PDA

View Full Version : How to be perfectly happy

exx post facto
05-20-2008, 01:20 PM
i will sum up every single religious and spiritual belief in a way that has not been and cannot be muddled up, and will provide perfect enlightenment and perfect happiness:

just be.

picture a tree,
exactly the same thing as a human being,
but without the faculties of sense,
and much more content with itself because of it.

if you can simply meditate on that and "be" a tree to the point of a nervous system devoid of all mental-conceptual activity, nirvana, or liberation will be reached.

this is only possible if you can reach and maintain complete ego-loss, or total rejection of all games; games being everything we do to pass the time.

People are born, and are pushed by confusion and the question "why" to DO. People recreate, people love, people eat, people get jobs, people act violent, people watch movies, people read books, people breathe, people research, people pray, ALL because we exist and don't know why, so we DO.

the truth is we are not meant to do, we are meant to BE.

even though logic exists simply to pass the time,

/think about that/

if we use the logic we've thought up to explain the world we live in to think for just half a second on what the point of living is, we find none. We are born simply because our parents had nothing better to do than make us, and we go to school because our parents say to, we eat so that we can go to school, we go to school so that we can get a job, a job so that we can make money, money so that we can get a home, a home so that we can live with the person we decided to fall in love with (just to pass the time), and then have kids, all literally because it is something to do. And the whole time we are ruining the world and the people around us.

BUT
had we not been born, we would not have had to do any of this, but obviously if you're reading this that is beside the point.

if you stop, just BE to the point of realization that every single thing we do is a game, you will die, but you will be perfectly and utterly happy, because you will know the answer to it all. to just be.

That does make sense, that everything is a game, even down to eating and breathing. But obviously a lot of these games are "good" games. Definitely not most, but many of them are even "fun" games. Sex is fun. Getting a job and making a lot of money is fun. Most of the time people have sex in a not fun way because they can, and it's an easy way to pass the time. Most of the time people work not in a fun way because they can't. Some people play fun games and enjoy it, some people play terrible games. War is a game, obviously. Love is a game. Your family is a game, and assuming you have a healthy nuclear family, it is a game which would be next to impossible to simply refrain from.

But in that moment of mental void, where you are nothing more than a tree it is possible to catch a quick glimpse of the design of the universe. The impersonal, staggering grandeur of the game. And in that glimpse it becomes perfectly clear that the only way to be perfectly happy, to feel perfectly whole, is to refrain from all of it entirely.

It sounds totally insane, totally backwards, makes no sense whatsoever at first glance. But that is only because we are part of the greatest civilization ever known, the worlds biggest, most complex game, with which everyone can find a way to pass the time.

Think about it like this: the guy changing your tires hates his job, his job wouldn't exist if your car didn't, which wouldn't exist if people didn't feel the need to travel, which wouldn't exist if people just were. If everyone just WAS, had no connections, not even any breath at all, there would be no need for money, no need for food, no hunger, no happiness (a wonderful game), no sadness (a horrible and widespread game), nothing at all. Just everyone, perfectly content. And of course everyone would exist to the point of physically ceasing to exist, and nobody else would be born with the burden of wondering what to do with themselves.

Even that is scary, because if we are to the point of not being anything at all, we're dead. I can tell you however, right this very second, that there IS something better than life. That when you physically die that essence inside of you that allows you to even think about why you exist will continue. This is the faith that every religion is based upon.

BUT YOU DO NOT NEED FAITH.

Actually you would need a little faith, but not enough faith to jump blindly into death. All you have to do is meditate to the point of having a completely empty mind (even after just eating a big juicy burger and being perfectly content physically) and you will SEE the perfect answer of it all. Even that sounds absolutely insane, but take a month off work if you can and empty your head completely and suddenly it's not insane, it's absolutely obvious. That is ALL you have to do and everything else will make sense to you. There isn't even any risk at all, if you can't reach that point of emptiness, go back to work! Keep playing the games! There's nothing wrong with playing them, just that there is a better possibility.

OF COURSE how many people do you know who have the mental capacity to unload themselves like that. Few do. Tibetan monks do. They meditate for their entire lives in order to reach enlightenment, and they don't all reach it.

The above is all that is necessary to reach nirvana. Here are the tools to reach it via shortcut.

ONE
Read Timothy Leary's The Psychedelic Experience.

It sounds like a drugged out hallucinogenic book, but it isn't. It is based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead, and is every religion in essence boiled down and simplified so that anyone can reach nirvana easily. Someone once said that life was the game and religion was the strategy. This book is the strategy in its purest form.

TWO
Read the book. Twice. And know it.

THREE
Do LSD or "Magic Mushrooms"

That may be all you need. At that point you may know, suddenly, all you need to know.
If not.

FOUR
Read the book. Twice more. Now you know what it's talking about.

FIVE
Do LSD or "Magic Mushrooms"
In all likelihood, you now know.

SIX
After knowing, you can either plug back into the game because what you know is too much to handle, or you MUST cease to exist physically. Just remember
"Death & Taxus"

That's it.

You have to think for yourself in order to realize that maybe LSD or psilocybin isn't going to ruin your brain, and that maybe the government acted a little too brashly in illegalizing it, but with a little research it is easy to comfort yourself in knowing that it is perfectly safe, and infinitely rewarding.

Be smart.
Be thoughtful.
Be.

I hope that this can help the world.

I also have to say that obviously, by writing this I am very far from "just being". It takes time however to sell some of my things and have enough money for a plane ticket somewhere nice and a hammock, but give me a week or two and I will just be. All I can say is that it is a difficult week or two, because once you see the games, you can't stop, and it is a little sickening to be a part of them.

Just for perspective: I am extremely good at the games I play. I'm fit. I'm healthy. I'm happy. I love people and they love me. I fall in love very quickly and am now. I have the opportunity to attend one of the top 5 universities in the world. I even have the means right now of making a lot of money, and a sustained flow of it, to the point of never ever having to work again. I am young and not only can I play the games, I am so tuned in I can create my own. But I have grown up under the perfect set of circumstances that have caused me to be smart enough and lucky enough to have suddenly seen it all as it is, and despite all that I potentially have in my future, I choose now to give it up. I have Turned On and Tuned In so deeply that I now know exactly why and how I must Drop Out.

it doesn't require a phd
to be.

in fact,
it doesn't require anything at all.

http://justbeatree.blogspot.com

the book "The Psychedelic Experience" can be downloaded for free from the blog.

good luck.

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
... I'm staying out of this until he starts saying something that can more readily be turned into a joke where he's gay.

TomAz
05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
you're full of shit with an inflated sense of self worth

edit that was intended for the low life scumbag who started this thread

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Yay, Mean Tom. When Tom curses I know things are going to be okay.

Young blood
05-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
No no no, don't make like a tree--BE like one.

Now you see how it all makes sense, I'm sure.

algunz
There's just too much, too much.

Young blood
No no no, don't make like a tree--BE like one.

Now you see how it all makes sense, I'm sure.

All right then, LEAVE! And take your book with you!

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 01:29 PM
As one drug guru looking at another... Leary was kinda a twit.

TomAz
05-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Tibetan music is brutally tedious, by the way

Young blood
05-20-2008, 01:38 PM
5zey8567bcg&feature

exx post facto
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
that, my friend, is irony.

CalmerThanYou
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
This fuck does a ctrl C+V and expects praises?

whore.

that, my friend, is irony.

You, you fuck, are retarded.

Blinken
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM
This fuck does a ctrl C+V and expects praises?

Maybe it is Bee II's alias

paganman7
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
The next time I'm faced with a deadline at work, I'm going to tell my boss that I just AM, and therefore her deadline is superfluous to my BEING...I can dig it.

Or better yet, I'm going to tell her that her deadline does not exist.

kreutz2112
05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
how is this thread ironic?

miscorrections
05-20-2008, 01:46 PM
I'd high five you but I'm too busy being a tree.

kreutz2112
05-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I am the high five.

Young blood
Back to the future 2.

paganman7
I am the high five.

You just blew my mind, man!

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 01:48 PM
This thread is an ironic Twilight Zone.

kreutz2112
oh and did you see this corinna?

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/kreutz2112/HIGHFIVE.jpg?t=1211320091

I bet we could make one look cooler.

full on idle
did you put a calendar page on my work refrigerator?

Young blood
05-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Oprah believes in it. So does kucinich.

fasttrack
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
trees don't use the internet.

amyzzz
05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Oprah and Kucinich are trees?

kreutz2112
05-20-2008, 01:51 PM
what white people like:

oprah trees.

Blinken
05-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Oprah and kucinich do alot of acid?

Young blood
05-20-2008, 01:59 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/stampede206/4chan/Amused.jpg

amyzzz
Shrooms seem more like a tree drug.

thestripe
Oprah and kucinich do alot of acid?

they are gamers

CalmerThanYou
Dont say another fucking word about "Oppy"

http://www.celebcrust.com/pics/tom-cruise-valkyrie.jpg

marooko
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially funny to me cause i didnt read past the tree part.
nor this post.

ivankay
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM
In response to the original post: duh.

But, if it doesn't require anything at all, that goes for the LSD and Mushrooms. You should know better than to recommend these types of journeys to anyone and everyone. Some people are flat out not ready or physically capable. All answers are from with in and sometimes a powerful experience can make some of those revelations a tad clearer, but the assistance of hallucinagens is not required. Remember the monk in "Be Here Now" who was fond of the Oranges, he had no need.

Ah, i'm going to continue being and finish my lunch.

ivankay
05-20-2008, 02:11 PM
wow, we're being all over this thread.

edit later: This was in response to crazy multiplication of the past few responses before this that has since been fixed.

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I just was all over it's fucking face.

ivankay
05-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I just was all over it's fucking face.

Rubbing that testosterone thing in again....sigh.

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
That's not machismo--it's existentialism.

Young blood
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
More like uncle molestation.

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
If your uncle is Sartre, sure.

ivankay
05-20-2008, 02:22 PM
More like uncle molestation.

GBglANhkN_c