PDA

View Full Version : Does scientology seem relevant to your life?

psychoc&ndy
05-07-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/81bc2f14f0

Bud Luster
05-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I have actually learned a great deal from some of their business practice and self improvement ideas. I dunno about all the fucking kooky religified shit though, and I havent checked the link you posted yet.

fatbastard
05-07-2008, 07:01 PM
http://data.blogg.de/1095900/images/southpark_scientology_stan.jpg

instinct
05-07-2008, 07:39 PM
haha.. i was in Santa Monica the other day and I saw a booth doing "Free Stress Tests" and I joking said they are probably Scientologists.. then I walked up closer and saw them selling a bunch of "Dianetics" books.. I wish I would have taken the test now that I think about it.

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 11:22 AM
where is the fuck no voting option?

paganman7
05-08-2008, 12:11 PM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/e/e0/South_Park_Scientology_grafitti.jpg

rage patton
05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh my god... that video was abso-fucking-lutely hilarious. Oh man...

BlackSwan
05-08-2008, 12:43 PM
oh wait... I though the title of this thread was going to be ... Does scientology seem like complete bullshit? and there were only going to be two options...

1. Yes
2. I don't really give a shit, but FUCK YES!

rage patton
05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
All my friends were like "You've never shrunk yourself to fit on a Giraffe's kidney then play clue?"

JClemy
05-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Thats awesome! I really wish I had taken a stress test in every city along the west coast. Cause Scientology is everywhere. Even in that acid you dropped before that sweet rave when you totally nailed that raver chick.

She was 14!

psychoc&ndy
05-11-2008, 03:30 AM
All my friends were like "You've never shrunk yourself to fit on a Giraffe's kidney then play clue?"

hahah i cant stop watching this video. "..its killing dolphins with your bare hands for their delicious pancreas's"

sbessiso
05-11-2008, 06:24 AM
scientology is fucking evil

the only reason I would ever even briefly consider it to not be satantic is because a Mr. Beck Hansen is one (and jason lee too!)

captncrzy
05-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Scientology isn't any more whacky than any other religion. Think about it.

P.S. I'm not defending Scientology. I'm bashing all organized religion.

fatbastard
05-11-2008, 07:53 AM
http://www.lermanet.com/image/scientology-is-not-religion-survey.jpg

Astrid
05-11-2008, 02:52 PM
apparently scientologists believe 9/11 was a natural disaster...

does putting your dick in a collapsed star really feel as good as fucking saturn's ring?

rage patton
05-11-2008, 02:58 PM
does putting your dick in a collapsed star really feel as good as fucking saturn's ring?

YES! What else do you want to know?

hahah i cant stop watching this video. "..its killing dolphins with your bare hands for their delicious pancreas's"

It's like mashed potatoes. But they're not mashed and they're not potatoes but...

I seriously have watched this video atleast 15 times. Have you watched this guys other videos? The HIV clinic video is fucking hilarious.

fikus222
05-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Wasn't L. Ron Hubbard quoted as saying that the real money wasn't in writing, it's in Religion ?

Wheres the beef?
06-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey come on guys. Don't knock it till you try it. Scientology has alot of good things to offer people. :rotfl

gaypalmsprings
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM
http://absentcinema.com/images/blog/cruiseophra.gif

chiapet
06-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Man, that just never gets old.

Sonicifyouwantit
06-16-2008, 03:49 PM
SCARY

MissingPerson
06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
I was at an anti-Scientology protest a while back. Some homeless dude got caught up in it, wandered into the Scientology place. We half expected him to a) Never come back out, or b) Come back out clean, sober, wearing a suit.

Disappointingly, he just wandered back out.

The Scientologists, for their part, were really, really awful.

C DUB YA
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
scientology is fucking evil

the only reason I would ever even briefly consider it to not be satantic is because a Mr. Beck Hansen is one (and jason lee too!)

and the only reason those two are scientologist is that they live in LA and have boatloads of money.

Scientology is indeed evil.

PrettyRagdoll
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM

Tom is CRAZY! But then so is Harpo

Sonicifyouwantit
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I was at an anti-Scientology protest a while back. Some homeless dude got caught up in it, wandered into the Scientology place. We half expected him to a) Never come back out, or b) Come back out clean, sober, wearing a suit.

Disappointingly, he just wandered back out.

The Scientologists, for their part, were really, really awful.

there are actually protests?

MissingPerson
06-17-2008, 07:46 AM
there are actually protests?

Plenty of them. That's why there are Scientology ads all over youtube at the minute. South Park aside, Scientology isn't some amusingly harmless little hobby. People have died.

At the protests I was at, our Scientological chums made a point of dragging their children right through the protesting crowd. They didn't have to, it just gave their photographers better pictures when it looked like we were trying to bully a bunch of kids.

Wheres the beef?
06-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Plenty of them. That's why there are Scientology ads all over youtube at the minute. South Park aside, Scientology isn't some amusingly harmless little hobby. People have died.

At the protests I was at, our Scientological chums made a point of dragging their children right through the protesting crowd. They didn't have to, it just gave their photographers better pictures when it looked like we were trying to bully a bunch of kids.

Fools. Bullying kids would be easier.

fatbastard
06-25-2008, 10:09 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/52/183181859_8c56fd7cf5.jpg?v=0

boarderwoozel3
06-26-2008, 01:57 AM
But Beck and Tom Cruez likez the scientologyz! It must be cool! Right?!?!?

*Edit* I'm drunk :( But fuck that crazy shit anyway. What right minded person could buy that nonsense?!

fatbastard
06-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Needless to say, it's not relative in my life.

MissingPerson
06-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Any Scientologists I've encountered were not Tom Cruise nutjobs. They were, almost universally, creepy in a faint and undefinable way - but they were taxi drivers, shop owners etc. Maybe that's just because we have fewer dwarf action heroes around here though.

BlackSwan
06-26-2008, 10:42 AM
:bump

BlackSwan
06-26-2008, 12:16 PM

BlackSwan
06-26-2008, 12:28 PM

NightGoat
03-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I've met Scientologists that were nice as hell, but I always keep these facts in mind when I encounter a member of the church:

1. They believe alien souls live in us and cause all of our problems, from stomach aches to death. This is oversimplified, but if you do a search for Body Thetans you'll probably find some article that'll fill you in on the history

2. They actually infiltrated the file the FBI had on them in attempts to forever erase their criminal actions from history. Look up Operation Snow White.

3. They go to great lengths to separate members from family and friends who disapprove of the church and its actions.

4. To add to #3, they own the Cult Awareness Network. The Network used to be a support hotline that attempted to help people get their friends and family out of cult organizations. Scientology bought it and has done very little to make people aware of this. The prevailing theory is that Scientology uses the hotline to gain information about members who may be influenced by their family to leave and then force them to sever ties with their family. Not sure if this is true, but it wouldn't blow me away

5. Members sign a contract tying them to the church. The contract doesn't expire for billions of years. I'm not kidding. Look up billion year contract + Scientology

6. They attempt to link psychiatry to every genocide, atrocity, and human rights abuse they can think of. Go to the Psychiatry: An Industry of Death museum in Hollywood

7. Additionally, L. Ron Hubbard was prescribed a multitude of psychiatric medication. Go figure.

8. Hubbard also was friends with Jack Parsons, who was an occultist that eventually founded JPL. Before rocket test launches, Parsons would invoke the Greek god Pan. L. Ron Hubbard also stole Parsons' wife, thus proving, yet again, L. Ron Hubbard's a prick

9. Scientologists made a point of viciously slandering the hell out of any opponents to the religion. The idea was that they would ruin the careers of all who stood in their way. Search Fair Game Policy

10. You have to pay retarded amounts of money to be a Scientologist.

11. The highest level of Scientology granted a person with immortality. L. Ron Hubbard died. For some reason people still follow the religion.

12. Scientology is anti-homosexual

fikus222
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/fishman/home.html

This is the famous Fishman Affidavit. To explain why it has become so famous, I'll give you some more information. And please take a look at the Scientology Litigation Kit, where I list the materials used for my defense and the lawsuit materials (lawsuits, plea, defense, rulings) and at postings and news about the Dutch Protest.

The Church of Scientology (or: CoS; or: Co$, as some of their opponents call it) sells its followers expensive courses which, if students study them carefully, are supposed to set them free ('clear' them). A former Scientology member, Steven Fishman, was brought before court because he committed several crimes in order to get the money to pay for these courses. Scientology urged him to get the money any which way he could. According to Fishman, they also assigned him to kill somebody, and failing that, ordered him to commit suicide. In an interview for Time Magazine, Fishman relayed those stories and blamed Scientology for his crimes. Scientology sued him for slander.

When Fishman was then brought to court, he used parts of Scientology-documents to prove he had been brainwashed by the Church. These Scientology documents thereby became public material: anybody could go to the court library and read them. The Church, fearing that its sacred secrets would be revealed, had some of their people going to the library every day to borrow these documents, thereby preventing other people (read: non-Scientologists) from reading them. Nevertheless, the Fishman Affidavit got copied (it was also available through the clerk of the court, for a mere $36.50). Somebody retrieved the affidavit via the clerk, scanned it, and posted it to the net. The Fishman Affidavit has been travelling on the Internet ever since.

Raptor Clinton
03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
The horrible irony is that the whole Xenu/Body Thetans business is stuff most Scientologists don't even know about, because it's part of going up the "bridge to total freedom" and you are told that if you find out about it before you're ready (ready as in having bought thousands upon thousands of dollars of Scientology services) you may get pneumonia and/or die. If you bring it up in any way with a Scientologist they will think (or pretend to think) that you are making up lies to make them look stupid.

BKsaysAction!
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
j0ZFow_9vsg
I fully support these guys.

BKsaysAction!
03-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Also does anybody else think Temple of Doom when they drive by the celebrity center?

Raptor Clinton
03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
For me it's usually the other way around, but hey. Same deal.

fatbastard
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Pop & Hiss
The L.A. Times music blog

Beck's show tonight will benefit Scientology-affiliated charity
06:48 PM PT, Mar 11 2009

There's been a touch of Internet controversy today about Beck's somewhat-impromptu show at the Echo tonight, first started by blogger Sketchytown, then picked up by the LA Weekly's West Coast Sound blog. Both blogs raised a flag about a charity cited on the show's promotional material, Educating Children International, which, according to the promo poster, will get the "net proceeds" of the show priced at a cool $35.

Nothing was mentioned about any connections with Scientology, and the website for the charity turns up an error message. So what's the official word from the Church of Scientology? Is Educating Children International a charity working with Beck's known (and controversial) path of spirituality?

It turns out it is.

When Pop & Hiss first contacted Scientology representative Karen Pouw, she did not recognize the charity name, but within 40 minutes or so she called back to say she had done some more investigating. She said it was part of Educating Children, a charity run by Indian Scientologist Mohammad Khalil Ullah, who has built at least three schools in South Asia, according to materials posted at the website www.educatingchildren.cc, a URL that Pouw also cited. Note the picture on the homepage of children celebrating in front of a school with a sign clearly stating "West Bengal Scientology Free School."

Pouw said about the charity, "We have volunteers there working in orphanages and getting children to school." She also stated, "I'm not speaking on behalf of Beck, but I believe his concert is in support of this charity."

When asked if Beck had a statement about the charity or tonight's show, his representative in New York declined to comment. A representative at the Echo did not answer our request for a comment.

The real question, of course, is whether Beck should've been more transparent about the show's beneficiary. If you're planning on going to the show tonight, does this change your mind or otherwise color your feelings about L.A.'s indie son?

-- Margaret Wappler