PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody Vs. Itunes

garrett222
05-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Anyone else check out rhapsody? I'm a big itunes/ipod guy, but i'm sick of buying albums and being disappointed. 15 bucks a month and i get to hear EVERY fricking cd/album i want a million times and maybe end up buying 2 or 3 cds a year that are MUST OWNS forever and many i can burn out over time and not need to own them.

Thoughts?

Also, if you do use rhapsody, what is the best portable player that people love having? I was looking at a sandisk or an iriver.

paulb
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
thats why you download the music... fuck paying for some digital media.

garrett222
05-12-2008, 03:13 PM
any more sensible responses?

paulb
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
sorry... im just an ipod guy...

garrett222
05-12-2008, 03:33 PM
i am as well, 100% actually. I see this as an additional music service i can partake of. I have an ipod shuffle, 60 GB video Ipod, and Iphone. I'm an Ipod guy. The one thing they don't offer is subscription music, and i'm hungry for it big time. I'm listening to an Armin Van Buuren CD which has some great songs, but i'm soooo glad i didn't buy it. This way i can listen to it 3 or 4 times and call it a day without owning it forever and constantly avoiding it on my itunes. There was a short moment where i thought i liked ani difranco...now years later I keep her on my itunes because i paid money for her shit, and i never care to hear it again. So i'm thinking of buying a cheap 2gb player to have with me when i want to hear new stuff, and all my purchased stuff will be on my iphone/ipods

OutOfmYminD
05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Rhapsody is amazing. It really is a good buy, I would still have it if my damnable computer didn't have issues with it (well, if my computer didn't have issues with windows media player). Still, the editorial content, including reviews, radio stations, artist playlists etc. is all top notch.

I wouldn't ever buy a CD off of rhapsody (check out Amazon.com or Emusic for that) but it is an excellect way to explore new music. DRM is a pet pieve of mine so I only ever streamed off of rhapsody. I still felt that it was worth the 9.99 a month but if you're a little strapped for cash http://free.napster.com/ allows you to listen to the songs in their catalogue for free but you don't get all the extra cool member stuff.