PDA

View Full Version : Fratellis added to VirginFest Calgary

BobCaygeon
05-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Pressure from my daughter to get tix has now ramped up significantly.

http://www.virginfestival.ca/calgary/

Things sound a little more desparate for VirginFest Toronto however....

FRATELLIS ADDED TO LINE-UP
Hey there! We are pumped to let you know that Brit rockers The Fratellis are joining the Virgin Festival line-up on Saturday, June 21st. Also added to the Festival on Sunday, June 22nd are indie darlings Ladyhawk and hip-hop artist Cadence Weapon. More kick-ass acts will be announced in the coming weeks.
Check out The Fratellis, Ladyhawk and Cadence Weapon.
We'll also be back in touch soon with more info... new artists, stuff to do on-site, and how to get your band on the Virgin Festival Toronto line-up, so stay tuned.

LiveItOut
05-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Ew.......glad I'm not going.
You should convince your daughter to go to Sled Island!!!

MissingPerson
05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
If you let Chelsea Dagger into your life, you will never, ever get it out. I was at a festival last year, they were one of the first acts. For three days, regardless of the act, time of day, stage, crowd, whatever, you could hear that damn song from somebody. I never want to hear it again.

Bonus horror points if people dance to it with a gypsy kick.

suprefan
05-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow, there is a Virgin fest thread already, you didnt have to be this excited to post it.

LiveItOut
05-07-2008, 06:55 PM
If you let Chelsea Dagger into your life, you will never, ever get it out. I was at a festival last year, they were one of the first acts. For three days, regardless of the act, time of day, stage, crowd, whatever, you could hear that damn song from somebody. I never want to hear it again.

Bonus horror points if people dance to it with a gypsy kick.

When I was in Vegas last March when that song was super popular, there was a booth (I swear it was a Virgin booth actually) outside Fashion Show mall that played it over and over and over. How those retailers didn't go crazy, I'll never know.

MissingPerson
05-07-2008, 07:00 PM
It's actually a pretty good festival song, and they're a great festival band, I just learned to absolutely hate the people singing that song because they're always dicks.

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Pressure from my daughter to get tix has now ramped up significantly.

http://www.virginfestival.ca/calgary/

Things sound a little more desparate for VirginFest Toronto however....

FRATELLIS ADDED TO LINE-UP
Hey there! We are pumped to let you know that Brit rockers The Fratellis are joining the Virgin Festival line-up on Saturday, June 21st. Also added to the Festival on Sunday, June 22nd are indie darlings Ladyhawk and hip-hop artist Cadence Weapon. More kick-ass acts will be announced in the coming weeks.
Check out The Fratellis, Ladyhawk and Cadence Weapon.
We'll also be back in touch soon with more info... new artists, stuff to do on-site, and how to get your band on the Virgin Festival Toronto line-up, so stay tuned.

I see no desperation, virgin toronto sells well, this year will be no different.

C DUB YA
05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
When I was in Vegas last March when that song was super popular, there was a booth (I swear it was a Virgin booth actually) outside Fashion Show mall that played it over and over and over. How those retailers didn't go crazy, I'll never know.

I think you are refferring to the ipod commericals they have blaring on repeat (out by the strip) at Fashion Show mall.

If thats the case then the song you heard was Flathead, not Chelsea Dagger.

BobCaygeon
05-07-2008, 09:37 PM
You should convince your daughter to go to Sled Island!!!

That's on her list too. And a return to Coachella next year. They warned me this parenting thing would be expensive, but I didn't think it would be because of *this*.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
The Fratellis are really good. Good for Calgary.

LiveItOut
05-08-2008, 07:29 AM
I think you are refferring to the ipod commericals they have blaring on repeat (out by the strip) at Fashion Show mall.

If thats the case then the song you heard was Flathead, not Chelsea Dagger.

Shows how much I know about the Fratellis then! And you're right, it was the Ipod commercial...I remember that on t.v. now.

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 07:32 AM
they did play it super loud I thought

LiveItOut
05-08-2008, 07:56 AM
All I know is that if I worked at that mall I would have gone crazy. I was there for 3 days and I was already annoyed just by walking past once a day.
But I agree, it's not a bad add for Calgary. I actually hope the festival goes well and becomes a repeat.

LiveItOut
05-08-2008, 07:58 AM
That's on her list too. And a return to Coachella next year. They warned me this parenting thing would be expensive, but I didn't think it would be because of *this*.

You're great for doing this for her...I bet she'll appreciate it and have great memories for a long time! I wish my parents would have took me to concerts and such...we lived in such an isolated town that we didn't really have that option ($$$). They did take me to Trooper though, lol.

C DUB YA
05-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm betting they alternate between Calgary and Vancouver.

BobCaygeon
05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
You're great for doing this for her...I bet she'll appreciate it and have great memories for a long time! I wish my parents would have took me to concerts and such...we lived in such an isolated town that we didn't really have that option ($$$). They did take me to Trooper though, lol.

My first concert was a road trip to the CNE with my mom and some neighbours to see Chicago. Must have been around 1974 or something. I guess I'm carrying on a tradition, but I never thought of it that way.

neenerw
04-03-2010, 12:33 PM
the link doesn't work? I did a search and nothing came up. Are you positive about the dates? Cause I would definitely be into seeing the Fratellis... they are awesome.

JustSteve
04-03-2010, 12:36 PM
fuck.

gaypalmsprings
04-03-2010, 01:18 PM
The Gay Orgy's theme this year is "Virgin Fest."

BobCaygeon
04-03-2010, 04:33 PM
the link doesn't work? I did a search and nothing came up. Are you positive about the dates? Cause I would definitely be into seeing the Fratellis... they are awesome.

I'm extremely positive about the dates.

isabellabrown
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
We went to Virgin Fest just to see the Fratellis. It was FABULOUS! Who doesn't like to see a band whose music is better live than recorded? What talent! Hope to see another concert here again soon. We were there with Scottish flags, shirts and attitudes. I actually really enjoyed the majority of the first day. The Flaming Lips of course were unreal like I mentioned, I'm a big Stone Temple Pilots fan also, and plus I thought Corb Lund was also really solid.