PDA

View Full Version : Things you'll do different next year...

fiopadp7791
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi guys.

As I was leaving the campsite at 4:30 AM Monday morning to catch my morning flight at LAX, I realized I'm not booking a flight for early Monday anymore. I knoew it was gonna be miserable leaving that early, but the trade off was the extra day in L.A. I had all of Wednesday. I think I'd rather have maybe an extra day Monday after the fest to putz around L.A., and maybe catch late Mon or early Tue flight home.

So that would be my #1 thing I'll change next year- a much later flight home on Monday morning. That and a tent canopy next year lol.

What things will you guys do different?

PassiveTheory
04-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Camp with more people, or near more people.

Bring more food.

Bring a fucking ACTUAL cooler.

More cash.

Get some ladies' numbers.

Probably not in that order.

lubita77
04-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I met the cuttest of all Coachella buys at saturday evening, but had to leave and never met him again. Next year, if I'm doing a worktrip to the fest again, I'll at least be sure to give him my cell phone.

que raiva :/

[]s!
gaía

luckyface
04-30-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm going to drive my ass to the festival so I don't get forced to leave early. Or else I will hitch a ride with someone staying the whole time.

Barbara, the ninja
04-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm going to BRING A BIG WAGON to carry all my shit.

flowbee
04-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Bring some earplugs to the Sahara

prettyenoughforyou
04-30-2008, 07:22 PM
not attempt to drive home sunday night. scary and nearly disasterous

Goodtoknow
04-30-2008, 07:23 PM
CAMP

adeline3
04-30-2008, 07:46 PM
this was my first year and i camped.... i was completely afraid of being underprepared... but i think i fared alright.

HOWEVER.... next year i'll make sure i

-bring an air mattress
-bring an actual cooler (not those fucking styrofoam things)
-bring an outdoor shade tarp
-sleep with my tent fly on so the sun doesn't turn my tent into a sauna
-bring a fannypack... or rent a locker
-stick gel insoles in my flip-flops
-smuggle more stuff into the campgrounds now that i know ways around security.
-bring a nalgene bottle.

and i'll be set.

358 more days!!!

Bortchella
04-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Uhhhhhh, NOT camp... Hello Hampton Inn. I know, I know, I'm a wuss. ;) I did it once for the experience, I don't need to do it again.

idoru
04-30-2008, 08:08 PM
- Hotel if there are just three or four of us
- Camp if we can get a larger group
- Bring some decor for the campsite
- Shade tarp
- Wagon to carry all of the camping gear

Pretty much it.

orbit
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
don't bring so many apples.

BoardsofCoachella
04-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Introduce myself to fellow board members

Cpt. Funkaho
04-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Next year I'm renting a car, because I'll be 25 and won't have to pay that bullshit fee they tack on. Of course this means I'll miss out on the Sunline bus system and its awesome assortment of resident crazies, but that's the sacrifice you make for being able to drive to the grocery store instead of walking four miles down Monroe.

Vic Viper
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Fucking WORD to your mother right there.

In '09:
-A wagon
-A canopy
-Adequate blankets (froze my ass off)
-A more friendly attitude, I'm so shy, I barely talked to any of my camp neighbors
-A fucking belt for my pants, not that I didn't think I needed one, I just forgot it

luveebunni08
04-30-2008, 08:24 PM
-bringing earplugs
-bringing water (if they still let us)
-bring in an umbrella (if they still let us)
-never again will i break in shoes the day before the festival, especially cheap wal-mart pieces of shit that fall apart. that ruined my feet for the weekend.

i think that's it. i'll probably find more stuff next year that just ergs me.

Senor Cardgage
04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Every year.

EVERY year.

I tell myself to savor it more, that eventually I will leave so drink it all in now.

Remind myself a hundred times a day at the festival.
And I try, and I think I do.

Then later on I feel like I should have done more and savored it more.

adeline3
04-30-2008, 09:04 PM
- Bring some decor for the campsite

WORD. that volcano-tiki tent in the B section was epic. i wanna get a bunch of people together next time and do something like that.

but i won't be as standoff-ish as the people in that tent... they weren't very friendly :(

slurpee
04-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Go to Vegas with that random group of people from Ireland on Monday after the festival.

prettyenoughforyou
04-30-2008, 09:11 PM
my boyfriend thought it was a joint tent from far away.... he said it was smoking.

then i said it was a volcano and i said something about dinosaurs and then he said yar and then said wait dinosaurs dont say yar... pirates do.

thought i'd share that beautiful story

goodgrl
04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
I will remember to bring a hat and sunscreen.
I completely forgot and had to hide in the sahara
for shade.

shaggyduck
04-30-2008, 09:19 PM
this was my first year and i camped.... i was completely afraid of being underprepared... but i think i fared alright.

HOWEVER.... next year i'll make sure i

-bring an air mattress
-bring an actual cooler (not those fucking styrofoam things)
-bring an outdoor shade tarp
-sleep with my tent fly on so the sun doesn't turn my tent into a sauna
-bring a fannypack... or rent a locker
-stick gel insoles in my flip-flops
-smuggle more stuff into the campgrounds now that i know ways around security.
-bring a nalgene bottle.

and i'll be set.

358 more days!!!

God, I can't wait to camp next year.

This was my first year and I stayed at a Motel 6. It was fine. Shower and all, but fuck... I never wanted to leave to grounds.... naw'mean?

prettyenoughforyou
04-30-2008, 09:20 PM
i was miserable camping but looking back... i can't wait until next year. met the chillest people ever.

obvnotmuchelse
04-30-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking about finally getting into the camping scene. VIP would be tight too.

Utopia12
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Every year.

EVERY year.

I tell myself to savor it more, that eventually I will leave so drink it all in now.

Remind myself a hundred times a day at the festival.
And I try, and I think I do.

Then later on I feel like I should have done more and savored it more.

You hit the nail on the head. So very true. I've heard some valid criticism but on balance there's nothing quite like it, so you better really enjoy it. That's exactly what I'm going to do. This year was the first time I went alone and it still kicked ass. It was also the first year I showed up before 3:00 pm and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of traffic and Austin TV on Sunday. Different, but worth watching.

irmayesca
04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm thinking about finally getting into the camping scene. VIP would be tight too.

for real

and i plan to sneak some more drugs in especially if the security is as chill.

binary solo
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
i will definitely go all 3 days and camp next year; i'm already excited.
=)

swankgd
04-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Binoculars. Can't believe I never thought of that before.

Bring both of my illicit "professional" camera lenses in instead of just the telephoto (hah, if I tried to pass my camera off as "professional" I'd get laughed at).

Look up my mary jane connections earlier. dry all weekend :(

Buy a shirt I want immediately, not wait until the end of the night to find it sold out.

Remember to bring a hat. Although I dig the one I bought. Even though everyone and their brother had the faux pork-pies, I only saw one other dude the whole weekend with the green on that I got.

Don't break my sunglasses.

Hopeless Semantic
04-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I would have to go with shoes that were already broken in...I went on Friday with brand-spankin'-fuckin-new shoes and they nearly blistered my whole weekend. I had just bought them Weds. night before we left for the house we were staying at.

I would like to do the camping thing again, but all my friends have lost their spirit of adventure...

Cdubby
04-30-2008, 10:56 PM
bring my own pot
come earlier on thursday to get a spot under a tarp
or bring my own tarp
remember to bring a pillow

orbit
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
definitely coming early on thursday.

applexcorrre
04-30-2008, 10:59 PM
-definitely not forget to pack shorts again.
-meet more people
-bring more friends

Courtney
04-30-2008, 11:20 PM
(1) Remember to take photos. This is my resolution every year, and every year I forget.

(2) Attempt to be less overwhelmed when meeting new people.

(3) Find a carrying-stuff-solution that doesn't cause my shoulder to ache at the end of the day.

femmeenfant
04-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Take pictures, wander around alone for nearly the entire festival, get a locker, and book a hotel.......like now.

rskapcat
05-01-2008, 05:38 AM
1) Not bother with trying to wear sneakers...ended up with blister #1 that way.

2) Not test how hot metal in the sun is...with my bare foot. Blister #2. I am so smart. S-M-R-T.

3) Get higher quality flip-flops. Yep, blister #3.

4) Use my saline nasal spray more. Going from humid Texas to dry desert is rough on your nose.

Other than that, things worked out pretty well. I managed to avoid any bomb-dropping in the port-a-potties, and I got smart and cut down my water consumption once the sun went down so I didn't have to use them after dark. They were frightening enough in the daytime...

sbessiso
05-01-2008, 05:46 AM
i went through all the trouble of getting a cmera and took maye 4 or 5 pictures, I need to get used to carryign around a cmera and snapping photos, other than that, a wildly successful weekend

message board meetup!

Memorial_07
05-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Don't get there so early just to get there

littleladie
05-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Most definitely visit LA AFTER Coachella...

-have absolutely no transfers once on plane, leave directly from the city
-roam the campsite a bit more and party all three nights (no matter how tired I may be)
-get a hold of more grass
-f'k the napsack... I'll need a hoodie when the sun sets
-never again forget my bathing suit in the showers
-sleeping bag is a must
-fruit in a tent... not so much.
-less clothes, more shorts
-bee repellent
-travel size shampoo (and everything) bottles
-smaller luggage
-bigger tent, more shade and think of something creative
-new camera
-go wild

SFChrissy
05-01-2008, 07:16 AM
This year was nearly perfect except my friend who I go with every year got really pissed at me for taking off by myself to be in my own world...I don't feel selfish for doing it because the festival is such an individual experience...but just before Roger Waters I got one of those nasty texts saying..."maybe next year I should go with someone who wants to share the experience"...this gave me the idea that going by myself next year would really relieve me of feeling guilty for wanting to roam solo...

And I'm really curious 'bout camping...however, I really enjoy the luxury of my cheap overpriced motel!!!

Geno_g
05-01-2008, 07:27 AM
It's been the same for the last two years, my friend and I camp, but this year we split up because of meeting up with two girls, and going our own ways, but we are camping next year again, there's no party like the Coachella after party at tent city, I sure miss those Coachella mounted police!

Shade tent worked like a charm!

shmamber
05-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Next year my only additional goal is to not oversleep and miss acts that I really wanted to see. This is the second year I've been so exhausted that I've ended up missing people that I love!

amyzzz
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Take more pictures by myself and of myself and my husband. Bring the camera with me up front if I want to be close for an artist.

stuporfly
05-01-2008, 01:11 PM
I'll think before I buy - I was so overwhelmed on the Friday, that I blew through a whole bunch of dough trying everything. By Saturday I'd settled down a bit. I spent more on Friday than on Saturday and Sunday combined.

tiffdud41
05-01-2008, 01:25 PM
This year was nearly perfect except my friend who I go with every year got really pissed at me for taking off by myself to be in my own world...I don't feel selfish for doing it because the festival is such an individual experience...but just before Roger Waters I got one of those nasty texts saying..."maybe next year I should go with someone who wants to share the experience"...this gave me the idea that going by myself next year would really relieve me of feeling guilty for wanting to roam solo...

And I'm really curious 'bout camping...however, I really enjoy the luxury of my cheap overpriced motel!!!

Ugh....I'm sooo glad I traveled with somebody that digs being alone as much as I do. I've never done a Coachella with other people--can't imagine how irritating all the compromising becomes.

anonimouse
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
unless its 120 degrees, show up earlier each of the days. both friday and saturday we didnt show up until an hour or less before sundown.

friday leave a few hours earlier to avoid insane traffic on the 91 parking lot er... freeway

go with an even number of people and make sure there is at least one who would like to stay together. i feel like i spent half the weekend looking for the other two i was with and i really dont know if i'd do that again. looking back i had a great time but many times i was thinking this is least favorite coachella i've been to. actually i still sorta think it is

make sure i'm more financially prepared for the weekend

kindablue
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
i'm going to travel with people that actually WANT to go the entire festival. No more waiting around for fools to "feel" like going. No waiting for fools to think about getting ready. I missed out on so much becuase I was at the mercy of people who drag ass.

I'm also bringing my wife next year. There were too many moments that I just needed her brand of love. I met so many nice people, but she's the one that makes me happiest.

kindablue
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Take more pictures by myself and of myself and my husband. Bring the camera with me up front if I want to be close for an artist.

yeah! I totally should have taken MORE pics. I feel kinda bad about that...

BROKENDOLL
05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Kindablue, that made my heart flutter and made me feel kindhappy. :)-

kindablue
05-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Broken... which part? The wife thing? yeah... she's 5 months pregnant and not a big fan of the heat ( we live in Oregon). hopefully next year she won't be prego, then it's ON!

fiopadp7791
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM

Don't feel guilty about it at all. This year I went alone, but 2 years ago me and a friend went together. Eventhough we went together, we saw maybe a total of 5 acts together over the 2-day fest (in '06 it was only 2 days). Do your own thing if you can't agree on who you wanna see.

Kali27
05-01-2008, 02:18 PM
my boyfriend thought it was a joint tent from far away.... he said it was smoking.

then i said it was a volcano and i said something about dinosaurs and then he said yar and then said wait dinosaurs dont say yar... pirates do.

thought i'd share that beautiful story

we thought all the smoke at first was the volcano being hotboxed but comes to find out they were a straight edge group...

Blinken
05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think i would do anything different. Everything was fucking perfect, the camping group was so much better than i could have ever hoped for. The performances were the same, every thing went great.

anonimouse
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
oh yea i forgot

bring pocket sized camera instead of this beast
http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/ff/7c/20/22593276-177x150-0-0_Canon_PowerShot_G6.jpg

rrrafe
05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
there is def a difference between taking ur time and dragging ur ass. Next yr...sneak in plenty of 151 so I dont have to buy every pretty girl a drink.

locachica73
05-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I will just listen to my own judgement and wear my flip flops. My sister was worried that my feet would hurt in flip flops so she got me some weird like open on top tennis shoes so i have support... they ended up giving me blisters and rubbing my pinky toe pretty much off... ugh.

I will sneak in more plastic bags of crown, so I can be the bartender at heart that I always tend to be and can pour more crown into cute boys mouths. YUM

Eskimo
05-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Im not bringing my kid (5 years old) next year ..he loved it and got to see a bunch of bands he loves but me and mommy want to get fucked up....

eskamo951
05-01-2008, 06:16 PM
we thought all the smoke at first was the volcano being hotboxed but comes to find out they were a straight edge group...

They were straight edge?! That explains why they seemed so self-righteous and full of themselves...

edit: I just had a double take because of this eskimo fellow above me...

fiopadp7791
05-01-2008, 07:00 PM
oh yea i forgot

bring pocket sized camera instead of this beast
http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/ff/7c/20/22593276-177x150-0-0_Canon_PowerShot_G6.jpg

I disagree... my pocket-sizer doesn't have good enough zoom. I need to get a beast with some better zoom if I'm gonna be far away and still wanna snap some shots.

eudaemonia
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I did regular camping last year and VIP this year. Next year it's time for me to do the motel, so I won't have to miss work on Thursday just to get there and settle in.

In taking pictures, don't forget to take some of me and friends (not just the acts).

If by chance my favorite rock photogs from the UK come again (unlikely), have the nerve to say "hello!"

zenidogx
05-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I don't think i would do anything different. Everything was fucking perfect, the camping group was so much better than i could have ever hoped for. The performances were the same, every thing went great.

same story here.

emtgreg
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
talking to the photogs is super rad....

this did NOT happen to me, but i saw it, a few people were talking to the photogs, and the photos were like "hey, give me your camera!" and they went up and took like awesome closeups and then came back and gave the camera back...

I did talk to a few however, and most are super freindly, especially since we could camera geek out for a few minutes...

as for thread relevance, next year? take LESS pictures, loose MORE weight, dont wear huge baggy shorts that make me look like im 300lbs, and dont wear old ass boots (thanks blisters that are just now healing..thanks)

Mugwog
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Bring More chaser for alcohol, talk to more random strangers if I go solo again, have my tent be the after party onsite dance tent for those inflicted with insomnia and cravings of a good random time.

An orgy on acid/x would be fun for the novelty of being able to check that off the list of things. While wearing Star Wars Helmets

gorazd
05-02-2008, 04:46 AM
not camp for the first time

amyzzz
05-02-2008, 05:26 AM
I will just listen to my own judgement and wear my flip flops. My sister was worried that my feet would hurt in flip flops so she got me some weird like open on top tennis shoes so i have support... they ended up giving me blisters and rubbing my pinky toe pretty much off... ugh.

I will sneak in more plastic bags of crown, so I can be the bartender at heart that I always tend to be and can pour more crown into cute boys mouths. YUM
Flip flops or sandals make your feet really dirty though. I have been wearing athletic walking shoes and knee high socks the past couple years, and I don't regret it. My feet and legs are not caked with dirt, and wen I sit down, my legs are protected from the grass. And I don't think it's that hot.

KookyFor1973
05-02-2008, 05:50 AM
-bring super warm blankets for nighttime
-not have a mini-seizure and black out during the sunday night headliner

natureboy
05-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Have a hotel or shared house to take nap at and take showers/#2 in the morning after waking up from camping.

One of those airplane inflatable neck pillows for laying out during the festival.

Since the lockers were pretty far and inconvenient perhaps a fanny pack to tote around sunblock, water & other things (or just more shorts with lots of pockets).

Nasal inhaler or spray to keep my nose less dry.

Better sleeping bag. I wasn't expecting it to get as cold as it did.

MarkO
05-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I disagree... my pocket-sizer doesn't have good enough zoom. I need to get a beast with some better zoom if I'm gonna be far away and still wanna snap some shots.

I carry my S3 everywhere. A p&s just wont do it. There again, most people haven't a fucking clue how to use their camera other than turn it on/off so for most it doesn't matter. I saw one guy on Sunday evening at sundown with his camera in macro mode. I'm sure he got some great shots with that.

jimmycrackcorn
05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
always more pictures... meet more boardies i am fairly certain i saw a few but only approached one that i was 100% sure of her identity... maybe wear something funny?

McAwesome
05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
*go alone, or find friends who actually want to be there
*better zoom
*make more friends
*actually find the orgy tent

MarkO
05-02-2008, 09:18 AM
/\ If thats you in that avatar, I'm sure they will move the tent to you.

summerkid
05-02-2008, 09:20 AM

so with you there i think i was suffering from heat exhaustion. I had to pull over because it felt like i was going to pass out. I went into a gas station and downed a big bottle of fiji water and hung out for a bit until i was ready to drive again.

amyzzz
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I might buy tickets for 2 days instead of 3 (or buy 3-day pass and sell 1 day) because 3 days is almost too much. We'll see who's there next year.

tripcalifornia
05-02-2008, 09:50 AM

After two years of swearing I would do that the next year, this year I finally did and IT WAS A GODSEND!!!!! We were able to get 2 easy ups, 2 coolers, 3 tents, groceries & water, and half of seven people's personal camping belongings in ONLY TWO TRIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! The hardest part is making sure you bring a vehicle that will fit the wagon in the first place (we had to borrow a family member's truck)

lindseyb
05-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I might buy tickets for 2 days instead of 3 (or buy 3-day pass and sell 1 day) because 3 days is almost too much. We'll see who's there next year.blasphemy!

Geno_g
05-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Meet more people to party with, I did that on sunday night and everyone was already dying down, camp in a section that's down to party all night!

Geno_g
05-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah that wagon idea is great, make sure it's a heavy duty cart with dirt wheels, it's green and has big wheels, my cart broke on me on the way in to "tent city"

algunz
05-02-2008, 10:20 AM
****take more pictures

**and not let the negativity and teasing get to me anymore . . . My husband can be a bit whiney when he gets hot and my brother has always liked to make me the brunt of his terrible humor - especially now that he knows I have almost 4,000 posts on this message board.

I left them behind and went in by myself early on Sunday, and I'm so doing that every day next year. Wandering alone made for the best 3 hours of the weekend (except for pool time with my daughter in the morning).

*Oh and . . . be more social with the boardies I meet.

BROKENDOLL
05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
If Suffacated is working it again next year, I can mentally prepare myself for goin' it alone instead of waiting or wandering around watching for him, and missing sets in the meantime. Atleast I was able to steal him away for alittle Aphex Twin on Friday.(15 minutes) and Prince on Saturday, but dammit, I missed Kraftwerk trying to meet up with his ass! (Ended up having to purchase their 2DVD set to make up for that!) I kidnapped him Sunday and held him hostage in the Sahara tent from Deadmaus to Danny Tenaglia, and then it was all about finding our spot for Waters. He had to work right after, but hey...Justice was near the exit he went out...Need I say more?

Kali27
05-02-2008, 11:20 AM
socks or slippers for nighttime...

other than that, I hope the universe makes next year work as perfectly as it did this year... but, then again, it always does...

amyzzz
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
****take more pictures

**and not let the negativity and teasing get to me anymore . . . My husband can be a bit whiney when he gets hot and my brother has always liked to make me the brunt of his terrible humor - especially now that he knows I have almost 4,000 posts on this message board.

I left them behind and went in by myself early on Sunday, and I'm so doing that every day next year. Wandering alone made for the best 3 hours of the weekend (except for pool time with my daughter in the morning).

*Oh and . . . be more social with the boardies I meet.
^5 on the whiny husbands. :thu

algunz
05-02-2008, 12:35 PM
^5 on the whiny husbands. :thu

Ugh, I learned to just ditch 'em in a shady spot and go venture for short periods.

And . . . that's one criticism I have about '08. I don't think they provided enough shade considering how much more open the field felt this year.

chiapet
05-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Really? I thought there was more shade this year than last year. It may have just been that it was less crowded.

Once again this year, I am saying that next year, I'll venture around the campgrounds and talk to more people, and go in earlier to see more sets (I did that one day this year).

boredofcanada
05-02-2008, 01:01 PM
bring a way better camera.....seriously EVERYONE had digital slr's.

algunz
05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Really? I thought there was more shade this year than last year. It may have just been that it was less crowded.

I guess it was more that there was just a lot of open space where they could have incorporated more artwork or something that doubled as shade or relief (misters). Over by the tents there was shit for shade. That gold/orange thing was pretty useless for providing shade, and one of the few places to find mist was the Do Lab.

Watt up wit dat?

fiopadp7791
05-02-2008, 07:27 PM

agreed. amen. 'nuff siad.

fiopadp7791
05-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I carry my S3 everywhere. A p&s just wont do it. There again, most people haven't a fucking clue how to use their camera other than turn it on/off so for most it doesn't matter. I saw one guy on Sunday evening at sundown with his camera in macro mode. I'm sure he got some great shots with that.

I'm afraid to say that mighta been me, although I don't know what macro-mode is lol (which is the reason why I think it's me lol). All I know how to do with mine is zoom, unzoom, review pics, and turn on and off the flash lol. But on max zoom it still wasn't very good. If I buy something nicer and more advanced I'll actually learn how to use it lol.

crazzz2007
05-03-2008, 11:42 PM

i made this mistake in 05. never again.

humanoid
05-04-2008, 01:15 AM
i made this mistake in 05. never again.

yeah, I did that in 2001....it wasn't a very good idea at all

brisban
05-04-2008, 01:37 AM
definitely get in better shape for next year, that was my first time to Cali, and I didn't realize how beautiful everyone was.
Also, smuggle more booze out of the beer tents, a technique a didn't perfect until Sunday...

Astrid
05-04-2008, 02:34 AM
suck it up and bring some sort of bag type device, so i can bring a camera.

actually find shoes that don't give me blisters, so that barefoot is not my only option

have money. yeah, that would be soo fucking nice. oh man. HAVE FUCKING MONEY!!!!!!! thats my dream for next year....mmmmm.

misterpickles
05-04-2008, 04:53 PM
spend more time in the do lab

idrive1life
05-04-2008, 05:31 PM
* Attend board meet-ups (if I get invited) OR introduce myself to my "heroes/friends" of this board

* 2006 flew Friday and out of PSP Monday then 2007 flew Thursday and out of PSP Monday noon then this year flew Thursday and out of PSP Tuesday

Next year maybe fly Wednesday and out of LAX or PSP Tuesday

brisban
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Biggest mistake of '08: getting extra jalapeños on my taquitos. seemed like a good idea at the time, not so much later...

Cdubby
05-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Talk to a lot more hot girls from around the world.......I'm too good looking and cool to go to waste :pulse

idrive1life
05-04-2008, 07:06 PM
lol

PassiveTheory
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Talk to a lot more hot girls from around the world.......I'm too good looking and cool to go to waste :pulse

The only girls who wanted ANYTHING to do with me were foreign, so... Yeah. You're on the right track.

rage patton
05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
If I camp next year, I am bringing an air matress. I think camping at Coachella this year permanently fucked up my back. It was worth it, but my back is killing me.
I am really torn about whether or not I want to camp and stay in a hotel next year. A have camped twice, and I know the experience, and hotels are much more confortable. However, at the campsite you met many more people and develop more friendships. Not to mention you are literaly right beside the venue... Hmmm...

ADGZ662
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Every year I say im going to go n see the bands I wanna see but always get sucked away by friends (who have no taste of good music) Serj Tankian was a prime example this year for me. Could've been watchin who was it Aphex Twin or The Verve at that same time! u see im a local so I see many people I know (most of I dont want to see either) and they are all there just to chill or like I said watch some crappy ass bands.

humanoid
05-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I really, really want to camp again, but I got in a terrible car accident in 2005....and sleeping on the ground really doesn't work that well with my back anymore

Rauuul
05-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I defiantly need to sneak more booze into the campsite. We drank our supply Thursday night. The Texas tent did rock one night at least.
I was ready to drink Sat & Sunday night, but I had no fracking booze.

I need to bring more money next year for sure too.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 09:54 AM
rage, the air mattresses help a lot. I never used to use them but a couple of years ago I suddenly became too old and achy to sleep on the ground. Coleman sells some that are fairly inexpensive and come with battery powered pumps to inflate/deflate.

astrid, I'm embarrassed to even think it but I may use a fanny pack or some sort of pouch-on-a-belt next year. As hideous as it is, it sucks to carry a bag JUST to hold a wallet, camera and sunscreen. Every bag I've used has been a problem when dancing in a crowd.

BeeII
05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
dust mask for the walk there and back from the parking lot.

and a print out of the rules, fuckers took my guy fawkes mask on friday at the gate.

algunz
05-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Also, smuggle more booze out of the beer tents, a technique I didn't perfect until Sunday...

Are you going to share your technique?

The dust was terrible. A handkerchief will be in my bag for sure next year.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-05-2008, 11:38 AM
NOTHING!

TehFiend
05-06-2008, 05:31 PM
This was my first year so I learned a lot hehe:

- Go to the gym a lot the weeks before so my legs and feet can take the abuse
- Bring WAY more spray on sun screen
- Bring more shade!
- Bring shower shoes
- Bring more than one pair of shorts

lubita77
05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
bring less clothes for the night. I had the most freezing experience in the Chilean desert last year and figured it was better to be prepared for negative temperatures - wich means lots of warm socks, tecnology leggings for snow use and even gloves in my backpack. looking at it when I was melting because of the sun inside my tent was bizarre.

next year will bring a poncho and make space for some vodkas.

[]s!

chiapet
05-06-2008, 08:20 PM
lubita, I brought less clothes & blankets this year, because I wasn't cold at all.... this year I could not have been more cold on Thursday night. I was certain that my shaking and teeth-clattering would wake up my fellow campers. I'm bringing more warm things next year.

lubita77
05-07-2008, 06:30 AM
lubita, I brought less clothes & blankets this year, because I wasn't cold at all.... this year I could not have been more cold on Thursday night. I was certain that my shaking and teeth-clattering would wake up my fellow campers. I'm bringing more warm things next year.

warm socks are important. but, again, a bottle of vodka would help the same :)
[]s!

sapukuinvoice
05-07-2008, 08:10 AM
it was the first time i actually went to all three days...
first of all getting a closer and cheaper hotel...(meaning booking early as fuck)
getting out there early..
making my girlfriend wear comfortable shoes instead of cute sandals that well reduce your feet to become non-operational within 5 hours.....
eating more...theres nothing worse than dragging your self..tent to tent with massive hunger pains..
...not driving...should just take the amtrak there...rent a car in indio and have them drop me off at the amtrak station...
oh yeah avoiding the greek food...ewww...it was more like fal-awful

BeeII
05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
This was my first year so I learned a lot hehe:

- Go to the gym a lot the weeks before so my legs and feet can take the abuse
- Bring WAY more spray on sun screen
- Bring more shade!
- Bring shower shoes
- Bring more than one pair of shorts

i'm about as out of shape as anyone can be (and i smoke), and i managed. i don't think "training" in the gym is really necessary.

next year i'm definately using spray sunscreen, way easier.

locachica73
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Take more allergy pills and load up on vitamin C & Echinacea before hand because i got some rotten crud once I got home and have been sick for over a week. In between the partying lowering my immunities and then all the dust and people I now sound like a man from all the damn coughing and hacking.

fiopadp7791
05-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Take more allergy pills and load up on vitamin C & Echinacea before hand because i got some rotten crud once I got home and have been sick for over a week. In between the partying lowering my immunities and then all the dust and people I now sound like a man from all the damn coughing and hacking.

You too huh? I was sick for about a week after coming home too. I assumed being tired from the 'fest and getting on a dirty full airplane probably contributed greatly
-Pete

lindysindie
05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
find way better drugs way earlier so I'm not making sick during amazing shows. actually meeting up with the people we became friends with at shows.

(Amanda from Tempe if your reading this sorry! give us a call!)

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
05-12-2008, 01:29 AM
next year i'm gonna get the number of the ridiculously cute girl named kathryn i met at the sahara tent on friday. i hung out with her and her friend all weekend too, but i'm an idiot who didn't get her number.

JobMatchNow
05-12-2008, 07:59 AM
well the things ill be doing next year is going to college having me a new car and also saving a lot of money so i can get me a house and start a family

BeeII
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
well the things ill be doing next year is going to college having me a new car and also saving a lot of money so i can get me a house and start a family

stop posting this in every thread. seriously.

allyjoy
05-12-2008, 10:40 AM
:dumbo Prance & frolic... didn't do any of that this year. To be honest, I don't think I've done that anywhere, but Coach seems like the right place for it.

... and not buy as much food, we wasted so much.

BROKENDOLL
05-12-2008, 10:46 AM
:dumbo Prance & frolic... didn't do any of that this year. To be honest, I don't think I've done that anywhere, but Coach seems like the right place for it.

... and not buy as much food, we wasted so much. Awww, c'mon now...You had to have done alittle prancin' and frolickin' in that campsite! Be honest now...:)-

JustSteve
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
make grass angels...

Trailmix
05-12-2008, 12:37 PM

So true. I am going to bring both next year and if they do not let me bring in my slr i will have the point and shoot backup.

Trailmix
05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
You too huh? I was sick for about a week after coming home too. I assumed being tired from the 'fest and getting on a dirty full airplane probably contributed greatly
-Pete

ditto for me. Still not at 100%