PDA

View Full Version : campground parade sat. night

adeline3
04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
who was there???

saxophones, trashcan drumming, chanting, dancing around like idiots, rushing the cops, etc. etc. etc.

fucking awesome.

idoru
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
I thought it was funny as hell. Walked around until about 4:00-4:30 just watching it all.

kreutz2112
04-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I thought it was a gay pride parade.

adeline3
04-30-2008, 11:58 AM
I thought it was funny as hell. Walked around until about 4:00-4:30 just watching it all.

just WATCHED?!?!

come on man, i was dancing on recycling bins and all you did was watch?

idoru
04-30-2008, 01:10 PM
just WATCHED?!?!

come on man, i was dancing on recycling bins and all you did was watch?

I was tired and sore as hell, I barely had the energy to walk around with it. Though my 21st was that Sunday (and technically-speaking the parade was Sunday morning), and I was half-tempted to run into the middle of the crowd, shout that, and see what happened.

Kinda disappointed that I didn't. :(

chiapet
04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
saxophones? how did i miss that?

I only heard about the drug sniffing horses.

adeline3
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
I was tired and sore as hell, I barely had the energy to walk around with it. Though my 21st was that Sunday (and technically-speaking the parade was Sunday morning), and I was half-tempted to run into the middle of the crowd, shout that, and see what happened.

Kinda disappointed that I didn't. :(

you should have!!! i would have given you drugs :).

adeline3
04-30-2008, 01:17 PM
saxophones? how did i miss that?

I only heard about the drug sniffing horses.

yeah it was only one guy and it made sporatic appearances.... but when it was out we were jamming around with it.

the main sources of music were trashcan drums and drunken chanting.

Bortchella
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM
About how many people were there? It sounded like a small army...

beavington
04-30-2008, 09:51 PM
xanax does wonderful things to you when you need sleep.

leo01g
04-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I did not hear it and it went right by our tent.

adeline3
04-30-2008, 10:01 PM
About how many people were there? It sounded like a small army...

i have no idea.... but it was pretty substantial. more than 100 i think... maybe 200 at its peak?

donthasselthehof
05-01-2008, 12:39 AM
I tried to start the "bring us prince" chant until someone asked what we would do with him and i couldnt think of a good answer, also the guy yelling "get out of here! your ruining the neighborhood!" made me laugh. Was i the only one who wanted to ride the pirate ship we were passing around?

Bean924
05-01-2008, 01:25 PM
The parade was the highlight of the festival for me! It all finished up at like 7 in the morning when we were all singing 'you are my sunshine'. The security came over and told us we had done well to last until morning. There must have been only like 20 of us left by the end. That's why I come from Scotland for the festival. Cracking stuff.

littleladie
05-01-2008, 01:31 PM
anyone have vid footage of the madness?

we stayed up all night on friday so I passed out without hearing a thing on sat... according to the Aussie girl standing next to me at RW she heard some noises, something to the effect of "rrrrah... rrrrahhh" she thought someone was puking their guts out until she turned around and saw two guards jumping on some guy going "RAHHHH" pretending to be a f'n lion! haha

whynotsmile99
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
yes! saturday was one of the greatest days ive had in my life. That parade was such a blast. I went crazy. I have some good video, but been a lazy bastard to upload it to youtube. Tonight, I promise.

littleladie
05-02-2008, 08:27 AM
yes! saturday was one of the greatest days ive had in my life. That parade was such a blast. I went crazy. I have some good video, but been a lazy bastard to upload it to youtube. Tonight, I promise.

brilliant! please post the link when you get to it - I wanna see this for sure

Basskitten85
05-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Glad everyone just walked by

higgybaby23
05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
The noise woke me up, and even without looking out my tent, I knew that it was a drunken parade. Glad everyone had such a blast, I was too knackered to join the fun.

thedrun
05-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Ok, I had gotten back from Prince, and passed the fuck out. My friends said "dude, its sat. night, lets party" So I started to wander and found the party and drum circle. Holy crap, that was soooo much fun! I lasted until about 3:30am and then passed out again in my tent fully clothed.

I got pics, but I have to re-size them. (its 8am on sunday, i need coffee first)

coldstart
05-04-2008, 08:51 AM
That night was hilarious. Especially when the cops tried to break it up and all of a sudden about 20 American flags were passed out in the crowd. That changed the dynamics of everything since now we were the patriots on the same side as the cops lol! Very nice touch whoever brought those. They couldn't touch us.

allyjoy
05-04-2008, 04:24 PM
The parade was pretty entertaining. Our camp group was up until sunrise so we couldn't complain about the noise. I feel a little bad about the people sleeping though.

HEADSTRUCK
05-04-2008, 04:32 PM
i walked with for a bit.....was fun

Geno_g
05-04-2008, 04:32 PM
I fell asleep through it all, but I guess during the parade it stopped by my tent, but I was so tired, I tried to start the same thing on sunday night but everyone was pooped, and we played kickball and got the ball stolen from the cops. Funny thing is it was one of those exercise ball and I told that fat cop he could use it for sit ups, he had no reply.

idrive1life
05-04-2008, 07:06 PM
My earplugs worked. I missed it. *Good!*

stinkbutt
05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
My favorite part was when some dumbass was spinning the pirate ship above his head like he was Ric Flair about to suplex it, he sure showed that inflatable toy.

livethechoice
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
That was fun. I got a few great reactions telling people that Prince was there. Kind of a douchey thing to do, but a few girls starting screaming and ran through the crowd trying to get to where I said he was. Priceless entertainment. But karma's a bitch and I lost my brand new sunglasses and a lot of drugs that night. Serves me right for being a douche.

alpez03
05-08-2008, 04:33 AM
I post a video on youtube under coachella campground sat night, it's dark most of the time but I guess some of you could distinguish at some point there, I don't know, post ur comments :)

whynotsmile99
05-08-2008, 08:25 AM
whats a good upload to the internet site besides youtube? i have some good coachella video, but haven't been ablet o get it on the internet yet. youtube hasn't been working for me

Daft Fro
05-08-2008, 08:25 AM
My neighbors and I got the party train started, whilst rocking "Da Funk" on my ghetto blaster.

Then it snowballed into the afterparty. What an awesome night.

Geno_g
05-08-2008, 08:36 AM
I heard someone walking around with a ghettoblaster playing Aphex Twin - didgeridoo

whynotsmile99
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM
daft that was great. i started walking with some guy just to check out the campground and see if there were any parties going on. soon this little parade of maybe 30-50 people overtook us and we stuck with it till about quarter to 5. so much fun. it got huge

what time did you guys start it? we caught on at 2

faxman75
05-08-2008, 09:04 AM
The parade was the highlight of the festival for me! It all finished up at like 7 in the morning when we were all singing 'you are my sunshine'. The security came over and told us we had done well to last until morning. There must have been only like 20 of us left by the end. That's why I come from Scotland for the festival. Cracking stuff.

If that was the highlite of the festival for you, please don't come again. Thank you.

100+ artists and the highlight was people banging on recycling bins.....awesome.

M Sparks
05-08-2008, 09:04 AM
That was fun. I got a few great reactions telling people that Prince was there. Kind of a douchey thing to do

That's funny, because in my sleepy deliriousness...when I heard the noise, my brain said "I guess Prince moved the party out here cause of the noise curfew." I had left around 12:15, and "Let's Go Crazy" was playing when I fell asleep, so for all I knew, he never stopped playing.

johnnypolite
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
That night was fun. I gotta go find the pics my friend took.

Daft Fro
05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
daft that was great. i started walking with some guy just to check out the campground and see if there were any parties going on. soon this little parade of maybe 30-50 people overtook us and we stuck with it till about quarter to 5. so much fun. it got huge

what time did you guys start it? we caught on at 2

Hmm, maybe 1:30 or so, not sure lol.

Rockstarboy37
07-28-2008, 02:33 AM
Daft Fro Is that you Alex? It's me Levi. I remember saturday. That was my favorite night of Coachella and probably the second favorite night of my life. I remember you with boom box and everything. does anybody have any pictures or videos. I'd love to see some of them. that was the craziest night I wish i would've stayed longer. Sounded like it got even better after i left.

gaypalmsprings
07-28-2008, 06:54 AM
I thought it was a gay pride parade.

damn, I missed it

oftheheartofthesoul
11-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Never. Again.

rage patton
11-13-2008, 10:46 PM
I slept throught it all. But my girlfriend was woken up by it a couple times and she wasnt to happy when she woke up.

DrDank551
11-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh god, you should have heard the security detail on their walkies "you wouldnt believe what there doing now!!! They're banging on trash cans and shit" One security guy was yelling at another security officer, "whats the protocol for this, we cant have em doing this all night", the security personnel I thought for sure were going to lose it and start getting physical, but they kept their peace, lets get this parade riled up for '09.....WOO!!!!!! HOO!!!

HEADSTRUCK
11-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I will def jump in again this year.....

karecares
11-15-2008, 07:59 PM
the problem with taking video was that it was so dark, i tried. this years version we need to find a way to include lighting so that video can properly be taken. somebody go work on that (or not)

note to all campers bring ear plugs and sleep with them, it will inevitably occur in 09

ohgreatitsryan
01-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I remember this whole procession stopped right outside my tent and tried to get us to join. We were in the giant blue tarp and they spent a good 15 minutes trying to get us to march. Or so it seemed. We were drunk and sleepy.

hailtothetheif83
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Saturday night was the only night I passed out early... I was pissed when I woke up and my neighbors were talking about it. Sucks too nothing big went on on Sunday since they brought in more mounted police to patrol the campsite

ohgreatitsryan
01-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I wish I hadn't slept saturday night too. Though thursday and friday night were pretty insane.

jaysocal
01-21-2009, 09:38 PM
My friends told me about this "parade" -- and, I guess it went right behind my tent...but, apparently, Ambien does not let you enjoy 3am parades....oh well!

Edmontonian
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
We should get the Flaming Lips to host the parade.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2thsTkUNMAk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2thsTkUNMAk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

adeline3
01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
definitely has to happen again this year. AND it has to be better documented.... i missed the chance to get a picture of myself dancing on trashcans in my underwear.

piecechief
02-10-2009, 10:42 PM
So much fun,just started walking around and eventually turned into a huge mob which met up with other mobs then randomly stopping to play drums on trash cans, crowd surfing, and chanting stupid shit like "five dollar footloooooong!" hahaha stayed out till 4 in the morrrrning.

Shooters08
02-10-2009, 11:08 PM
anyone have vid footage of the madness?

we stayed up all night on friday so I passed out without hearing a thing on sat... according to the Aussie girl standing next to me at RW she heard some noises, something to the effect of "rrrrah... rrrrahhh" she thought someone was puking their guts out until she turned around and saw two guards jumping on some guy going "RAHHHH" pretending to be a f'n lion! haha

That's some funny shit ^. The American flags were sweet. My buddy pierced one of the inflatable balls with the stick on the flag. The greatest part about it is that the security and cops thought it was gonna be like '07 and we were just having a good time. GV needs to tell their security to relax.

involvelemons
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
DUDE, IT WAAASSS A GAY PRIDE PARADE!!

adeline3
02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
DUDE, IT WAAASSS A GAY PRIDE PARADE!!

no.

at least it wasn't by the time we were done.

Tijuana
02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
^^^

Mamacita.

adeline3
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
^^^

Mamacita.

que?

Tijuana
02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
You're a MAMACITA.