PDA

View Full Version : Worst moment of Coachella 08?

Pages : [1] 2

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 08:40 AM
If there is one, let's hear it.

For me it was probably passing out during JJ, seeing as I've never fainted before so it was rather scary and I didn't know what was going on.

RedThom
05-09-2008, 08:42 AM
eating an all beef hot dog and having 20 dollars pick pocketed from me.
Also anyone who had to go "boom boom" knows that they had at least one bad experience a day.

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Silly Brian.

I wouldn't trust a Coachella Beef Dog.

Courtney
05-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Using the portapotties on Saturday night.

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
my girlfriend twisting her ankle at DeVotchKa.

oh, and uffie.

Cammo
05-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Middle of the day in the smoking tent near the main stage I thought every person in there was talking about me in a really negative way...Ahhhh the drugs

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Middle of the day in the smoking tent near the main stage I thought every person in there was talking about me in a really negative way...Ahhhh the drugs

They were definitely out to get you.

MarkO
05-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Cocksucking cop in the parking lot on Fri telling me there was 'no problem' in the lot and that I should follow the lights.

Assholes, every one of them.

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Cocksucking cop in the parking lot on Fri telling me there was 'no problem' in the lot and that I should follow the lights.

Assholes, every one of them.

Agreed. That was ridiculous.
I ended up just crawling in the bed of my friend's truck and falling asleep.

Roadkillhighway951
05-09-2008, 09:17 AM
a cocksucking cop in the parking lot, is that where the gay orgy was happening

Jakewc151
05-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Using the portopotty on Saturday in the afternoon to poop

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Why didn't you use the nice bathrooms Jake?

Todfilm
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Walking into the Sahara tent to see Aphex Twin and thinking "Oh good, he hasn't started yet." Then looking up on stage to see a guy with a laptop and going "Oh wait. He has."

billyboyblue
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
My friend getting the car stuck in the parking lot Sunday morning.

I was like "dude, i think we're gonna bottom out". I don't know if he didn't hear me, or if he was too baked to understand and process what I said but he managed to perfectly balance the car on it's frame hangin off the edge of the parking area.
We were REALLLY hung over from the previous night and were in dire need of some IHOP. We all got out and tried to push the car off of the ledge we were stuck on, wouldn't budge. Some, drove past slowly to admire the new parking lot "decoration" but others stopped by to help, THANK YOU! But still, we were stuck. So we sat in the car with the AC on full blast, smiling and waving at onlookers until a tractor came and pulled us off the ledge with a chain, YAY!

discoinfiltrator
05-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Using the portapotties on Saturday night.

how about saturday at noon? i was shocked that the ones near the sahara had clearly not yet been cleaned from the day before. in years past i've always thought GV did the best job they could with the portapotties, but to face that mess of human waste, no toilet paper and no purell first thing after the gates opened was horrifying! please, GV, get it back together for 2009.

Jagh20
05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
A. Dropping my cash and not bum rushing the guy I saw pick it up before I lost him in the beer garden.

B. Being a dumbass and misplacing my ticket...Got one for cheap...but fuck that walk from Parking Lot 5

algunz
05-09-2008, 10:04 AM
A. Dropping my cash and not bum rushing the guy I saw pick it up before I lost him in the beer garden.

B. Being a dumbass and misplacing my ticket...Got one for cheap...but fuck that walk from Parking Lot 5

Jagh, maybe we need to get a better system for holding on to things.

fatbastard
05-09-2008, 10:07 AM
They ran out of decaf on Friday night.

CalmerThanYou
05-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Grabbing three tickets for friday from our RV...only to show up to the venue to find we grabbed friday, sat, and sunday tickets. :/

we bought 2 scalped fridays, and our buddies drove in from OC to meet up with us that night (good for them!) since getting back to our RV at the campground would have cost at least 1.5 hours in show time.

Other than that, awesome.

greghead
05-09-2008, 10:17 AM
My friend getting the car stuck in the parking lot Sunday morning.

I was like "dude, i think we're gonna bottom out". I don't know if he didn't hear me, or if he was too baked to understand and process what I said but he managed to perfectly balance the car on it's frame hangin off the edge of the parking area.
We were REALLLY hung over from the previous night and were in dire need of some IHOP. We all got out and tried to push the car off of the ledge we were stuck on, wouldn't budge. Some, drove past slowly to admire the new parking lot "decoration" but others stopped by to help, THANK YOU! But still, we were stuck. So we sat in the car with the AC on full blast, smiling and waving at onlookers until a tractor came and pulled us off the ledge with a chain, YAY!

My friend and I saw you guys and were laughing hysterically.

You need to make sure your buddy never lives that down; that was truly idiotic

algunz
05-09-2008, 10:26 AM
They ran out of decaf on Friday night.

Where was the coffee?

Vic Viper
05-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Waking up at 4:30 Monday morning in the back of my car to leave after the traffic had dispersed only to have my battery dead.

One hour, a really nice Indio police officer and a jump later, I was finally on the way home.

Trailmix
05-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Losing my Saturday ticket and having to buy another one. Talk about something to put you in a bad mood to start out the day. Did not realize it was missing until I had passed through security and was at the ticket scanner people.

bartelby
05-09-2008, 10:49 AM
being lazy, missing Austin TV

caeden
05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
not drinking enough water friday. that caused me to skip the last half of the raconteurs while trying to recover by taking a nap in the kroq tent. didn't work. missed the verve and fatboy slim (i'll see jack johnson at bonnaroo later). i returned back to my palm springs hotel room and fell asleep all before 11pm. that sucked.

betao
05-09-2008, 12:22 PM
having to sit through the atrocious mess of noise that is Diplo to see Aphex Twin.

flowbee
05-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Losing my Saturday ticket and having to buy another one. Talk about something to put you in a bad mood to start out the day. Did not realize it was missing until I had passed through security and was at the ticket scanner people.

Ouch at least Saturday was worth it.

Worst for me was probably trying to find my car in the dark after Friday and not remembering where it was and being unfamiliar with the area. Then waiting to get out of the parking lot and dealing with all the dust flying around

Sonicifyouwantit
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
leaving sunday night, thinking 365 days huh. ok I can make it

twoheadedboy
05-09-2008, 02:45 PM
making the stupid decision to go barefoot in the flogging molly mosh pit

and

then passing out cold in the flogging molly mosh pit and being rushed to the ER... thus missing prince

djoz187
05-09-2008, 02:54 PM

Exact same shit happened to me and I had to buy a new one from some guy. Was pissed until I saw I'm From Barcelona to start off the day, put a big smile on my face and I forgot all about it!

gaypalmsprings
05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
barfing from asian chicken wrap & missing Sunday

PassiveTheory
05-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Nearly being left behind on Monday... Stupid sleeping in.

Watching Swervedriver. I can see how people enjoyed them (and kroqken DID enjoy them), but fuck I missed Gogol AGAIN... Christ.

Leaving Goldfrapp early... Apparently they clicked in right after Ooh La La, but I did get to see Utopia and Ooh La La.

Thinking Annuals would be worth seeing.

Blinken
05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah i thought you actually got left behind. They were all packed up and waiting, i think they almost left a few times. Then Kingsblend left and I kept expecting you to come to the camp site and find them gone.

rrrafe
05-09-2008, 03:21 PM

QFT

Blinken
05-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Watching the sun come up Monday morning knowing i had pack the tent and head back to the real world.

PassiveTheory
05-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah i thought you actually got left behind. They were all packed up and waiting, i think they almost left a few times. Then Kingsblend left and I kept expecting you to come to the camp site and find them gone.

I really thought the sun would wake me up at 8, but instead I got up at 10, wtf. But yeah I would have been totally fucked.

humanoid
05-09-2008, 03:39 PM
injuring my knee very badly partway into Saturday...having to get it wrapped in the first aid tent....limping around all day Saturday....

then waking up Sunday morning, almost unable to walk, fearing that I may not even make it to the festival.....but then finding the perfect mix of alcohol and drugs to make the horrendous pain bearable.....and having a blast Sunday still

I still may need surgery though

Sonicifyouwantit
05-09-2008, 04:49 PM
QFT

que?

Pixiessp
05-09-2008, 06:09 PM

and

then passing out cold in the flogging molly mosh pit and being rushed to the ER... thus missing prince

no way!!! that sucks.

stinkbutt
05-09-2008, 06:11 PM

and

Well that sucks, but you chose Flogging Molly over Portishead you had already lost

boarderwoozel3
05-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Getting some fucked up food poisoning on Sat. evening and subsequently holding down vomit for the rest of the weekend. Not fun in that heat. Still had a blast though.

I will never eat an “Italian Wrap” again!

Pixiessp
05-09-2008, 06:20 PM
-not being able to find our car on Friday and having to get a ride from the golf cart guy with the cute accent and cowboy hat.(cute accent guy was sweet).
-having to go pottie on Saturday and choosing to go to the port a potties by the Sahara where,after getting in line,I noticed some people doing a complete about face when they viewed what the potties looked like inside.
I had to pee pee so i stayed and I saw large amts of fecal matter.but what really did me in was the cup of urine and the pregnancy dip stick I saw in the little urinal. I lost whatever I had eaten that day.didn't make it into potty hole but right onto seat where i had put down all 5 of my trial size toilet seat covers. ended up squatting to avoid my own vomit. After that I only used the bathrooms by the lockers.

PrettyRagdoll
05-09-2008, 06:29 PM

Were you drunk? In what way did that at all sound like a good idea, before doing it? Haha.

anonimouse
05-09-2008, 07:04 PM
que?

QFT = quoted for truth

Deputy
05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
not drinking enough water friday and having to leave the verve's set after only three songs, i was pretty close to them too and bittersweet symphony is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Stainofmind
05-09-2008, 11:57 PM
having to take a shit in the nice mens bathroom when 3 fine looking mexican chicks waiting for you to finish. Apparently the ladies restrooms lines were too long and opt out for the mens room.

fiopadp7791
05-10-2008, 12:05 AM
The Black Kids set on Friday... I only made it through 3 songs of that torture before finding Les Savy Fav and redeeming that hour on Fri.

Experiencing "splash back" from doing a #2 early Sat in the porta potties by the ourdoor theater. That was early in the day too, when they were halfway empty and useable... worst nightmarish feeling EVER!

Sunday night after the Justice... knowing I probably wouldn't go to sleep, and have everything all packed and ready by 4:30 A.M. to get back to LAX for my 9:30 flight (wanted tons of extra time to deal with the L.A. traffic and rental car return). And the fact that it's another 365 days until next year...

Cpt. Funkaho
05-10-2008, 12:23 AM
The crazy early-evening midtier conflicts on Friday... dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip / Goldfrapp / The National / Raconteurs, then Raconteurs / Swell Season / Aphex Twin / Aesop Rock / Santogold, then The Verve / Pendulum / Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings.

I chose dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip > The National > The Raconteurs > The Swell Season > The Verve, but even though they were all great shows, I knew I was missing an equal number of similarly excellent shows elsewhere. It hurt a lot.

gmoneyak
05-10-2008, 12:25 AM
having to take a shit in the nice mens bathroom when 3 fine looking mexican chicks waiting for you to finish. Apparently the ladies restrooms lines were too long and opt out for the mens room.

Haha...that same thing happened to me a couple times, i even busted in a girl using the toliet once. Too bad she wasn't cute.

For me, the worst thing was the marathon-like trek back to Lot 5 on Sunday night.

coldstart
05-10-2008, 01:21 AM
This is a small rock about the size of my small finger nail:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/2464173403_d96a9b863e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/viyh/2464173403/)

I bit down on it from a falafel which I purchased on Friday afternoon from one of the food booths. It cracked half of my molar off.

The good news was that there was no pain; i.e. it hadn't cracked down to the nerve. It was really shitty that it happened on the first day of Coachella and I also had a 7 day roadtrip after the festival before getting back home to a dentist.

Fuck the falafel booth.

PassiveTheory
05-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Ow.

Stainofmind
05-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Haha...that same thing happened to me a couple times

I feel better now that I wasnt the only one.

Stainofmind
05-10-2008, 01:37 AM
This is a small rock about the size of my small finger nail:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/2464173403_d96a9b863e.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/viyh/2464173403/)

I bit down on it from a falafel which I purchased on Friday afternoon from one of the food booths. It cracked half of my molar off.

The good news was that there was no pain; i.e. it hadn't cracked down to the nerve. It was really shitty that it happened on the first day of Coachella and I also had a 7 day roadtrip after the festival before getting back home to a dentist.

Fuck the falafel booth.

I would of regulated on them and threaten to sue.

coldstart
05-10-2008, 01:50 AM
I would of regulated on them and threaten to sue.

I thought about it but really, what the fuck was I going to do? Nothing was going to help the current situation. I wasn't going to leave the festival before I get to see fucking APHEX TWIN since I had been waiting forever to do so. So I said fuck it and had a blast. :P

emtgreg
05-10-2008, 02:58 AM
lol...that sucks coldstart...

on the other hand, you know you were playing with the broken molar with your tongue for like 4 days :)

pinkzombiebrains
05-10-2008, 04:24 AM
I got sick and almost fainted during Prince because there was so many people. We were way towards the front of the stage and it took so long to get out of the crowd. My brother nearly had to carry me out.

And Sunday morning me and my brother had a huge fight and I ended up taking a bus home that took 7 hours and was really scary.

MarkO
05-10-2008, 04:48 AM
/\ Are you 12 ?? There was *tons* of room up front at Prince. It was a very well behaved and considerate crowd.

coldstart
05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
lol...that sucks coldstart...

on the other hand, you know you were playing with the broken molar with your tongue for like 4 days :)

Yep :P

I also learned that you have to eat really slow when you are trying to eat with one side of your mouth. And when enough alcohol is in your system, that's almost impossible.

stuporfly
05-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I went alone. I met a few people at various stages who were incredibly nice, and I narrowly missed hooking up with some old friends. But I really wanted to be able to turn and say, "Amazing!" to a good friend after a spectacular set, or , "What the fuck was that?" after that guy who served me the veggies and brown rice was higher than anyone else at the festival.

It was my first Coachella, and such an incredible experience. I wanted to share it with someone, and I could only do it via cell phone and e-mails.

allthingsthatrock
05-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Getting suckered into missing The Verve for Pendulum. I still don't know if I needed THAT good of a spot for Fatboy.

Coachella Bound
05-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Worst moment....ughhhh...well. Shit, I guess the worst moment was packin' up monday morning and sayin' goodbye. But even then I was so gratefull for my weekend that I had the biggest smile all the way home.

ripley
05-10-2008, 11:33 PM
starting off Sunday with 4 beers... walking over a mile to the venue, only to find out we'd forgotten tickets. Walking all the way back to the campsite, walking all the way back to venue again...

stood for about 6 hours about 20 feet from the main-stage to see Roger Waters, only to start getting heat stroke or dehydration, or whatever the hell it was RIGHT BEFORE THE GUY GOT UP ON STAGE. Felt bad about it too... I must have trampled a few people trying to get out. I'm a pretty big dude.

Sorry if you got stepped on. Or possibly kicked in the head when I was trying to hop over the little fence-thingy they had set up...

pinkzombiebrains
05-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Ha ha, not twelve years old. The full day of Saturday just finally caught up to me during Prince and the area I was in was a bit smooshed. But never said anything about people being inconsiderate or not behaving well. People around me were really nice and the guy behind me held me up a bit when I started to feel sick. I was so sad that I didn't get to see the whole set of Prince.

rage patton
05-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Seeing Scars on Broadway. Uffie was pretty bad too.

MarkO
05-11-2008, 07:04 AM
...... People around me were really nice and the guy behind me held me up a bit when I started to feel sick. I was so sad that I didn't get to see the whole set of Prince.

Were you on the left side of the stage about 10/15 rows back ??

betao
05-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Well that sucks, but you chose Flogging Molly over Portishead you had already lost

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

mad jack the hat
05-11-2008, 08:07 AM
my whole trip was amazing we come over from uk camped there we were wearing the best sun glasses and a i love myself tshirt witch i changed my self to boobies then done the clash on karioke took lots of drugs meet amazing people mainly female. worst part back flippin into lots of cups of empty beer cups and splittin my shorts lol hahahaaaa

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-11-2008, 09:02 AM
leaving the parking lot on Saturday after Prince.

Boourns
05-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Some fucker stealing my camera.

damon8
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
getting the emek poster for 07 for 25 dollars and this years number 12 for 60 dollars then having them stolen from my locker....

KatieLyn
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
This thread makes me a bit sad for everyone.
But all in all, I think we all had a great time.

aprillynnn
05-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Probably seeing the porta potties by the Sahara on Sat am ... can't believe they weren't cleaned over night ...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
ugh...the portapotties where not in the best shape at all this year....

leo01g
05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
i didnt realize it till like 10 minutes after that someone had taken the blunt that was on my hand.

twoheadedboy
05-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Were you drunk? In what way did that at all sound like a good idea, before doing it? Haha.

haahaa
yeah
i wasnt in the right state of mind but whatever...
my feet were the least of my problems once i got to the ER
they werent hurt or anything, so... no big deal

in regards to the portishead thing..
everyone says that to me, but i honestly didnt see any reason in my opinion to go see them.. i am not impressed by them

blackinkonly
05-12-2008, 05:03 PM
My bf lost the key to the locker.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Eating a philly steak sandwich on Friday Night (which was not good at all) and suffering the aftermath on Saturday. I had to make at least 4 trips to the porta poties. Still, I managed to get the least fucked up potties.

Trailmix
05-12-2008, 05:21 PM
With all of the horror stories with food was it me or was the food overall not great this year? I did find one place that had decent cheese steaks but everything else I had kind of sucked.

kitt kat
05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Sahara bathrooms. I just gave up.

Thursday night's freeze frost of death in the campground.

Having the campground security take our weed but not our beer.

Other than that, no one got sick, no one lost anything, no one got hurt. YAY! Coachella 08---success.

leo01g
05-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Sahara bathrooms. I just gave up.

Thursday night's freeze frost of death in the campground.

Having the campground security take our weed but not our beer.

Other than that, no one got sick, no one lost anything, no one got hurt. YAY! Coachella 08---success.

Yeah this year it was fucking cold in the night

boarderwoozel3
05-12-2008, 11:27 PM
I second the sahara bathrooms, ewwww.

The sketchy food too, fucked Sunday right up for me.

And the cold nights, no deals.

lindysindie
05-12-2008, 11:41 PM
getting scamed out of $75 by the sparkles girl with the fake "party favors". I will track her down and take my revenge!

and my body deciding that it didn't like drugs and wanted them out, damnit out! (like seven times.)

loveless
05-12-2008, 11:49 PM
losing my friend after rilo kiley, islands were worth it though, but i roamed around solo the rest of the night, kind of sucked when prince played.

and some asian girl bumping into my car while i was getting gas at two in the morning, it was like oh hey sorry i didnt see your car there! i was too tired to get upset so i just told her it was fine.

at least the drive home wasnt too bad.

send me ctrpllrs
05-13-2008, 11:09 AM
getting scamed out of $75 by the sparkles girl with the fake "party favors". I will track her down and take my revenge!

and my body deciding that it didn't like drugs and wanted them out, damnit out! (like seven times.)

She had bunk stuff? That sucks. She came up to us, we passed her test haha but didn't need anything. Good thing we didn't want to get anything from her.

whynotsmile99
05-13-2008, 11:17 AM
getting the emek poster for 07 for 25 dollars and this years number 12 for 60 dollars then having them stolen from my locker....

how did that happen? did you leave it open or something? that trips me out. those lockers seemed legit. i left my wallet and camera in there at times

whynotsmile99
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
hearing these food stories scare me. I got lucky and had no problems with the food this year or any year i've started going in since 06. I mostly stuck to the delicious and fresh artichoke chicken wraps and Spicy Pie.

On Sunday night, the Indian food place was giving away curry for $2 bucks. I have no idea why last batch curry at 1 in the morning sounded like a good idea but it was grubbing. As I was eating it, I sorta knew it was going to fuck me over Monday morning, but what can I say. Luckily, I had no problems

leo01g
05-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I didnt have any problems with the food. I actually enjoyed it more than last year.

loveless
05-13-2008, 05:36 PM
oh thanks :)

Trailmix
05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
All I know is that the pulled pork sucked ass. That shit was so dry. I was lucky and did not get sick on anything but was disappointed with most of my $8 food purchases

Botrocker
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
With all of the horror stories with food was it me or was the food overall not great this year? I did find one place that had decent cheese steaks but everything else I had kind of sucked.

Those were good!

Vic Viper
05-13-2008, 08:14 PM
I mostly stuck with Spicy Pie because it didn't upset my stomach at all. Some of the shit you all ate gives me cramps just thinking about it.

theburiedlife
05-13-2008, 08:22 PM
The worst moment in Coachella 08' was waiting in line, this year was pretty much perfect.

...except for the abomination that is the Burgerito.

Cdubby
05-13-2008, 08:25 PM
The worst moment in Coachella 08' was waiting in line, this year was pretty much perfect.

those were so fucking terrible

Wheres the beef?
05-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Worst moment of Coachella 08:

When I thought I lost my tinfoil that was stashed in my wallet. But then I found it in my pocket. Sweet!

theburiedlife
05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Worst moment of Coachella 08:

When I thought I lost my tinfoil that was stashed in my wallet. But then I found it in my pocket. Sweet!

http://www.foxnews.com/images/360583/0_61_040708_meth.gif

luckyface
05-13-2008, 08:37 PM

Oooh, please explain what this is. I missed it.

Cdubby
05-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Oooh, please explain what this is. I missed it.

it was a "burger" wrapped in a tortilla and it was supposed to contain some kind of mexican style sauce, cheese, rice etc...you know the burrito part, (thats what i thought i was going to get).

instead it was a tortilla stuffed with chunks of unseasoned ground beef and huge chunks of potatos with some lettuce (i think). it was a total piece of shit, no sauce whatsoever, dry and tasteless. waste of like 7 bucks.

theburiedlife
05-13-2008, 08:57 PM
The cheese made it terrible, I felt like taking a shower after I finished it (still shocked I did).

Cdubby
05-13-2008, 09:01 PM
The cheese made it terrible, I felt like taking a shower after I finished it (still shocked I did).

oh god, i tossed it maybe half way through it, was still hungry and bought a slice of pizza

RAFINGKO
05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I would have to say that the worst this year was definitely the food. The only thing I ate that was alright was the Hawaiian bowl and rice.
Last year I had a wrap that was soo good I ate it every day. This year the same wrap was garbage. Frozen lemonades were always good though.

ecapataz
05-14-2008, 02:19 AM
Having to head home after it was over.

I thoroughly enjoyed 2008 more than any other.

hendrixfan143
05-14-2008, 03:18 PM
losing camera during justice

Memorial_07
05-14-2008, 04:19 PM
my camera screen cracking during prince

amyzzz
05-15-2008, 08:35 AM
The turkey leg we ate during Roger Waters. Gross! And Roger Waters kinda sucked too. I wish a band I actually liked had a really cool light/sound show like that so I wouldn't lose interest and wander over to Simian Mobile Disco (who kicked ass!).

KatieLyn
05-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I've heard bad things about the turkey legs.

JordanAnderson
05-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Getting $600 stolent from my wallet, while on mushrooms.

tiffdud41
05-15-2008, 10:20 AM
My worst moment was realizing that I'd lost my wallet which contained two paychecks that I was supposed to deposite. I was broke, so I overdrafted my bank account and hoped for the best. Luckily I had John with me to buy a beer here and there....and I'm sooo not a mooch. I also had my ID and debit card in my pocket, so I guess I lucked out a little.

brando4n82
05-15-2008, 11:22 AM

awful, how do you get 600$ stolen from your wallet, but not your whole wallett?

RAFINGKO
05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
awful, how do you get 600$ stolen from your wallet, but not your whole wallett?

Thats probably where the " while on mushrooms" comes in

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM

stop doing one of two things...stop putting $600 in your pocket at a fest or stop eating shrooms...or both.

iheartjtt
05-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Coachella was awesome, so leaving was the worst part. Everything went smoothly, other than feeling slightly weak midday and falling asleep and missing MGMT (oh well). I didn't have any trouble with the food, either. The Sahara porta potties definitely take the cake, though... who craps in a urinal? Honestly.

airguitarvet
05-17-2008, 09:10 AM
i was sad it was over. best year ever!

M Sparks
05-17-2008, 09:31 AM
For me it was probably passing out during JJ,

It was probably extra scary because there was no one behind you to catch you.

rage patton
05-18-2008, 12:29 PM
my camera screen cracking during prince

He is just the sexy eh?

Spongehead56
05-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Definitely watching MIA's lame performance. Putting all the lights issues aside, her voice wasn't able to be understood and came out just loud, obnoxious mumbling.

BlackSteve0
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
It was probably extra scary because there was no one behind you to catch you.

LOL

Sigur Ros Stache
05-19-2008, 11:39 AM

Yep, these things were disgusting! UGH!

iheartjtt
05-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Definitely watching MIA's lame performance. Putting all the lights issues aside, her voice wasn't able to be understood and came out just loud, obnoxious mumbling.

I agree. I admit I was underwhelmed. I had fun getting my dance on, though. Nice that she had people come up onstage.

stuporfly
05-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Yep, these things were disgusting! UGH!

I walked by the Burgerrito booth once or twice and was very nearly tempted, but something told me to keep on walking. Glad to hear I made the right choice.

special44
05-22-2008, 05:52 PM

362 silly

special44
05-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Trying to get into Mum's amazing performance but getting distracted by a rather poopy odor....

airguitarvet
05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Worst moment of Coachella 08? people skipping out on uffie!

Somewhat Damaged
05-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I've successfully avoided having to crap the last 2 Coachellas. Behind the port-a-potties near the Sahara were a couple of trailer bathrooms which were actually fairly nice, especially since I just used the urinal. I never really had to wait in them and while the floor had a mystery liquid come Sunday, they weren't really gross at all. You people need to learn to avoid port-a-potties at all costs. My solution: eat once during the day and leave your second meal for very late at night so that if the urge to shit hits you, you can probably hold it off for the couple hours till you get back to the hotel.

Ravingmad
06-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Getting into a car wreck right as I got to Indio -- made the whole 3 hour drive safely and then cracked up my car 10 minutes from the festival! Luckily my insurance company was awesome and got me towed and a rental truck all within a couple hours, so I didn't miss much of the show :)

bluemamba
06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Playing "shoulders" (a drinking game) saturday at about noon. I was planning to get in the venue at about 2 with enough time to spare to catch MGMT and anybody before them. i ended up getting really hammered (im talking hammered, like you can punch me in the face and i wont feel it. thats how drunk) and time flew by. I missed MGMT which i guess i missed out, but made it in time to see Cafe Tacvba. Me and my friend were drunk and we started moshing. Soon there was a mosh pit going on. It was really hot (not that it really bothered me or anything cuz of the alcohol) and i was so drunk i couldnt feel that i was getting dehydraded. After jumping around and going crazy for a while, I noticed something was not right when i started seing stars i felt like passing out and throwing up which is not a very good feeling. i took it more easy and one of the security guys was nice enough to give me half of his water. i got all the way to the front row to see Death Cab after Tacvba. I saw the whole Death Cab show but i only remember 2 of there songs. That show went by so quick!! after theyre show i started feeling like i wanted to pass out again because of the heat. I was so lucky that one of the crew guys was throwing bottled water into the crowd and i was lucky enough to catch one. i was so close to leaving the front row and to get water but didnt want to give up that spot and miss Portishead and Prince. That water bottle ended up saving my saturday. After enjoying amazing performances by Kraftwerk, Portishead and Prince, i started feeling so weak and my legs were even giving out on me and i had that weird chill down my spine and i was light headed like a bitch. I barely made it one of the stands and bought two gatorades and downed them both. 5-10 minutes later i felt great.

Lessons ive learned for next year

- yeah go ahead and get drunk but not too drunk in the day cuz it will catch up to you. I think i might have been close to being in bad condition.

-Never mosh being stupid drunk in coachella heat.

-If so, take a few gatorades with you so you wont lose a good spot to get water.

-Dehydration is a creeper when your drunk. Before you know it your already about to pass out. (And trust me. I can hold my shit.)

slurpee
06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Playing "shoulders" (a drinking game) saturday at about noon. I was planning to get in the venue at about 2 with enough time to spare to catch MGMT and anybody before them. i ended up getting really hammered (im talking hammered, like you can punch me in the face and i wont feel it. thats how drunk) and time flew by. I missed MGMT which i guess i missed out, but made it in time to see Cafe Tacvba. Me and my friend were drunk and we started moshing. Soon there was a mosh pit going on. It was really hot (not that it really bothered me or anything cuz of the alcohol) and i was so drunk i couldnt feel that i was getting dehydraded. After jumping around and going crazy for a while, I noticed something was not right when i started seing stars i felt like passing out and throwing up which is not a very good feeling. i took it more easy and one of the security guys was nice enough to give me half of his water. i got all the way to the front row to see Death Cab after Tacvba. I saw the whole Death Cab show but i only remember 2 of there songs. That show went by so quick!! after theyre show i started feeling like i wanted to pass out again because of the heat. I was so lucky that one of the crew guys was throwing bottled water into the crowd and i was lucky enough to catch one. i was so close to leaving the front row and to get water but didnt want to give up that spot and miss Portishead and Prince. That water bottle ended up saving my saturday. After enjoying amazing performances by Kraftwerk, Portishead and Prince, i started feeling so weak and my legs were even giving out on me and i had that weird chill down my spine and i was light headed like a bitch. I barely made it one of the stands and bought two gatorades and downed them both. 5-10 minutes later i felt great.

- yeah go ahead and get drunk but not too drunk in the day cuz it will catch up to you. I think i might have been close to being in bad condition.

-If so, take a few gatorades with you so you wont lose a good spot to get water.

-Dehydration is a creeper when your drunk. Before you know it your already about to pass out. (And trust me. I can hold my shit.)

Says the Coachella n00b every year........

PC-2 Violence
09-06-2008, 08:13 PM

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c46/NoAh2323/Halloween_-_The_Ambiguously_Gay_-1.jpg

Memorial_07
09-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Worst moment?
Having to miss Flogging Molly

rage patton
09-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Uffie and Scars on Broadway.

boarderwoozel3
09-06-2008, 10:18 PM
American Bang- I was embarrassed for them.

greghead
09-06-2008, 10:19 PM

No shit. I'm glad you just figured this out.

Here's alesson for you and all the other noobs: you can bring in sealed bottles of water. I filled my backpack with eight bottles of water and never once had to go buy water. I even ended up giving out bottles of water to a dude I thought was going to keel over and die.

Worst moment: Having to sit through the shitfest that was Diplo's set to have a good spot for Aphex.

zenidogx
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
、润普录音电话管理软件(Windows版)录音电话机 (http://www.googlejk.cn/lydhj.htm)全速USB接口;无间隙语音自动覆盖。润普录音电话管理软件可以安装在PC机、电话录 音设备 (http://www.googlejk.cn/dhlysb.htm)笔记本电脑上,数码录音电话 (http://www.googlejk.cn/smlydh.htm)通过USB接口对RP-BOX10D数字录音电话机进行管理。用户可以通过润普录音电话管理软件可以对录音文件进行复制、删除、保 存、播放、发送邮件等操作,还可以将录音文件上传到PC机  、录音手表 (http://www.googlejk.cn/lysb.htm)笔记本电脑上保存备份。管理软件拓展了录音电话机的存储能力,电话录音系统 (http://www.googlejk.cn/xitongbaojia.htm)使得更多的电话录音能够保存下来

that fucking sucks

bluemamba
09-07-2008, 01:41 AM
No shit. I'm glad you just figured this out.

Here's alesson for you and all the other noobs: you can bring in sealed bottles of water. I filled my backpack with eight bottles of water and never once had to go buy water. I even ended up giving out bottles of water to a dude I thought was going to keel over and die.

Well yeah. I dont live out in Coachella. Ive never gotten drunk in that kind of weather.

quicksand
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Nothing about the festival itself was bad, I was just disappointed with the lack of cool band T's and fucking furious with the parking lot clusterfuck. Besides that it was smooth sailing.

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-26-2008, 07:53 PM
leaving waters early to roll my ass off in the sahara.... but that was still good fun. i just wanted to see DSOTM

betao
09-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Worst moment: Having to sit through the shitfest that was Diplo's set to have a good spot for Aphex.

QFT.

but it was so worth it.

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-27-2008, 12:45 AM
QFT.

but it was so worth it.

call me dumb but what the hell does QFT stand for?

frozen pilgrim
09-27-2008, 12:49 AM
QFT.

but it was so worth it.

we must have all been near each other.

being within firing range of those subs for aphex was the best decision I've ever made :P

I've never felt bass that intense, and I don't know if I ever will again

CHEIF SHAMAN MORRISON
09-27-2008, 03:16 AM
shitting my trousers every hour or so for the whole weekend. at least i could get right to the front of every set rgough. prabebly because i smelled a bit foul

betao
09-27-2008, 06:36 AM
call me dumb but what the hell does QFT stand for?

quoted for truth

amyzzz
09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Bring immodium next time.

boarderwoozel3
09-27-2008, 05:07 PM
How do you spell train wreck?

M.I.A.

Boourns
09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
M.I.A. will blow up a train for the PLO once her career dies down.

sbessiso
09-27-2008, 05:19 PM
How do you spell train wreck?

M.I.A.

How delightfully witty!

bluemamba
09-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Worst moment of Coachella 08?

When Jack Johnson was headlining friday night instead of Jack and Meg White.

paulb
09-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Missing Erol Alkan after Boys Noize due to exhaustion... Uffie was the biggest waste of time over.... probably the worst concert ive seen in my life.... even more so than AvA and Bob Dylan.

bluemamba
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Bob Dylan suck live??

lol

humanoid
09-28-2008, 11:23 PM
/\ Bob Dylan is one of my all time musical heroes, I absolutely adore the man...but at this point, I honestly wish he'd retire from touring and live his life as the legend he is. The last few times I've seen him, it was painful and depressing as his voice is terribly shot and it sounds like a major struggle to force out each line. Many of the songs, you can't even recognize

paulb
09-29-2008, 02:08 AM
exactly... the show i saw, he played:

Cat's In The Well
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
When The Deal Goes Down
Watching The River Flow
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Tangled Up In Blue
Workingman's Blues #2
Highway 61 Revisited
Simple Twist Of Fate
Desolation Row
Summer Days
Like A Rolling Stone
All Along The Watchtower

the first 13 songs all sounded the same, then the only 2 songs that I knew, Like a Rolling Stone and All Along The Watchman were very unrecognizable, you barely even knew he was playing them. the music was in a diff key, his voice was horrible.... he had his back to half the arena the whole time....awful.

lowfront
09-29-2008, 07:40 AM
camping security was so lame.....

can't the campers just have fun

felt like we all had a babysitter in the place

Boourns
09-29-2008, 07:45 AM
exactly... the show i saw, he played:

Cat's In The Well
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
When The Deal Goes Down
Watching The River Flow
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Tangled Up In Blue
Workingman's Blues #2
Highway 61 Revisited
Simple Twist Of Fate
Desolation Row
Summer Days
Like A Rolling Stone
All Along The Watchtower

the first 13 songs all sounded the same, then the only 2 songs that I knew, Like a Rolling Stone and All Along The Watchman were very unrecognizable, you barely even knew he was playing them. the music was in a diff key, his voice was horrible.... he had his back to half the arena the whole time....awful.

Exact same thing when I saw him in 2004. Sad.

DjVS23
10-09-2008, 06:03 AM
My worst Coachella moment.... well, it'd definitely have to have been pre-coachella on that journey there. Should have never started in Las Vegas. Lost like $1,200 in one night. Only bad thing at coachella was Jack Johnson. It was funny tho watching the mass exodus as he was closing out the night.

Funny side note: I stayed at the Plaza Esmeralda, and it happened to be where almost all the artists were staying. My aussie friend was busting on JJ at breakfast in the hotel, and these girls were giving him the "STFU he's right there" look. Lol... sorry Jack. Truth hurts i guess.

frozen pilgrim
10-09-2008, 07:36 AM

really, dude?
I had a blast- they were pretty okay with general insanity- 4AM drum parades, slip 'n' slides... I felt fine sitting in the door to my tent and rolling a half quad into eight pinners on friday night

Memorial_07
10-11-2008, 07:27 AM
missing Purple Rain

I can't say that enough

Stackamynutz
10-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I didn't read any of this thread except the first post, but the worst moment for me of 08 was in the middle of Sunday, just sitting around and waiting for something cool to happen. I hope I don't have a huge chunk of time out like that. Also, close runner up would be on Saturday, after leaving the festival, we wanted to go eat somewhere and we pulled into a place that looked like a family-style pizza and burger place. Upon pulling into the parking lot and seeing all the signs in Spanish as well as about 10 security guards in this tiny parking lot and hearing Mariachi music blasting from the building as well as from multiple cars in the parking lot, we decided we had been tricked into pulling into hell. It was very disappointing and we promptly left (and we were still very hungry).

rage patton
10-11-2008, 01:58 PM
missing Purple Rain

I can't say that enough

How the fuck did you miss Purple Rain?

mvanwinkle
10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
really, dude?
I had a blast- they were pretty okay with general insanity- 4AM drum parades, slip 'n' slides... I felt fine sitting in the door to my tent and rolling a half quad into eight pinners on friday night

did i really miss the smoke session two tents down?? I didnt even realize you guys smoked at all at the tent. bummer.

oftheheartofthesoul
10-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Using the portopotty on Saturday in the afternoon to poop

What the hell else would you be there for? Taking pictures?

Anyway, worst moment was when I nearly passed out at Portishead. I kept thinking to myself, "I will not die to depressing music. I will not die to depressing music..."

frozen pilgrim
10-11-2008, 08:00 PM
did i really miss the smoke session two tents down?? I didnt even realize you guys smoked at all at the tent. bummer.

we didn't smoke much at the tent- just on thursday night, but I rolled what we bought just to keep it safer.

but don't worry- we'll make up for it this year!

sbessiso
10-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Weed!!

sbessiso
10-12-2008, 02:05 AM
and Pilgrim!

mvanwinkle
10-12-2008, 02:13 AM
we didn't smoke much at the tent- just on thursday night, but I rolled what we bought just to keep it safer.

but don't worry- we'll make up for it this year!

o ya I was gonna say, I dont no how I missed all of that. as crazy as this sounds I have never smoked at coachella or on 420, the two times i would be expected to.

Memorial_07
10-12-2008, 08:38 AM
How the fuck did you miss Purple Rain?

my god damn brother. he wanted to leave and I was supposed to meet him at the car, he ends up calling me saying "Hey he's playing Purple Rain!"
and then he called me again saying we're going to leave but he ended up seeing all of it while I was walking to the parking lot
I was fucking PISSED
I only saw the first verse.

darthlaker
10-12-2008, 01:17 PM
worst moment had to be jack johnson...

Memorial_07
10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
AGREED

moomoo
10-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I stupidly got sunscreen in my right eye in the campsite before Friday. Stumbled around with one eye until about 1 o clock when I went to first aid to rinse it. Cleared up around 2 or 3 but it made me extremely exhausted.

Gotta nap in a couple of tents which was kinda lame because I missed a few shows that I wanted to stop by for.

Then, like a fucking idiot, reapplied sunscreen. Dripped from my forehead into my eyes once again. I tried to get it rinsed again but it didn't do shit. Felt like I was completely blind, my only open eye was having trouble seeing without a blur. Everyone though I was having bad acid trip. My nose was dripping (the eye cleaner makes your nose drip like crazy) and I had to piss every three minutes because I was slamming down water hoping it'd help.

THEN I lost my friends and stumbled around like an idiot looking for them. My phone died so I went to a tent to charge it. For some odd reason the charge didn't work and my phone was still dead. Note: This entire time I am missing Goldfrapp and I still fucking hate myself for it. Magically found my friends somehow without using my phone. My eyes cleared up while I caught a small piece of The Verve. Saw Aphex Twin, Pendulum, and finished the night off with FBS and met people in the camp ground afterward.

Despite all that, I still had the best time of my entire life and now live in constant excitement for the next Coachella and the one after that.

I also dearly regret missing saturday and sunday because I would not have had a ride :/.

/longasspost

ADGZ662
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
after leaving the festival, we wanted to go eat somewhere and we pulled into a place that looked like a family-style pizza and burger place. Upon pulling into the parking lot and seeing all the signs in Spanish as well as about 10 security guards in this tiny parking lot and hearing Mariachi music blasting from the building as well as from multiple cars in the parking lot, we decided we had been tricked into pulling into hell. It was very disappointing and we promptly left (and we were still very hungry).

LoL ... you pulled into a place that looked like a castle right? That place is a burger joint (Burgers & Beer) & a pizza joint (Rockafire Pizza) & also a mexican restaurant which is on the 2nd floor of the lil castle. At night on weekend it turns into a mexican nightclub I dont go there because I'm not into Mexican Corrido music but I know for a fact there are always fights at that club.

Jakewc151
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Barely being able to breath during MIA and almost getting in a fight with a bunch of fucking hipsters who thought it was kool to punch their way to the front of the stage. IF MIA IS EVER AT COACHELLA AGAIN DON'T PUT HER IN A TENT!

Trudeau
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
1) Having a really bad anxiety attack during Portishead and having to go eat something (low blood sugar causes anxiety for me) and lay down for a little half way through their excellent set. A huge letdown, I was so angry at myself for not eating enough that day!

2) Missing Purple Rain because the friends I went with were not Prince fans.

3) The Roger Waters/Murs and Simian Mobile Disco conflict. I went with Waters but was disappointed I missed Murs and SMD, who were both top five of artists I wanted to see at Coachella.

Jakewc151
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
3) The Roger Waters/Murs and Simian Mobile Disco conflict. I went with Waters but was disappointed I missed Murs and SMD, who were both top five of artists I wanted to see at Coachella.

Worst conflict ever....i was so pissed, but did the same thing as you.

sin213
10-16-2008, 02:00 PM
worst moment of coachella 2008?

when it ended...worst moment ever.

faxman75
10-16-2008, 02:26 PM

How silly. Security was awesome if you ask me. Simply awesome. Getting into the camping area they are obviously hired to "minimize" alcohol being brought in and drugs but if they catch you with it they don't kick you out or anything. In fact the security guy found a whole gallon of vodka in someones sleeping bag. The security guy asked the camper if he wanted to go put it back in his car. he could have just thrown it away. Our camping group was pretty much right at the edge and closest to all the cops on golf carts. We were kinda loud all weekend long and would be up chatting and hanging out and having a blast even past lights out and not once did we get harrassed. A couple of our campers even took pictures with security and jumped on the back of their golf cart mooning people. I don't know many security teams that allow that type of shennagins.

frozen pilgrim
10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
o ya I was gonna say, I dont no how I missed all of that. as crazy as this sounds I have never smoked at coachella or on 420, the two times i would be expected to.

next year will afford me the opportunity to fix both of those for you!

CalmerThanYou
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
leaving that mecca was the worst thing ever.

(oh, that and the fact our RV broke on the road...left chella at 10am, should of been home at 12pm....got home at 1am :( )

discoinfiltrator
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
seeing the horrendous state the bathrooms beside the sahara were in first thing saturday. i can't believe someone at GV decided they didn't need to be cleaned before the festival opened each day.

Trudeau
10-16-2008, 10:04 PM
worst moment of coachella 2008?

when it ended...worst moment ever.

I hear you, man. But at the same time, it's kind of a cool feeling exiting the Polo Fields, hearing everybody scream "Coachella" and just taking a moment to take in the experience.

For me, the night after Coachella is always beer around the pool night playing cards until 4am and then spending all of Monday relaxing and joking around. It's an okay feeling for.

Can't...wait...for...April...

Amneeziac
10-16-2008, 11:58 PM
There was nothing bad for me. Even when I felt a little sick and almost threw up, I was so happy just because I was at Coachella it didn't even matter. I honestly can't think of anything bad. And for anybody who used the portapotties, I'm shocked that you guys didn't know about the ridiculously nice (for an outdoor festival) bathroom trailers with much shorter lines, air-conditioning, and real flushing toilets. I didn't have VIP, they were always right near where the portapotties were. Get on it for next year.

Barely being able to breath during MIA and almost getting in a fight with a bunch of fucking hipsters who thought it was kool to punch their way to the front of the stage. IF MIA IS EVER AT COACHELLA AGAIN DON'T PUT HER IN A TENT!

I am 100% certain that there were more people at her set than Jack Johnson's. She should've headlined Friday. :D

Goodtoknow
10-17-2008, 12:01 AM
thinking my head was going to blow up during roger waters/justice. literally thought the back of my brain was pulsing and about to blow.

PC-2 Violence
10-17-2008, 12:07 AM
thinking my head was going to blow up during roger waters/justice. literally thought the back of my brain was pulsing and about to blow.

Brain bubble. Burgerito.

PC-2 Violence
10-17-2008, 12:10 AM
I am 100% certain that there were more people at her set than Jack Johnson's. She should've headlined Friday. :D

I have yet to even see proof that he did headline.

I was no where near the Coachella stage when he started, and by the time I walked back there was no one on it.

Amneeziac
10-17-2008, 12:26 AM
I have yet to even see proof that he did headline.

I was no where near the Coachella stage when he started, and by the time I walked back there was no one on it.

I was apparently leaving when he was playing, I thought it was the filler music they play in between bands. My friend told me later he was playing when we left.

thedevious
10-17-2008, 06:56 AM
I would probably not do so many xanex next year. although it did give me the impetus to sleep through Aphex Twins horrible boring set.

Gunna switch over to light narcotics so as not to cause too much nausea. Same as last year I will procure only the highest possible grade marijuana, midgrades and sub quality chronic just can't cut through the intense sensory input of Coachella.

One last gripe that goes for 07 and 08 there never seems to be any merch for the acts that I go to Coachella for i.e. Cut Copy, Justice, Mehdi, any of the Institubes, Boys Noize etc.

shotglass75
10-17-2008, 11:23 AM
The fact that it ended is the worst part of Coachella 08

bumper31
10-17-2008, 01:24 PM
I walked out of prince........

I'm not proud of it.......

But I did see him at the o2 arena, twice.......whereby he did 2 encores....."So many hits"

kindablue
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
1. Not having my wife there. She would have had so much fun
2. Missing most of Friday because the fools I went with are lazy
3. Missing ALL of Sunday because the fools I went with are lazy

My first time at THE best music fest on the planet. I plan to return every year, alone if need be.

HEADSTRUCK
10-22-2008, 07:15 AM
losing 500$ worth of something good

mrdude5699
11-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I had a fucking blast everyday....

but on Thursday night my friends and I went to the Filter Magazine party. We all got shitfaced and got separated in the madhouse that was the party ending. I felt my ride left me intentionally and had to pay a dude 20 bucks to give me a ride and then still walk like 2 miles to the campsite. So when i got back and saw my buddy I started yelling...we apparently got into a fist fight and he likes the UFC...I woke up a few minutes later and my other friends were like "dude cameron choked you out..." Needless to say i was pissed...This occurred in the rear right of the Campsite at like 3 a.m. and if our fight woke you...I humbly apologize.

ElBlueblazer
11-04-2008, 06:46 AM
losing 500$ worth of something good

BUT you found it later!!!!

HEADSTRUCK
11-04-2008, 08:05 AM
BUT you found it later!!!!

it was put back......still the worst 10 hours of the weekend

PC-2 Violence
11-04-2008, 12:02 PM
it was put back......still the worst 10 hours of the weekend

Why would someone take something, then return it later?

HEADSTRUCK
11-04-2008, 12:50 PM
long story

PC-2 Violence
11-04-2008, 05:46 PM
long story

Expand if possible.

MeowMixer
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Dude. Worst moment: falling asleep during modeselektor and half of SMD.

PC-2 Violence
11-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Dude. Worst moment: falling asleep during modeselektor and half of SMD.

How could you fall asleep during Modeselektor??? They were so filthy...

MeowMixer
11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I fell asleep at the KROQ tent and missed modeselektor. I was sick. Sore throat. Sorry.

marooko
11-05-2008, 08:02 AM
leaving on Sunday night.

CakesBakes
11-05-2008, 10:22 AM
My worst Coachella '08 moment was wasting most of Friday puking everywhere. This was made every better when in the med. tent a fellow patient asked why I was there and then disclosed that he was on acid. Now, not only am I lame for being hungover but also because I was ONLY hungover.

It was also pretty bad when those toilet busses stopped flushing and people kept pooping.

Meaghetto
11-15-2008, 10:18 PM
2008~my at-the-time-boyfriend choosing to ditch sunday because he had to study for a trig test on Monday~ LAME!

but I still went =)

2006~ While dancing with another-at-the-time-boyfriend during MURS I noticed my highly emotional EX-boyfriend staring at us while crying on his cell phone...

however it was my first time seeing MURS soooooo that was still pretty awesome....

2004~ While walking in with my brother we and a crowd watched this hippi-couple have a screaming agrument about who forgot to pack the tickets...more so their worst moment....OH my brother almost wanting to leave early because he had already seen Radiohead....that was kinda scary

thewindowliquor
11-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Worst Moment of 08... tough call between The Breeders fucking stupid set and waiting through Death Cab for Cutie.... probably The Breeders, because I expected a 1/2 decent show. DCFC... I knew what I was getting myself into...

Meaghetto
12-07-2008, 12:51 PM
1)

I had this same problem however I just kinda...bounced during Waters, ran over to Murs heard sum of my fav songs (he did come out with sum punk band I didnt like at first but I got into it...even more so when he brought Living Legends out by suprise) when that was over, hey, Roger was still going =) did leave early for good spot for Justice...

who remembers this? I do
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4CtTXvxSiQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4CtTXvxSiQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
gives me chills =)

LooseAtTheZoo
12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
2008~my at-the-time-boyfriend choosing to ditch sunday because he had to study for a trig test on Monday~ LAME!

but I still went =)

2006~ While dancing with another-at-the-time-boyfriend during MURS I noticed my highly emotional EX-boyfriend staring at us while crying on his cell phone...

however it was my first time seeing MURS soooooo that was still pretty awesome....

2004~ While walking in with my brother we and a crowd watched this hippi-couple have a screaming agrument about who forgot to pack the tickets...more so their worst moment....OH my brother almost wanting to leave early because he had already seen Radiohead....that was kinda scary

That 2006 experience must have been soooo creepy.

All Your Base
12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I went Sunday 08 as my first experience.

Got there about 3 in the afternoon, met up with my friends a couple hours later just in time for Booka Shade wihich I really wanted to see. Wasn't the greatest live set I've ever seen.
Anyway, ate the shrooms in anticipation of My Morning Jacket. As I was coming up I heard the distance that they'd started, but not being familiar with the grounds, I felt like I just couldn't leave my friends. I hadn't done shrooms in about 10 years and I forgot about the come-up. I ended up standing in pure agony from having to piss, listening to Love & Rockets, which I did not enjoy in the least. Then, as the come-up passed, I remembered...."Dude....you drove here yourself. You don't need to stay with these guys". Whew.

Para-noia will destroy-ya!

PrettyRagdoll
12-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Worst Moment of 08... tough call between The Breeders fucking stupid set and waiting through Death Cab for Cutie.... probably The Breeders, because I expected a 1/2 decent show. DCFC... I knew what I was getting myself into...

Man, do I get your dissapointment with the Breeders. I was really looking foward to their set and they were just so dry. It felt like a boring rehersal.

But worst moment of Coachella for me happened when I went to use a porta potty and was traumatized by all the shit and flies that were freaking EVERYWHERE. Jesus that was horrible

Wheres the beef?
12-07-2008, 03:14 PM
The worst moment of my 08 was when I thought I was going to hook up with this girl but then I couldn't close the deal and didn't get any.

PierogiHead
12-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Watching MGMT karaoke "Kids" as their closing song. Pure disgrace to musicianship.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Watching MGMT karaoke "Kids" as their closing song. Pure disgrace to musicianship.

That song is all synths and mixes ain't it? What instruments did you want them playing?

iloveorangejuice
12-08-2008, 06:50 AM
when i was molested in the crowd during prince.

PierogiHead
12-08-2008, 07:35 AM
That song is all synths and mixes ain't it? What instruments did you want them playing?

A keyboard and drums would do for the live version. They are a live band, afterall. Pressing one keyboard button that has the song stored in its memory while the two members sing the lyrics is not the same as actually performing. I'd rather them not perform the song at all if they can't play the same riff and beat on real instruments -- I can't remember if its Soulwax or someone else, but another DJ act has done a band cover of this song live better than they have.

faxman75
12-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I don't know, that sort of thing is fairly common at one point or another during a set with a lot of bands.

I actually liked the idea of them running through the crowd for the final song. There was a ton of energy in that tent and most everyone was jumping up and down but to each their own I suppose.

SoulDischarge
12-08-2008, 07:54 AM
when i was molested in the crowd during prince.

You misread the thread title.

SFChrissy
12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Worst moment of 2008 was while I was off on my own private adventure, I started to head towards spiritualized to meet up with my girlfriend I go with every year...apparently after we went our seperate ways she decided to take some E, and while I was on my way to meet up with her she sent me a msg saying "maybe next year I should go with someone who actually wants to hang out with me?" I can't stand those kind of manipulative statements and I do not respond well to them...So I sent her back "if that works best for you, enjoy"...I worked my way over to Roger Waters and was enjoying the moment while "wish you were here" was playing, I looked over my shoulder and she was standing 20 feet behind me watching me with a big giant smile on her face...I ran up to her, gave her a huge hug and told her not to do that cause she does it to everyone else and has never done it to me...and enjoyed the rest of the show...so yes it was the worst moment with a bit of healing properties...needless to say she better not pull that shit this year!!!

eNVyartist
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I think my worst moment was I was so high after rodger waters, Ijust wanted to back to the car and nap, and not be a party pooper to my friend greg. But I texted him and we met up and I got a second wind and a pep talk and was able to enjoy the rest of the night.
SECOND worst moment was On the way from lot 5 to the gate I managed to lost my ticket (some lucky bastard out there better thank me!) anyway I don't realize it till we get to the security and I am telling the girl I'll find it, she tells me to step to the side, inside, while it dawns on me to just keep digging and go. I go right through the security and didn't look back, I just tell Greg, GO! WALK! I still wonder if that girl gave a shit or she just figured I found my ticket and went through. Not to mention I snuck booze in! (I FUCKING LUCKED OUT BIG TIME!!)

patsfan5454
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Worst moment of 08; after an insane thursday night of partying in the campgrounds drinking vodka and tequila and doing a little bit of nose candy i was fine all friday till about 6 or so right when the Raconteurs came on and i wanted to watch them soo bad but this huge Migraine came on and i swear it was the worst headache ever felt! I was soo fucking pissed i lasted all day just fine and them bam! i felt like shit, i couldnt stay and had to go find somewhere where guitars werent shredding my head apart, I wondered off to the Goldfrapp tent and just layed in the back on the grass and this is the part everyone will hate; I couldnt go into the Sahara with my head banging so my only option was meetin up with a friend of mine (she wanted to watch jack Johnson) and i said F*ck it and went with her and sure enough J.J. saved my Head! Not a big fan but just the right kinda music and lots of weed to mellow me out and let my headache finally go away,
*A little advice; ease up on the liquor and cocaine when in the desert, that sh*t will f*ck u up!! (even in the night, trust me that headache/hangover was the Worst!)

Carlo Von Sexron
12-08-2008, 04:38 PM
My worst moment of Coachella 08 - Streak of attending Coachella four straight years comes to an end...Sadly watch some performances online

frozen pilgrim
12-08-2008, 04:50 PM
in an uncanny parallel, joshua homme was not at coachella 08.
he was there in 07 with unkle (I think), and I'm pretty sure EODM was there in either 06 or 05, and then QOTSA a year before that.

Carlo Von Sexron
12-09-2008, 12:17 AM
in an uncanny parallel, joshua homme was not at coachella 08.
he was there in 07 with unkle (I think), and I'm pretty sure EODM was there in either 06 or 05, and then QOTSA a year before that.

I never heard about him being there with UNKLE - Homme hasn't been there since EODM in '06

iloveorangejuice
12-09-2008, 01:13 AM
You misread the thread title.

i didn't read it at all

Meaghetto
12-09-2008, 10:05 AM
That 2006 experience must have been soooo creepy.
right?

I THOUGHT I'd be able to lose someone from Ventura in a crowd of thousands

Wheres the beef?
12-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I think my worst moment was I was so high after rodger waters, Ijust wanted to back to the car and nap, and not be a party pooper to my friend greg. But I texted him and we met up and I got a second wind and a pep talk and was able to enjoy the rest of the night.
SECOND worst moment was On the way from lot 5 to the gate I managed to lost my ticket (some lucky bastard out there better thank me!) anyway I don't realize it till we get to the security and I am telling the girl I'll find it, she tells me to step to the side, inside, while it dawns on me to just keep digging and go. I go right through the security and didn't look back, I just tell Greg, GO! WALK! I still wonder if that girl gave a shit or she just figured I found my ticket and went through. Not to mention I snuck booze in! (I FUCKING LUCKED OUT BIG TIME!!)

Fuck Lot 5. I lost my phone on Saturday night and the people who had it were staying in an RV in lot 5 and we went on a mission to find it. Soooo far away. I feel sorry for anyone who drives to the festival to park in Lot 5.

Alchemy
12-09-2008, 03:42 PM
I thought Lot 5 was all right. It's a long walk for a fast exodus. In my experience, it was worth it.

psychoc&ndy
12-09-2008, 05:07 PM
worst moment for me was waiting through Stars to see Gogol. Stars was absolutely terrible. Every song they write is generic and sounds like a collage of every type of stereotypical indie bands trying to put it together and be "original". The guitarist on the strat also couldn't play worth shit, and didn't even tune his guitar the whole set

Ill_Eagle
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Worst moment of 2008 was while I was off on my own private adventure, I started to head towards spiritualized to meet up with my girlfriend I go with every year...apparently after we went our seperate ways she decided to take some E, and while I was on my way to meet up with her she sent me a msg saying "maybe next year I should go with someone who actually wants to hang out with me?" I can't stand those kind of manipulative statements and I do not respond well to them...So I sent her back "if that works best for you, enjoy"...I worked my way over to Roger Waters and was enjoying the moment while "wish you were here" was playing, I looked over my shoulder and she was standing 20 feet behind me watching me with a big giant smile on her face...I ran up to her, gave her a huge hug and told her not to do that cause she does it to everyone else and has never done it to me...and enjoyed the rest of the show...so yes it was the worst moment with a bit of healing properties...needless to say she better not pull that shit this year!!!

awwwwww...

pocket
12-09-2008, 05:45 PM
worst moment for me was waiting through Stars to see Gogol. Stars was absolutely terrible. Every song they write is generic and sounds like a collage of every type of stereotypical indie bands trying to put it together and be "original". The guitarist on the strat also couldn't play worth shit, and didn't even tune his guitar the whole set

awwww boo i liked stars... and still dont understand why people are into gogol.... i tried to watch them but after 15 minutes realised it was more of something a flogging molly fan would call epic

eNVyartist
12-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought Lot 5 was all right. It's a long walk for a fast exodus. In my experience, it was worth it.

I couldn't agree more, but FUCKIN A!! It's a major trek when it's hot going in, and even bigger pain after dancing and walking all day. The worst of all the trips back and forth was after Prince, it was a madhouse getting out! We parked there all three days. And when I lost my ticket I was like there is no effin way I'm gonna find and I'd have to walk those two or so miles back to get it IF it's even still there!

frozen pilgrim
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I never heard about him being there with UNKLE - Homme hasn't been there since EODM in '06

he sang vocals over the no one knows remix

Xenocide
12-10-2008, 10:13 AM
buying a hard ticket for saturday (on friday) that turned out to be no good... the days of 'as long as it's not an email ticket, it's all good' are over...

the aphex/swell season conflict comes close at second though...

the bees cancelling would probably be third...

ElBlueblazer
12-10-2008, 08:31 PM
my worst moment of 08 was finding out my weed had dried up... it was early into the weekend and the stash was dust. my poor kush. i used the campsite computers to find a 420pharmacy in P.S. i scored and my weekend was saved!

pocket
12-10-2008, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=Xenocide;859411]buying a hard ticket for saturday (on friday) that turned out to be no good... the days of 'as long as it's not an email ticket, it's all good' are over...
QUOTE]

thats why you get a lighter and touch it to the edge of a ticket and see if it turns black. trust me on this, i have done this a ton of times buying scalped tickets, hell someone at coachella 03 sold me a faux ticket before i gave them the money i checked it and knew it was fake and yelled at them and they ran yet the people at the gate scanned it and it didnt work and still let me in, yay for a free faux ticket.

Xenocide
12-11-2008, 12:37 AM
duh, except when it's not a faux ticket, but a real ticketmaster ticket that has simply been voided... i even checked the GA numbers on it... they sold me a friday ticket (that was good) and a bad sat & sun ticket...

it seems that ordering hard copy tickets by mail, and then saying the tickets never arrived, gets you new tickets sent in the mail and the barcode on the first ones are voided... and then you sell the voided tickets for saturday & sunday on friday (and then bounce outta town the day before anyone would notice)...

cubrocker
12-12-2008, 02:27 PM
missing Man Man because I left my phone in the car and had to go back for it (coachella in a group of 6 is a nightmare at the end of the night if you dont have a phone)

we were staying in palm springs, so it wasnt like i could just walk back to the campgrounds at the end of the night. and this was on saturday, so we didnt get there super early like we did on friday, so our parking lot was pretty damned far.

i got over to the tent just in time to see man man leaving the stage with everyone clapping. :(

ATamreLion
12-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Being woken up Monday morning by a golf cart running into the side of my tent... Talk about rude awakenings...

coldstart
12-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Haha, that's awesome.

consistingof
12-27-2008, 07:49 AM
finding a VIP bracelet on Saturday and eating at one of the booths inside the area and waking up with food poisoning missing all of Sunday in the first aid tent sick.

BAHHH

DesertSong
12-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Worst moment #1
Taking e right before M.I.A. then having the not-so-brilliant idea of pushing into the crowd until I reached the middle of the tent. I almost died of a heatstroke and had to leave. I missed the show, sadly.

Worst moment #2
Being stuck next to some annoying girls tripping on drugs during Portishead. They would not stop talking and being loud, they ruined a good chunk of the set for me. Now that I think about it, I recall a lot of people talking loudly during Portishead, it fuckin sucked.

clumsy342
12-28-2008, 11:54 AM
You're right.. there was a lot of talking going on during Portishead.
Weird. Nothing really annoying to me though. Everyone was just kind of buzzing around.

coldstart
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
It's a goddamn festival! Do you expect people to not talk or make noise? C'mon!

Trick Loves The Kids
12-28-2008, 01:31 PM
the drive home

i'm on mad drugs, first the lady at the AMPM yelled at me for wanting to use her bathroom and then the del taco was out of milkshakes

eskamo951
12-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Worst moment #1
Taking e right before M.I.A. then having the not-so-brilliant idea of pushing into the crowd until I reached the middle of the tent. I almost died of a heatstroke and had to leave. I missed the show, sadly.

Worst moment #2
Being stuck next to some annoying girls tripping on drugs during Portishead. They would not stop talking and being loud, they ruined a good chunk of the set for me. Now that I think about it, I recall a lot of people talking loudly during Portishead, it fuckin sucked.

Shrooms and M.I.A. Those gunshots scared the crap out of me. Portishead saved me that night...we crashed in shade tent during portishead with everyone else who could no longer stand...

Second worse: A guy clearly an under cover cop following us on Thursday night through the campgrounds. We we tripping, but still noticed him...

clumsy342
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
It's a goddamn festival! Do you expect people to not talk or make noise? C'mon!

I'm not complaining. Just saying that I noticed that as well.
I mean, shit.. we were talking amongst ourselves too.

nationocean
12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
the drive home

i'm on mad drugs, first the lady at the AMPM yelled at me for wanting to use her bathroom and then the del taco was out of milkshakes

lol, you are too funny man.

chairmenmeow47
12-29-2008, 07:50 AM
i hate that the gas station people around the area are such dicks. i mean, i know the coachella people must be obnoxious to them, but the money has gotta make up for it. i remember having to plead with a guy to let me use his bathroom. he finally did, but then all these other people swarmed in and tried to come in after.

coldstart
12-29-2008, 07:53 AM
The money the station makes from Coachellans does not go to the attendant.

MeowMixer
12-29-2008, 11:50 AM
I was sick the whole time. It was sad for me.

ZackQ
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Missing the NFL draft, but we shouldn't have to deal with that this year because of the time change. YES

JasonUrban
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Worst part of coachella. LEAVING

JasonUrban
01-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh and meeting Dita von tess and not asking her out, for fear of pissing off my wife. I KNOW I KNOW> LIKE SHE WOULD SAY YES>

myelectrolife
01-07-2009, 02:23 PM
WORST AND BEST moment?...
Hmmm... That would have to be during the first set of Roger Waters, I think to myself "I NEED my camera for DSOTM, and its in my locker." So at set break I take of running lime I just robbed a bank. I get very abruptly stopped by four or five security personnel.
"STOP!!!"
"WHERES YOUR TICKET?!"
"WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?!"
"WHATS GOING ON?!!"

I explained that I needed to get my camera before the second set started. And so on and so on...

They let me go I got my camera got back to my spot all before the heart beat started.

did I mention that I had about 4 rolls in me at the time... crazy

CalmerThanYou
01-07-2009, 02:25 PM
They let me go I got my camera got back to my spot all before the heart beat started.

that was terribly anticlimactic.

myelectrolife
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
lol...yeah kinda thought so too
What can I say, I aint no shakespeare

JelloPuddingChat
01-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Last year my ex gf was supposed to meet me on sat. So after the first day ended I went to my tent to call her about arrangements and apparently some shit went down with her mom and she couldn't borrow the car. So in order to end all the panicking I told I would pick her up (In Lakewood, ca) and she could drive us back. I ended up getting only 3 hours of sleep and made my red eyed trip to get her.

After we returned we were walking to my camp site and this tiny box which happened to contain my day 2 & 3 tickets plus cash (stupid place to keep important shit I know) opened on me and all of it fell without my knowing. I realized, panicked and turned to see the cash and grab it. But my tickets were nowhere to be found. After being completely bummed out I ended up repurchasing my tickets.

So in the end I was still able to enter the festival grounds, but the experience sort of tainted it a bit. I was also exhausted from the first night since I had to pick my gf up and was dead on sunday. I fell asleep during autolux...Oh and my camping chair and my gf's hat was stolen too. I still love coachella with all my heart though and not even likin park could discourage me from going.