PDA

View Full Version : 17 Questions with RagePatton

PassiveTheory
05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
JOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Pray tell,

1. When you grow up, what would you like to be?

2. Do you think in 10 years we'll still be talking about Gogol Bordello?

3. Who would win in a fight: Tony the Tiger or Count Chocula?

14 more to go!

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Questions 4-17 should all concern which one of you listens to shittier bands. Who the fuck thought this interview would be good?

bug on your lip
05-15-2008, 11:35 AM
*giggle*

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm going to be officially lambasting all of these threads unless they're started by someone funny (Bug will suffice, in a pinch) and actually interviewing someone really interesting which leaves maybe four or five of you. All because I'm STILL OVERLOOKED AS BMOTW.

PassiveTheory
05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Which I have been.

Heh.

betao
05-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Bug, when we will be getting another interview?

kreutz2112
05-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm going to be officially lambasting all of these threads unless they're started by someone funny (Bug will suffice, in a pinch) and actually interviewing someone really interesting which leaves maybe four or five of you. All because I'm STILL OVERLOOKED AS BMOTW.

I wouldn't use "overlooked" per say, more like ignored.

rage patton
05-15-2008, 11:58 AM
JOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

Pray tell,

1. When you grow up, what would you like to be?

2. Do you think in 10 years we'll still be talking about Gogol Bordello?

3. Who would win in a fight: Tony the Tiger or Count Chocula?

14 more to go!

1. When I was a kid I always wanted to be a paleontologist. However, things have changed a lot since then. Right now, I am thinking of declaring Political Science as my major. I am not sure where that would lead me though.

2. Do I think WE will? Hmmm. Well, I know I will. That is for certain. I also know anyone who has truly experienced Gogol Bordello live will. But in general? Yes, yes I do. I think right now they are about as big as they are going to get, but I think in 10 years they will still be going strong and people still will be talking about them.

3. Tony the Tiger. No doubt. Sure, Count Chocula is a vampire or whatever, but that doesn't matter. I don't know if you have noticed or not, but I think Count Chocula may have a mental disorder. He seems to be a little slow to me. Then again, in a fight that might make him a psychopath. But Tony the Tiger has skills and could put an end to Count Chocula like that.
Also, Frosted Flakes are 328751958 times better then Count Chocula.

rage patton
05-15-2008, 11:59 AM

I will accept all of Lee's 17 questions and I will also accept questions from bug. You could shoot a question or two if you would like.

bug on your lip
05-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Political Science is bullshit
don't do it

BROKENDOLL
05-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't use "overlooked" per say, more like ignored. :rotfl

rage patton
05-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Political Science is bullshit
don't do it

Why do you say that?

stinkbutt
05-15-2008, 12:12 PM
The ivankay one was much better

full on idle
05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
This is what happens when Passive Theory feels like he's not getting enough attention.

bug on your lip
05-15-2008, 12:18 PM
i started off as a Poli Sci guy too...

then i just realized it was all lightweight philosophical squirrel diarrhea

that's when i started studying Mandarin Chinese & living overseas
i need a fukkin SKILL
i needed to know about the world

drop the Poli Sci shit right now...

kreutz2112
05-15-2008, 12:19 PM
yeah do real science.

TomAz
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/TomAz/costumefail.jpg

rage patton
05-15-2008, 12:28 PM
i started off as a Poli Sci guy too...

then i just realized it was all lightweight philosophical squirrel diarrhea

that's when i started studying Mandarin Chinese & living overseas
i need a fukkin SKILL
i needed to know about the world

drop the Poli Sci shit right now...

"lightweight philosophical squirrel diarrhea" haha. I like that. I don't know, I find it interesting to study and I am doing decent in my poli sci courses. I mainly like discussing political ideologies. I find them very interesting.
I have no interest in learning Mandarin Chinese... french was hard enough for me. And Poli Sci can tell you about the world. What is more relevant than politics?

yeah do real science.

Tried. I am no good.

bug on your lip
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
What is more relevant than politics?

even the fukkin Hair Bear Bunch is more relevant

1st mistake fer someone like u josh is 2 believe that politics run this world..
sorry ... wrong answer

rage patton
05-15-2008, 12:40 PM
What is more relevant than politics?

even the fukkin Hair Bear Bunch is more relevant

1st mistake fer someone like u josh is 2 believe that politics run this world..
sorry ... wrong answer

Obviously more then politics run the world... but it has an influence over world events so it is still relevent.
Tell me... what made you realize Poli Sci was all bullshit?

bug on your lip
05-15-2008, 12:43 PM
politics is not influential

it is reactionary

one day u will get.... u r on a path for self revelation
just between now & then, just make sure u have a Plan B.
you'll thank me in the "then"

rage patton
05-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Self revelation would be perfect for me right now. I am heading into my third year and I still don't know what I would like to do. I am leaning towards Poli Sci a)because I find it interesting and b)because I seem to do well at it.
However, if I run into a self revelation that leads me elsewhere... that would be even better then the path I am following right now.
As for Plan B... I will have to think about that one.

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 01:08 PM

meh, i was never BMOTW, we could start our own BMOTW for all the coachella board outcasts.

and i have a question, i don't know if that's allowed, but if you could learn any language (besides mandarin chinese), what would you learn and why?

rage patton
05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
and i have a question, i don't know if that's allowed, but if you could learn any language (besides mandarin chinese), what would you learn and why?

Of course its allowed haha.

Hmmm... ANY language? Well, going back to my childhood dreams... sort of, learning ancient hebrew or egyptian would be pretty damn cool. I would learn it because I always thought being an archeologist and translating ancient documents and wall inscriptions would be pretty awesome. But if I was to learn any modern language, I would love to learn Spanish. Just because it is a sexy language.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-15-2008, 01:24 PM
What is the FIRST thing you would buy if you won 10 million DOLLA$!? & why?

I obviously can't come up with a good question.

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Of course its allowed haha.

Hmmm... ANY language? Well, going back to my childhood dreams... sort of, learning ancient hebrew or egyptian would be pretty damn cool. I would learn it because I always thought being an archeologist and translating ancient documents and wall inscriptions would be pretty awesome. But if I was to learn any modern language, I would love to learn Spanish. Just because it is a sexy language.

i think spanish is sexy too. i wish i could finish spanish!!! i've started like 4 times. i'm half mexican which is kinda sad too :(

but being an archeologist would be dope. i think it would be cool to read old texts and hyroglyphics as well!

rage patton
05-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I am heading off to work now, I will answer any/all questions posed to me when I get back later tonight. But for now...

What is the FIRST thing you would buy if you won 10 million DOLLA$!? & why?

I obviously can't come up with a good question.

Contact Richard Branson and buy myself a comercial flight to space. I would love to do that. I would also drop a fat suitcase of money in front on Mike Patton and tell him to round up the Real Thing/Angel Dust era FNM boys back together. With the rest I would like to travel the world and, with my newfound ancient hebrew/egyptian language skills... go on some acheological digs.

i think spanish is sexy too. i wish i could finish spanish!!! i've started like 4 times. i'm half mexican which is kinda sad too :(

but being an archeologist would be dope. i think it would be cool to read old texts and hyroglyphics as well!

I have been told Spanish is a lot like French, and since I was no good at French, I haven't attempted Spanish. But it's just so sexy...

You going to see the new Indiana Jones movie?

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I have been told Spanish is a lot like French, and since I was no good at French, I haven't attempted Spanish. But it's just so sexy...

i will and will probably wear my indy hat to the opening, lol. i'm just trying not to have high expectations. i have the original trilogy and i'll be watching that this weekend to get myself in indy mode :)

TomAz
05-15-2008, 02:03 PM

I think he just asked you out, ivy.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Contact Richard Branson and buy myself a comercial flight to space. I would love to do that. I would also drop a fat suitcase of money in front on Mike Patton and tell him to round up the Real Thing/Angel Dust era FNM boys back together. With the rest I would like to travel the world and, with my newfound ancient hebrew/egyptian language skills... go on some acheological digs.

Man, I would def get a flight to space also. How much does that cost? Damn. It would be surreal. with Lemon Jelly's "Space Walk" as the soundtrack.

I hope Indy 4 doesn't dissapoint that much. I'm a huge fan of the older ones.

canexplain
05-15-2008, 03:01 PM
i have to ask my bud j a ? ... you have the choice (i am guessing) of living in canada or the US ... why do you stay in canada instead of moving?

I was bmotw too, one of the last ones, i must have busted that thread lol .... x****

PassiveTheory
05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
4. Have you ever cried while/after watching a movie? If so, which movie(s)?

5. If you could have a super power, what would it be?

6. Do you have a habit that you'd wish you could quit? It doesn't have to be an addiction or anything, a minor quirk that either you or someone else has pointed out that you do that annoys you would suffice.

7. The hypothetic situation: You're about to go on the most epic adventure of your life, and it's going to be filmed. When it's shown in theaters, what songs will be on the soundtrack? You can even explain why each song would be picked and for what situation/emotion. Try to think of 10 or so, it's a soundtrack after all.

rskapcat
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Self revelation would be perfect for me right now. I am heading into my third year and I still don't know what I would like to do. I am leaning towards Poli Sci a)because I find it interesting and b)because I seem to do well at it.
However, if I run into a self revelation that leads me elsewhere... that would be even better then the path I am following right now.
As for Plan B... I will have to think about that one.

I have an English degree...and I now work in accounting. You won't necessarily end up in your degree field. While I sometimes wish I had just majored in accounting (so I could've skipped the jobs in between), I *loved* my English classes, especially linguistics. I would've been absolutely miserable as an accounting major. Long (boring) story short, study what you like. I think Political Science is broad enough that it would be useful in other fields.

rage patton
05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I think he just asked you out, ivy.

Haha, no Tom. Ivy is a lovely lady, but I am perfectly happy with my wonderful girlfriend right now. No others for me. :)

Man, I would def get a flight to space also. How much does that cost? Damn. It would be surreal. with Lemon Jelly's "Space Walk" as the soundtrack.

I hope Indy 4 doesn't dissapoint that much. I'm a huge fan of the older ones.

I think like $3 million or something.

Me too.

i have to ask my bud j a ? ... you have the choice (i am guessing) of living in canada or the US ... why do you stay in canada instead of moving?

I was bmotw too, one of the last ones, i must have busted that thread lol .... x****

I like Canada and I like being a Canadian. I enjoy what people around the world think of Canadians. I wouldn't say I am diehard patriot or a nationalist or anything... and I don't think I will reside in Canada for the rest of my life. But for now, I enjoy living in Canada.

4. Have you ever cried while/after watching a movie? If so, which movie(s)?

5. If you could have a super power, what would it be?

6. Do you have a habit that you'd wish you could quit? It doesn't have to be an addiction or anything, a minor quirk that either you or someone else has pointed out that you do that annoys you would suffice.

7. The hypothetic situation: You're about to go on the most epic adventure of your life, and it's going to be filmed. When it's shown in theaters, what songs will be on the soundtrack? You can even explain why each song would be picked and for what situation/emotion. Try to think of 10 or so, it's a soundtrack after all.

Damn Lee... these just keep getting harder. Hmmm...

5. I always thought superstrength would be cool. So would laser eyes But those are kind of boring. So I am going to go with shape shifting. Becoming other people/things sounds kind of fun. Then again that might get boring after a while too. Hmm... fuck it. Id be Wolverine.

6. Apparently when I concentrating, I stick my tongue out a little bit. Not all the way, just a little bit. People always call me on it too. Whether I am working, playing guitar or whatever, people always comment. I wish I could stop.

7. Goddamn. What kind of epic journey are you talking about here? Well, I am assuming it's a sort of life changing one. So here it goes...
1. Metallica - Orion
-- The Introduction. It will set the mood for what is ahead.
2. Rage Against The Machine - Tire Me
-- The journey has just begun.
3. Nine Inch Nails - Last
-- Simply because it is a good pumping up song
4. Radiohead - Let Down
-- The first snag has been hit
5. Modest Mouse - Cowboy Dan
-- Why God? Why is this happening?
6. The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrists
-- Time to think of a solution
7. Battles - Atlas
-- And we are back on track
8. The Crystal Method - Born Too Slow
-- But not quick enough
9. The Prodigy - Mind Fields
-- Another good pumping up song
10. Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet
-- The journey is over! I choose this songs because I have never met/seen anyone as inspirational.
This is not my favorite song list by the way. There are a number of reason I chose all the songs, I went into at a minimal level above, I don't think further explanation is neccessary. I had a couple other songs/bands in mind, but I couldn't find a place I liked for them, like DragonForce (just for fun) for example. 10 was a good number.
Damn that was hard.

paulb
05-15-2008, 11:50 PM
so which movies do you cry during? Jack? Major Payne?

rage patton
05-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh shit... I skipped that question. Hmm... I am going to have to ask my girlfriend. I will come back to that question tomorrow.

paulb
05-16-2008, 12:16 AM
ask your girlfriend? pff....you know which.....

Stainofmind
05-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Hey Rage

as a Canadian I would think French would be somewhat of an easier language to learn. Aren't there any Franophones living in Vancouver?

Like you I'm thinking about majoring in Political Science. I've always had this thought about working for the FBI.

rage patton
05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I have an English degree...and I now work in accounting. You won't necessarily end up in your degree field. While I sometimes wish I had just majored in accounting (so I could've skipped the jobs in between), I *loved* my English classes, especially linguistics. I would've been absolutely miserable as an accounting major. Long (boring) story short, study what you like. I think Political Science is broad enough that it would be useful in other fields.

Good point. I have talked to many people who have told me this. But still... I don't want to walk blindly into a field.

ask your girlfriend? pff....you know which.....

I'll get back to this later.

Hey Rage

as a Canadian I would think French would be somewhat of an easier language to learn. Aren't there any Franophones living in Vancouver?

Like you I'm thinking about majoring in Political Science. I've always had this thought about working for the FBI.

Lots. I probably could learn it... but since it was forced upon me, I guess I tried to resist learning it. I actually wasn't too bad at french. I just have no interest to continue learning it.

paulb
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
there little to no Francophones here in BC...its all indians and chinese....

Benis23
05-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Right now, I am thinking of declaring Political Science as my major. I am not sure where that would lead me though.

Yeah, it leads straight to nowhere. If you actually want to be a politician, you'd want to make a bunch of money first in law or business and then switch careers, like Mitt Romney, John Edwards, etc. did.

Young blood
05-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Liar. You are lying. dont believe pineapplepete.

Young blood
05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
twoheadedboy is pineapplezpete he wants to have a dude baby.

twoheadedboy
05-16-2008, 02:42 PM
*GIGGLEZ*

PassiveTheory
05-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Where's the answer to no. 4, Josh?

rage patton
05-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, it leads straight to nowhere. If you actually want to be a politician, you'd want to make a bunch of money first in law or business and then switch careers, like Mitt Romney, John Edwards, etc. did.

I don't think I want to be a politician.

Where's the answer to no. 4, Josh?

I can't actually remember any movies where I have cried. I am sure I have... I just can't remember right now. Oh! I always cried when Little Foot's mom died in the very first Land Before Time when I was kid. ALWAYS. I forgot to ask my girlfriend though... I will return later for a more fulfilling answer.
Now, onto new questions?

PassiveTheory
05-18-2008, 12:24 AM
8. What's your mixed drink of choice?

9. If you ran into Mike Patton on the street and, after the initial craziness of "OH MY GOD, MIKE PATTON!", you had the chance to ask him about his career, what would you ask? Conversely, if you just wanted to tell him something, what would it be?

10. One day, in the not-too distant future, you receive a surprise visitor: It's you, 15 years in the future. Tell me, what does he look like? What does he do? Also, if you want to think, what would he tell you?*

*Alternatively I'd accept an answer to; "what would you tell yourself if you could go back in time 7 years?"

11. I stole this one, but it's funny: Your best friend is taking a nap on the floor of your living room. Suddenly, you are faced with a bizarre existential problem: This friend is going to die unless you kick them (as hard as you can) in the rib cage. If you don’t kick them while they slumber, they will never wake up. However, you can never explain this to your friend; if you later inform them that you did this to save their life, they will also die from that. So you have to kick a sleeping friend in the ribs, and you can’t tell them why.

Since you cannot tell your friend the truth, what excuse will you fabricate to explain this (seemingly inexplicable) attack?

Boourns
05-18-2008, 12:25 AM
I've never been interviewed. Here or IRL.

Boourns
05-18-2008, 12:29 AM
so which movies do you cry during? Jack? Major Payne?

LOLOL Major Payne. Watching Hilary Banks trying to get with Homey the Clown was very wtf.

rage patton
05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
8. Actually, I don't really drink. I will have a beer with friends once and a while, and occasionaly I will have some tequila or whiskey... but I don't really mix drinks, so I cannot answer that question. My favorite beer would be Kilkenny. After that I would say Rickards Red or Kokanne.

9. What would I ask Mike Patton. What would I ask Mike Patton? First I would want to know his secret to how he is able to manage so bands and other projects all at once. He seems to be a nonstop workaholic. Second, I would want to know where the inspiration to make Mr. Bungle's Disco Violante came from. I was listening to that album today... fucks with my mind every time. I would also like to know his opinion on global warming. Just curious.

10. Again, questions about the future... I'm really not sure. I can see my life going in a million different directions, but right now I am not sure which way I want to go. What I would hope to see is a guy who who still listens to and appreciates music and passionately as I do. I hope I would still be spending stupid amounts of money travelling and going to festivals and concerts. I hope I would still be playing music as well. It would be a bonus if I was travelling to music festivals to play in them.
What would I tell myself 7 years ago? "Put down the fucking Linkin Park and Nickelback albums!"

11. I can't think of an answer right now, I am all out of creative ideas... I will reply another time.

Boourns
05-18-2008, 01:20 AM
I have a feeling that more people will better understand Mike Patton's various projects years from now.

ivankay
05-18-2008, 01:23 AM
c'mon rage, 11 is simple. You kick him. Your friendship could be over, but you know you saved your buddy's life. You da hero. If you do nothing because your worried he won't know why you did it, you're a killer of your pal.

thelastgreatman
05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
You used to listen to Linkin Park and Nickleback? No wonder Gogol Bordello sucks.

rage patton
05-18-2008, 01:32 AM
I have a feeling that more people will better understand Mike Patton's various projects years from now.

I am really curious... what makes you say this?

c'mon rage, 11 is simple. You kick him. Your friendship could be over, but you know you saved your buddy's life. You da hero. If you do nothing because your worried he won't know why you did it, you're a killer of your pal.

Well yes I wouldkick him... that is for sure I am just tired and can't think of a good answer as to what excuse I would give to him.

You used to listen to Linkin Park and Nickleback? No wonder Gogol Bordello sucks.

Yeah, I listened to them when I was in grade 8 and 9. You used to listen to ICP. My music taste when I was 13 is nothing like my music taste now. Also, I don't care if people know I used to listen to Linkin Park and Nickelback because it is in no way reflective of my music taste now.

thelastgreatman
05-18-2008, 01:46 AM
I still listen to ICP.

Boourns
05-18-2008, 02:12 AM
I am really curious... what makes you say this?

I dunno, he seems to be one of those artists that's ahead of their time.

Boourns
05-18-2008, 02:15 AM
I still listen to ICP.

Oh dear God.

rskapcat
05-18-2008, 04:26 AM
11. I stole this one, but it's funny: Your best friend is taking a nap on the floor of your living room. Suddenly, you are faced with a bizarre existential problem: This friend is going to die unless you kick them (as hard as you can) in the rib cage. If you donít kick them while they slumber, they will never wake up. However, you can never explain this to your friend; if you later inform them that you did this to save their life, they will also die from that. So you have to kick a sleeping friend in the ribs, and you canít tell them why.

Since you cannot tell your friend the truth, what excuse will you fabricate to explain this (seemingly inexplicable) attack?

I heart Chuck Klosterman. :)

Xenocide
05-18-2008, 09:59 AM
someone interview me

NOW

damn it

okay!

you're very hard to stalk btw...

rage patton
05-18-2008, 11:23 AM
I still listen to ICP.

Well then... there we have it.

I dunno, he seems to be one of those artists that's ahead of their time.

For sure. He seriously is. I just showed one of my friends Mr. Bungle the other day... and she had no idea what to think of it. By the way, she is like, a top 40 radio junkie. She did say "the singer has a really nice voice though." So I feel like I accomplished something.

Astrid
05-18-2008, 12:46 PM
spanish is much easier than french in my opinion.

PassiveTheory
05-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Likewise.

I'll be back with more Q's when I'm able to function.

bug on your lip
05-18-2008, 01:35 PM

chuck posts here cat

Mr.Nipples
05-18-2008, 01:40 PM
chuck posts here cat

chuck "klostomy bag" klosterman? i know that guy! he shit his pants at scout camp back in '95 when he got stranded on the middle of the zip line!

EDIT: not the same chuck klosterman

bug on your lip
05-18-2008, 01:42 PM
he doesn't want me to blow up his shit

but when u see some mad peep post here now & again from Fargo keep yer pretty little eyes peeled

Boourns
05-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Has he actually been to Coachella?

rskapcat
05-18-2008, 03:09 PM
he doesn't want me to blow up his shit

but when u see some mad peep post here now & again from Fargo keep yer pretty little eyes peeled

Sweet ass. :)