PDA

View Full Version : Ozzfest Line Up Has Been Announced=Bullshit

Stainofmind
05-13-2008, 07:06 AM
OZZFEST RETURNS AS ONE-DAY STADIUM SPECTACULAR ON AUGUST 9 IN DALLAS, TX WITH OZZY OSBOURNE AND METALLICA TOP AND CUTTING-EDGE ACTS TO IGNITE THREE STAGES

All eyes and ears will be on Dallas, Texas Saturday, August 9. No conspiracy theory here--just the facts.

OZZFEST--the original and iconic hard rock festival--returns in 2008 as a one-day stadium spectacular that teams OZZFEST founder and namesake Ozzy Osbourne (in his only U.S. concert appearance this summer) with Metallica (marking their OZZFEST debut).

Produced by Sharon Osbourne and AEG LIVE, the all-day festival at Pizza Hut Park in hard music-loving Dallas will feature three stages of non-stop talent (with many OZZFEST alumni) and reliably twisted OZZFEST side attractions.

The full main stage lineup will also spotlight performances by Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis (Korn), Cavalera Conspiracy, Shadows Fall, Apocalyptica and In This Moment. Also scheduled on the main stage is a special all-star tribute to slain Pantera guitarist ‘Dimebag’ Darrell Abbott. Second stage acts include Sevendust, Devildriver, Kingdom of Sorrow, Soilent Green, Witchcraft and Goatwhore. The Texas (third) stage—“an homage to the “many great metal bands that come from Texas,” says Sharon Osbourne--features The Sword, Drowning Pool and Rigor Mortis.

“Ozzy just finished an 11-month world tour so I think he deserves a summer off,” Sharon says about this year’s one-day OZZFEST. “We’re going to be a stadium destination festival for now--we have gone past doing the sheds every summer. We’ve given everyone else the blueprint and we have to keep evolving OZZFEST. This is just the beginning; AEG Live and I have a lot of new ideas for OZZFEST.”

This year’s dynamic line-up encompasses artists who’ve played OZZFEST before in different incarnations such as Serj Tankian (System of a Down); Jonathan Davis (Korn); Hellyeah’s Vinnie Paul (Pantera) and Chad Gray (Mudvayne); Kingdom of Sorrow’s Jamie Jasta (Hatebreed) and Kirk Windstein (Down); and Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Sepultura) of Cavalara Conspiracy. Other OZZFEST graduates include Shadows Fall, Sevendust, Devildriver, Drowning Pool and In This Moment.

“Ozzy has great relationships with all of the bands that have played OZZFEST,” says Sharon. “We’re the only real festival for harder edge bands and these artists have been very loyal to us--there is lots of love on this line-up.”

Tickets for this year’s OZZFEST will go on sale Saturday, May 31. For up-to-the-minute details go to www.Ozzfest.com.

Fuck You Sharon Osbourne. I've been attending your fest every year since 2000. Paying an average of 75 dollars (except for last year which was free) a year which was not a problem for me and for you to make it a one stop fest is bullshit. I was hoping the scaled back tour rumor would of came true and did limited stops which i know would of came through the Bay Area cause it always sells good. Thats my Rant.

GnarVee
05-13-2008, 07:40 AM
My first rock show was Metallica in 97......I really want to see em again.....come back to your home....whats up with all the non-local shows guys?

C DUB YA
05-13-2008, 07:57 AM
ugh - rock on the range looks much better than this (if STP actually play)

Young blood
05-13-2008, 08:02 AM
OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyy!!! WOOOOOOOooooooo!

zikade
05-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Man, from like '96 to 99 Ozzfest would have a consistently good to great lineup, but for the past several years they've been awful, and this year's is the absolute worst ever.

ThomThom
05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I just threw up coffee and orange juice.

faxman75
05-13-2008, 08:51 AM
ugh - rock on the range looks much better than this (if STP actually play)

they both sound awful but Ozzy >>> STP.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm kinda glad that this is now a destination festival. I now don't have to deal with a touring Ozzfest ever again.

Now if only the Warped Tour could be a destination festival somewhere in North Carolina... That'd be sweet.

paganman7
05-13-2008, 09:55 AM
they both sound awful but Ozzy >>> STP.

Boooooooo!

So I take it you're not going to STP in Phoenix? I'm waiting for them to announce their Tucson date.

And Sevendust is the only band playing that I'd love to see.

rage patton
05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
The Sword? Really? Epic.

scoop49er
05-13-2008, 10:33 AM
i thnk the lineup is general is fine... but just one day in dallas kind of blows.... would of been nice to have it like rock the bells and have maybe 3 or 4 shows around the u.s like one in ny, one in cali and one in tx. oh well. nice knowing you ozzfest....

davrone
05-13-2008, 10:37 AM
People still go to Ozzfest?!

scoop49er
05-13-2008, 10:39 AM
personally the rockstar mayhem festival has a stronger lineup and ill be at this one instead....

slipknot-disturbed-dragonforce-mastodon-machine head-airbourne-five finger death punch-walls of jericho-underoath-black tide-suicide silence-36 crazyfists-the red chord

scoop49er
05-13-2008, 10:40 AM
ive gone to ozzfest about 7 times. always have agood time rocking out but last year you could see it was a dead festival... just no interest from bands anymore and it ran its course. time for a new metal festival and i think rockstar and jagermeister have got it right this year with their festival...

xxxxxxxxxx
05-13-2008, 11:22 AM
The only metal tour worth seeing this summer is Judas Priest with Heaven and Hell, Motorhead and Testament.

kreutz2112
05-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I wish iron maiden would tour.

superfiction
05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
personally the rockstar mayhem festival has a stronger lineup and ill be at this one instead....

kahgklhsdklh in seattle its the same day as the foo fighters show and i already have my tix but ive never seen slipknot...CHOICES

rage patton
05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
I wish iron maiden would tour.

They are...

Wed 05/21/08 Selma, TX Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Thu 05/22/08 The Woodlands, TX The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sun 05/25/08 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
Mon 05/26/08 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Wed 05/28/08 Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion At Concord
Fri 05/30/08 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Sat 05/31/08 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Mon 06/02/08 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
Tue 06/03/08 Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
Thu 06/05/08 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
Fri 06/06/08 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Sun 06/08/08 Regina, SK Brandt Centre
Mon 06/09/08 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
Wed 06/11/08 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
Thu 06/12/08 Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center
Sat 06/14/08 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
Sun 06/15/08 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
Tue 06/17/08 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
Wed 06/18/08 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
Fri 06/20/08 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center For The Perf. Arts

First show in Vancouver in over 20 years or something.

faxman75
05-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Boooooooo!

So I take it you're not going to STP in Phoenix? I'm waiting for them to announce their Tucson date.

And Sevendust is the only band playing that I'd love to see.

Yeah, that's a big no I guess. I just never got into STP. I can tolerate interstate love song but not much more. Just not a fan. :D I saw Ozzie on the "no more tours" tour back in 1992 though. Who knew he would still be touring 16 years later. lol.

For the record I have never been to Ozzfest and my taste is often criticized

Love Portishead but massive attack puts me to sleep
Don't give a shit about Zeppelin
Ozzy greater than STP

I would love it if L.A. guns and Faster Pussycat toured together again though.

lol :)

kreutz2112
05-13-2008, 11:49 AM
They are...

Wed 05/21/08 Selma, TX Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Thu 05/22/08 The Woodlands, TX The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sun 05/25/08 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
Mon 05/26/08 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Wed 05/28/08 Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion At Concord
Fri 05/30/08 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Sat 05/31/08 Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Mon 06/02/08 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
Tue 06/03/08 Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
Thu 06/05/08 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
Fri 06/06/08 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Sun 06/08/08 Regina, SK Brandt Centre
Mon 06/09/08 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
Wed 06/11/08 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
Thu 06/12/08 Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center
Sat 06/14/08 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
Sun 06/15/08 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
Tue 06/17/08 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Center
Wed 06/18/08 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
Fri 06/20/08 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center For The Perf. Arts

First show in Vancouver in over 20 years or something.

damn. well they're not coming to slc.

JustSteve
05-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Who knew he would still be touring 16 years later.

or alive.

Down Rodeo
05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
The Sword rocks so hard. I wish I had caught them in SF a few weeks ago.

And the Rockstar Mayhem Festival looks pretty good, but I only want to see Mastodon if they're headlining, just like they deserve. No offense to Slipknot and Disturbed, because they both had their moments, but they pretty much suck now. There are way better metal bands that deserve to headline that festival, IMO.

paulb
05-13-2008, 01:17 PM
its a pretty good lineup for a 1 day event... if I lived in Texas id go....

faxman75
05-13-2008, 01:22 PM
or alive.

Exactly or become such a huge part of pop culture with that insane reality show.

C DUB YA
05-13-2008, 01:32 PM
The only metal tour worth seeing this summer is Judas Priest with Heaven and Hell, Motorhead and Testament.

ding ding ding - winner.

rage patton
05-13-2008, 01:38 PM

If Heaven and Hell as well as Motorhead played the Vancouver show, I would go to that one. But only Judas Priest and Testament are playing in Van.

paulb
05-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Judas Priest is the main reason to go though... I think they will be performing their entire new album at the show... I cant wait to hear it...

rage patton
05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Motorhead would have been the main reason for me.

crazzz2007
05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm kinda glad that this is now a destination festival. I now don't have to deal with a touring Ozzfest ever again.

Now if only the Warped Tour could be a destination festival somewhere in North Carolina... That'd be sweet.

what the hell are you talking about? please explain, b/c your post makes absolutely no sense.

paulb
05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
he means, he is glad Ozzfest is only taking place on 1 day in Dallas Texas, and that he does not have to deal with meat heads touring the country and putting their shit everywhere.... and he feels the same with Warped tour.

Memorial_07
05-13-2008, 02:39 PM
sharon fucked everyone over this year...and this is lineup is fine with me. especially Rigor Mortis
i just don't see why serj is playing.

Blinken
05-13-2008, 03:38 PM
System was a staple of Ozzfest, and Serj obviously gets along well with Sharon they headlined the damn thing when Ozzy was hurt. He is doing festivals this summer, how can you not see this? Are you blind?

gaypalmsprings
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Pizza Hut Park - do they serve Spicy Pizza?

gaypalmsprings
05-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Judas Priest is the main reason to go though... I think they will be performing their entire new album at the show... I cant wait to hear it...

I wish Judas Priest would play at True Colors tour

crazzz2007
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
he means, he is glad Ozzfest is only taking place on 1 day in Dallas Texas, and that he does not have to deal with meat heads touring the country and putting their shit everywhere.... and he feels the same with Warped tour.

maybe that's what he means, but it doesn't make sense.

he doesn't have to deal with them. just don't attend.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 03:49 PM

Thank you.

I have no problem with these festivals existing, but I'm just not a fan. So becoming a destination festival is awesome, for me, because I won't have to deal with it anymore.

EDIT: crazzz, it's like if Hinder got their own Vegas show and stopped touring. It'd be awesome, I wouldn't have to deal with them coming by where I live anymore.

crazzz2007
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you.

I have no problem with these festivals existing, but I'm just not a fan. So becoming a destination festival is awesome, for me, because I won't have to deal with it anymore.

EDIT: crazzz, it's like if Hinder got their own Vegas show and stopped touring. It'd be awesome, I wouldn't have to deal with them coming by where I live anymore.

wow, we posted at almost the same time.

see post above, and reply.

EDIT: so basically, you get bothered/annoyed if a band you dislike plays a show near where you live? why? this is fascinating.

Memorial_07
05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
System was a staple of Ozzfest, and Serj obviously gets along well with Sharon they headlined the damn thing when Ozzy was hurt. He is doing festivals this summer, how can you not see this? Are you blind?

Serj isn't the Ozzfest type.
SOAD Is, he isn't

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
wow, we posted at almost the same time.

see post above, and reply.

EDIT: so basically, you get bothered/annoyed if a band you dislike plays a show near where you live? why? this is fascinating.

This isn't just any band, it's Ozzfest. And if they decide to stop touring and install themselves in one city, awesome. I'm not going to complain about every band I don't like that tours near me, but if a fixture of the summer touring scene that I happen to dislike decides to become a destination festival, great for them. Great for the city of Dallas, who'll be raking in the tourism dough, and great for Ozzy and Sharon, dilapidated a performer that he is now.

I've also grown up around kids who ONLY wanted to go to Ozzfest or Warped Tour and never broaden their musical horizons, so for me it just represents an element of my past that should stay there, in the past.

woogie846
05-13-2008, 05:03 PM
No thank you.

crazzz2007
05-13-2008, 05:34 PM
This isn't just any band, it's Ozzfest. And if they decide to stop touring and install themselves in one city, awesome. I'm not going to complain about every band I don't like that tours near me, but if a fixture of the summer touring scene that I happen to dislike decides to become a destination festival, great for them. Great for the city of Dallas, who'll be raking in the tourism dough, and great for Ozzy and Sharon, dilapidated a performer that he is now.

I've also grown up around kids who ONLY wanted to go to Ozzfest or Warped Tour and never broaden their musical horizons, so for me it just represents an element of my past that should stay there, in the past.

you are over-analyzing this.

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll over-analyze your face.

YOUR FACE, I TELL YOU.

brando4n82
05-13-2008, 08:40 PM
At least they have The Sword

BrettShipes
05-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Good for Ozzy, the man is too goddamn old to keep touring. That stuff takes a toll on a person.

I'm sure there are a lot of pissed off metalheads in the world now, but they should be pissed off that metal totally fucking sucks now. The guy from SOAD and the guy from Korn? That's the best there is? Really? Sad. And Metallica is way... WAY... past their prime. Unless they guarantee a Kill 'Em All set and grow their hair back.

Stainofmind
05-14-2008, 01:00 AM
maybe if it wasn't for Sharons fucked up business practice the fest could of still be strong. Did you guys know that the 2nd stage minus the headliners had to pay 75,000 dollars to get on it. Some of them paid and were successful but for some others it was a fucked up business move. Like from Ozzfest 2003 mostly none of those bands are around today except for Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Cradle of Filth, and Voivod (RIP Piggy).

paulb
05-14-2008, 01:04 AM
dont forget about Wicked Wisdom...Jada Pinketts band...

Stainofmind
05-14-2008, 01:19 AM
dont forget about Wicked Wisdom...Jada Pinketts band...

yeah I seen them. Will Smith was there too. That guy is huge. Anyways, I'm will to bet Jada foot the bill for the band to be on it. 75,000 is toilet paper to her.

paulb
05-14-2008, 01:25 AM
That idea has worked REALLY well for tons of bands on Ozzfest though.... great exposure... Incubus... System... Limp Bizkit...Slipknot...Disturbed...