PDA

View Full Version : I push photographers.

thewindowliquor
05-08-2008, 09:38 PM
That's right. I push them down, and I don't even feel bad about it a little.

First, note my user name. I stood in the Sahara Tent for most of Sandra Collins and all of Diplo. I care for neither of their musical stylings. When Aphex Twin came on, I was right on the rail in the front row. I was psyched. I have literally been waiting over a decade for my chance to see Aphex Twin live.

Then some photographer is going to stand on the bench part of the rail, literally putting his ass right in my face, and stand there while taking several pictures?

No. I push you down. Always.

algunz
05-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Me Tarzan, You Jane.

PassiveTheory
05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
So why talk about this now? Did you get an angry letter of fanmail from the photographer who's fanny you shoved?

Suffacated
05-08-2008, 09:54 PM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/king-kong.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t52/Suffacated/king-kong-1.gif

frozen pilgrim
05-08-2008, 09:59 PM
I did the same at the beginning of kraftwerk

thewindowliquor
05-08-2008, 10:08 PM

I'm glad Prince had the courtesy to remove them for me.

edit: since I was front row for that show, too.

C DUB YA
05-09-2008, 08:14 AM
douche

SFChrissy
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
doucheBag

NicoDread
05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
haha

ivankay
05-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Actually i kind of think what the photographer did was rude. i'll stand on that bench, but it won't be my ass in your face (quite the opposite). i'll establish some eye contact with the person i'm going to be standing in front of what i'm gonna do and that it's gonna be quick (hand signals). i don't use that bench to get pictures of the artists, but for crowd shots. If that guy was lingering there, security should have called him down. How did he react to the push? Doesn't sound like he pushed back (when you push anyone for any reason, expect a push back).

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I whack security gaurds in the tummy when they get up and stand in front of me on the rail during Flogging Molly.

Sexecutioner
05-09-2008, 10:05 AM
I whack security gaurds in the tummy when they get up and stand in front of me on the rail during Flogging Molly.

usually when the guards come up next to the rail like that, it means you should put your hands up, cuz some dude is about to land on your head, and they are preparing to grab him...

NicoDread
05-09-2008, 10:10 AM
yeah getting caught off-guard by crowd surfers really sucks.

KatieLyn
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
usually when the guards come up next to the rail like that, it means you should put your hands up, cuz some dude is about to land on your head, and they are preparing to grab him...

Yeah see that's USUALLY the case, for this dick of a security gaurd though no one was crowd surfing, I checked. He was simply anticipating that someone would as he blocked my view.

summerkid
05-09-2008, 10:46 AM

were you trying to get everybody to push the photographers?

captncrzy
05-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Douche.

I'd push you back...maybe pop you in the face. Then I'd have you arrested. Then I'd sue you and take your trailer.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
That's right. I push them down, and I don't even feel bad about it a little.

First, note my user name. I stood in the Sahara Tent for most of Sandra Collins and all of Diplo. I care for neither of their musical stylings. When Aphex Twin came on, I was right on the rail in the front row. I was psyched. I have literally been waiting over a decade for my chance to see Aphex Twin live.

Then some photographer is going to stand on the bench part of the rail, literally putting his ass right in my face, and stand there while taking several pictures?

No. I push you down. Always.

now now you see I have looooonnnggg arm and it stretches from where I stand to where you sit and take photos, and I PUSH PHOTOGRAPHERS!!

anonimouse
05-09-2008, 08:13 PM
most press photographers i find to be pretty cool about this. they'll usually do their business during the first song or two and then leave. but when you have been waiting for a particular artist to play and as soon as they start your perfect view gets blocked, i can see how that would piss someone off

frozen pilgrim
05-09-2008, 08:18 PM
were you trying to get everybody to push the photographers?

yes I sure was
nehind the 2nd barrier, to the immediate left of the centre aisle (facing the stage)

nobody helped me shove them, so when the show started and they didn't move, I got a few generous shoves in before I felt I'd made my point and lit up a joint.

frozen pilgrim
05-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Douche.

I'd push you back...maybe pop you in the face. Then I'd have you arrested. Then I'd sue you and take your trailer.

you talking to me?

thelastgreatman
05-09-2008, 08:24 PM
I push you down. Always.

MeowMixer
05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
I push no one down. Always.

PassiveTheory
05-10-2008, 02:34 AM
yeah getting caught off-guard by crowd surfers really sucks.

As the victim of a missile dropkick courtesy of a crowd surfer being dropped during Arcade Fire in 07... Fuck yes it sucks.

coldstart
05-10-2008, 03:00 AM
yes I sure was
nehind the 2nd barrier, to the immediate left of the centre aisle (facing the stage)

nobody helped me shove them, so when the show started and they didn't move, I got a few generous shoves in before I felt I'd made my point and lit up a joint.

Do you feel better now? Maybe now it's time to find a more grown up way to express your emotions instead of getting physical.

emtgreg
05-10-2008, 03:47 AM
I drink your milkshake, I drink it up.

MarkO
05-10-2008, 05:50 AM
most press photographers i find to be pretty cool about this. they'll usually do their business during the first song or two and then leave. .......

They only get 3 songs/15mins then they have to leave.

fiyahhh!
05-10-2008, 06:07 AM
I think both sides have legit beef here. The photographer is just trying to do their job... I don't push food vendors out of my way when they're in front of me at the ballpark and I'm trying to watch the game. Plus, the photographers are supposed to be shooed away after the 2nd song. On the other hand, I can see where finally getting to that coveted rail position only to have someone waltz up and park it in front of me could cause a little "I don't think so" shove.

frozen pilgrim
05-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Do you feel better now? Maybe now it's time to find a more grown up way to express your emotions instead of getting physical.

say that to my face, bitch.

Bud Luster
05-10-2008, 10:12 AM
yeah, totally say it to his face (as opposed to whatever part of his body you were saying it to before)

frozen pilgrim
05-10-2008, 10:17 AM
well, it's the intertubez, so I guess he's saying it to my... fingertips?

gey goldenvoice:
how about next year you respect the music fans who pay $300 and stake out a decent spot for a show.
they're fucking photographers, not international diplomats. they have absolutely no right to completely obstruct the view of hundreds of loyal fans.
every time you let photographers stand up on the barrier like that, you're putting them at risk of physical injury from fans like me.
I was NOT the first one to get physical, mind you. there was an absolute hailstorm of bottles, water, debris, and food garbage being thrown at the thoughtless cocksuckers who were blocking kraftwerk fans even before I started pushing...
coincidence that they were NOT there for portishead?
I think not.

coldstart
05-10-2008, 10:36 AM
say that to my face, bitch.

Wow, you are so intimidating over the internet. Are you 14?

ivankay
05-10-2008, 10:36 AM
i see the yellow and blue shirts calling people down from the bench part of the barricade pretty consistently. If i use it the way i described earlier, i get waved down pretty quickly (but i'm also down pretty fast). If some douch bag is lounging there, yeah that's an issue; but if it's fast and relegated to the first 3 songs, you have as much to compain about as anyone walking in front of you.

captncrzy
05-10-2008, 10:38 AM
you talking to me?

No. Was talking to the thread starter.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I push you down. Always.

I quickly move to the side and you fall down by your own forward momentum but then I help you back up and we shake hands.

frozen pilgrim
05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
No. Was talking to the thread starter.

cool.
'cause you're cool.
so it's cool that's we're cool.

frozen pilgrim
05-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Wow, you are so intimidating over the internet. Are you 14?

nope. but I am young. nineteen.
also 5 foot 11. (when I stand up straight, which is rarely)
but in person, a very very nice guy. ask rage patton. or sparks.

stuporfly
05-10-2008, 01:28 PM
As the victim of a missile dropkick courtesy of a crowd surfer being dropped during Arcade Fire in 07

People crowd surfed during Arcade Fire? Can't wait to see what happens in 2009 if that Neil Diamond petition bears any fruit.

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 01:34 PM
I push Neil Diamond down. Always.

Bud Luster
05-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Neil Diamond just goes down. You dont have to push him.