PDA

View Full Version : I was listening to the Clash today... (Fantasy Wishlist Topic)

PassiveTheory
04-29-2008, 06:58 PM
And I was thinking... If Joe Strummer hadn't had had that heart attack we might have witnessed the Clash headline Coachella at one point or another... And it got me to think, if the Clash had indeed headlined Coachella, and they were given an hour and fifteen minutes to play, what songs would they play?

Thoughts?

woogie846
04-29-2008, 07:13 PM
London Calling in its entirety.

AxYoung
04-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Probably some new material. Those guys were always creating new music up until their demise.

bmack86
04-29-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, according to popular rumor, they were scheduled to headline the year that Strummer died. I've heard this a few times before, but don't know how truthful it is.

AxYoung
04-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Well, according to popular rumor, they were scheduled to headline the year that Strummer died. I've heard this a few times before, but don't know how truthful it is.

Strummer wanted to get back together for the band's induction into the rock n roll hall of fame. Simonon was reluctant and by the time he was beginning to change his mind, Strummer has passed.