PDA

View Full Version : For the girls: Is wearing skirts @ Coachella a bad idea?

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-03-2007, 12:46 PM
So I've only ever been to Cochella once and for only just the one day, and I wore jeans as I assumed that would be the most comfortable and worry free option, but it was so freaking hot and about an hour into the day I was regretting the decision. So this year I'm going for all 3 days and am thinking about wearing a skirt. My question to the girls who have or haven't done this what are the pros and cons of skirts vs jeans at an event like this. Obviously I'd be a lot cooler in the skirt, but has anyone ever been groped, or found that it wasn't such a good idea?!

I know this is a completely frivolous topic, but hey, inquiring minds are curious. Thanks.

Courtney
02-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I always wear a skirt or dress. Just make sure that it's long/loose enough that you can sit on the grass comfortably.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-03-2007, 12:58 PM
^Noted, thanks.

rampaige
02-03-2007, 01:02 PM
A skirt or dress is definitely the way to go. I agree, make sure it's long enough to comfortably sit in. And avoid white...no worries about grass stains on your rear.

rampaige
02-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Also, I had no problems with getting groped or anything of the like. Then again, my skirts were long-ish (knee length), so an itty bitty mini might entice some errant hands.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Haha, I definitely won't be sporting a mini, and from the day I went didn't really think the Coachella crowd was the sexual harrasment sort, but I just want to err on the side of caution as I don't want to end up one of those stories. *Goes to dig through closet for appropriate length skirts.

Haha, Thanks.

mydearestjoanne
02-03-2007, 02:01 PM
get a skort!

summerkid
02-03-2007, 02:20 PM
what's a skort?

Courtney
02-03-2007, 02:31 PM
get a skort!

Ewww. Please don't.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/images/ahd/jpg/A4skort.jpg

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Hahaha, no skorts. Only Mom's and toddlers wear those. Hahaha.

rampaige
02-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Wow, that thing is fugly. Sadly, it is also identical to the one I wore when I was 8. :laughyou

Balthazar B
02-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Wear a skirt...

a short one.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-03-2007, 05:08 PM
^I suspect that's meant more for your enjoyment than my comfort.... ;P

Glamour Damaged
02-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I say go for capris that arent jean material. Jeans material gets hot. With a skirt id always be worrying about how to sit when your resting on the grass, and it gets cold at night. Khaki Capri pants are the way to go

antpeople
02-03-2007, 05:53 PM
A tennis skirt is good too. The micro fibre and the skort thing = comfort

thefunkylama
02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I wore skirts both days last year. The only issue is chafing from sweating and walking at the same time (and that problem can be addressed several ways). I wore a knee-length skirt, kind of light beige colored, and medium weight fabric. Breeze was not too bad in the evening, I just brought another shirt with me to keep my arms from getting cold. Also, it is advisable to wear closed-toe shoes regardless of how god awful it might look with a skirt.

amyzzz
02-03-2007, 07:08 PM
You can get "summer weight" jeans. They sell them on J Crew all the time.

mydearestjoanne
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Ewww. Please don't.

skorts or skirts with shorts underneath are not that ugly anymore! that is what they looked like 15 years ago.

SojuGorae
02-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Wear mom jeans

http://lifeincolor.typepad.com/life_in_color/images/mom2.jpg

modeux
02-04-2007, 12:57 AM
get a skort!

...and use a spork!

toolisbomb
02-04-2007, 01:16 AM
i wore a stretch jean mini. i honestly didn't really care, hahah. i get way too hot and sweaty to even think about wearing a longer skirt, let alone shorts or pants. i didn't have any issues with harrasment or anything. trust me, there will be girls dressed sluttier than you who will be on the receiving end of that groping.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-04-2007, 01:30 AM
^Hahaha, I'm sure that's the truth.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-04-2007, 06:53 PM
i wore a stretch jean mini. i honestly didn't really care, hahah. i get way too hot and sweaty to even think about wearing a longer skirt, let alone shorts or pants. i didn't have any issues with harrasment or anything. trust me, there will be girls dressed sluttier than you who will be on the receiving end of that groping.

Wasn't that on the ad posters? Coachella 2007 - The Year The Sluts Take Over!

rampaige
02-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm pretty sure sluts are headlining.

el_harderino
02-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey... World needs sluts to.

chappiz369
02-04-2007, 08:32 PM
and don't forget the sunblock, unless you wanna look like a shrimp

SFChrissy
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Skorts have too much fabric...

Go light 'n short and throw on some bikini bottoms to keep the goodies covered...if your laying on the grass and take a moment to air out...you don't really care if someone seeez your bikini bottoms vs your undies...and you get to work on sunning the bottom 1/2!!!

Lightweight capri's are great too!!!

woogie846
02-06-2007, 08:27 PM
What about basketball shorts? Comfortable, light, and not that exposing.

Hannahrain
02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
...and use a spork!

I laughed a lot harder than I should have at that

SheriNOIR
02-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Ewww. Please don't.

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Pure Genius.

chairmenmeow47
02-07-2007, 05:50 AM
i wear a skirt over a bikini. that way, it doesn't matter if it flips up or something.

kimery08
02-07-2007, 08:30 AM
I wore skirts both days last year. The only issue is chafing from sweating and walking at the same time (and that problem can be addressed several ways). I wore a knee-length skirt, kind of light beige colored, and medium weight fabric. Breeze was not too bad in the evening, I just brought another shirt with me to keep my arms from getting cold. Also, it is advisable to wear closed-toe shoes regardless of how god awful it might look with a skirt.

my sister gave me the best advise one summer. put deodorant on the inside of your thighs to keep them from sweating. it seriously works.

mozabilly54
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
This was one of the most interesting threads to have read while bored at work.

I personally go for light weight capris and chuck taylors.

wstsidela
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
lol @ skort :rotfl

thaipod
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
i wear a skirt over a bikini. that way, it doesn't matter if it flips up or something.

I'm trying to figure out why that's much different than a skirt over panties.

I have this thing for girls in long skirts. I don't know why, but I've always liked them.

Courtney
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM

I think it depends on the type of panties.

Sally Cinnamon
02-07-2007, 11:31 PM
I think it depends on the type of panties.

exactly
a thong just wound not do

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-08-2007, 09:07 AM
exactly
a thong just wound not do

Sez who? I think I speak for most guys when I say we have NO problem whatsoever with flashing thongs!

thaipod
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
what about a thong bikini, then?

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM

I have this thing for girls in long skirts. I don't know why, but I've always liked them.

*shrugs* there really isn't that much difference. generally though, bikini bottom's tend to be a thicker fabric, as well as more having elastic around the edges so they stay over your bum better. plus, if it matches your bikini top, it's not that shocking and it's a cute pattern.

thin panties wedging up your cheek on the other hand doesn't look as good when your skirt flips up.

i like the shorter skirt cause it's one of the few times of year my legs actually get some sun. plus, it's dope to dance by the air vents in the sahara tent cause the air just goes right to your cash and prizes!

Courtney
02-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Another reason skirts are awesome: dealing with port-o-potties. Much easier than pants.

Sun dresses aren't a bad idea either.

invisiblerobots
02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
*shrugs* there really isn't that much difference. generally though, bikini bottom's tend to be a thicker fabric, as well as more having elastic around the edges so they stay over your bum better. plus, if it matches your bikini top, it's not that shocking and it's a cute pattern.

thin panties wedging up your cheek on the other hand doesn't look as good when your skirt flips up.

i like the shorter skirt cause it's one of the few times of year my legs actually get some sun. plus, it's dope to dance by the air vents in the sahara tent cause the air just goes right to your cash and prizes!

I'll be in my bunk.

JinaZ
02-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Ewww. Please don't.

lol I think I saw a really cute scort at like old navy last year..

momof5
02-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I have worn a skirt and found that it was not absorbing all the sweat running down my legs! Looser Light pants/Shorts work better for me and my girls. Also laying around/sitting on the grass or trying to get a small space of shade is difficult walking over people in a skirt.And for the record I never wear a skort!

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-08-2007, 02:11 PM
cash and prizes!

Now there's a euphemism I've never heard before. Congratulations, you just replaced "furry front bottom" as my new fave!

chairmenmeow47
02-08-2007, 02:26 PM
cash and prizes!

Now there's a euphemism I've never heard before. Congratulations, you just replaced "furry front bottom" as my new fave!

lol, i know! don't thank me, thank dane cook ;)

thaipod
02-08-2007, 02:30 PM
plus, it's dope to dance by the air vents in the sahara tent cause the air just goes right to your cash and prizes!

I heart you.

fever55
02-12-2007, 09:44 PM
go for booty shirts = )

Encaitare
02-12-2007, 10:59 PM
do a skirt/sundress with light weight boxers underneath. i wore this for a 3 week backpacking through europe a few sumemrs ago this way, and it saved my thighes, "cash and prizes" - seriously, best quote ever.

although I think i'm going to rock a sixties style cotton jumper for coachella. button up blouse top style, open, with either a bikini top or a tank underneath, depending on weather/mood/position of venus relative to mercury.

CheersDarlin
02-12-2007, 11:09 PM
although I think i'm going to rock a sixties style cotton jumper for coachella. button up blouse top style, open, with either a bikini top or a tank underneath, depending on weather/mood/position of venus relative to mercury.

A jumper seems like it would be a hassle when using the restroom.

corpathina
02-12-2007, 11:15 PM
being from the south, i know that skirts are the way to go when it's hot. however, i'd bring some baby powder or something to reduce the serious heat rash you can incur on your thighs. unless you're a skeleton and your thighs don't touch when you walk, you definitely will need something between them so the skin doesn't fall off after the first day.

Paisleyy
02-18-2007, 08:55 PM
it all depends. if you're one of those people who likes getting right up front & being squished in the crowds, i wouldn't reccomend a skirt unless it was long & tight enough at the top that it's not going to fall down or come up. if you are one of those people, & still don't want to wear pants, then wear a skirt or a dress with cutoffs underneath. that's what i usually do.

Changoloco
02-19-2007, 01:12 PM
So I've only ever been to Cochella once and for only just the one day, and I wore jeans as I assumed that would be the most comfortable and worry free option, but it was so freaking hot and about an hour into the day I was regretting the decision. So this year I'm going for all 3 days and am thinking about wearing a skirt. My question to the girls who have or haven't done this what are the pros and cons of skirts vs jeans at an event like this. Obviously I'd be a lot cooler in the skirt, but has anyone ever been groped, or found that it wasn't such a good idea?!

I know this is a completely frivolous topic, but hey, inquiring minds are curious. Thanks.

I grope at least 5-6 girls in skirts a day when I'm at Coachella. It makes my year!!!!!!!!!! Wear your skirt, if I see ya, I'll grope ya.

chiapet
02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
I had been thinking of wearing skirts with some sort of shorts underneath. Not for modesty so much as not worrying about putting my arse down on gross or scratchy grass/ground. The boxers suggestion is excellent!

hellok
02-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I always like to wear skirts with boy shorts underneath - it's the most comfortable and there's nothing to worry about.

Molecule
02-19-2007, 05:15 PM
To avoid chub-rub (legs chafing due to heat and friction) try this new product. Chub-rub is a serious problem, I am glad there are companies finally addressing this need. (I have heard that men have similar rub problems and use this product for other sweaty areas.)
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/Molecule56/powder-gel.jpg

ch33tah
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
i would totally suggest to stay away from skirts/dresses. you'll constantly be worrying about flashing your no-no spots to strangers if you sit on the grass, and in all honesty, this is not a club, this is an out door festival and it's hot and you watn to be comfortable. i remember looking all the hoochie chicks who were wearing mini skirts and 4" high heels pracing through the grass. not saying you will be like that, but i always thought of the girls wearing dresses/skirts at coachella to be a bit odd.

i wore some super thin stretchy gaucho pants that i got from victoria's secret. they have a nice fold over waist and were perfect for the hot weather. they cut off just about mid calf and almost look like a skirt when im standing still.

here's a photo http://a759.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/28/l_8b384b9eb209daf129bd3c2fe8db73ce.jpg

planning on wearing the same ones again this year, only i got them in other colours too. ;]

bikini top + thin stretchy gaucho pants FTW ;]

DuctTapedGerbil
02-20-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm wearing a tutu with bike shorts underneath. Then, I am going to keep a pair of capri length leggings in my sequined fanny pack for after dark.

chiapet
02-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I don't think we were talking about hoochie skirts with heels. And what's to worry with modesty if one's wearing shorts underneath? The pants you are wearing look really warm. I am a whiny northern california who cannot tolerate knitwear when the temperature is over 75F :P

ch33tah
02-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't think we were talking about hoochie skirts with heels. And what's to worry with modesty if one's wearing shorts underneath? The pants you are wearing look really warm. I am a whiny northern california who cannot tolerate knitwear when the temperature is over 75F :P

it's not knitwear i can assure you.
it's a very thin stretchy material. and when the temp goes upwards of 30C they are my godsend in the summer time. nice and breezey. ;]

toolisbomb
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
it's not knitwear i can assure you.
it's a very thin stretchy material. and when the temp goes upwards of 30C they are my godsend in the summer time. nice and breezey. ;]

but once they get sweaty they stick to you and never come off...bleh =P i'm goin for the miniskirt =D not cause i want to be a whore but just cause i tolerate high heat just about as well as i tolerate evangelists.

chiapet
02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I was actually thinking longer skirt but thin and cotton. I always wear them camping and they're fine even when the temps approach 40C.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah I think anything lightweight is gonna be better than denim, I already found this cute summer dress that hits about an inch above the knee so I'm thinking that'll be nice and cool, but also maintain my modesty. Hahaha, but if it's still too hot I will be breaking out the minis, who cares if someone accidently gets a peek at my Victoria's Secret boyshorts, not like they couldn't see the same thing all over those catalogues. But no stilettos though, how could you even walk with those on the grass, you'd spend more time making little holes in the ground and trying to get out of them then actually walking around. Tennies all the way.

becomingcloser
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
What about basketball shorts? Comfortable, light, and not that exposing.

after reading this, i'm going to wear some of those mesh shorts with no drawers.

free ballin' @ coachella '07. my nuts will love the desert air.

ch33tah
02-23-2007, 12:59 PM
but once they get sweaty they stick to you and never come off...bleh =P i'm goin for the miniskirt =D not cause i want to be a whore but just cause i tolerate high heat just about as well as i tolerate evangelists.

lol i wore them last year and they did not stick ;] they were the most perfect things i could have worn.

but yeah sport the mini skirt. godspeed

amyzzz
02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I was just reading/skimming through Cosmopolitan, and apparently super-mini skirts and dresses are in this season. And sky-high spike platform heels. This should be an interesting Coachella fashion-wise. I'm definitely not following fashion this year.

Courtney
02-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I was just reading/skimming through Cosmopolitan, and apparently super-mini skirts and dresses are in this season. And sky-high spike platform heels. This should be an interesting Coachella fashion-wise. I'm definitely not following fashion this year.

I think (hope) this this is an either/or sort of trend situation. So, you wear a super-mini skirt with flats, OR super-high heels with a pencil skirt.

Also, I don't understand what "spike platform heels" would look like. Please explain?

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-23-2007, 03:20 PM
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri/V261583.jpg

Something like this I assume...

amyzzz
02-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Platform would be on the front part, the "ball" of your foot and a spike in the back.

As Cosmo explains it, wear the super-mini during the day with flats and during the night with the spike heels. Sounds kinda trampy to me.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Well this is cosmo you're talking about! ;p Hahaha

Courtney
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Ah, yes, okay. I guess I actually own a pair of spike platform heels then. But for the record they're not sparkly, and I don't wear them with miniskirts!

amyzzz
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Well this is cosmo you're talking about! ;p Hahaha
I realize that. I was gifted a year subscription to it, and it's good for fashion/makeup tips, but beyond that, it's pretty ridiculous. Junkfood reading.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes, it's the reality tv of the magazine world... I.E. cheap and perpetuated by stereotypes. I just love reading their sex tip articles...... it's fun reading the same 101 tips over and over again. I mean how many ways can they describe girl on top, or emphasize playing with the balls. Haha.

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm really disappointed that this thread is void of pictures.

E

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
What are you talking about?! There was that pic of that hott skort back a page or two. ;P

rampaige
02-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, it's the reality tv of the magazine world... I.E. cheap and perpetuated by stereotypes. I just love reading their sex tip articles...... it's fun reading the same 101 tips over and over again. I mean how many ways can they describe girl on top, or emphasize playing with the balls. Haha.

Really, you can play with the balls? Thanks cosmo, I had no idea.

I liked when they suggested wrapping a scrunchie around your guy's balls. Like any self respecting girl still owns a scrunchie.

okay, just kidding, I totally do. But it's for holding my hair back while I'm playing with my guy's balls. So it's totally legit. Right?

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
^Hahaha, that's the only excusable excuse. Is it one of those really fluffy ones with the brightly colored patterns?! That's rad.

ToddThaGod
02-23-2007, 08:32 PM
haha what. scrunchie around what

DeltaSigChi4
02-23-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't want to see any pics of anyone's balls.

Just to clarify the previous.

E

dontfeedthebird
02-23-2007, 10:47 PM
I don't want to see any pics of anyone's balls.

Just to clarify the previous.

E

Send those to my inbox. Just to clarify.

amyzzz
02-24-2007, 05:18 AM
I haven't read enough of them to realize that, but thanks for the warning. I noticed on one of the photo layouts, all the girls are wearing super shiny silver nailpolish. I want to get some of that, if not the crazy spike/platforms.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Is that coming back in style?! I had some of that like 3 years ago and it was my favorite ever. I'm totally gonna rock silver nail polish at coachella.

rampaige
02-24-2007, 11:26 AM
I would totally love if silver polish came back in. It's all I wore in high school.

Something I wish would go out of style are those damn skinny jeans. I read somewhere that bootcut jeans were going to become the "mom jeans" of our generation, and I know that's going to be true in my case.

boarderwoozel3
02-24-2007, 12:29 PM

You'd be surprised how many women still don't get it...

toolisbomb
02-24-2007, 03:11 PM
i think spike heels w/ a pencil skirt sounds hot. too bad i don't own any pencil skirts =P i tried to buy skinny jeans the other day and it just did not work out..damn you, childbearing hips!

rampaige
02-24-2007, 04:45 PM
I think it sounds hot as well, though probably not the best idea for Coachella.

When I try and wear skinny jeans with little ballet flats (as is the style around here), I look like a duck with big feet and an even bigger ass. *sigh*

Courtney
02-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, I think skinny jeans require heels to look good on most people. It's not a terribly flattering style.

And no, certainly no heels for Coachella! Although the idea of actually being able to see above the crowd is highly appealing...

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I think skinny jeans are great for people who can pull them off, but I am not one of them. Hahaha, if bootlegs turn into mom jeans then I am screwed, but I don't know most moms I know don't rock tight lowrise jeans. So I think I'm ok.

gaypalmsprings
02-24-2007, 07:31 PM
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/thesalon/images/gallery/latest/dragqueen.jpg

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-24-2007, 08:04 PM
^Hahaha there's a pic for ya Delta.

I'm really disappointed that this thread is void of pictures.

E

I can't tell which'll be more blinding under the bright Coachella sun, those sequins or the crypt keeper pale skin.

Puppet
02-24-2007, 09:20 PM
This is retarded!! I mean really.

DeltaSigChi4
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
^Hahaha there's a pic for ya Delta.

:mad:

E

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-25-2007, 09:23 AM
This is retarded!! I mean really.

Lighten up, it's a thread on an internet messageboard. What's it supposed to be, deep and meaningful?! I think not.

rampaige
02-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I search for the meaning of life every day on the Coachella boards.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
02-25-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes and you will keep searching, for alas it is not here to be found.

Sorry to ruin your dream, please don't kill yourself now.... I could never live with the guilt.

sapako
03-12-2007, 01:26 PM
^I suspect that's meant more for your enjoyment than my comfort.... ;P

well, obviously. short skirts weren't invented for comfort purposes. who invented them again? what was His name? lol

hopelandic.
04-19-2007, 02:51 PM
I search for the meaning of life every day on the Coachella boards.

I love you.

velvets_girl
04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
What about a short denim skirt w/ footless leggings/tight things? seems comfortable. But then it seems the tights might get too sweaty/hot. Maybe a dress then. I know I am not wearing jeans that's for sure. That would be too hot and they'd prob. get really dirty on the bottom. By the way discussing what is most comfortable/easy to get around in order to enjoy the music is not lame. Just trying to make the "annoying things to deal with" list shorter.

alyssak
04-19-2007, 07:43 PM
My husband is vehemently against me wearing any type of skirt at Coachella.

:\

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I think I'd be worried if he didn't give a fuck what you wore.

I think I've finally decided Tan Capris friday, Dress Saturday, Denim capris sunday.

.:christine:.
04-20-2007, 10:20 AM
i've got 2 sundresses and a skirt in my plans... the a-line type skirt that covers all the 'goodies' but still lends a healthy breeze on a hot day ;)

and if worst comes to worst, and i'm sweltering in it, it can be rolled up and tied at one side to shorten it temporarily :)

I don't even live in california, but I'm saying NO WAY are jeans a comfortable choice ;)

miscorrections
04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
i'm doing the vintage dress thing all three days. one's a bit short but i'll manage.

Basskitten85
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Skirts are great. As long as your not acting a fool you have nothing to worry about. Think about yourself in 100 degree heat. What are you most comfortable in? But my choice is skirts. Nothing better than that. Unless you wanna go naked.....:)

fluxequalsrad
04-20-2007, 11:10 AM
would wearing sweat shorts be too hot? I was thinking these bad boys:
http://images.roots.com/?imageQuality=0.9&imageWidth=345&imageHeight=345&imageName=enlargements%2Fe03070042_0710.jpg

alyssak
04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm planning on wearing something similar to those sweatshorts. Comfort wins out for me.

Caitlin
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
i'm doing the vintage dress thing all three days. one's a bit short but i'll manage.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a light summer dress-like thing this weekend. That should do. i'll probably do the jean skirt and tank thing too.

dynamanda
04-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Fuck sweating. I'll be the girl wearing next to nothing. Grope me and I'll put my cigarette out in your eye PLUS you'll get a size 10 foot in your face/ass/other orifice.

algunz
04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Skirts/dresses are the best for Coachella, 'cuz you can just slowly add layers as the sun goes down.

Caitlin
04-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Fuck sweating. I'll be the girl wearing next to nothing. Grope me and I'll put my cigarette out in your eye PLUS you'll get a size 10 foot in your face/ass/other orifice.

Hahahaha, love it.

Senor Cardgage
04-20-2007, 02:32 PM
I dont think youll have to worry toooo much about dudes gropin ya at Coachella.

Besides, Tool played LAST year, so you wont have nearly as much of the Bakersfield Brigade to contend with.

fluxequalsrad
04-20-2007, 03:57 PM

ew.....

psycobetabuckdown
04-20-2007, 04:35 PM

Allll riiiight. Giggity giggity giggity.

amyzzz
04-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I like your style.

But I still say jeans for me. I might bring a skirt or a sarong for one day and try wearing some kind of shorts underneath (and bring tights for nighttime).

SneakySneak
04-23-2007, 02:02 AM
i saw a few girls last year with the typical california surf girl look. a bikini top with board shorts. bring a light jacket when it gets a lil chilly at night.. easy enough..

antixcore
04-23-2007, 04:38 AM
I'm wearing a skirt, and I've taken a pair of leggings and cut them into shorts to prevent chaffing and to absorb some sweat, and also so my crotch doesnt get displayed when sitting on the grass.

rampaige
04-23-2007, 06:11 AM
I'm wearing dresses all three days. I have found three perfect little sundresses that lovingly showcase my bosom while keeping the goods down below under wraps. I like the above idea of cutting leggings into shorts though to wear underneath.

Phoenix
04-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I wore one of those short jersey type skirts once (you know, the ones with the drawstring tie)...utter nightmare. Never again. I've come accustomed to wearing comfortable thin pants. In fact I have a pair that I call my Coachella pants, and I wear them on one day every year. They're troopers.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
04-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm wearing dresses all three days. I have found three perfect little sundresses that lovingly showcase my bosom while keeping the goods down below under wraps. I like the above idea of cutting leggings into shorts though to wear underneath.

Hahaha those are the best kind of dresses aren't they?!

That leggings thing is a great idea actually I might do that, or at the very least bring a pair in case my anti chaffing gel stuff doesn't live up to it's promises.

heatherxxll
04-23-2007, 01:07 PM
I’m bringing dresses and shorts...I’m not sure what I will feel like wearing yet but I’m loving the idea of wearing a dress. Anything with a waistband seems not so comfy in 90 degree weather.

Naproxen
04-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I wore shorts both days last year and it was fine, this year I think im going to do a skirt or dress friday, maybe saturday, but not sunday because i'll be getting destroyed in the crowd during RATM :)

Phoenix
04-24-2007, 01:14 PM
i think spike heels w/ a pencil skirt sounds hot. too bad i don't own any pencil skirts =P i tried to buy skinny jeans the other day and it just did not work out..damn you, childbearing hips!

Skinny jeans are the devil. I don't know who the hell decided tapered jeans should come back, but we're not all Nicole Richie. Besides they are going out of style and super high waist, wide leg pants are coming into fashion.

algunz
04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Not that "high waist, wide leg" is really a better option.

miscorrections
04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
actually it really is. it'll make your waist look littler.