PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise

Gyrus
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Can I just say how disappointed I am in the quality of Coachella Merchandise this year!!!!
The fabrics used and materials used is disgusting and cheap.
For example, I bought 3 sweatshirts this year, 2 of the electro-esque ones with the coachella writing all over it and 1 of the ones with the boombox on it.
Not even 2 weeks later I was undoing the zipper on the white electroesque one and the fucking thing breaks on me! Zipper falls right off!
And than today I'm zipping up my blue Coachella sweatshirt with the boombox on the front and THAT zipper breaks.
I only realised after the fact that the 3 Robot tshirts I bought from THE OFFICIAL merchandise stand didn't even have Prince on it!!!!
The black Coachella/Prince shirt feels like a cheap shirt I'd buy off someone in Bali for $1. Even the simple I <3 NY shirt I got in NY for $2 feels nicer.

Seriously, overall, The quality isn't nearly as good as last year. It's downright annoying. I still have my hoody with all the guitar picks on it and my normal black coachella jumper with the C on it as well as the plethora of shirts. The shirts I got last year felt like they were a Nylon/cotton blend of some sort, a much nicer feel.

I can't exactly take them back, can I???

What a let down considering the astronomical price tags associated, I guess they had to find a way to cut corners somewhere, I'm just saddened they felt this was an acceptable area to do so.
Anyone elses thoughts?

[edit] Just looked at where it was made..... India... thats why! The quality shit comes out of Bangladesh, China, Thailand & Indonesia.

fiopadp7791
05-15-2008, 04:29 AM
But you're still comin back to buy more overpriced shirts next year right? We'll stand in line together lol.

BrettShipes
05-15-2008, 07:52 AM
I got 2 for $5 counterfeit shirts as I was leaving the campgrounds to go home.

Made in Mexico. (From American fabric) or so it says on the tag.

amyzzz
05-15-2008, 08:30 AM
I like my blue "partly cloudy" coachella shirt. I keep the sweatshirt/hoodie problem in mind--I was thinking about buying one from the website when they come out later.

Gyrus
05-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah, like for realz, it's completely unacceptable. I bet the $5 will last longer!
But...
Yes, I will still buy next years lol.
I just think it's shit, having my little whinge
All the shirts from last year were better, like the parachutes one, the yellow one with the grass down towards the bottom, the one with the guitar picks.

But yeah, come on Coachella, sort your shit out for next year!

tiffdud41
05-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, I was going to complain about not being able to get a shirt any larger than 1X when the gates opened on Friday--but I guess I was better off saving my money after all.

Gyrus
05-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, I was going to complain about not being able to get a shirt any larger than 1X when the gates opened on Friday--but I guess I was better off saving my money after all.

Yuh huh, to say the least.

McAwesome
05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
I really wanted the pick shirts to come back for 2008 ):

Lurker_in_a_tree
05-16-2008, 10:04 PM
raising the poster price to $150 was the biggest dick move ever.
and don't tell me it's to discourage poster scalpers. I'm not 4 years old.
Limit sales to 1 per customer unless you prefer to treat your customers like assholes.

and why did it have all of last year's sculptures and art on it (which wasn't even there this year?)

psychoc&ndy
05-16-2008, 10:53 PM
raising the poster price to $150 was the biggest dick move ever.
and don't tell me it's to discourage poster scalpers. I'm not 4 years old.
Limit sales to 1 per customer unless you prefer to treat your customers like assholes.

and why did it have all of last year's sculptures and art on it (which wasn't even there this year?)

i thought the same thing

Geno_g
05-17-2008, 07:14 AM
I really wanted the pick shirts to come back for 2008 ):

I swear I saw that shirt in the tent to the left of the merch table, where they had the limited edition shirts

Geno_g
05-17-2008, 07:17 AM
This year I went all out on merch, last year I just bought the Battle of Coachella shirt, but this year I bought the Ech-a-sketch shirt, the Coachella shirt that has the "o" as the Prince logo, and the Roger Waters tour shirt.