PDA

View Full Version : In Rainbows Release - a one off?

C DUB YA
04-30-2008, 06:37 AM
(from NME)

Radiohead won't repeat 'In Rainbows' release

Radiohead have said that they won't let fans can choose how much to pay to download their new album, like they did with their most recent record 'In Rainbows'.

Frontman Thom Yorke told Hollywood Reporter that the release style was a "one-off", hinting that future Radiohead would be released in a more traditional way.

"I think it [letting fans choose how much to pay] was a one-off response to a particular situation," he said. "It was one of those things where we were in the position of everyone asking us what we were going to do.

"I don't think it would have the same significance now anyway, if we chose to give something away again. It was a moment in time."

fober
04-30-2008, 08:03 AM
i.e., motherfucker we gots to get paid! fuck reznor!

MarkO
04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I gotta eat!

C DUB YA
04-30-2008, 09:50 AM
if the huge numbers of cheapos that paid ZERO for it weren't as high... might have been a different outcome, point is, people steal music, esp when it's all legal like.

that didn't make sense.

ThomThom
04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
PAGING MR. NIPPLES PAGING MR.NIPPLES AL BUNDY PICTURE ASAP AL BUNDY PICTURE ASAP

TomAz
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I still have buyer's remorse for getting the box. I mean I love the album and all, but the bonus disk isn't all that great, I don't need the vinyl, and Ihaven't looked at the artbook since the day it arrived.

Sexecutioner
04-30-2008, 11:54 AM
I still have buyer's remorse for getting the box. I mean I love the album and all, but the bonus disk isn't all that great, I don't need the vinyl, and I haven't looked at the artbook since the day it arrived.

i could have told you that before you bought it. what did you think was going to happen? you would look at that shit everyday? and listen to the vinyl every time cuz "it sounds so much better"? its pretty much just a collectors item, meant to sit on a shelf just so a fan can say "i have the boxset".

amyzzz
04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I think it's purdy.

ThomThom
04-30-2008, 01:05 PM
its pretty much just a collectors item, meant to sit on a shelf just so a fan can say "i have the boxset".

You got it dead on... Did I mention that "i have the boxset"?

suprefan
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
I have a box set.