PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Obituary

gaypalmsprings
05-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Benjamin Nicholas Muller passed on while he slept early Monday morning, April 28. Ben lived in Quincy until his graduation from Greenville High School in 2005. He was a lively young man with a terrific love of music, politics and science. Ben attended Grossmont Community College in La Mesa and was scheduled to attend UC San Diego in the fall to study international conflict resolution. Ben was perhaps best known for his aptitude and success with public speaking. This gift led to his competing in the Model United Nations collegiate program nationwide. He had the honor of being the first American student to win the international competition in Amsterdam in 2006. Ben was an active contributor to several "think tank" publications as an essayist on social politics, education strategies as well as Internet music reviews. Ben is the son of Cynthia and Brad Baker, and is survived by his brothers Stuart, Jonathon and Michael. Ben will be greatly missed by all.

Source: http://www.plumasnews.com/news_story.edi?sid=6263
Obituaries 5/07/08

thelastgreatman
05-08-2008, 10:31 PM
snide comment, insert here

algunz
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
I'll bet he had a good time on that Amsterdam trip.

SFChrissy
05-09-2008, 07:31 AM
That just gave me chills...I wonder how his mother feels...

thefunkylama
05-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Holy shit, I didn't know he was from Quincy. I live next door to Plumas County.

PassiveTheory
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Holy shit, I didn't know he was from Quincy. I live next door to Plumas County.

You just gave bug your coordinates. More or less.

bug on your lip
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
i have it narrowed down to a 10 block radius

thefunkylama
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Plumas County is a beautiful place, though. If you lived near it, you'd brag, too.

deja.you
05-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Me and my friend Holly met Ben at Coachella 06, me and my friend decided we would take a week off of high school and basically hitchhike down to Coachella. We booked a flight to ontario california packed our tent, a bit of food, and some water and went on the coachella message board on myspace to see if anyone could pick us up from the airport. My friend got a reply from Ben and he said that he would give us a lift to the festival. Once we made off our plane we waited for Ben for a couple of hours and thought he wasent going to come after all. All of a sudden he showed up and gave us a lift. The journey down to Coachella was one id always remember. We camped with Ben at the festival, he made sure we had enough water and would take off periodically to go find more people he knew but always came back to check on us. He even gave my friend her first taste of weed and she was off her face the whole festival. When the festival was over and we had to catch our flight back to the airport, a very hungover Ben drove us back to the airport at 7:00 in the morning. On our way there he almost killed us multipul times by swerving into cars and on coming traffic so we pulled over at a rest stop to take a nap, after a couple hours of napping and cancelling our flight and booking a later one, we were back on our way to the airport. We ended up hitting traffic in the end and had to cancel our flight again and get a later one. Since we had a later flight, we stopped at a resturant and ate breakfest, Ben's breakfast was a lot of cups of coffee. After breakfast, we made it to the airport, not before stopping off for another round of coffee. At the airport we said our good byes and thanks to Ben and said we would see him next year at the festival. We kept in touch through myspace. The next year came and we went to coachella again, this year taking my friends subaru. We looked for Ben in the crowds and saw him up infront of the stages a few times and thats where I'd like to think he is now. The first year of Coachella we went to couldnt be topped by the next one and I have Ben to thank for that because he made it the most memorable and I hope he had an amazing time at this years festival. I'll always think of him when I think about Coachella and My Morning Jacket.

BROKENDOLL
05-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Deja,you~ That was a really nice first post and indeed a good memory.There is good and bad in everybody and I'm sure his family and friends will appreciate thinking more about the good memories and setting aside any negativity at this time. Somebody said something to the effect of, " May the Angels take him higher than he's ever been..." And it just seemed right...

meowbaby
05-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Me and my friend Holly met Ben at Coachella 06, me and my friend decided we would take a week off of high school and basically hitchhike down to Coachella. We booked a flight to ontario california packed our tent, a bit of food, and some water and went on the coachella message board on myspace to see if anyone could pick us up from the airport. My friend got a reply from Ben and he said that he would give us a lift to the festival. Once we made off our plane we waited for Ben for a couple of hours and thought he wasent going to come after all. All of a sudden he showed up and gave us a lift. The journey down to Coachella was one id always remember. We camped with Ben at the festival, he made sure we had enough water and would take off periodically to go find more people he knew but always came back to check on us. He even gave my friend her first taste of weed and she was off her face the whole festival. When the festival was over and we had to catch our flight back to the airport, a very hungover Ben drove us back to the airport at 7:00 in the morning. On our way there he almost killed us multipul times by swerving into cars and on coming traffic so we pulled over at a rest stop to take a nap, after a couple hours of napping and cancelling our flight and booking a later one, we were back on our way to the airport. We ended up hitting traffic in the end and had to cancel our flight again and get a later one. Since we had a later flight, we stopped at a resturant and ate breakfest, Ben's breakfast was a lot of cups of coffee. After breakfast, we made it to the airport, not before stopping off for another round of coffee. At the airport we said our good byes and thanks to Ben and said we would see him next year at the festival. We kept in touch through myspace. The next year came and we went to coachella again, this year taking my friends subaru. We looked for Ben in the crowds and saw him up infront of the stages a few times and thats where I'd like to think he is now. The first year of Coachella we went to couldnt be topped by the next one and I have Ben to thank for that because he made it the most memorable and I hope he had an amazing time at this years festival. I'll always think of him when I think about Coachella and My Morning Jacket.
ben really did make that coachella amazing. i remember being a little sketched out at the airport thinking we were getting ourselves into something crazy but ben really was such a nice guy. that same 06, i was planning on hitting up sasquatch with ben but i ended up having to sell my tickets, but ben got me a yeah yeah yeahs shirt from there. this year i had talked to ben weeks ago and we would have a little reunion at this years sasquatch. i am so sad that he wont be able to attend but i know he will still be there. we knew him for 3 days and he took care of us like we had been friends for a long time. he introduced me to some beautiful music and got me really into festivals. thanks ben. :)