PDA

View Full Version : New American Music Union Festival in Pittsburgh

justinaqui
05-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Today was the first I'd heard about this, but the headliners sound pretty decent, and it's cheap. I'm originally from Pittsburgh, so I'll probably go and stay with my family.

Milwaukee has Summerfest. Seattle has Bumbershoot. This summer, Pittsburgh has the New American Music Union festival.

The two-day summer music festival -- Aug. 8-9 at the South Side Works -- will feature Bob Dylan and His Band, The Raconteurs, Gnarls Barkley, The Roots, Spoon, The Black Keys, Black Mountain, The Duke Spirit, NASA, Tiny Masters of Today and more.

It's presented by American Eagle Outfitters, in league with host and organizer Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

In a statement, he said he approached the event by asking himself, "If you could go to any concert in the world, what would it be?"

He added, "My experience tells me that concerts can be life changing. That is how I approached putting this lineup together. The thrill of seeing Bob Dylan next to The Raconteurs next to Gnarls Barkley next to The Roots is reason for us all to celebrate."

Part of the focus is showcasing college bands, so there will be 15 up-and-coming bands on the bill. Their performances will be judged by music industry people and fellow musicians. The winning college band will receive a full-day recording session in a top Los Angeles studio, valued at $10,000.

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. tomorrow. General admission tickets are $49.50. Student tickets are $25. They are available online at www.livenation.com and www.ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster locations or charge by phone at 866-448-7849 for Ticketmaster Express.

summerkid
05-15-2008, 08:09 AM
can't beat that price if you are a student.

justinaqui
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Definitely. I'm a couple years removed from those days, but the Raconteurs aren't coming to the A anytime soon, and I missed them to see Aphex Twin, so I'd go just to see them.

Young blood
05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
I would go to see N.A.S.A.

Jakewc151
05-15-2008, 08:45 AM
New American Music Union Fest?? What kinda name is that? American Eagle Outfitters...Oh hell, this is going to be some bro fest/corporate hoe down..

Jakewc151
05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
But don't get me wrong, the lineup is swell.

justinaqui
05-15-2008, 08:57 AM
New American Music Union Fest?? What kinda name is that? American Eagle Outfitters...Oh hell, this is going to be some bro fest/corporate hoe down..

Totally agree. "Southside Works" is a corporate sponsored neighborhood. Fancy name for outdoor shopping mall, with some trendy condos.