PDA

View Full Version : Philly Police - They got the beat!

TonyWonder
05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
WTF is up with this?

ioSgJXSB5_U

Blinken
05-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I thought that was great

Young blood
05-07-2008, 12:41 PM
That is routine procedure.

marooko
05-07-2008, 01:12 PM
That is routine procedure.

seriously. Philly cops dont play. they told my brother and my cousin.."if you run, ill shoot you in the back."

Heresy
05-07-2008, 01:55 PM
See....the LAPD isn't the only police dept. to get out of hand.

dorkfish
05-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Uh, 3 Philly police offers have been murdered in the last 6 months. Not killed in duty. Just randomly popped by random thugs. They're lucky that the Philly PD hasn't just decided to firebomb the poorer areas, so getting off with a gangrape beating is a blessing.

SubBass49
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
no.

marooko
05-07-2008, 04:48 PM
generally speaking, you're correct sub. Philly speaking, dork is correct.

stinkbutt
05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
http://www.unitytournorcal.com/images/lapd.jpg

The L.A.P.D. where we treat you like a king.

http://myapologies.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/king_rodney.jpg

SubBass49
05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
When you look at the history of police brutality in Philly, it's as bad as (if not worse than) the LAPD.

I'm just saying there's no excuse for it. That shit was uncalled for.

ThomThom
05-07-2008, 04:59 PM
That is fucking ridiculous.

Blinken
05-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes there is a reason behind it. I know if i was a cop and three of my fellow offices got killed recently i would be fucking pissed off. In police chases the cops adrenaline starts to go through the roof. They have all the time of the chase to think about what these guys in the car could be packing they don't know if they have a gun or knife. Then when the chase is over they just fucking explode, most departments have classes to teach the cops how not to explode at the end of a chase. But it is an even more tense time and we don't know what exactly these guys in the car are being chased for.

ThomThom
05-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes there is a reason behind it. I know if i was a cop and three of my fellow offices got killed recently i would be fucking pissed off. In police chases the cops adrenaline starts to go through the roof. They have all the time of the chase to think about what these guys in the car could be packing they don't know if they have a gun or knife. Then when the chase is over they just fucking explode, most departments have classes to teach the cops how not to explode at the end of a chase. But it is an even more tense time and we don't know what exactly these guys in the car are being chased for.

I understand what your saying but once you have verified that there are no weapons and they are on the floor waiting to be cuffed and are no longer considered a threat, you cuff them, throw them in the car (there head may hit the top of the car very hard on the way in, oops!), done deal. There is no sense in beating the living shit out of them like that. That doesn't teach anybody a lesson, especially the idiots that murdered their colleagues.

PotVsKtl
05-07-2008, 05:10 PM

Who fucking cares? I get angry at my job too, that doesn't give me a pass to start throwing monitors around the office into peoples' blank gaping maps. They dock my pay for that shit. Poor cops, they're angry.

Blinken
05-07-2008, 05:11 PM
You're right Thom, i was just saying that when the cops get pumped up on adrenaline from a chase it is hard to turn off. The went overboard yes, but i know i will think twice when running from the cops in Philly.

Blinken
05-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Who fucking cares? I get angry at my job too, that doesn't give me a pass to start throwing monitors around the office into peoples' blank gaping maps. They dock my pay for that shit. Poor cops, they're angry.

There is a big fucking difference between an office job and being cop.

marooko
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
there is a reason for it. doesnt make it ok, it was wrong. Blinken is correct about the emotional overload, that doesnt make it ok though. there is no excuse for this behavior. reason, yes. legit reason, no. but spending much time in Philly and having much family there, i know the cops lives are REALLY on the line. you can say that for any cop in any city, but in places like NY, LA, Philly, it takes on a entirely different meaning.

TonyWonder
05-07-2008, 05:49 PM

This is true; however, neither the office worker nor the cop (who is also an employee) is allowed to brazenly break policy, or for that matter commit aggravated assault and expect to keep their job (or not go to prison). A healthy society does not accept this type of behavior.

Bud Luster
05-07-2008, 06:08 PM
eh, whatever. Dont fuck around, dont get a boot in the head. Done and done.

SubBass49
05-07-2008, 07:44 PM
eh, whatever. Dont fuck around, dont get a boot in the head. Done and done.

For many people, "fucking around" consists of being the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood when bored cops are around.

Young blood
05-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Im sure they caught a beat down because they were being too black.

bug on your lip
05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
and too legit

humanoid
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM

Remember though, they chose to be cops, no one forced them into it.....they get off on that shit

bug on your lip
05-07-2008, 08:44 PM
wasn't there a movie where they were forced to be cops?

Young blood
05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
robo cop 4?

Blinken
05-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Remember though, they chose to be cops, no one forced them into it.....they get off on that shit

There are alot of reasons people choose to be cops. A number of them do it to be dickheads and go on powertrips, but there are a alot who do it actually help people.

Blinken
05-07-2008, 09:22 PM
For many people, "fucking around" consists of being the wrong color in the wrong neighborhood when bored cops are around.

Moral of the story don't run from the cops.

menikmati
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM

Doesn't matter. If you're a cop, then it's your job, and if it's your job, you're expected to do your job the way you're supposed to and were taught. Being a cop doesn't give you an excuse to feel angry and at a boiling point ready to explode on unsuspecting victims...it doesn't matter. Just like Pot said, an office worker has no right/excuse to just go crazy and start throwing things and injuring people because he is pissed off over his job...same applies to cops. They have no right to go off on people and/or objects just because their job is high stress and their angry...it's no excuse. Do your job correctly or get out.

cansei de ser sexme
05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
the only reason they did this is because they were mad that they wasted so much money on gas chasing him.

dorkfish
05-07-2008, 11:11 PM
A more apt office scenario would have been if in the process of making copies, there was a decent possibility that someone would threaten harm upon you. And the guys who deliver stuff to the building keeps deleting your work files and stealing all your candy and breaking your chair. Also, 3 of your coworkers were killed by the guy who changes out the water.

TomAz
05-07-2008, 11:22 PM
professionals should be professionals. kicking the shit out of a guy once you already have him on the ground is not professional law enforcement behavior. it's jackboot crap.

stinkbutt
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM

Just cause you're involved with a darkie doesn't make you the Al Sharpton of the board

wmgaretjax
05-07-2008, 11:43 PM
robo cop 4?

ha.

PotVsKtl
05-08-2008, 12:32 AM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jLgBtOrPaCe9wZ8l1PZwJ6DLn9tQD90GT8680

SubBass49
05-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Just cause you're involved with a darkie doesn't make you the Al Sharpton of the board

Stinkbutt...when you try to be Randy, it just comes off as fake and uninspired.

I guess all the Black people stopped & harrassed by cops for no good reason are just making shit up, huh? Like my 15 year old student who was walking to get something to eat last week and was stopped by the cops...patted down...questioned for at least 15 minutes while they ran his information...and who had done absolutely nothing wrong. But I guess it was all just a misunderstanding, right? Maybe my wife's brother being pulled over two or three times in a day for "not signalling long enough when changing lanes" or for "fitting the description of a robbery suspect" is just a misunderstanding. I'm sure it's no coincidence that he's never committed a crime in his life, and yet that happens to him all the time.

/oh, and I'm not trying to be the "Al Sharpton of the board." Al Sharpton would have found out where racists like you work, and gotten you fired by now. I could really care less.

Young blood
05-08-2008, 07:04 AM
Only black people are stopped & harassed by cops for no good reason.

SubBass49
05-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Only black people are stopped & harassed by cops for no good reason.

Why are you still talking?

marooko
05-08-2008, 07:52 AM

or being young. or wearing the wrong colors. or hanging out where you shouldnt be.

A more apt office scenario would have been if in the process of making copies, there was a decent possibility that someone would threaten harm upon you. And the guys who deliver stuff to the building keeps deleting your work files and stealing all your candy and breaking your chair. Also, 3 of your coworkers were killed by the guy who changes out the water.

i would definitely throw monitors in a situation like this.

hahaha

Stinkbutt...when you try to be Randy, it just comes off as fake and uninspired.

I guess all the Black people stopped & harrassed by cops for no good reason are just making shit up, huh? Like my 15 year old student who was walking to get something to eat last week and was stopped by the cops...patted down...questioned for at least 15 minutes while they ran his information...and who had done absolutely nothing wrong. But I guess it was all just a misunderstanding, right? Maybe my wife's brother being pulled over two or three times in a day for "not signalling long enough when changing lanes" or for "fitting the description of a robbery suspect" is just a misunderstanding. I'm sure it's no coincidence that he's never committed a crime in his life, and yet that happens to him all the time.

/oh, and I'm not trying to be the "Al Sharpton of the board." Al Sharpton would have found out where racists like you work, and gotten you fired by now. I could really care less.

lot of typing for not caring.

it happened. it was wrong. it will happen again and it will be wrong then too. not complacency, truth.

these cops are totally in the wrong though, they just pulled them out fo the car and started beating them. unless they had a brandished a weapon, this is fucked up. still a good watch though. and a lesson in Philly law. be it right or wrong.

Young blood
05-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Why are you still talking?

Why are still you jockin' my cock.

SubBass49
05-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Why are still you jockin' my cock.

Last time I checked, you were the one that shows up in every thread I post in, talking shit about my personal life...my job...my music...and my wife. SOunds like you have a man-crush, or a lack of any semblance of a life whatsoever.

marooko
05-08-2008, 08:49 AM
i just heard these guys are suspects in the recent cop shootings. ill check sources later.

SubBass49
05-08-2008, 09:34 AM
i just heard these guys are suspects in the recent cop shootings. ill check sources later.

This article doesn't mention them being the same people:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354517,00.html

SubBass49
05-08-2008, 09:36 AM
http://www.necn.com/Boston/Nation/Alleged-police-brutality-probe-continues-/1210261588.html

(NECN/ABC) - Six Philadelphia policemen may find themselves on the other side of the law. They are the targets of an investigation into the apparent beating of three suspects that was caught on videotape. The six have been removed from patrol duty. Others are also under scrutiny.

Not acceptable but understandable. That's how Philadelphia's police commissioner described this scene Monday night - 15 police officers beating 3 suspects in a 37-second frenzy of punches, kicks, and baton hits caught on tape.

To put what happened Monday night into perspective, Philadelphia's mayor says you must be aware of an incident in the city 2 days prior when Sgt Stephen Lizbinski was fatally shot by bank robbery suspects.

Police say the suspects were involved in a different shooting Monday night around ten o'clock, though no weapon has been recovered.

All three men were initially hospitalized. They remain in police custody facing aggravated assault charges. Police say the actual shooter is still at large.

ABC's Linsey Davis has the latest.

marooko
05-08-2008, 09:37 AM
i just looked. it was on the Fox Philly page. looks like the person i heard it from got it mixed up. these guys were suspect in a shooting, but not of the cops. those guys were also arrested. the 3rd and last of them this past weekend.

smoke
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM

The police can stop and talk to anyone they want. This is what is known as consensual contact. As a citizen, the only thing you are REQUIRED to do at that point is provide identification. You do not have to answer any other questions. The police CAN pat (literally pat, not search) anyone they contact. The pat down is to eliminate the threat of weapons only; they cannot seize or manipulate anything else they feel in your pockets. It is up to the citizen to know their rights, as the police will not tell you. Based on the facts that you have provided, it appears the contact was consensual and the student could have left the situation had he chosen to do so.

Failing to signal is enough probable cause to pull someone over. Fitting the description of a robbery suspect is also probable cause to pull someone over. The police have no idea that your brother in law has never committed a crime, so it is unfair to use that as an argument against them.

The U.S. Supreme Court has been very clear on what the police can and cannot do. Both of the issues you have raised have been clarified by the Court and thus have become common law in this country. Both situations you have described are completely legal in regards to police power.

This is not to say that racial profiling does not exist, because certainly it does. However, based on what you have given us as facts, it is not clear that race was the only reason your colleagues were contacted by the police.

stinkbutt
05-09-2008, 05:49 PM

I wasn't aware that someone personal beliefs can get them fired, I'm pretty sure that would be discrimination. I have the right to hold any opinion I want. It's liberal assholes like you that think you're helping the country, but doing just as good of a job at destroying it as the right wing that you condemn.

TonyWonder
05-09-2008, 06:12 PM
It's liberal assholes like you that think you're helping the country, but doing just as good of a job at destroying it as the right wing that you condemn.

Seems like right-wingers are doing a much more effective job of destroying America than liberal assholes...maybe not, I don't know.

SubBass49
05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I wasn't aware that someone personal beliefs can get them fired, I'm pretty sure that would be discrimination. I have the right to hold any opinion I want. It's liberal assholes like you that think you're helping the country, but doing just as good of a job at destroying it as the right wing that you condemn.

It was a rhetorical point. If you want me to go into details about how Sharpton would have found out where he works, notified his boss of his racist beliefs, organized a boycott/protest, etc. I could have...honestly I assumed you were smart enough to figure out the whole chain of events. Guess I was wrong. He wouldn't be fired for his beliefs, he'd be fired for his presence bringing about negative attention and being bad for business. It's the same shit right-wingers do when they disagree with something. Like if a teacher professes liberal beliefs in a classroom, or shows a film they don't like...they organize and get the teacher fired or suspended. So don't pretend like it's just a liberal thing.

Anyway...I'd rather be an asshole with a cause than just a plain old asshole for no apparent reason like some people on here.

Have a nice day! :)

PotVsKtl
05-09-2008, 07:53 PM
The police can stop and talk to anyone they want. This is what is known as consensual contact. As a citizen, the only thing you are REQUIRED to do at that point is provide identification.

Wrong.

marooko
05-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Seems like right-wingers are doing a much more effective job of destroying America than liberal assholes...maybe not, I don't know.

its easy to point the finger.

theburiedlife
05-09-2008, 08:03 PM
The police can stop and talk to anyone they want. This is what is known as consensual contact. As a citizen, the only thing you are REQUIRED to do at that point is provide identification.

Reasonable suspicion is what I'm thinking you trying to say, and it isn't supposed to automatically applied to everyone a police spots.They aren't given a "pat" on every stop they conduct either, thats illegal.

Failing to signal is enough probable cause to pull someone over. Fitting the description of a robbery suspect is also probable cause to pull someone over. The police have no idea that your brother in law has never committed a crime, so it is unfair to use that as an argument against them.

Probable cause isn't established when someone doesn't blink enough. Again, an officer must establish PC after reasonable suspicion has first been verified.

TomAz
05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
next, I think we should all debate controversial topics in astrophysics.

Bud Luster
05-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Indeed Tom, the origin and sustenance of large-scale galactic magnetic fields has been a long-standing and controversial astrophysical problem. Here an alternative to the “standard” α-Ω mean field dynamo and primordial theories is pursued. The steady supply of supernovae-induced turbulence exponentiates the total field energy, providing a significant seed mean field that can be stretched linearly by shear. The observed microgauss fields would be produced primarily within one vertical diffusion time since it is only during this time that linear stretching can compete with diffusion. This approach does not invoke exponential mean field dynamo growth from the helicity α-effect but does employ turbulent diffusion, which limits the number of large-scale reversals. The approach could be of interest if the helicity effect is suppressed independently of the turbulent diffusion. This is an important but presently unresolved issue.

thelastgreatman
05-09-2008, 09:43 PM
I just looked around youtube for like 10 minutes for The Go-Gos video for We Got The Beat, and it was nowhere to be found. So go fuck yourselves, thread.

Bud Luster
05-09-2008, 09:46 PM
CR_2kKujDsc

thelastgreatman
05-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Your video is no longer available. Go fuck yourself, Bud.

Alchemy
05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Also,

The Philly Police video is not working anymore and I wanted to see it. Fuck this thread.

Bud Luster
05-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Your video is no longer available. Go fuck yourself, Bud.

edit function kicks ass.

thelastgreatman
05-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I SAID GO FUCK YOURSELF.

TonyWonder
05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
fixed

smoke
05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Wrong.

Actually right.

The only time you have to answer an officer's questions during a consensual contact, is if:

1. You are on parole or probation

or

2. They inform you that your are being detained due to a criminal investigation.

Otherwise the only thing you are REQUIRED to present is your ID. If you do not meet the above conditions, you have no obligation to answer questions. Actually let me rephrase; if you do not meet the above requirements, law enforcement cannot legally make you answer anything.

PotVsKtl
05-09-2008, 10:26 PM
You are not required to present ID for simply being on a public street. You are wrong.

BlueDevil50
05-09-2008, 11:52 PM
i'm sure those people gettin stomped weren't just petty thieves guys...who the fuck cares if the cops wanna beat some piece of shit's ass, honestly. and pleeeeeeeeease don't start up that racial bullshit. we really need to move on and stop wanting to waive the "racial flag" whenever a minority gets shit on...sometimes cops get too crazy, but most of the time it's justified.

Young blood
05-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Its justified? its never justified.

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 12:14 AM
we will NEVER really know what went down on that tape...everyone expects cops to be robots and just protect and serve and not to ever have any human instincts. cops get scared and have adreneline like the rest of us. it may look bad but, all i'm sayin is that maybe a few of you guys would think different if you were in the uniform and there. reguardless, i have no remorse for scum.

SubBass49
05-10-2008, 11:12 AM
I have no remorse for scum either, but a cop can rough a guy up without having 4 of his buddies hold him on the ground while he kicks him in the ribs and beats him with a night stick. That makes the cops involved scum too.

PotVsKtl
05-10-2008, 12:04 PM
we will NEVER really know what went down on that tape...everyone expects cops to be robots and just protect and serve and not to ever have any human instincts. cops get scared and have adreneline like the rest of us. it may look bad but, all i'm sayin is that maybe a few of you guys would think different if you were in the uniform and there. reguardless, i have no remorse for scum.

So you're a small-minded fascist. Thank for the heads up.

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Cops suck cocks.

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 02:35 PM
one day you'll need the help of law enforcement randy...it'll be funny how quick your knees will buckle and you be the one gobblin' nuts

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Pot i don't even know what side you're trying to vouche for...you just trying to "stick it to the man" or do you reeeeeally care about every person's rights.

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 02:40 PM
You're a disgusting douchebag. I hope your whole family gets raped by an assortment of ethnics.

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
you're the one that said "cops suck cocks." don't you think that's a little stereotypical and unethical?

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Nope. Nazis suck cocks too.

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 03:00 PM
wow. randy i know you like the shock factor of the things you say but even you can't compare police officers to nazis.

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I sure can. What's the big difference? One power-tripping racist cocksucker is the same as the next.

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 03:12 PM
So every cop is a power-tripping racist? gotcha...you're so confused man. i'd say 90% of cops are legit, good cops just trying to do their job. of course there will be shady cops just like ANY other job that will do the bad things and of course, that's where all the attention goes rather than a cop helping out the community. go have a conversation with a cop and you'll see, but then again he/she will probably be a good cop and know you're a shady character and then bust your precious drugs and then in your eyes, he/she is a power-tripping blah blah blah....

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm glad you see things that way. The fact that you think 90 percent of those who seek power are doing it for noble reasons is evidence enough that you're fucking clueless.

Young blood
05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/TheWalkingDude/1208268075318.jpg

Young blood
05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/TheWalkingDude/1207925930718.jpg

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm glad you see things that way. The fact that you think 90 percent of those who seek power are doing it for noble reasons is evidence enough that you're fucking clueless.

why? cuz you've talked to people and heard firsthand, or are you just going with what you hear and see. i'm going into the police academy in august and surprise, i'm not doing it to try to beat down minorities or abuse my power.

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, you certainly sound like you're not. Tell you what, after you've been a cop for a little while how about you come back here and try and tell me that there's no cocksucking going on.

BlueDevil50
05-10-2008, 04:01 PM
i've been surrounded by cops most of my life...i'm pretty sure i know the deal by now. i was also military police for the navy, and you may say it's different but there was none of that shit in there. don't get me wrong, i'm not sayin it doesn't exist, just not nearly as much as you make there out to be.

thelastgreatman
05-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Come back after you've been on the job a while.

humanoid
05-10-2008, 05:02 PM
There are alot of reasons people choose to be cops. A number of them do it to be dickheads and go on powertrips, but there are a alot who do it actually help people.

I know, I didn't mean to imply that all of them are that way, there plenty of good cops out there as well...I do have a few friends and relatives who are cops, who are intelligent, well educated people....and they definitely aren't that way....but they've also voiced quite a bit of displeasure with many of their brethren who are over enthusiastic jock types on power trips who greatly enjoy baiting people into situations, so they can utilize both their authority and nightsticks