's the last time you knocked somebody up?

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:13 AM
What were your conclusions from that experiment?

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Ever been raped?

Xenocide
05-26-2008, 12:32 AM
irronically, i was thinking that wastedtime and the nachio guy were both thelastgreatcuntrag... but now that would mean he's really, really talking to himself...

of course, i also have a theory that LGM is also really Supre and he's hiding in plain sight, but whatever... hehe

PassiveTheory
05-26-2008, 12:38 AM
irronically, i was thinking that wastedtime and the nachio guy were both thelastgreatcuntrag... but now that would mean he's really, really talking to himself...

of course, i also have a theory that LGM is also really Supre and he's hiding in plain sight, but whatever... hehe

No, that's just a stupid theory.

thelastgreatman
05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
+ 10 for forcing me to visualize the phrase "monkey slit."

BROKENDOLL
05-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Still dont give a fuck about the fact that you guys think im elitist, smuther myself in music 24/7, or cant get to bed until i jack off to my image at night while telling myself about how cool i am for knowing so much about music, Ummm, im no psychologist but im pretty sure insomnia's side effects are worse that a drunk belligerant narcissistic asshole who has nothing better to do with his time then to talk to sober people on this messageboard. Back to the subject though, yeah totally seeing it going down, just wanting to hear some stories..(underbreath mumble) sfsfgs fd cakegobbling strapfucks

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/JMY1988/aidenscakeface.jpg And who the fuck are you callin' a cakegobbling strapfuck?

BROKENDOLL
05-26-2008, 01:13 AM
GLORIOUS BRAINFUCK!!! SARCASM!!! gasp, pointless post.... you and everyone else on this thread no's im not fucking together and probably not even making any sense. your post is pointless, So is this one, way to go for starting a downward spiral of shitty insults Hey! Someone looking for an expert in the downward spiral of shitty insults department?

BROKENDOLL
05-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Hint Wastedtime from New Jersey Hmm, the thought crossed my mind too...

BROKENDOLL
05-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Sorry to disappoint, are you wrong about your assumptions alot? Disappoint me? Geez, I thought I'd peek in on the board and see what kind of freaks were around at 2:30 am...If you consider that an assumption, you can give me another +5 pts for being right this time...and certainly not disappointed, my friend!

Ardentbiscuit
05-26-2008, 07:18 AM
To answer the posts to me from wastedtime and thelastgreatman:

Hmmm, I actually don't really care enough to write a response. This board makes me so apathetic.

BROKENDOLL
05-26-2008, 08:29 AM
To answer the posts to me from wastedtime and thelastgreatman:

Hmmm, I actually don't really care enough to write a response. This board makes me so apathetic. I honestly believe that in order to survive the board member's welcoming behavior and loving nature, you have to be apathetic in order to appreciate it's finest qualities.

arbouler
05-26-2008, 08:37 AM
we give participation medals to all, unfortunately it says "1st place scrabble" on the back and has a star on the front, im the only person recieving a prize simply because well my level of douchebagery includes all forms of the self impression that i am number 1, 2, and 3, 4 - 10 go to my dog alfie.

WELL where should i begin.... sad or funny... hmmmm, life is just slurry of shit so ill just say as much as i can.(Less of an anecdote more of a subjectless spiel) I was raised by my grandparents, my mom died in childbirth, eh doesnt bother me yeah it sucks w/e, my dad dropped me left me with my grandparents instead, i dont really think much of it. I was forced to grow up in a religious house in an EXTREMELY rural town in you guess it UTAH, i was lutheran not mormon while it lasted, but i stand agnostic after realizing that The Brothers Karamazov is really just the conflict of an idealistic life and immorality that exist with the intention to find a "cure" for immorality. So from months in age til about 16 i was under christian rule, life was just a complete rebellion. I am a farmboy, and currently own 19 chickens, for hobby. Im 23 and just finished graduate school, if i told you what I got it in you would either laugh or call me a liar but ill tell you later in my spiel. I graduated highschool at 16, I never fit in when i lived in utah, no to sound even more narcisstic than i have but i was always surrounded with people who were extremely flaud thinkers, I ran cross-country and wrestled in highschool, I started the speech and debate team and it ended when i left, I just tagged along with the school 60 miles south of us in Salt Lake. I hated every second of highschool... I was forced to do the majority of the things i did while i lived there but then the second i got out I moved to salt lake and went to U of U where i met Will Bardini and Jarom Guthrie. I failed to metion my name, i share the same name elliot smith does( LUCKY ME HUH IM SOOOO COOOL, pawnfucks) Steven Paul Smith. The three of us became very close friends. I transfered schools to Harvey Mudd in Claremont. I really at the time had not understanding of money since my dad was very well off and paid for all the stuff i did but i never really talked to him he just gave supposedly a large amount of money, so i purchased a small house in claremont and Jarom and Will came to live with me(its alot easier to make money in california than in utah AND its much more fun here since i didnt charge rent.) We at this time started a ambient/IDM group called MomentuM (just search under music at myspace momentum) , when i graduated from Harvey Mudd(i transfered from U of U, jay and will didnt move in til '04) in '06 in applied mathematics i was accepted to UCLA premed/neuroscience department and planned to go there, during the summer i traveled and when i got back home from my vacation my dad had been stricken ill with colon cancer, i went to see him immediately, he was a University of Washington/seattle's care facility (I had also been accepted there with intentions of going into neurology). He asked me if i had any money, so i left momentum, sadly, and moved up north to pay for my dads treatment +my schooling. I left me broke so i became very worried about money issues, I decided to switch my field to something much more lucrative before it was too late, neuropharmacology or more basic study of brain chemicals. then into my second year my dad killed himself. yeah gravy now do you fucks understand why i hate life. Try spending everything you have, love, need on hope just to have shit like that fuck you over, its just makes you jaded. But it ended up my dad did have the money, he just wanted to see if i cared at all, then he just kind of did not want to admit it, felt guilty and just boom HEADSHOT, im terrible fuck, thats my own dad, eh w/e anyways he left me a little bit of money, i had always been in contact with Jay so i talked to him about the band more in depth one day, I gave them some money to get production back up long ago like in about Dec 2005, and well they are doing well, ill go back once i get my shit together. yes im youn 23, im in research at the moment, currently in a hotel on my laptop and in fresno I plan to get my doctorate in a brain/chemical biology, possible a med officiated doctorate i dont know. I get bored easily, kinda sobering up dont know what else i forgot ugh, I have terrible insomnia, and basically immune to hangovers at this point, my favorite drink it the highschoolers special, the Jaegerbomb

what annoys me is that i keep noticing the decline of proper paragraphing on message boards. posts like this are so annoying to read. i'm sorry but i am a total elitist.

Hannahrain
05-26-2008, 08:43 AM
You can't be ardent and apathetic at the same time. Make up your mind and get back to us.

Ardentbiscuit
05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
That's the duality of me, my name is Ardent but I'm apathetic.

Like Matthew Modine in Full Metal Jacket...

Wheres the beef?
05-26-2008, 09:32 AM
I just read this whole thread and I can't believe this happened.

gaypalmsprings
05-26-2008, 09:35 AM
I just read this whole thread and I can't believe this happened.

What? You can't believe you read the whole thread?

zenidogx
05-26-2008, 09:42 AM
i can't believe this thread made it to 4 pages

Wheres the beef?
05-26-2008, 09:51 AM
What? You can't believe you read the whole thread?

Pretty much. It was like driving by an accident on the side of the road.

hangthedj112
05-26-2008, 09:59 AM
I never fit in when i lived in utah, no to sound even more narcisstic than i have but i was always surrounded with people who were extremely flaud thinkers

lol, I abhor those flaud thinkers too.

Pixiessp
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
this was an experience i hope to soon forget.

gratytrainridesagain
05-26-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah gravy

http://ticklebooth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/you-talking-to-me.jpg
You talkin to me

woogie846
05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
This thread has gone to the dogs.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I need a bad girl, you're just too good for me

Boourns
05-26-2008, 12:04 PM
The next person to post in this thread has to suck my cock and swallow every drop.

BROKENDOLL
05-26-2008, 12:17 PM
The next person to post in this thread has to suck my cock and swallow every drop. http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/insults-3.jpg Sorry. I've never been one to follow orders. :)-

kreutz2112
05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w18/1BROKENDOLL/insults-3.jpg Sorry. I've never been one to follow orders. :)-

ahahahahahahahaha

let me know how head feels from someone with no teeth.

edit: phew, I almost didn't edit in bd's post, the consequences of which could have been dire.

BlackSwan
05-26-2008, 05:15 PM
the more things progressed the more WastedTime sounded like Randy.

chairmenmeow47
05-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Any time you want to drug and then lay nutz to this face, please, by all means.

congratulations. you are now the 2nd person in board history to make my signature :)

and WastedTime, if you want to meet up with us at EDC, keep an eye on this thread (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16743) or PM yer number.