PDA

View Full Version : I am in the LA Times Coachella coverage.

kroqken
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Yours truly, KROQ Ken, made the Coachella coverage for the Los Angeles Times. http://www.latimes.com/theguide/music/coachella/la-web-lessavyfav-frontrow-pg,0,5659659.photogallery?index=4I think I was quite sweaty at the time.

Suffacated
05-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Hollywood...

kroqken
05-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I rep the 818, not the 323 (Hollywood) or the 310 (West Hollywood).

Goodtoknow
05-05-2008, 11:08 PM
San Fernando Valley...

kroqken
05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Suffacated
05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
oh..ok.

San Fernando Valley....

kroqken
05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
FOR LIFE, 'til I die, just like Tupac's rediculous West Coast musings.

rage patton
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Man... the lead singer for Les Savy Fav is one ugly dude.

kroqken
05-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I know, he was bald, fat, hairy and gross, but he was funny and his music was at the 84% level, meaning better than Incubus but not as good as Elbow or the Futureheads.

Suffacated
05-05-2008, 11:19 PM
I can remember cruising Van Nuys Blvd. back in the late 70's.

Anything like that still go on?

kroqken
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
No one speaks English on Van Nuys Blvd north of Victory Blvd. However, the In 'N Out Burger on Van Nuys Burger in Sherman Oaks is awesome. I miss when the Sherman Oaks Galleria used to be a normal 3 story mall, not a crappy "lifestyle center."

orbit
05-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Kroqken, every time I saw you was because I was in the front. Are you always in the front? If so, do you get there really early when it's not too crowded or do you make your way front using the "excuse me, my friends are over there?"

kroqken
05-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Various methods, which I cannot disclose, but all three days I made it to the front at all the stages I attended.

Suffacated
05-05-2008, 11:35 PM
No one speaks English on Van Nuys Blvd north of Victory Blvd. However, the In 'N Out Burger on Van Nuys Burger in Sherman Oaks is awesome. I miss when the Sherman Oaks Galleria used to be a normal 3 story mall, not a crappy "lifestyle center."

Guess things have changed allot since I moved.
The Golden Mall in Burbank,
Pic Wic drive in, ice skating rink, pool,
Blue Chip Stamp on Sonora @ San Fernando Rd.

Do they still build some of the floats for the Rose parade in Burbank?

BoardsofCoachella
05-06-2008, 01:08 AM
I was quite sweaty at the time.

No Kidding, the girl behind you looks like she is smelling something funky.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Refuse73/kenado.jpg

kroqken
05-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Yeah, but that girl was not behind me directly, she looked like she was at a diagonal angle.

fatbastard
05-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Great shot Ken. That picture captures the essence of you:-)

You really got your monies worth this year. I seen you all weekend long. My apologies for not coming by and saying hi as I am also fat hairy and gross.

TheWatcher
05-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Kroqken, every time I saw you was because I was in the front. Are you always in the front? If so, do you get there really early when it's not too crowded or do you make your way front using the "excuse me, my friends are over there?"

Sometimes he just shoves his way through.

Archie Bunker
05-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Please tell me you got the number of the husky Mexican lady next to you.

She looks like a lot of fun.

iv3rdawG
05-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Sweet.

canexplain
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM

we got front row center at red rocks for the upcoming monolith festival .... guess we are lucky sometimes too ...x****

NoneForMeThanks
05-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Guess things have changed allot since I moved.
The Golden Mall in Burbank,
Pic Wic drive in, ice skating rink, pool,
Blue Chip Stamp on Sonora @ San Fernando Rd.

Do they still build some of the floats for the Rose parade in Burbank?

OMG - The Golden Mall. I remember that. I'm not a huge fan of the Burbank Town Center, but it's so much better than what it used to be.

They do still build the floats in a building under Olive Ave.

Pickwick still has bowling and the ice rink, as far as I know.

Suffacated
05-06-2008, 08:28 AM
OMG - The Golden Mall. I remember that. I'm not a huge fan of the Burbank Town Center, but it's so much better than what it used to be.

They do still build the floats in a building under Olive Ave.

Pickwick still has bowling and the ice rink, as far as I know.

I grew up in Glendale where Victory, Sonora and Riverside Dr. meet.
31 flavors has their main offices where our house once stood.
I can remember my dad taking me to the Golden Mall in the early 70's.
They had concerts there as well as at Griffith Park by the merry go round.
I played hockey at pickwick.....
Seems like such a long time ago....

disgustipated
05-06-2008, 09:46 AM

I am convinced he has found the secret front-of-stage worm hole.

faxman75
05-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I hate Kroqken. How dare he come on these message boards gloating.

kroqken
05-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I do not shove my way through crowds. I am unfailingly polite to Coachella attendees and that lady next to me I never said a word to.

kroqken
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Now, I kind of wish I practiced spitting game with that girl standing next to me in that picture, even though she was not as cute as the girls at a Kevin and Bean singles party.

TheWatcher
11-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I do not shove my way through crowds. I am unfailingly polite to Coachella attendees and that lady next to me I never said a word to.

Well, not sure how you got to the rail. (I am pretty sure that was you standing by me at the rail.) You were very polite about pushing through to the front, I have to agree. You didn't smoke, didn't drink or talk annoyingly or push anyone. I think you might have said "excuse me" or something. It's just that I waited to be able to be in front, you didn't, and there really wasn't enough room. Oh well, that is to be expected at any concert.

Cdubby
11-22-2008, 12:09 PM
what shirt are you wearing there ken?

kroqken
11-22-2008, 12:11 PM
The shirt I was wearing was a silk screen t-shirt made for me at the FIlter party. And yes, I am exceedingly polite at concerts. I just want to see my bands, not piss off the other people.

LooseAtTheZoo
11-22-2008, 02:00 PM
You look like Buggy Ding-Dong from Death to Smoochy

kroqken
11-22-2008, 08:39 PM
SOme say I look like actor Eric Begosian or actor Vincent Schiavelli, maybe even "the guy on the couch" in "Half Baked."