PDA

View Full Version : Worst moment of Coachella 08?

Pages : 1 [2]

weezy f baby
01-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Best: Aphex Twin
Worst: Puking on day 2.

benhur
01-14-2009, 06:43 PM
worst was def leaving fatboy early because a friend started thinking she was going to die because her feet were numb...she was on E.

Carnie100
01-14-2009, 07:09 PM
I still love coachella with all my heart though and not even likin park could discourage me from going.

What if Linkin Park turned out to be the people who stole your tickets?
Or if Nickelback was headlining?

Carnie100
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Missing the NFL draft, but we shouldn't have to deal with that this year because of the time change. YES

Haha, I had forgotten about that issue. As of last year's Coachella I was Raiders fan. Terrible, I know.

But I definitely remember frantically texting a buddy of mine for draft updates that weekend.

Oh and FTR, I'm now a Houston Texans fan.

MantisMel
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Worst moment: Being followed to the camp grounds Thursday night by some creepy old dude who decided to set up shop right next to me and my best friend.

Best moment: Getting a free condo friday night and saturday night and not having to be creeped out by the creepy old dude all weekend.

JelloPuddingChat
01-15-2009, 03:26 AM
What if Linkin Park turned out to be the people who stole your tickets?
Or if Nickelback was headlining?

That might be better. Then I could hate them more.

JSam67
01-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Worst moment: Being followed to the camp grounds Thursday night by some creepy old dude who decided to set up shop right next to me and my best friend.

Best moment: Getting a free condo friday night and saturday night and not having to be creeped out by the creepy old dude all weekend.

This creepy old dude wouldn't have been sporting much-too-short shorts and riding a bicycle and following you to the PAW camping group, would he? This sounds like the scenario I vaguely remember playing out.

If it's the same dude, for the record, he randomly camped with our group all weekend. Smoking Cotton, his name was. A legend, to be sure.

lolwut
01-15-2009, 10:46 AM
having to sit through the atrocious mess of noise that is Diplo to see Aphex Twin.

God, Diplo sucked so hard at Coachella.
It really was tragic.

drewdrewdrew
01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
My friend didnt print his tickets the night before and they wouldnt print in the morning, so we had to go to BFE and find a ticketmaster place to get his tickets. Then we spent like half the day friday trying to get the whole fuckin situation figured out because they wouldnt scan.

MantisMel
01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
This creepy old dude wouldn't have been sporting much-too-short shorts and riding a bicycle and following you to the PAW camping group, would he? This sounds like the scenario I vaguely remember playing out.

If it's the same dude, for the record, he randomly camped with our group all weekend. Smoking Cotton, his name was. A legend, to be sure.

Yes that would be him.... He parked his car next to mine as we arrived and followed my best friend and I to the PAW group where I was going to camp but got the free condo instead. Nice guy, but way creepy for following in hindsight.

Trick Loves The Kids
01-15-2009, 07:37 PM
A keyboard and drums would do for the live version. They are a live band, afterall. Pressing one keyboard button that has the song stored in its memory while the two members sing the lyrics is not the same as actually performing. I'd rather them not perform the song at all if they can't play the same riff and beat on real instruments -- I can't remember if its Soulwax or someone else, but another DJ act has done a band cover of this song live better than they have.

when in doubt, it's soulwax

if I have a song in my itunes that is untagged and I really like it I just put soulwax as the artist because it is probably correct

ElBlueblazer
01-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes that would be him.... He parked his car next to mine as we arrived and followed my best friend and I to the PAW group where I was going to camp but got the free condo instead. Nice guy, but way creepy for following in hindsight.

<
You mean this guy

ElBlueblazer
01-15-2009, 09:47 PM
How could that "smoking cotton" guy creep anyone out. He was pure comedy.

HEADSTRUCK
01-15-2009, 09:58 PM
haha.....i bet we get another random old guy again this year

IngenJoolerie
01-15-2009, 11:47 PM
thursday night...me being way too stoked and adhd... locking my keys in my car as soon as we got there

SlowMotionApocalypse
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Scars On Broadway being delayed so long I just bailed and went to another stage, then getting a nosebleed all over my 1993 vintage 7 Year Bitch shirt.

mikeymikemikey
01-16-2009, 11:21 AM
after standing up front for death cab, kraftwerk, portishead, then dancing during prince, i couldnt walk. i got edema in my ankles, had to spend some time in the med tent. a nice guy in a golf cart gave me a ride back to camp. i sat and watched the campground parade and prayed to the coachella gods that id be better in time for gogol on sunday. luckily coachella gods answer prayers.

c_flo
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM

if I have a song in my itunes that is untagged and I really like it I just put soulwax as the artist because it is probably correct

amen!

lolwut
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
starting my period on sunday. drugs having their toll on my mental state and my ovaries.
it feeling 180 degrees and having to take down a tent.
waking up that day to my toothbrush being stuck in mud/dirt/grass.
bud luster looking at me like i am a whiny bitch.
my fucking hair.

then every tween in the sahara tent on sunday.

leaving coachella was surreal, so surreal that i couldn't figure out how to open the bathroom door at the am/pm we stopped at. however, after reading the boards i was really lucky she let me use the bathroom.. however hard it was to open that door.

im a cunt.

punkgirl
01-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I had been looking forward to seeing Goldfrapp. Looked forward to dancing to their dancy, wonderful, goodness . . . only to be disappointed by the sound issues and the insipid hippy renditions of the songs I had grown to adore . . . :(

locachica73
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Waking up either Saturday or Sunday morning, already feeling sick and really having to pee but not being able to stop gagging everytime I walked near the portojohns. Then I had to walk to the car so we could go to the hotel room and nap/shower/eat and having to get sick in a plastic bag while my sister and our friend had to listen. I hate getting sick period but I sure as shit don't want an audience.

PC-2 Violence
01-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Waking up either Saturday or Sunday morning, already feeling sick and really having to pee but not being able to stop gagging everytime I walked near the portojohns. Then I had to walk to the car so we could go to the hotel room and nap/shower/eat and having to get sick in a plastic bag while my sister and our friend had to listen. I hate getting sick period but I sure as shit don't want an audience.

We will not be hanging out this April.

locachica73
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM
DAMN!!! Actually I am usually the rock star who can party for days straight without getting ill. I blame lack of food, over abundance of vodka/beer, dehydration and the smell of the portojohns. It was my first coachella, I have learned. Rehydrate, Eat something besides half a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and avoid portojohns when hung over.

boarderwoozel3
01-16-2009, 02:36 PM
The highs greatly outwighed the lows. But I could break a bone and still be thrilled about the weekend. Yay Coachella!

Tosh0
01-16-2009, 05:10 PM
friday, i developed a TERRIBLE headache and had no advil and there was none to be found anywhere, passed out on the ground to jack johnson, then went back to the hotel with a raging headache, passed out for about 30 mins, then woke up and puked for about 3 hours, then it dissapeared out of nowhere. and i wasnt drinking any alcohol =(

Carnie100
01-16-2009, 06:37 PM

After reading this the other day, I came across a few songs that were untagged. And I couldn't help but consider naming them Soulwax...

MantisMel
01-17-2009, 04:03 PM
haha.....i bet we get another random old guy again this year

I might be able to arrange that... LOLZ!

blackchango
01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
friday, i developed a TERRIBLE headache and had no advil and there was none to be found anywhere, passed out on the ground to jack johnson, then went back to the hotel with a raging headache, passed out for about 30 mins, then woke up and puked for about 3 hours, then it dissapeared out of nowhere. and i wasnt drinking any alcohol =(

Sounds like the desert sun and lack of water got to you.

dancedancedance
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Yes, drink more water and make sure you eat enough this year. In '07 I got heat stroke waiting in line to get in on Friday. I was begging people around me for a sip of water but nobody had any. I could feel my vision going but then I saw a girl at the front of the line with a Gatorade. She refused to give me some even though the security was about to take it! I passed out and woke up to a giant security guard whisking me away to the ambulance.

Anyway, once you get it you are more prone to getting it again.

lizng
01-21-2009, 07:36 AM
falling asleep Friday night in the grass outside the mojave tent while waiting for fatboy slim to come on... the culmination of dehydration, being awake for 48ish hours because of piss poor planning and traveling from the east coast. After seeing what a clusterfuck the sahara was that night, I headed back to my tent and was tortured with noise from Jack Johnson whilst trying to get to sleep. that sucked ass!

I somehow managed to sleep 'till 10 and with the help of a lot function drinks, I danced my ass off for the next two days. I learned my lesson and this year will be much smoother.

tyler0js
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Not going on stage with Prince

hailtothetheif83
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
missing the crazy MIA set. and Deadmou5

WillyWonka5497
01-22-2009, 09:24 PM
missing the crazy MIA set. and Deadmou5

MIA was utter shit. you didn't miss anything

hailtothetheif83
01-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I just wanted to see all the crazy people trying to get on stage... totally heard she blew though

sitonmyfacebook
01-22-2009, 09:32 PM
going to kraftwerk early and watching that awful band play before them

roboticwaltz
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM
The fucking sunburn, oh god that sucked. And the Cafe Tacvba/Death Cab/Kraftwerk sequence sucked too, but my front row spot for Portishead made up for it.

KatieLyn
01-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I just wanted to see all the crazy people trying to get on stage... totally heard she blew though

No no, that sucked ass. I got my hair practically ripped out by some douchebag, and then stuck between two fat people far too close for comfort and could barely breathe.

KatieLyn
01-22-2009, 10:40 PM
The fucking sunburn, oh god that sucked. And the Cafe Tacvba/Death Cab/Kraftwerk sequence sucked too, but my front row spot for Portishead made up for it.

Cafe Tacvba was fun as hell. I had no idea what was going on for all of it, but those fans are crazy and I had a good time =]

IfeelINFINITE
01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Getting too drunk and high right before M.I.A came on. Somehow lost my friend, passed out as I was repeated slammed into the front barrier. I then started screaming for a security guard to help me because I was having a hard time breathing and they just stared at me sort of laughing. I climbed over and then somehow was on stage, a security guard pushed me off into that four foot drop as hard as possible, I was told I was going to get kicked out of Coachella and then I ran away. I had no phone, and no friends around. I asked some guy if I could use his phone to call my friends and his only response was, "Well... Yeah!... If you f uck me!" I had to drunkenly ask 19 people before some guy would help me out. I finally found my friends an hour later after calling them for 20 minutes and them hanging up because they "were listening to animal collective."

That sucked almost as bad as seeing uffie....

JoshTheBoyd
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
left my stuff at the campsite sunday night and crashed at a friends hotel room... didnt know checkout was 10 am... came back and searched for my shit for like a half hour, eventually found a pair of my pants, then ten feet away a shirt, and so on and so on... found all my stuff except my tent, my cooler, and my pipe (go figure).

you live you learn.

lukeandciba
01-30-2009, 10:50 AM
adam freeland bitching out on his sunday set at dolab

skavenbrew
01-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Leaving to drive home.

2 hour drive at 2am after 3 days of Coachella is brutal.

alicide
01-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Going to the porta pottie on Friday night and sitting on a seat full of piss.

miraj
01-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Leaving to drive home.

2 hour drive at 2am after 3 days of Coachella is brutal.

Not as brutal as a 20 hour drive back to Seattle :)

RageAgainst
01-30-2009, 01:30 PM

Heatstroke my friend DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Not going friday
best moment getting in on sat for free and sunday i snuck in

Rockstarboy37
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Leaving Early during Fatboy Slim.

Walking all the way to see Professor Murder only to realize I should be at the sahara tent with everyone else because the few people that were actually in the audience were being a major buzzkill.

and finding a discarded bag of weed by the do lab. Oh wait that was awesome!

idriveawkwardly
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
To the fucking bitches who decided to set up camp in front of my car...I was chilling in my car with my friend and saw you back into my car like the idiot driver you are and then you didn't apologize. Thanks.

Gyrus
01-30-2009, 05:50 PM
worst moment.... hmmmm, I think leaving at the end :)

losangelian
01-30-2009, 06:57 PM
One year we shared a cab from our hotel to Coachella - it was great. What wasn't was after the show, when there wasn't a cab to be found. We walked for miles aimlessy until we found a hospital, and then talked two strangers in the waiting room into dropping us off back at our hotel.

magenta
01-30-2009, 09:54 PM
In 07, we were all hanging out in the parking lot baking in the Sunday sun having some drinks. We all decide to pack up and head on in. Our driver was passed out in the driver seat and his keys were missing. We searched all through our packed belongings. Every last bag. We could hear all the bands playing but we couldn't lock up the truck or wake up our friend. My sister and her bf decided to go in and left me with the drunk. There was a locksmith on hand but he charged over a hundred to duplicate the key. A guy we met earlier was our culprit for stealing the key. So we decide to move the truck and 'hide' it from him. So we finally make it up to the gates. And the freakin keys were in my bag, right there. It was mortifying!!!

Dr. Lufs-al-ot
01-31-2009, 07:29 AM
almost getting dropped flat on my back whilst crowd surfing!

oh and like a million assholes pushing to see M.I.A.
it was nuts before she even got on stage!
people passing out, sweating buckets, crowd surfing, and all out chaos in the front.
But it made for a pretty good set

other than that i had an amazing day/night
pure blissssss

unknowndrummer66
01-31-2009, 07:49 AM
i raped someone at the polo grounds

raped em good

Rockstarboy37
01-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I had this same problem however I just kinda...bounced during Waters, ran over to Murs heard sum of my fav songs (he did come out with sum punk band I didnt like at first but I got into it...even more so when he brought Living Legends out by suprise) when that was over, hey, Roger was still going =) did leave early for good spot for Justice...

who remembers this? I do
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4CtTXvxSiQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i4CtTXvxSiQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
gives me chills =)

That was awesome. I loved that moment before justice. There was this completely wasted chick in the front singing all off key. Made me laugh so hard.

karchella
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
M.I.A.

adeline3
02-04-2009, 08:21 PM
adam freeland bitching out on his sunday set at dolab

he's a friend of mine (i was one of the people on stage during his sahara set... the girl who stage dove :) ). he didn't bitch out, his set was canceled because of Roger Waters noise issues.... they wanted as few distractions as possible.

but i was bummed too.

lickety_spit
02-05-2009, 12:49 AM
eating what i'm sure was an old turkey corndog after not having meat for 5 years.
it hurt.
i've been eating flesh for 6 months now;
this year will be golden.

fergie
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Ladies, Keep your eyes on your valuables when going through the check in line. The security guys go through your purse but turn away when they do it. I yelled at the guy for pocketing my ticket! And wish I had held onto my money too. Who knows how many people he stole from or attempted to steal from. Fucking security guys. Most are honest but I had this big ass fuck going through my things and wouldn't let me see what he was doing!

Be wary of their tactics. Can't see what they're doing, grab your stuff from them & tell their supervisor.

amyzzz
02-05-2009, 11:25 AM
That is fucked up.

fergie
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Get a skinny security guard to look through your stuff.

Always, always HOLD onto your cash, cell phone, ticket, camera, iPod. Put it all in a clear plastic bag and never let it out of your sight when going through the check in lines! Don't let security touch it. (Some are low life thieves for the weekend event).

Rockstarboy37
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
eating what i'm sure was an old turkey corndog after not having meat for 5 years.
it hurt.
i've been eating flesh for 6 months now;
this year will be golden.

Those corndogs can be deadly even when you've been eating meat for years.

I'm bringing my own food this year

carokube
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
08's worst moment was the breeders.

07's worst moment was when i was getting searched at the gate and i had put my favorite tool shirt on a table and some guy walked off with it while i was getting searched. but then later that day someone offered to pay me 40$ for my 10$ sunglasses so it kind of made up for it.

gooftroop
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Leaving the end of Kraftwerk to try and catch that wreck of an MIA performance. Luckily we only missed the last 15 minutes of their set and still got a great spot for Portishead, but still a total waste of time and energy. Wasn't my decision either. Also at Kraftwerk I had rolled a really nice blunt and within 60 seconds of sparking it some security staffer (not a cop) rushed me and stomped it out. Luckily he was unable to recover the rest of my stash so it really wasn't that bad.

skavenbrew
02-06-2009, 02:01 PM
i raped someone at the polo grounds

raped em good

That was you? I always had my suspicions.....

biffbangpow
02-06-2009, 04:02 PM
The first part of Spriritualized set was sabotaged by soundman or something... and leaving the grounds for the last time... soooo sad :(

erndisco
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
me and my best friend were super stoked to see mgmt.
we went into the tent, waited for them to start playing, and just tried to chillax as much as we could, it was so assfucking hot.
once the music started, we danced and moved around, of course.
but the bitch in front of me kept elbowing me in the abdomen.
at the end of "the youth"
i just couldnt take it anymore, and i could feel my breakfast creeping up my throathole.
so i abandoned my friend and walked out, and puked like ive never puked before.
then walked across the field to see cold war kids.

ELPOLLOLOCO
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM

thats heat stroke buddy...it can feel like a flu of sorts...

gooftroop
02-06-2009, 05:26 PM
DRINK UP KIDS!

MonsoonSeason
02-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I dunno about 08, but 07 was air... :(

Aumgn
02-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Jupiter's Ring leaving the stage.

or was that 07? Someone correct me.

zajaa
02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
M.I.A.

missing M.I.A. for animal collective. sorry guys i love you but really, why the fuck didnt i go to M.I.A.

adeline3
02-07-2009, 09:07 PM
missing M.I.A. for animal collective. sorry guys i love you but really, why the fuck didnt i go to M.I.A.

animal collective was underwhelming too...

but apparently MIA was as well so i don't feel like i've missed anything.

WizardIsAboutToDie
02-07-2009, 09:24 PM
me and my best friend were super stoked to see mgmt.
we went into the tent, waited for them to start playing, and just tried to chillax as much as we could, it was so assfucking hot.
once the music started, we danced and moved around, of course.
but the bitch in front of me kept elbowing me in the abdomen.
at the end of "the youth"
i just couldnt take it anymore, and i could feel my breakfast creeping up my throathole.
so i abandoned my friend and walked out, and puked like ive never puked before.
then walked across the field to see cold war kids.

Good thing you puked BEFORE cold war kids.

cr8vbeats
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM

true, but the endless firecracker shotgun repetitive sounds during the set was quite annoying and repetitive needless to say but im just sayin anyway

zenidogx
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM

Akron/ Family is what you missed :)

adeline3
02-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Akron/ Family is what you missed :)

say what now?

WizardIsAboutToDie
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/osBIN3RTxYg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/osBIN3RTxYg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh yeah? Try saying that with a straight face now.

zenidogx
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
say what now?

Akron/ Family, Kraftwerk, MIA, and Animal Collective conflicted. i wanted to see MIA, but the brofactor bugged me. AC was running late, so I enjoyed some Akron/Family with some 200 or so people- maybe more by the end.

adeline3
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/osBIN3RTxYg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/osBIN3RTxYg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh yeah? Try saying that with a straight face now.

i was onstage with adam freeland...so i got mine anyway.

WizardIsAboutToDie
02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I was kidding. Did you watch it? mia was brutal.
Did you hold a flashlight for adam freeland or something?

adeline3
02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I was kidding. Did you watch it? mia was brutal.
Did you hold a flashlight for adam freeland or something?

nah i was one of the people in the gold robes with the big "F" balloons at the beginning of his set. plus i was one of the two people who stage dived... the only girl, might i add. definitely one of the best experiences of my life :)

WizardIsAboutToDie
02-07-2009, 10:48 PM
How was the landing?

adeline3
02-07-2009, 11:52 PM
How was the landing?

great! and i got carried around for like 5 minutes. afterwards i gave my balloon to some random kid in the crowd and he looked at me like i had given him my firstborn.

BrickTop24
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
missing animal collective. im still pissed about that.

MonsoonSeason
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
wait wait what kraftwerk was playing and people chose to see AC or M.I.A. instead!?

seriously!?

BrickTop24
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
wait wait what kraftwerk was playing and people chose to see AC or M.I.A. instead!?

seriously!?

yeah that is crazy.

zomgitsme
02-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Coachella was awesome, so leaving was the worst part. Everything went smoothly, other than feeling slightly weak midday and falling asleep and missing MGMT (oh well). I didn't have any trouble with the food, either. The Sahara porta potties definitely take the cake, though... who craps in a urinal? Honestly.
OMG MGMT ruled!!!! Worst moment was missing The Verve

LooseAtTheZoo
02-09-2009, 05:20 PM
nah i was one of the people in the gold robes with the big "F" balloons at the beginning of his set. plus i was one of the two people who stage dived... the only girl, might i add. definitely one of the best experiences of my life :)

I'm sure I have pictures of this somewhere...

Aumgn
02-09-2009, 05:32 PM

seriously!?

yup. that collective makes me damn happy.

damn happy.

adeline3
02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm sure I have pictures of this somewhere...

oh my god please tell me you do because i only have a few and they're all from backstage. i need good ones!

LooseAtTheZoo
02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
oh my god please tell me you do because i only have a few and they're all from backstage. i need good ones!

I'll go through my pictures. How did you end up being in the robes? Just lucky that day?

MonsoonSeason
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM

damn happy.

sacrilege!

just kidding, like what you like. I wouldn't of missed kraftwerk for anything though

adeline3
02-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I'll go through my pictures. How did you end up being in the robes? Just lucky that day?

no i've known adam for a few years... all of us "in the robes" are friends :)

BrickTop24
02-09-2009, 11:09 PM
having to hear Jack Johnson while waiting for Fatboy Slim to start playing

thewindowliquor
02-10-2009, 12:07 AM
It was having to sit through Death Cab for Cutie. It worked out pretty well though.

jdaws
02-10-2009, 05:23 AM
my worst moment spanned from waiting for m.i.a. to take stage to missing the very vast majority of portishead. seriously, that m.i.a. crowd was the most turmoltuous, uncomfortable physical experience of that weekend. add to it my friend whose roll was being swallowed alive, and we didn't stay put for more than 15min. seeing animal collective in a much more spacious environment was a bright spot tho. although a little frightening. after that i wanted to just lay in the grass and feel portishead all around me, but i chose to stay with my friend at the sahara tent for sasha and digweed. DID NOT WANT. oh well live and you learn ima try to be a spirit from now on @ music festivals, floating about where i please

Xenocide
02-10-2009, 05:30 AM
Worst moment was missing The Verve for something completely retarded and stupid that I let my friend talk me into.... AND I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT WE SAW INSTEAD! :'( Never again.

you didn't miss much...

Drewski27
02-10-2009, 07:15 PM
being lazy and not sneaking in on sunday. but i was wayyyy to fucking tired.

bballarl
02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Waiting near a large group of bros so my friend could watch 10 minutes of Justice before we left the fest.

BrickTop24
02-10-2009, 10:22 PM
i missed Justice last year cause my friends wanted to leave after Roger Waters.

bballarl
02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
If you have seen them before, you saw their Coachella set. It is fun once. I was glad he didn't want to watch the whole thing.

tyler0js
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
having a huge fucking gate in the way of not only getting close to the main stage, but also making you stand either to the right of the stage or the left, and not the fucking middle..

and literally running into Kelly Osbourne

BKsaysAction!
02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
......UFFIE.....So Bad......and Missing Les Savy Fav.

BKsaysAction!
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Oh and the Toilets. God the Toilets.....

involvelemons
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM

damn happy.

This will unleash a storm of shit, but:
Why do people like Animal Collective so much? I mean, I was pretty into Sung Tongs for a while, but there was a point where I kind of snapped out of it like.. "this is really fucking silly." Totally subjective opinion, just saying.

SydChaplin25
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Take your girlfriend... Anything is possible for the worst moment.

adeline3
02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
or don't take your girlfriend...

BrickTop24
02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
i hated the parking last year. a mile away :mad:

OnlyNonStranger
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
or don't take your girlfriend...

Somebody wants to get laid..

ADGZ662
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Vast amount of Alcohol consumption + Desert Sun

adeline3
02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Somebody wants to get laid..

shut up! gawd.

OnlyNonStranger
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
shut up! gawd.

I can't believe you beat me to 100 posts. I guess having every guy on the board wanting to bang you sideways will help though..

hellscrape
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
worst part was being stuck in a parking lot until 2:30, and then getting lost on the drive back to the hotel... didn't get home until 3:30. urgh.

adeline3
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
I can't believe you beat me to 100 posts. I guess having every guy on the board wanting to bang you sideways will help though..

boo-yah! suck on that!

and i thought all those rape posts were light-hearted kidding.

You had such a big head start though!!! april 2007 vs january 2008? you totally should have beat me..

peacockm65
02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Leaving the parking lot Saturday morning...

OnlyNonStranger
02-12-2009, 08:37 PM
boo-yah! suck on that!

and i thought all those rape posts were light-hearted kidding.

You had such a big head start though!!! april 2007 vs january 2008? you totally should have beat me..

Well, I joined back then but didn't really care about the board until this year. I wanted to use of every resource available this year to make my campsite badass and to have more input on bands.

Oh yeah, I also used to have a life.

adeline3
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
i think we all used to have one.

and same here... didn't know/care about knowing people last year and now i want to do all i can to make this year EPIC.

BrickTop24
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
i hope they improve the parking this year.

OnlyNonStranger
02-12-2009, 10:07 PM
i think we all used to have one.

and same here... didn't know/care about knowing people last year and now i want to do all i can to make this year EPIC.

EPIC

adeline3
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
EPIC

EPIC!!!!

OnlyNonStranger
02-12-2009, 10:47 PM
¡ÉPICO!

adeline3
02-13-2009, 12:14 AM
¡ÉPICO!

plus épique!!!

Mr.Nipples
02-13-2009, 06:35 AM
VAGINAL BLOOD FART

BROKENDOLL
02-13-2009, 08:12 AM
VAGINAL BLOOD FART
Wow, I just learned one of the worst ways to drink a cup of hot coffee is through your nose...Damn you, Nipples!

ThunderInTheSky
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Watching M.I.A. her DJ SUCKED ASS

BKsaysAction!
02-13-2009, 09:13 PM
It was fun watching MIA kind of like a crazy circus slowing falling apart. UFFIE and her trash back up boys on the other hand sucked real bad.

SF_Excuse
02-14-2009, 01:48 AM
... Uffie must have Banged all the Ed's in Paris to gain even that glimmer of fame she now enjoys. There's no other explanation.

BrickTop24
02-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Watching M.I.A. her DJ SUCKED ASS

missing M.I.A. was probibly one of my favorite moments of last year. i am pissed that i missed Animal Collective though.

MelindaJade
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I went to Coachella alone last year and forgot where I parked my car. The last night night I had to wait for the lot to be practicaly empty (around 2am) before someone could drive me around to find it. I was hauling a tent, cooler, sleeping bag, and another bag of clothes and what not. I was absolutely no where near where I thought my car was... I had a final on Monday at 10am and made it back home at 8am. It was worth the F.

anti-square
02-15-2009, 11:17 PM
That is shitty

garrett222
02-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Chromeo was lame.

goldfromla
02-19-2009, 08:51 PM
watching uffie

Dogvolta
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I was too loaded and zoned out driving back to my hotel after a friday night. Ended up driving like two hours in the wrong direction and was lost in the desert until 4 a.m.
Sunday, drove from my hotel to the grounds, realized I couldn't find my cell phone, freaked out, drove back to my hotel (so stressed because I wanted to see Explosions in the Sky), tore my room apart, went back to my car and found it in the car the whole time, missed explosions (I did see them close with The Only Moment We Wore Alone, however, my fav song so I was kind of happy)
Didn't care to see RATM play, and wanted to leave early to beat the traffic, spent 90 minutes looking for my car, finally found it, got stuck in the crowd traffic, didn't make it back home until about 3:30 AM, had to work at 6 Monday morning.
All of that went down on the same weekend two years ago, and on that same weekend I happend to get in the only line where they were checking for drugs, didn't notice that until I was like 3 people away from the guy pating people down, freaking out and somehow hid 6 joints throughout my body and made it in. On a Friday I had eaten too many weed brownies, polished nearly a 5th of gin, and smoked too many bowls and freaked the fuck out during Peeping Tom.
What a god damned weekend that was, loved every minute of it.

misterpickles
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Walking into the Sahara tent to see Aphex Twin and thinking "Oh good, he hasn't started yet." Then looking up on stage to see a guy with a laptop and going "Oh wait. He has."

lol

KatieLyn
02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
VAGINAL BLOOD FART

I just remembered that I made this thread, and this was the first thing I saw as I was scanning back through. I'm utterly confused, and slightly disturbed.

ForbiddenDisco
02-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Prince not playing ANYTHING from the Batman Soundtrack...damn I wanted to hear Batdance

hellscrape
02-25-2009, 10:47 PM
seeing above and beyond instead of prince. Damn you, E!!!!!

adeline3
02-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Prince not playing ANYTHING from the Batman Soundtrack...damn I wanted to hear Batdance

ha. hahahahahahahaha. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

jnewell7
03-09-2009, 01:11 PM
waiit? karchella why was MIA your worst moment at coachella? please elaborate!

Adelita
04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
ugh...the portapotties where not in the best shape at all this year....

they never are ahah
its easy for guys all they do is aim and pee
but for girls they have to squat a bit and hold yourself up using the muscle power of your legs because you don't even want to touch the walls to hold yourself up

damn you all who have a penis
i highly envy you in situations like that

dantoro
04-10-2009, 07:01 PM
the worst moment was when i suddenly realized JJ had captured my attention for 10 minutes - I felt robbed of precious moments of which i never would have again.