PDA

View Full Version : Friends Who NOW Regret Missing It

Senor Cardgage
04-30-2008, 04:36 PM
I dont know if yall noticed, but our adventure last weekend has sorta become the talk of the internet. Everyone's eating their words (myself included) from last January and a whooollllle bunch of "underwhelmed"s are turning into "over"s. Turns out we really were in "the coolest place in the world"

So who has the most friends that regret missing out this year?
Friends that usually go but sat it out this year?
Friends that planned to go but backed out?

I have about 8 to 10 friends that have whined about how they wish they could have been there for it all. Which is hilarious, becuase they COULD have, but didnt.

fiopadp7791
04-30-2008, 05:23 PM
I have friends that all have a "casual" interest in going, but never pull the trigger and tag along. I went solo this year for that reason. Most seemed salty they couldn't make it. It was great the way this festival shaped up and met all expectations.

As for any of you guys that have friends that are beging party poopers and don't wanna go, ask yourself this question-
"do you want your friends to ruin your fun?"
If I decided what I was gonna do based on my friends priorities/interest, I wouldn't have come to the 'fest this year. So just because they don't wanna do something, doesn't mean it has to ruin it for you. Take a chance, stick your neck out, and go alone if you have to. You'll meet so many people in the campsite anyway, you'll forget about your friends for the weekend lol.

summerkid
04-30-2008, 11:33 PM
I have one that usu. goes who didn't this year and he kept fucking calling me every day 3 or 4 times a day. I'm like why didn't you just come?

theburiedlife
04-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Do we count in the friends who are still in denial?

summerkid
04-30-2008, 11:37 PM
yeah, he's still in denial but he finally did admit that he regrets not going saturday.

Hopeless Semantic
04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I went with my usual concert going friend and even though he's the walking wikipedia of music, he still needed to be edited because fool was on tilt after this Coachella...

Oh, and about 97% of my friends have called/text'd/emailed me wondering how it went...

sbessiso
05-01-2008, 03:49 AM
my friends wouldve gone if they had money, so im not holding it agiant them, except for my best friend, shes in one of those relationships now where they both have to do EVERYTHING together, so there was no way she was gunna come all by herself with me and he didnt want to go

their loss

littleladie
05-01-2008, 06:31 AM
my friends wouldve gone if they had money, so im not holding it agiant them, except for my best friend, shes in one of those relationships now where they both have to do EVERYTHING together, so there was no way she was gunna come all by herself with me and he didnt want to go

their loss

ahhh that sucks...

my bf is green with envy and definitely wants to come next year... shoulda woulda coulda

another friend of ours couldn't come because of her exams so I'm trying not to rub it in

invisiblerobots
05-01-2008, 06:43 AM
It really doesn't phase me that I skipped this year. I still stand by my January decision to bail on my plans for attending. Hopefully next year will be more attractive.

TheGlassPrison
05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
To be quite honest, I don't want people going to Coachella that aren't absolutely excited about being there. The first time I ever attended Coachella was sunday last year and PvD was my first EDM act ever. EVERYONE in that tent was having an absolute great time and dancing/jumping off their asses (not to mention it was packed to the brim.) This year...a bunch of electro-revival stuff with kids saying aphex twin and fatboy slim sucked while boys noize and justice WERE THE BEST EVER (justice was great but show some repsect).

I hope it sells out and sells out quick next year, because then i'll know that the people who are there really want to be there.

whynotsmile99
05-01-2008, 03:05 PM
oh ya. all my friends felt sorry they didn't make it, all promised they would go next year (as they usually do every year).

Mugwog
05-01-2008, 09:48 PM
my partner in crime is stuck in new york and she missed a damn good show from what we always check out.

HARD Summer fest we're going to be all over though and both do the burning man challenge this year. We are ready.

Guillero
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Every single of mine, shit. Not to mention half my extended family. I don't even want to say I told you so.

misterpickles
05-04-2008, 05:03 PM
i would say 90% of my friends' excuse was "the money" which i think for anyone over the age of 18 is BS. i currently work under 9 hours a week and make about 8.25 an hour with tips. i can make enough money to cover coachella in less than a month of working- make the $300 and put it away for one year. its so easy!

twoheadedboy
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I have one that usu. goes who didn't this year and he kept fucking calling me every day 3 or 4 times a day. I'm like why didn't you just come?

i love your signature
i feel for you
trust me

Bud Luster
05-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I went solo as usual, but this time when I returned home people that had never even heard the word Coachella b4 were like "oh, you were at the most epic Prince show of all time? yeah, im a dumbass and told you I couldnt, wouldnt, didnt want to go. Im a loser and you are the coolest." well it usuallly goes something like that.

BeeII
05-05-2008, 10:31 AM
EVERYONE i know wished that they were there. My boss and her boss greet me on wednesday (first day back) and go "I read Prince was fantastic in the paper."

my response:

"you have no freakin' idea." grinning ear to ear.

all of my friends were jealous of SOMETHING, portishead, roger waters, kraftwerk, prince.

and my super gay asian coworker, totally into EDM, was jealous that there were so many of his favs in the sahara. broke his heart i only saw like 2 of them.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
My friends who wanted to go are jealous but stand by their decisions not to go (because of school, money, work, whatever). I wish they'd gone but I understand that one weekend was not worth blowing grad school or a new job. I guess. :P

Sonicifyouwantit
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I gave up on people like this a long time ago...if you dont know coachella is the greatest party of the year you have your head up your ass.

BeeII
05-05-2008, 12:47 PM
My friends who wanted to go are jealous but stand by their decisions not to go (because of school, money, work, whatever). I wish they'd gone but I understand that one weekend was not worth blowing grad school or a new job. I guess. :P

i plan ahead. its not like you don't know its coming.

although some of my friends really have no money, but then again if they didn't go eat out just once a week for a year, they have enough money to go to coachella.

we did the math.

KatieLyn
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I have a friend who refused to go because the "the lineup sucked," and that he's "going to this one fest with a way better lineup," except he changes conversation or walks away whenever I ask what fest it is.

Haha.

beavington
05-05-2008, 04:36 PM
yes all the friends are saying i shouldve gone...whatever, i am jobless and have no money but i pulled it out of my ass and had fun.

No matter what I knew I would have fun...i dont know they are lame but i expect that of them and i dont even really b other asking them.

But yeah they were all whining.

BlackSteve0
05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Every year I go all my friends ask me how it was, and I tell them. Then they tell me how much they want to go. I let them know when tickets go on sale. They don't get them, then it comes around and the cycle begins again.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
Every year I go all my friends ask me how it was, and I tell them. Then they tell me how much they want to go. I let them know when tickets go on sale. They don't get them, then it comes around and the cycle begins again.

pretty much same for me, except I have one group of friends that always go...but that consists of 5 people maybe

la_soro
05-21-2008, 09:43 PM
I have about 8 to 10 friends that have whined about how they wish they could have been there for it all. Which is hilarious, becuase they COULD have, but didnt.

Don't regret not going. Not in denial. Glad I saved my money this year. Good try though.

fiopadp7791
05-22-2008, 04:39 AM
Don't regret not going. Not in denial. Glad I saved my money this year. Good try though.

Your ignorance on this matter is through the roof, but trust me, you wanna be ignorant and not believe us, because then you'd realize what you missed.

fiopadp7791
05-22-2008, 04:41 AM

This was me in '07. So going this year was 2 years in the making (my first and only year was '06... and had a lot of fun that year). I was only working PT, had a lot of bills, and started orientation for a new job (which i still have) the Monday morning after the 2007 'fest ended in Minneapolis. This was a group orientation that only occurs like once every couple of months, so cancelling meant being broke 2 months longer. Also tickets were supposedly sold out. So for financial, logistical, and practical reasons, I couldn't go in 2007. I STILL SHOULD'VE, AND HAVE BEEN KINCKING MYSELF SINCE.

humanoid
05-22-2008, 08:38 AM
anyone who still hasn't gone, that has been old enough and could afford it, just doesn't deserve to go...if you're not old enough, or can't afford it, that's a different story...but after 9 years of wonderful Coachella happenings, what could convince someone now?

Sigur Ros Stache
05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Being on the east coast (Atlanta) while a lot of people would like the experience its a bit more of a "vacation" than a weekend getaway. However, they are dumbasses now for not going, this was my third and I rave about it coming back every year. Already have every intent for next year and tix will be bought before lineup is announced as usual :)

send me ctrpllrs
05-22-2008, 10:49 AM

Same here. For me it has become of a game of how many people can I get to stop being stupid and actually go each year. So far each year has had a bigger group of people than the previous.

Geno_g
05-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Every year I get friends that say I'm going next year for sure, know how much tickets are, and still don't go, my best friend and I have gone two years in a row and will never miss it, still waiting to get a huge camping group together.

oftheheartofthesoul
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Most of my friends think I'm a freak show for going each year ("What is a Portishead?" one asked), but I had one who said she would have gone if she knew Sheila E. would be there.

Go figure.

boarderwoozel3
10-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I know a few who wish they went for Portishead :D