PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones, bitches!

JustSteve
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Fuck, I'm going to start fully immersing myself in these movies to get ready for the new one...anyone else excited?

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/12/10/indiana-jones-crystal-skull.jpg

bug on your lip
05-08-2008, 11:29 AM
too busy milking goats

marooko
05-08-2008, 12:09 PM
yay rehash.

marooko
05-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Coming next summer...Indiana Jones and The Walker of Doom.

bug on your lip
05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
*cough*

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I was more excited till I read the first batch of reviews.

They ain't good.

menikmati
05-08-2008, 12:13 PM
It has Shilo LeBeauf or however you spell it. That equals FAIL.

Cancersticks1
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I've been looking forward to it.

rage patton
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Is anyone else still upset John Rys-Davies isn't in this?

twoheadedboy
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
too busy milking goats

hahah you would

I AM READY FOR INDIANA JONES HAPPINESS ORGY

eh? eh?

twoheadedboy
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Is anyone else still upset John Rys-Davies isn't in this?

: (

me sad

bug on your lip
05-08-2008, 12:22 PM
hahah you would

hay
i'm not a hater

i just think this was good idea for 1996 not , what year is it again, oh yeah. not 2008

SFChrissy
05-08-2008, 12:25 PM
too busy milking goatsso you have a handfull of tits going on right now???

SFChrissy
05-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm excited...my little ones and I rented the previous so they could be up to speed before the movie comes out...My oldest is so stoked unfortunately the opening lands on a weekend they are with daddy...luckily he's a lagger and I'll probably end up taking them to see it first...I can't wait!!!

amyzzz
05-08-2008, 12:55 PM
It has Shilo LeBeauf or however you spell it. That equals FAIL.
I like Shia.

Young blood
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Im on team Shia.

I <3 me some Indiana Jones flix.

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 12:58 PM
i love the old school movies, but i'm definitely not getting my hopes up for this one.

if nothing else, this movie has provided an opportunity for many hilarious photoshops.

menikmati
05-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I love the Last Crusade.

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 01:07 PM
i also hope there's something that's equally as awesome as the guy who rips people's still beating hearts out of their chests.

sadly though, i don't think there's anything they could come up with that is as awesome :(

downingthief
05-08-2008, 01:33 PM
I personally am looking forward to it. I will avoid the reviews as much as I can, but I plan on seeing it regardless. I count Raiders as the best action/adventure flick of all time.

traviscanada
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Watched Raiders last night... It is still pretty awesome.

garrett222
05-08-2008, 01:47 PM
indiana jones is review proof. it is speilberg and lucas. 160 million in three days, guaranteed.

bug on your lip
05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
who fukkin cares how much it makes

does that ever decide what u watch?

i hate hearing aboot that shit

menikmati
05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
review proof or how much it makes....doesn't matter....still doesn't prevent it from being a shitty film.

emtgreg
05-08-2008, 02:06 PM
hahah you would

I AM READY FOR INDIANA JONES HAPPINESS ORGY

eh? eh?

you had me at orgy!

http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00628/80/08/628008008_l.jpg

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
i'm ready for a han solo and indiana jones orgy. *drool*

gaypalmsprings
05-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Speed Racer is da man

twoheadedboy
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
you had me at orgy!

http://b8.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00628/80/08/628008008_l.jpg

WOOOOOHOOOOOO

paulb
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
ive got low expectations...but im really excited...Indiana Jones is a great series

humanoid
05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I personally don't care what reviews say about this movie.....normally I'm into well thought out Indie movies, but for this type of Indy movie, its more about fun and silly adventure....I'm not looking to be intellectually or artistically stimulated by this film

paulb
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
is this new one about Nazis at all?

twoheadedboy
05-08-2008, 03:22 PM
no...
it's about russians and roswell and a golden monkey statue

i was just thinking how i wish it involved nazis in one way or another
that was my favorite indiana jones movie

paulb
05-08-2008, 03:26 PM
remember when he uses the german gun and the bullet goes through 3 guys?

twoheadedboy
05-08-2008, 03:28 PM
oh man
that was so bad ass

but this is the best thing EVER

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4d55xTWcCTU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4d55xTWcCTU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[YT]

paulb
05-08-2008, 03:29 PM
snakes....i hate snakes....

I wanna watch my dvds now...

menikmati
05-08-2008, 03:30 PM
just put the little code after the "=" from the youtube url in between the YT tags.

twoheadedboy
05-08-2008, 03:34 PM
just put the little code after the "=" from the youtube url in between the YT tags.

yeah
i fucking suck at posting youtube shit
i am never doing it again
it's too complicated for my simple mind

humanoid
05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=twoheadedboy;606282]oh man
that was so bad ass

I think I just decided that I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Ark later tonight...your clip inspired me!

Trick Loves The Kids
05-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I expect this to be absolutely awful although I'd like to be surprised. I'd like to point out that George Lucas hasn't touched anything worthwhile since the 3rd Indy movie and that was 1989.

miscorrections
05-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I am going to miss Salah. I am happy Marian will be back. I do not have high expectations, but I love Indiana Jones and will definitely go and maybe even dress up.

thelastgreatman
05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
All of you get ready for the simultaneous release of Mass Disappointment that will be showing just outside the theatre doors at the end of every showing.

whynotsmile99
05-08-2008, 04:58 PM
i can't wait. I want to watch the series again but my dvds are horribly scratched. I blame my xbox as I take far better care of dvds than in the condition they are in.

Not a fan of Shia though

menikmati
05-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I expect this to be absolutely awful although I'd like to be surprised. I'd like to point out that George Lucas hasn't touched anything worthwhile since the 3rd Indy movie and that was 1989.

While I do agree with this, I will give Lucas a little credit for Episode I. I know most people absolutely hate it, but out of all the prequels, Episode I is the best by far. Yeah ok, it's hard to get past Jar Jar Binks, but once you do, Episode I has far more diversity, better acting, and is just the most interesting out of the three (plus it has Liam Neeson). I personally just can't stand Ep. 2 or 3 that much...the acting is fucking horrible, every scene seems the same, and I'm not a fan of the all digital Yoda either. It feels like a fuckin 2 year old wrote the last two episodes. All the mythology and everything else just totally lacked in those last two films and was replaced by cartoony computer bullshit.

Wheres the beef?
05-08-2008, 05:02 PM
oh man
that was so bad ass

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4d55xTWcCTU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4d55xTWcCTU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[YT]

IIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYY YYYYY!

whynotsmile99
05-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Uwe Boll's Postal comes out the same day.

I wonder what will win at the box office?

http://www.toxicshock.tv/news/wp-content/uploads/postal_movie_poster.jpg

allyjoy
05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
All of you get ready for the simultaneous release of Mass Disappointment that will be showing just outside the theatre doors at the end of every showing.

http://www.moviejungle.com/images/indi_drink_small.jpg

sidenote: I met this guy & his band name is Anna Jones. I had to ask why he called it that since it was just him & a guitar. He goes: Anna Jones is an indie band. Indie Anna Jones... Indiana Jones = greatest trilogy of all time. I knew @ that moment that we would become fast friends.

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 10:01 AM
While I do agree with this, I will give Lucas a little credit for Episode I. I know most people absolutely hate it, but out of all the prequels, Episode I is the best by far. Yeah ok, it's hard to get past Jar Jar Binks, but once you do, Episode I has far more diversity, better acting, and is just the most interesting out of the three (plus it has Liam Neeson). I personally just can't stand Ep. 2 or 3 that much...the acting is fucking horrible, every scene seems the same, and I'm not a fan of the all digital Yoda either. It feels like a fuckin 2 year old wrote the last two episodes. All the mythology and everything else just totally lacked in those last two films and was replaced by cartoony computer bullshit.

episode one may have had liam neeson, but unfortunately he couldn't save that piece of crap. it was all exposition and anakin asking ridiculous questions to bring the audience up to speed. my friends and i would go sit in the back of the theatres over and over again just to laugh along. it was a farce.

episode 3 may have had some shitty acting from christensen and portman, but man, the emperor kicked ass. we also finally got some resolution in episode 3 to a lot of the dragging exposition from 1 and 2. we also got to see a more mature obi-wan and some great scenes with him trying to save the republic. not to mention yoda and the wookies, that was cute :)

3 was MUCH better than 1, IMO. the acting may not have been as good, but the acting in the original trilogy ain't exactly great either. at least 3 had an interesting storyline.

menikmati
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
The wookies in Ep. 3 was pointless, sorry. What was the reason for them being there? To please fans with a bunch of CGI hairy creatures that resemble Chewbacca? To do another cheap rendition of old technology verses new (like ewoks vs. stormtroopers)? It was just plain pointless and cheesy and served no purpose in the story. And yes, the acting in Ep. 3 is pretty much the worse acting I have ever seen in any major film ever. The only redeeming value of Ep. 3 is the lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end, but even then with that being cut against a bunch of cheesy ass CGI battles of Yoda and clone troopers, was pretty bad. And what was with Grevious? Just some new bad guy that popped out of nowhere with no backstory or introduction...just another gimmick in the series to create toys and hype. I understand a lot that Star Wars is just gimmicks and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but Ep. 3 was just god awful, sorry.

PotVsKtl
05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Unsurprisingly, the reviews are bad.

bartelby
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
The wookies in Ep. 3 was pointless, sorry. What was the reason for them being there? To please fans with a bunch of CGI hairy creatures that resemble Chewbacca? To do another cheap rendition of old technology verses new (like ewoks vs. stormtroopers)? It was just plain pointless and cheesy and served no purpose in the story. And yes, the acting in Ep. 3 is pretty much the worse acting I have ever seen in any major film ever. The only redeeming value of Ep. 3 is the lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan at the end, but even then with that being cut against a bunch of cheesy ass CGI battles of Yoda and clone troopers, was pretty bad. And what was with Grevious? Just some new bad guy that popped out of nowhere with no backstory or introduction...just another gimmick in the series to create toys and hype. I understand a lot that Star Wars is just gimmicks and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but Ep. 3 was just god awful, sorry.

they all sucked but i found Ep. 3 more watchable than Ep. 1

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 11:48 AM
they all sucked but i found Ep. 3 more watchable than Ep. 1

and that is exactly my point. maybe it's because i never got into star wars until high school, but i have never taken the movies "seriously". crappy acting, crappy writing and cheesy gimmicks... that is star wars. but, they manage to keep you interested and create an entirely different universe than our own.

episode 1 was all set-up for the things to come in later episodes, which in my opinion, made it really boring to watch. episode 3 not only answered questions from the first two prequels, but tied the movies to the original trilogy which again, made it more interesting to watch.

to each their own. obviously not everyone will enjoy the same movies. i just don't think episode 1 was any "better" with the acting/gimmicks than any of the other star wars movies in the franchise. it just had one of the most boring to watch plotlines of any of the star wars movies. though, it did have the cool poster with child anakin standing by the rock with the shadow of darth on the rock. that's about the only good thing episode 1 had to offer, besides liam neeson.

C DUB YA
05-09-2008, 11:56 AM
nevermind

rage patton
05-09-2008, 11:59 AM
FUCK THAT!

EDIT: That was in response to C DUB's edited post, which I won't mention what it said.

atom heart
05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
This film is completely superfluous.

C DUB YA
05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
FUCK THAT!

EDIT: That was in response to C DUB's edited post, which I won't mention what it said.

yeah sorry - I had a friend go to a screening, and basically I drilled him about the plot and found out way too much info - I was going to post soemthing, but then I decided to leave spoilers alone altogether.

rage patton
05-09-2008, 01:10 PM
yeah sorry - I had a friend go to a screening, and basically I drilled him about the plot and found out way too much info - I was going to post soemthing, but then I decided to leave spoilers alone altogether.

I just don't know what to think of that. It doesn't surprise me that much actually... but why? Oh well, I won't have high hopes going into this movie. Perhaps I will enjoy it more that way.

iv3rdawG
05-19-2008, 07:44 PM
81% on RT with 58 reviews. 47 good 11 bad. I'm thinking of going to the midnight screening. We'll see.

o1c05_yXmaI

When those first notes come on.. oh boy.

thelastgreatman
05-19-2008, 11:36 PM

The acting in Ep 2 is much, much, much worse. The Emperor was fucking fantastic, dude should've gotten a support actor nomination--no foolsies. The reason there was Kashyyyk (wookie planet) is that (a) they were going around between half a dozen fucking planets, why do you care if one of them is a wookie planet? and (b) in Return of the Jedi, Endor was supposed to be populated by wookies before Lucas turned them into cute and cuddly cocksucking ewoks. Wookies will kick the shit out of you, bub.

sbessiso
05-20-2008, 03:15 AM
i'm excited for this I gotta say, completing disregarding Lucas' name, I do have faith in Speilberg, sure not all of his movies rock, but he's damn good at his shit

PLUS anyone else here about that 3 1/2 minute standing ovation it got at Cannes? those french bastards are notorious for their booing etc, so that gives me much hope

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Clerks II got an eight minute standing ovation at Cannes, okay?

sbessiso
05-20-2008, 03:44 AM
cuz its fucking hilarious and a terrific sequel?

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Like I don't love Kevin Smith, c'mon. And yes, it was very good, but it is far from a movie I would be compelled to give a standing fucking ovation to. FOR EIGHT MINUTES.

thestripe
05-20-2008, 04:09 AM
I just saw the trailer and the scene where Indiana is going down a waterfall ruined my hopes of the movie being any good. The CG in that scene look terrible.

sbessiso
05-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Like I don't love Kevin Smith, c'mon. And yes, it was very good, but it is far from a movie I would be compelled to give a standing fucking ovation to. FOR EIGHT MINUTES.

ok, very true, I remember reading that whole bit about the 8 minute ovation and I just thought it was an exageration, man the audience's at cannes make no fucking sense to me (i had just assumed that you loathed clerks II so I felt the need to get defensive)

and about the CGI, I dunno man, give it a shot, it is steven fucking speilberg (although I havent seen that trailer)

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 04:25 AM
How in the fuck would you think I wouldn't like Clerks, dork.

sbessiso
05-20-2008, 04:38 AM
because we're talking about the sequel, its up in the air when we talk about sequels

miscorrections
05-20-2008, 08:40 AM
The fact that it looks like there's a lot of CGI totally bums me out. Part of what makes the originals so great is all the stunts - I feel like using CGI is akin to turning back on the tradition and plus that stupid computer shit looks fake.

bartelby
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree CGI never looks as good as a true stunt.

whynotsmile99
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
im pissed. I think my Indiana Jones box set got mixed up with my old roommates.

All the discs are scratched to shit, which I always take care of. Raiders isn't even there, simply replaced by a "10 minute bonus featurette disc"

dammit!

menikmati
05-20-2008, 06:14 PM
The acting in Ep 2 is much, much, much worse. The Emperor was fucking fantastic, dude should've gotten a support actor nomination--no foolsies. The reason there was Kashyyyk (wookie planet) is that (a) they were going around between half a dozen fucking planets, why do you care if one of them is a wookie planet? and (b) in Return of the Jedi, Endor was supposed to be populated by wookies before Lucas turned them into cute and cuddly cocksucking ewoks. Wookies will kick the shit out of you, bub.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.....first off, the Emperor was fantastic in that movie? Sorry, but right when he was "deformed", it just turned to a bunch of cheeseball/shitty acting by him. It was laughable. And Anakin bowing to him at that moment, might as well just had read the script out of his hand right then and there, because it couldn't of sounded much worse...and I won't even go into detail on the balcony scene between Anakin and Padme...I could direct my next door neighbors 10x better than that guaranteed. So yes Ep. 2 has shitty acting, I'm not arguing that, but there is nothing at all found in Ep. 3 that would push it ahead of Ep. 2...things just kept getting worse.

And as for the wookies? Who gives a shit if they were in the film? They served no purpose whatsoever....all they were, were a bunch of CGI crap thrown in by the computer...you could of replaced them all with digital ewoks, battle droids, or fucking snails...it wouldn't have impacted the story any differently at all. It was just fuckin pathetic, and an obvious attempt of Lucas trying to please the "hardcore" fans. Again, laughable and embarrassing.

miscorrections
05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Episodes 1-3 are disgraceful. Period.

P.S. The hardcore fans were NOT pleased by the overabundance of wookiees.

P.P.S. Yes, it's 'wookiee'. Learn it, love it, live it.

thelastgreatman
05-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.....first off, the Emperor was fantastic in that movie? Sorry, but right when he was "deformed", it just turned to a bunch of cheeseball/shitty acting by him. It was laughable. And Anakin bowing to him at that moment, might as well just had read the script out of his hand right then and there, because it couldn't of sounded much worse...and I won't even go into detail on the balcony scene between Anakin and Padme...I could direct my next door neighbors 10x better than that guaranteed. So yes Ep. 2 has shitty acting, I'm not arguing that, but there is nothing at all found in Ep. 3 that would push it ahead of Ep. 2...things just kept getting worse.

And as for the wookies? Who gives a shit if they were in the film? They served no purpose whatsoever....all they were, were a bunch of CGI crap thrown in by the computer...you could of replaced them all with digital ewoks, battle droids, or fucking snails...it wouldn't have impacted the story any differently at all. It was just fuckin pathetic, and an obvious attempt of Lucas trying to please the "hardcore" fans. Again, laughable and embarrassing.

The emperor was fucking fantastic except for the actual transformation scene. That scene was botched half a dozen ways, but that doesn't take away from how great he was prior to and after that. If you don't think he was acting well there, well, you're just out of your fucking mind, but that's cool. Go back and watch the fucking HOUR of incredibly bad romance storyline acting in Episode 2--it's a hundred times more painful.

Dude, how the FUCK do you care so much that there was a wookiee (apparently) planet? It's not remotely integral to the plot or anything that matters, it's just a setting. There are dozens of much, much more valid reasons to hate on that movie, but that isn't one of them.

Episodes 1-3 are disgraceful. Period.

P.S. The hardcore fans were NOT pleased by the overabundance of wookiees.

P.P.S. Yes, it's 'wookiee'. Learn it, love it, live it.

Are you speaking for all "hardcore fans?" You're a 20 year old girl--I don't think you're very representative of the overweight 30-something terminally single dorks of the world.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-20-2008, 11:33 PM
half of episode 1 and all of episodes 2-3 are just a painful blur

fatbastard
05-21-2008, 05:26 AM
I've never seen any of these movies. I may start soon since they have been playing on cable this month. Worth my time?

I just seen the Back to The Future series this year. One was pretty good, 2 was so so, and I turned the channel on 3 about 10 minutes in.

Stefinitely Maybe
05-21-2008, 07:09 AM
My friend saw the Indy premiere here a couple of days ago. Here is her review (don't worry, no spoilers):

"John Hurt came out and introduced it, the curtains went back, everyone cheered and clapped. And from the very first shot right through to the end I was inwardly squealing with glee... it is, thankfully, just wonderful...

I saw a couple of moany reports online, saying things along the lines of "well it was always going to be disappointing, wasn't it?" - no it wasn't! Well, I hadn't seen the others for years so maybe it was easier for me to come at it with a fresh and open mind, but I think that's what you have to do with sequels, always. I watched with my mouth open and eyes glinting, feeling like a 10 year old kid, and came out forgetting that I'm actually going to be 17 years older than that tomorrow.

It's perfectly paced and there's just so much stuff in it. I often get bored of car chases and big old scraps etc but in this one, everytime you'd got the thrill of something, it changed, or something else happened, and it just kept going and going, like one of those brilliantly delicious posh taster menus where every dish is just perfect but only lasts a couple of mouthfuls and before you're over it you're onto the next thing... I had goosebumps and was grinning like a kid in a pram being pushed under trees...

And I love how no matter how audacious and improbable his escapes you never think "as if!", you just laugh and think "brilliant!" because he's Indiana fucking Jones*...

Anyone who comes out of this film full of cynical disclaimers should get out and run about in the sun with some kids or jump on a carousel or something and get over themselves. It is what it is and it's the most marvellous fun and they should all get a jolly good round of applause."

TomAz
05-21-2008, 08:05 AM
remember that scene in the first movie where the monkey dies? awesome.

or the part with the big rolling ball? wow

or how bout when Indy is confronted by the guy with the big sword and just pulls out his gun and shoots him? total classic.

oh and the snakes. I HATE SNAKES!

ghettojournalist
05-21-2008, 06:18 PM
i'm seeing this film regardless of whether it's good or not. that's kinda silly, but it's necessary.

JClemy
05-21-2008, 06:32 PM

I was pretty drunk when I finally saw clerks II so I may have given it a standing ovation.

I'm going to see Indiana Jones no matter what. I realized as I read what you all said about crappy reviews and realized I just don't care.

bartelby
05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
remember that scene in the first movie where the monkey dies? awesome.

or the part with the big rolling ball? wow

or how bout when Indy is confronted by the guy with the big sword and just pulls out his gun and shoots him? total classic.

oh and the snakes. I HATE SNAKES!

Indy's coy smile right before the giant gets blended by the airplane is pure awesomeness

iv3rdawG
05-21-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull/

78%. It's doing great.

whynotsmile99
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
here are the Cinerama Dome showtimes for Thursday morning.

Anyone doing that 3:30am Indy? would be memorable. I'd make it to Hollywood in 5 minutess. I love LA in the middle of the night.

12:01AM 12:15AM 12:16AM 12:17AM 12:18AM 12:30AM
12:31AM 12:32AM 12:33AM 12:45AM 12:46AM 1:00AM
1:01AM 3:30AM

13 different screens simutaniously. FUCK.

sbessiso
05-21-2008, 08:27 PM
thats hardcore

braundiggity
05-21-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm bored and can't sleep, so let's stop talking about Clerks and focus on Indy, shall we?

I just saw it at a midnight screening on the east coast, and here's my basic thoughts...I think it's pretty spoiler free:

It's good. Not great. It survives off its performances (Harrison, Shia, and Karen are all great. Cate Blanchett's great if you're prepared for such a pulpy role).

Screenplay blows. Well, not blows, but it lacks soul. Coulda/shoulda been better. I'd love to read the earlier drafts.

There's plenty of CG, to my dismay, and lots of winks and nudges to both Indy films and to classics (The Wild One = cool homage; Tarzan = awful homage).

That waterfall scene mentioned earlier in this thread is great. Most of the set pieces are great, for that matter, set back a bit by the reliance on CG.

The conclusion to the film is disappointing, if only because it's less Indy figuring shit out and more Indy going along for the ride.

I really, really, really liked the interaction between Harrison Ford and Shia LaBeouf.

Keep in mind that it's in ways Indiana Jones in a 1950's b-grade sci/fi flick. I think this is very cool; you might not.

Anyway, you know you're all gonna see it. Enjoy.

thelastgreatman
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Keep in mind that it's essentially Indiana Jones in a 1950's b-grade sci/fi flick. I think this is very cool; you might not.

That is the absolute most frightening description you could have given.

braundiggity
05-22-2008, 12:24 AM
That is the absolute most frightening description you could have given.

I think you took it a bit tooooo literally. Just keep that idea in mind watching the film, it's not actually a b-grade sci/fi, but it's got some elements of that thrown in.

stinkbutt
05-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Just got home it was ok about the level of cheesy recycled jokes/scenes I expected

there is a scene that really reminds me of Jedi where luke is getting chased through the woods by the stormtroopers ewoks and all

fikus222
05-22-2008, 12:55 AM
I think you took it a bit tooooo literally. Just keep that idea in mind watching the film, it's not actually a b-grade sci/fi, but it's got some elements of that thrown in.

I kind of got that from just watching the trailers. Its what I was afraid of, instead of taking themselves too seriously they went too far in the opposite direction.

Edit:

Ebert liked it. I will probably see this for free on a 'double feature' day.

Derekx
05-22-2008, 01:46 AM
I just got back from watching it. I liked it. I agree with the cheesiness though.

Blinken
05-22-2008, 01:52 AM
I had alot of problems with it, it had alot of potential but the screenplay was so fucking shitty. And i know Indy isn't supposed be realistic at all but there were some parts (one in particular) that were too over the top unbelievable that it annoyed me. Fuck George Lucas.

stinkbutt
05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
What one part are you referring to? I had already heard the plot so I knew what I was in store for, they did much better than I was expecting though.

Blinken
05-22-2008, 02:04 AM
It involves a fridge.

Edit: The fact that you had to ask is exactly what i am talking about.

Stefinitely Maybe
05-22-2008, 02:11 AM
10 Awesome Indiana Jones facts. (http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/15081)

I never knew Dan Aykroyd was in Temple Of Doom. I'll have to look out for that.

stinkbutt
05-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Eh that was one of the cheesier parts I didn't really have a problem with, sure it was really non realistic but it was kinda fun the scene I hated was the damn monkeys.

Blinken
05-22-2008, 02:18 AM
the monkeys too, but to me that wasn't as bad as the fridge especially since it isn't needed at all.

stinkbutt
05-22-2008, 02:23 AM
It was just there for entertainment, though the surrounding events made it so it was somewhat excusable for me at least. Those stupid monkeys though just reminded me of Ewoks, that whole chase reminded me of the chase scene on the moon of Endor in Return of the Jedi.

Blinken
05-22-2008, 02:36 AM
LOL i didn't think of the Ewoks but you're right. The fridge scene just kept getting worse. I think it was there just for that last image of him standing there, which was even more bullshit. It was a cool image though.

sonofhal
05-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Maybe i should finally get around to seeing the third one sometime.

sbessiso
05-22-2008, 04:35 AM
yeah I heard he survives like a nuclear blast or something by hiding out in a lead-lined fridge

wackiness like this doesnt bother me, I actually like it a lot

edit: oh im sorry. spoiler?

braundiggity
05-22-2008, 08:42 AM
The movie very, very nearly lost me with the fridge scene. Thankfully, it picked up again in the following scenes.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-22-2008, 08:48 AM
I liked it even though it was dumb as fuck

humanoid
05-22-2008, 08:59 AM
/\ I'm kinda expecting it to be dumb as fuck also, but am prepared to like it in spite of this

menikmati
05-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Dan Akroyd escorts Indiana and the gal onto the plane in Temple of the Doom.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
/\ I'm kinda expecting it to be dumb as fuck also, but am prepared to like it in spite of this

And also I really wanted to hate this movie so I could just curse Lucas for being such a fuck-up but I smiled from the first time you hear the Indy theme (which is like 2 minutes into the movie) until the very end. It's stupid and silly as hell but if you're cool with that then you will love it. I really want to go see it again.

As a side note I really wonder how much we would like Star Wars and Indiana Jones and those movies without John Williams. It's not like he doesn't get any credit but seriously that dude is a mf-ing genius.

Blinken
05-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah i was grining like an idiot whenever the theme came on.

Bosco
05-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Just saw it. It was pretty good. Hated that Shittyeia Leblah(!) person, but whatever... I couldn't help but think of this the whole time when they got to the ruins ...

http://www.ebombfilms.com/festival/entries/muertos_festival_g.jpg

:D....:winkiss

whynotsmile99
05-23-2008, 08:18 PM
ok, i went in with low expectations and I gotta be honest, I loved it.

This is a straight up pulp comic book movie through and through. If you can't accept Indy as a comic book hero you won't like it. If you can take a big disbelief pill, it's a really fun movie.

(spoilers) tarzan, sword fight and monkeys were stupid, no doubt but nuke, ants, waterfall and everything else worked really great. Spielberg is a master and uses CG very well. Shia didn't bug me at all and Cate was great as usual. Ending however left me wanting more. what even happened?

I was suprised, but came out really loving it.

bosco, that would be a ridiculously awesome festival. Chemical Brothers in a friggin tomb would be too good

sbessiso
05-23-2008, 11:38 PM
I gotta say,

good not great.

some of the green screen work was outrageously bad and i'm very good and ignoring these things, but that sword fight between shia and cate was soo cheesy, oh god so was tarzan, but there was still a lot of good moments

gratytrainridesagain
05-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Shia for Cobra Commander

tessalasset
05-24-2008, 12:51 AM
I went to see Indiana Jones tonight. It was good. When it finished, my friend and I got up and walked up the aisle to leave the theater. When I got to the top of the aisle, I realized I had left my scarf at my seat, but by that time, the entire audience was walking towards us, so I waited for everyone to pass. When I walked back down to my seat, my scarf was gone. 30 seconds and someone stole my fucking scarf right before my eyes. Motherfucker.

bballarl
05-24-2008, 11:40 AM
The new Indiana Jones movie was great. It was exactly what it should have been, which is a lot of fun. I saw it at midnight on Wednesday (or I guess it was technically Thursday) and that was a cool environment. Although I hate it when people clap during movies. The characters can't hear you. The filmmakers can't hear you. Don't clap.

BlueDevil50
05-24-2008, 11:51 AM
not great...definitely not better than ironman, but was decent to just sit back and not expect anything amazing. worth to watch but don't believe the hype...

Stefinitely Maybe
05-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I enjoyed it, but yeah it wasn't a classic.

miscorrections
05-24-2008, 05:24 PM
There were some totally great moments and other times I was rolling my eyes wildly. I think my general reaction is it's a good enough way to spend two hours, but I wouldn't see it again. It's nowhere near the caliber of the others.

betao
05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Awesome Indiana Jones facts. (http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/15081)

I never knew Dan Aykroyd was in Temple Of Doom. I'll have to look out for that.

Another fun fact (cant confirm it is true):

Raiders of the lost Arc - Remember the scene where Ford is running through the streets of a small village, and he comes to the ninja who pulls out a couple of swords and prepares to fight? Well, in the movie, Ford just pulls out his gun and shoots him down. However, in the original script, he was supposed to grab a sword and fight him. During the filming of this particular scene, Ford had the stomach flu, causing him to have to go to the bathroom quite frequently. During the filming, when he arrived to the ninja "fight scene", Ford suddenly had to go to the bathroom. He knew he couldn't stay and fight like the script said; he would end up crapping himself if he did. So just improvising, he pulled out his gun and fired, and the actor playing the ninja just went with and it fell down. Lucas and Spielberg ended up liking that much better, so they stuck with it, and that made it to the final cut.

TomAz
05-24-2008, 09:10 PM
shits and grins

fikus222
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM
So I went to a double showing tonight of Indiana and Iron Man. Indiana was just okay, at times the script was cheesy and contrived, but it was okay. Iron Man was better, but not great like has been said. On the whole I'm glad I only paid to see one of the movies tonight, therefore I am very pleased with the evening.

Jenniehoo
05-25-2008, 12:45 AM
I went to see Indiana Jones tonight. It was good. When it finished, my friend and I got up and walked up the aisle to leave the theater. When I got to the top of the aisle, I realized I had left my scarf at my seat, but by that time, the entire audience was walking towards us, so I waited for everyone to pass. When I walked back down to my seat, my scarf was gone. 30 seconds and someone stole my fucking scarf right before my eyes. Motherfucker.

You should call the lost and found. Maybe someone took it to give it to them and didn't do it until after you left.

tessalasset
05-25-2008, 01:57 AM
I actually left my number with the theater before I walked out, and said where I lost it and described it. They called me Saturday morning to say they think they found it and to go in and ID it, so i did, and it was not my scarf. I was pretty bummed. Still am.

thelastgreatman
05-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Should've taken it anyway.

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 08:03 AM
iron man fucking kicked so much ass

ghettojournalist
05-25-2008, 10:49 AM
after i watched this film, i felt like i had been primed for the next X-Files movie. i enjoyed it, though. the waterfall scene is awesome.

gratytrainridesagain
05-25-2008, 11:25 AM
It was fun

Alchemy
05-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I agree with Ghettojournalist that this film seemed like a priming for the X-Files movie, which I hope is more awesome than the Indiana Jones bullshit I just watched. When it came to supernatural things, the Indiana Jones trilogy did a great job with Christian myths and cults. I was hoping that when they were at the warehouse the Russians would be looking for the Ark. That would have been awesome, especially since they got Marion back in the movie. The alien and psychic stuff was too over-the-top for me. I'm so tired of the alien-teachers, first civilization, city of gold... Everybody seems to want that story.

Also, the humor was too ridiculous as well. The whole fridge and ground hog scene looked like an animated short by Pixar. The monkey scene was really dumb. What happened to humor that fit into the situation? Funny things like shooting a person instead of having a sword fight, Short Stop and Indiana's fear of snakes are cool subtle things that make us laugh. If you need to launch Indiana Jones in a fridge across the desert from a nuclear blast and land next to some cartoonish gopher, than you probably should stop making movies.

Poop.

Also, why the hell can't about 10 KGB shoot down an old man climbing boxes with machine guns?

This movie should have been about communists looking for the Ark of the Covenant by kidnapping Marion and using her to find it. They could have found some way to utilize it without melting like the nazis, and then Indiana Jones could have had to stop them somehow. This story was for Mulder and Scully, not Indiana Jones.

tessalasset
05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Should've taken it anyway.
If it wasn't hideous I totally would have.

humanoid
05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
after the ending, I was trying to figure out what the hell I just watched..

Spielberg can't be very proud, and George Lucas should NEVER be allowed to be involved in making anything ever again

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 01:14 PM
that little climax with the spinning whatever and that *coughsaucercough* was fucking intense and even more confusing

my friend and i WERE imitating Blanchett all night though

I VANT TO KNOOOOW

paulb
05-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I thought the aliens shit was little lame, especially for 1957... but I was more impressed that most of the movie took place in Peru, and they talked about the Nazca lines, and being in Cusco.... I guess being peruvian, that got me more excited.... but I enjoyed it. I would have preferred if they were searching for something else though in this movie....like, the 10 commandment stones or somethin biblical thing, as opposed to this cgi alien flying saucer shit...

menikmati
05-25-2008, 01:21 PM
the 10 commandment stones IS the Ark of the Covenant (which was done in the first film). They could of done Noah's Ark or something like that though.

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 01:21 PM
good, not great.

im quite surprised I didnt hate Shia

and hurray for karen allen! i think shes aged just as well as Ford has

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 01:22 PM
he should look for atlantis or something

PassiveTheory
05-25-2008, 01:23 PM
SPOILERS A'PLENTY

So I watched this last night before my radio show...

First, I want to say that Shia LaBoeuf doesn't deserve to be shat on for his acting in the movie. Granted, that stupid face he makes at times was annoying, and the Tarzan scene was all sorts of stupid (how the fuck does he catch up to the cars!?), he portrayed his character well.

I really hope this is the last Indy film, though, because Harrison Ford's voice for the character annoyed me at some points... It felt like he was forcing it whenever he was trying to be serious. Like an angry Adam West.

Karen Allen felt like lost carry-on in the film, just kind of there, although the driving the car off the cliff scene was pretty awesome.

Ray Winstone was pretty funny, and it felt like Cate Blanchett's Russian accent wavered off and on at the beginning of the film but got better as the movie went on.

Also, the tried and true gag of "random ethnic warriors chasing Indy" has to fucking stop. That shit jumped the shark ages ago. I hate that it's THAT that's featured on the poster and not one of the chase scenes.

Speaking of which, if you haven't seen the movie, go see it for the chase scenes. They were all magnificent, in my mind, even the fencing part. (granted, again, the Tarzan thing with the sympathetic monkeys was stupid as all hell).

I don't understand why all of the skulls formed ONE alien... Weren't there like multiple corpses? What the fuck was with that?

The nuclear explosion scene with Indy surviving by the fridge didn't bother me that much. I guess I had gotten my laughs in with the "THE BOX IS MAGNETIZED, GIVE ME YOUR GUN POWDER" bit at the beginning of the movie.

The janitor from Scrubs getting a cameo was hysterical, all I could imagine was him saying those lines to JD in his janitor get-up... Man that guy is always going to be the janitor no matter what role he plays.

Anyway, if I had to give the movie a grade, I'd give it a B/B+ (like 86 or 87%). Basically it's worth spending the 10$ to see, especially if you're a fan of the previous movies.

menikmati
05-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Atlantis was one of the early ideas for part IV I think, but that idea sounds cheesy to me.

PassiveTheory
05-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I thought they did Atlantis in the Young Indiana Jones series?

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 01:27 PM
The janitor from Scrubs getting a cameo was hysterical, all I could imagine was him saying those lines to JD in his janitor get-up... Man that guy is always going to be the janitor no matter what role he plays.

OMG!!

thank you for reminding me! my friend and I are still talking about the fact that Janitor was in it, what a distraction, I dotn remember what they were talking about in that scene

the fencing on the cars was cool passive, but godamn that greenscreen work was just AWFUL, this is steven fucking speilberg we're dealing with

ANTS!!!

that scene with all the corpses and the saucer was such a mindfuck

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 01:30 PM
i was half kidding about atlantis, thats wayy too tomb raider, which is just a indy rip-off to begin with

PassiveTheory
05-25-2008, 01:33 PM
OMG!!

thank you for reminding me! my friend and I are still talking about the fact that Janitor was in it, what a distraction, I dotn remember what they were talking about in that scene

the fencing on the cars was cool passive, but godamn that greenscreen work was just AWFUL, this is steven fucking speilberg we're dealing with

ANTS!!!

that scene with all the corpses and the saucer was such a mindfuck

I guess the greenscreen work didn't bother me, but it felt like almost every single car crash was TOO much... Like if the Hulk from that shitty Hulk movie was smashing shit.

Basically the janitor was a McCarthyist FBI agent. Imagine if he incorporated that into part of a bit for a Scrubs episode...

JD: Um... I'm just trying to get to work...
Janitor: No reds allowed. Can't you read? *points to sign*
JD: Yeah, but... *has bucket of red paint dumped on him*

Oh imagine the lolz...

sbessiso
05-25-2008, 01:42 PM
the lolz were good and plenty already

its Janitor!!

ghettojournalist
05-25-2008, 06:39 PM
i was hearing that the legend of the crystal skulls has been attributed to the lost city of Atlantis as well as the alien bit, so they could have gone that route. i find i believe the alien bit more than a trip to Atlantis for Indy.

p.s. glad to see some "Janitor" love going on. i smiled wide-style when he appeared onscreen.

Alchemy
05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
the 10 commandment stones IS the Ark of the Covenant (which was done in the first film). They could of done Noah's Ark or something like that though.

I was thinking about Noah's Ark too, but I couldn't think of anything it would supply the bad guys with. Since the Ark of the Covenant makes the carrying army unstoppable and the Holy Grail can make you live forever. I think they should have done this as a sequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Hell... Indiana Jones and the Search for the Holy Hand Grenade would have been better than Crystal Skull.

Xenocide
05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Indy IV = weak sauce.

menikmati
05-26-2008, 09:14 AM
im about to go see it, my hopes are down in the trenches.

bballarl
05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
This movie is a ton of fun. The alien thing worked in the context of the 1950s. It was a good change of pace. Yes, it was ridiculous. But all of the movies have been.

Trick Loves The Kids
05-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Indy already found Atlantis, silly geese:

http://www.spyglassguides.com/images/fateofatlantis_770.jpg

M Sparks
05-26-2008, 12:50 PM
The middle of the movie was OK, except for the bad CGI scenes. But the opening was gawdawful, and the end was just plain stupid.

Still... better than Temple Of Doom. No Short Round, no Kate Capshaw.

menikmati
05-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I'll take short round over Mutt any day. And the middle of the movie got slow for me. I felt no suspense at all. The beginning I thought was okay....but the whole alien thing at the end, was well, just cheesy and too over the top. Didn't feel like Indiana Jones anymore. Give me some more Christian mythology....not this mix between A.I./Close Encounters/E.T. I know it was trying to tie into the whole alien invasion "B movie" kinda thing from the 50's, and while it was sorta fun, it was also sorta lame/over the top/not my thing.

gratytrainridesagain
05-26-2008, 04:53 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/7/4/1/74188de9b76ab404f9562ede1c085534.jpg
Funny thing is this pic is from Goonies

algunz
05-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Short Stop

I was going to correct Alchemy, but you kids beat me to it.

Short Stop . . . that's funny.

thestripe
05-27-2008, 08:14 AM
I enjoyed it. Unfortunately it was not as great as the first three films. Yes, there were some very cheesy parts, but still a fun mindless movie. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have Shia swinging from trees? That was by far the worst part of the flick.

chairmenmeow47
05-27-2008, 08:59 AM
As a side note I really wonder how much we would like Star Wars and Indiana Jones and those movies without John Williams. It's not like he doesn't get any credit but seriously that dude is a mf-ing genius.

so very true!!! i think people would have realized the camp value of star wars a LOT sooner without the music.

and i saw this saturday night at the cine capri in scottsdale. it was alright, entertaining i guess. i was more into it than iron man. but i went in expecting to be disappointed. it wasn't great, but cate blanchett can do pretty much anything and i'm interested.

the whole greaser thing was retarded, as well as those stupid groundhogs or whatever they were, what the holy hell was THAT about?! that was worse than the monkeys! at least there was a monkey in raiders.

the fridge was definitely retarded. i also agree that it was better than doom. the only thing doom had going for it was the guy who ripped still beating hearts out of people's chests, and a decent nintendo game.

if they do a sequel i probably wouldn't have any interest. this was entertaining, but nothing special.

KungFuJoe
05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
I love Cate Blanchett too. Was excited when I initially saw she was in this film. As great as she is, it doesn't mean she can do no wrong. I disliked her in The Life Aquatic (although I like the film) & truly hated her in "The Aviator". This one joins those ranks.

Alchemy
05-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I was going to correct Alchemy, but you kids beat me to it.

Short Stop . . . that's funny.

Haha! Short Round.

I stand corrected.

Blinken
05-27-2008, 11:07 AM
the whole greaser thing was retarded, as well as those stupid groundhogs or whatever they were, what the holy hell was THAT about?! that was worse than the monkeys! at least there was a monkey in raiders.

The Groundhogs were an allusion to "Groundhog Day" starring Bill Murray. This is George Lucas' way of saying we are giving you the same shit over and over again.

sbessiso
05-27-2008, 11:09 AM
nicely put man

chairmenmeow47
05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
The Groundhogs were an allusion to "Groundhog Day" starring Bill Murray. This is George Lucas' way of saying we are giving you the same shit over and over again.

ah ha ha ha ha. finally! an explanation i can live with! =P

miscorrections
05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Weren't they supposed to be gophers? I don't think groundhogs live in Nevada.

sbessiso
05-27-2008, 11:14 AM
well now we're just splitting hairs

chairmenmeow47
05-27-2008, 11:14 AM

whatever they were they were highly unneccessary. i kept raising my arms when they'd come on the screen. seriously WTF?!?!?!

and did anyone else laugh hysterically towards the beginning when indy's hat hits the ground and all those russians with guns lift 'em up and run back in a circle around the hat? what the hell dudes, it's a HAT! CALM DOWN.

samiksha
05-27-2008, 11:16 AM
what about prairie dogs?

miscorrections
05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, that's actually more likely.

Stefinitely Maybe
05-29-2008, 05:35 AM
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER................

The movie has a huge plot hole: We are told in the film that the Conquistadors first stole the skull. However, since Indiana has to use the skull to open the tomb that it came from, it would have been impossible for the Conquistadors to have opened the tomb to steal it in the first place.

Must try harder. B-

humanoid
05-29-2008, 05:39 AM
I kept waiting for an appearance by Jar Jar Binks....it would have fit in perfectly with the rest of the nonsense

Trick Loves The Kids
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
the movie is better if you don't think of it as an Indiana jones movie. also, smoke marijuana beforehand.

amyzzz
05-29-2008, 03:40 PM
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER................

The movie has a huge plot hole: We are told in the film that the Conquistadors first stole the skull. However, since Indiana has to use the skull to open the tomb that it came from, it would have been impossible for the Conquistadors to have opened the tomb to steal it in the first place.

Must try harder. B-
Perhaps there was more than one "key." We'll find out in the next installment. My daughter loved this movie because of the

aliens.

msklvr
06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Perhaps there was more than one "key." We'll find out in the next installment. My daughter loved this movie because of the

aliens.

My son liked this beacuse of the aliens, also. Now he wants to be Indiana Jones for Halloween.

I don't think there will be another movie.

KungFuJoe
06-02-2008, 10:22 AM
the movie is better if you don't think of it as an Indiana jones movie. also, smoke marijuana beforehand.

i smoked beforehand & it still sucked ass.

monetmelly
06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
i Heard that the new jones was bad. No nazi's was the main problem, and no kid from the goonies.

paulb
06-09-2008, 02:32 PM
that goonies kid sucked.... and so did Temple of Doom.... Nazis always makes a good Indiana Jones film.

twoheadedboy
06-09-2008, 04:19 PM
i hated this movie. i love indiana jones, but i didnt even consider this to be an indiana jones movie, it sucked so bad. i only liked the nuclear explosion part.. which was completely useless and pointless, but i still liked it. the aliens were stupid. the story and plot was stupid. and yes, there were a bunch of gaps in the movie. and it was so predictable and silly and ridiculous. nowhere near as good as the other ones. and i really wanted some nazis to show up. bummer.

amyzzz
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
I think I pretty much hate all the movies at this point. I still like the disney ride for the sake of nostalgia.

menikmati
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
after schindlers list, I doubt Spielberg wants to go back to Nazis.

rage patton
06-09-2008, 11:59 PM
That movie would have been a lot better if the the crystal skeletons of the aliens didn't turn into one alien and fly away. That was just fucking stupid. Other then that, I enjoyed it.

traviscanada
06-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Lets hope there is never another indy movie. I enjoyed this one, but no Shia Lebouf spin off please.

rage patton
06-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Agreed. I acually thouht Shia did a good job in this movie... but a spin off would be a really terrible idea.

Fitzcarraldo
06-14-2008, 12:22 AM

According to http://www.myspace.com/kingdomofthecrystalskull they're Botta Pocket Gophers.