PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

illFigure90
02-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I just found out today that my senior prom is the same weekend as Coachella. I already bought the 3-day passes and I don't know what to do. Both events are once in a lifetime opportunities for me. Let me know what you people think would be the right choice.

Ocanada
02-02-2007, 04:56 PM
if your hot i think u should go to coachella, if not maybe your prom.
Just kidding, you can go to coachella next year, your prom is once in a lifetime, its a no brainer

amyzzz
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I skipped my prom.

Rezzo
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
forget prom

illFigure90
02-02-2007, 04:58 PM
my all time favorite band is RATM so I would probably never get another chance to see them.

Rezzo
02-02-2007, 04:59 PM
my all time favorite band is RATM so I would probably never get another chance to see them.

than fuck prom

R3d Snapper
02-02-2007, 05:04 PM
fuck prom, take your date to coachella, they'll thank you for it

Balthazar B
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Prom...

haven't you seen enough of them on the telly ?

rampaige
02-02-2007, 05:12 PM
I didn't go to my senior prom. Everyone told me I would regret it, but 8 years later I have never given it a second thought (until now.)

You can go to prom, then spend the evening hoping that so and so's older brother's cousin comes through with the liquor. Or spend it holding up your best friend's hair while she ralphs her guts out from too many shots of Heaven Hill.

Or you can spend it in the middle of a green grassy field, surrounded by palm trees, warm sunshine on your face, with kick ass music coming from several stages.

Are any friends coming with you? I think that would make the difference. That way when you get back and everyone's all "blah blah blah prom was so great" you'll have someone to relive Coachella memories with.

You'll always have graduation night with your friends.

dontfeedthebird
02-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Go to prom. RATM will tour.

illFigure90
02-02-2007, 05:17 PM
I didn't go to my senior prom. Everyone told me I would regret it, but 8 years later I have never given it a second thought (until now.)

You can go to prom, then spend the evening hoping that so and so's older brother's cousin comes through with the liquor. Or spend it holding up your best friend's hair while she ralphs her guts out from too many shots of Heaven Hill.

Or you can spend it in the middle of a green grassy field, surrounded by palm trees, warm sunshine on your face, with kick ass music coming from several stages.

Are any friends coming with you? I think that would make the difference. That way when you get back and everyone's all "blah blah blah prom was so great" you'll have someone to relive Coachella memories with.

You'll always have graduation night with your friends.

those are some good points, i am going with my two brothers(1 is 21 and the other is 14) i will definitely think about what you said. im going to have to sleep on it for a couple of days...

desphrs
02-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Proms are TEH OVERRATED.

deadguy
02-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Go to prom. RATM will tour.

This is what one of my friends said last year about Daft Punk.

Then they didn't tour and they had an awesome Coachella show. I did catch their set, just not the whole thing :(

gaypalmsprings
02-02-2007, 06:17 PM
take yer prom date to coachella

rubsITallAWAY
02-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Is your prom ALL weekend? Do you live close by? Can you do both???

fortheleaves
02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Me and my buddy have the same problem. Coachella is the same weekend as prom. It was a tough decision, Im single so I decided to go to Coachella. Hes not and his girlfriend is pissed. But in the end, he said hes going to coachella even if she breaks up wth him. So many bands that we love are playing Coachella. we would be fools to miss it. When your older and have kids and they asked you how you ended your senior year, dont be the person to say you did what everyone else in your school did, be the one that says that you were seeing some of the greatest bands ever (cough cough RHCP, RATM)
while all the other guys were emptying there wallets on their dates that they probably will never see again next year. Make your kids proud...

psychic friend
02-02-2007, 07:37 PM
well said. the chances that you will still be with your prom date in 3 years is so so small, the chances you end up with your prom date for life is even smaller. Follow your mind on this one.

vinylmartyr
02-02-2007, 07:38 PM
wear a prom dress to coachella

suprefan
02-02-2007, 07:41 PM
take yer prom date to coachella

Go to Coachella with your Prom clothes on!!! srsly...... Air at Sunset on Sunday, oh the possibilites...

desphrs
02-02-2007, 07:43 PM
suprefan and vinylmartyr win the Internet.

bmack86
02-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Prom is boring.
Coachella is fun.

I enjoy fun.
Therefore, I enjoy coachella.
Syllogism

Quentin
02-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Coachella will have better music then your prom will offer.

Also, Coachella is three days, prom is one night.

RifleEyes
02-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Bwaha. Coachella with a prom dress XD

But seriously. Coachella > Prom.

tessalasset
02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
this isnt even a question. if you can afford coachella, go to coachella. end of story.

i skipped my senior prom to intern at a newspaper in boston and have never ever regretted it. i will never forget that month in boston, but i've managed to forget every dance i ever went to in high school.

vinylmartyr
02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
You should get a free churro or a slice of spicy pizza if you dress like your going to prom at Coachella

smilingdownward
02-02-2007, 09:45 PM
proms are overrated. you spend loads of $$ on a dress, dinner, flowers, limo and what ever else you buy for prom, all for 2-3 hrs of highschool hell. wouldnt you rather spend that money on coachella tickets? if i had the option of prom vs coachella when i was 18, i would have picked coachella hands down.

Proadict
02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Prom is a classical music Festival?

Proadict
02-02-2007, 09:48 PM
i thanks wikipedia, prom is a dance or something like taht, sorry

jerpar24
02-02-2007, 09:50 PM
COACHELLA

woogie846
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I say go to the Prom (saturday), and drive up on Sunday for Rage. Hopefully you'll have enough energy.

airguitarvet
02-02-2007, 10:41 PM
FUCK PROM!

beautiful nemesis
02-02-2007, 11:04 PM
wear a prom dress to coachella

i second this! that would be awesome! Coachella would be the best prom ever. =)

JClemy
02-02-2007, 11:20 PM
If you can go to both do both. Prom is super fun but this should be too. Just bring a sign or get a picture made saying "I'm missing my prom for this" and everyone will treat you super nice(I'm sure they would anyways)

fortheleaves
02-03-2007, 06:33 AM
You wont be able to go just on sunday, all the single day passes are sold out.
If your thinking about marrying the girl that your going with to prom, then you have a dilemma, if not, Coachella will change any regrets you ever had about not going to prom. COACHELLA!!!
Prom = 1 girl
Coachella = So many it will make your head spin.

in rage we trust
02-03-2007, 06:56 AM
if rage is your fav band, then why even had this discussion? fuck prom. prom is overrated, and boring..

roberto73
02-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Coachella = amazing music, fantastic people, a life-changing experience every year.

Prom = bad techno and people simulating anal sex on the dance floor.

What's the dilemma again?

KenMixtape
02-03-2007, 08:29 AM
I'm not sure what you'd expect asking a Coachella message board if you should go to Coachella.
Prom was the biggest non-event in my life, but then again for me it was a last ditch effort to date girls instead of being gay (this was 1987). I never dated her again after that miserably boring night. They had a shitty band that played cover songs, one of which was "fight for your right to party" by the Beastie Boys.
If you miss Coachella it will only shorten the duration of your relationship, as you will always be bitter with her over missing Coachella to go to some archaic boring high school ritual.

amyzzz
02-03-2007, 08:44 AM
At prom, you can bond with your friends.
At Coachella you can bond with people from all over the world listening to great music.

captncrzy
02-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm almost 33 and I didn't go to my prom-I've never even regretted it for a second.

I dont' even talk to anyone I went to high school with anymore and haven't for years. When you go off to college you get a whole new circle of friends anyway, so why spend a boring long night dancing to crappy music with a bunch of people you'll probably never see or talk to again anyway if you have an opportunity like this?

SFChrissy
02-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Coachella is the best prom I've ever had...

Your 5 hr prom night can turn into a 3 day prom you'll never forgett!!!

Good Days Last
02-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Both. Proms were fun. Wasn't even the one girl that I was singled off with.
We'd grab a whole group of friends and their dates, and it was just one big party all night.

Do the same with Coachella.

KYSER*HENDRIX
02-08-2007, 05:59 AM
Fail every test until prom, dont do any home work. Get left back then you can go to prom next year and coachella this year. Problem solved.

DR.PHIL

SheriNOIR
02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
Bring the prom to coachella.
I never went to my school prom. I'll bring my best frock..

Good Days Last
02-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Fail every test until prom, dont do any home work. Get left back then you can go to prom next year and coachella this year. Problem solved.

DR.PHIL

HAHAHA. Effing brilliant.

Tomasz
02-08-2007, 06:11 AM
Bring the prom to coachella.
I never went to my school prom. I'll bring my best frock..

Your school had a prom? Crazy Northerners...

el_harderino
02-08-2007, 07:12 AM
RATM is also my favorite band but i would say if you could do both, do both. Go to your prom and even spend the extra cash on a plane ticket to make it for Rage. Milk the money out of your parents as a grad gift. Just make sure you suck back a wobbly coke before you get on the plane. It'll give you your sea legs back and keep you from joining the mile high buck club.

NOTE: using "teh" in the place of the word "the" is not acceptable and just fucking juvenile. It is spelled THE. It has been since the beggining of time.

foto_synthesis
02-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Prom = lousy music + friends who you'll never see again once you graduate. :blah

Coachella = fantastic, diverse music + thousands of potential friends who you'll remember for a lifetime.

Yes, I'm a cynic. *Takes a bow*:rolleyes

heatherxxll
02-08-2007, 07:28 AM
I went to my senior prom instead of going to see Weezer in Ď02.

Iíve regretted it ever since!

mozabilly54
02-08-2007, 07:34 AM
take your prom date to coachella

kimery08
02-08-2007, 09:02 AM
go to coachella fri, prom on sat, and coachella on sun.

done and done.