PDA

View Full Version : camping/hotel/RV?

JimRivals
02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
My friends and I are thinking of renting an RV, and we're all first timers to Coachella. Any opinions on what's best, whether it's an RV, onsite camping or grabbing a hotel? Thanks!

smellslikevagina
02-03-2007, 01:17 PM
We're staying in an RV at someplace called Indian Wells RV Park. Its like 40$ a night, which is ALOT more resonable than a hotel.
They have full hookups and its in Indio.
This is my first year too and personally I would rather do the onsite camping, but thats not going to happen. :nono
But when I called they said they didn't have alot of spots open, so you should act quick if you are going to camp... or even get a hotel, for that matter.

JJizzle04
02-03-2007, 02:05 PM
We're doing the same thing! Scored a spot on Indian Wells and got a 30 foot RV. Looks like Indian wells is gonna be the place to be! hah
We're thinking we'll drive and park the RV in the Coachella parking lot during the day, maybe chill there and have a few suds before going in for the day and then when it's time to leave we can just chill in the RV and wait for traffic to lighten up before leaving again.

BootsyGraham
02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Is anybody planning on walking from Indian Wells to the Polo Fields both ways? I can't see driving an RV into the Coachella parking lot. Is it really that bad of a walk?

Also, is it cool to bring a car as well as an RV in case walking is too far? Could I park it inside of the campsite?

JimRivals
02-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the responses so far. Very helpful.

tibu1
02-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Is anybody planning on walking from Indian Wells to the Polo Fields both ways? I can't see driving an RV into the Coachella parking lot. Is it really that bad of a walk?

Also, is it cool to bring a car as well as an RV in case walking is too far? Could I park it inside of the campsite?

I would imagine parking an RV there is pretty expensive. I know limos don't get to pay the same amount as a car, and I'm guessing it's the same for an RV....(it takes up more space).
Also, if you're already paying for the RV space (on a daily basis), why would you then want to pay a second parking fee?

smellslikevagina
02-04-2007, 12:38 PM
We're bringing another car... but I'm not sure about if there are going to be any fees... we were thinking about walking anyways though because traffic is supposed to be horrible when the gates open.

MarkO
02-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Parking is free at Coachella. They just might make you park a little further out of the way due to the size of the vehicle.

tibu1
02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Well, between free parking and finding out that water is only going to be $2.00, it's sounding better and better!

BootsyGraham
02-04-2007, 08:02 PM
We're bringing another car... but I'm not sure about if there are going to be any fees... we were thinking about walking anyways though because traffic is supposed to be horrible when the gates open.

We're in the same boat as you. If we do bring another car, do you think there will be anywhere to park within close walking distance from Indian Wells if they won't let us park it inside of the actual camp? I have a feeling that 3.5 miles will be too far to walk there and back in the desert.

C DUB YA
02-04-2007, 08:04 PM
That would be correct - there would be vultures circling overhead

Gongshow
02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I want to get an RV aswell but I want details about how far these sites are from Coachella and where I'd have to park and how far that parking is from the gates and so on. . . .Or should I just tent it.