PDA

View Full Version : Coachella MIRACLE!!!!!!!! Thank you for returning wallet

LillieFranS
04-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Thank you to the wonderful being who returned our wallet with over a thousand dollars and plenty of goodies inside...I really believe that you will have good karma for the rest of your life...you saved ours....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...
This wasn't the first time this happened to us at coachella...we lost our purse last year and it was returned with everything in it...there must be some crazy good karma force field around us....thank you again you amazing person

JustSteve
04-29-2008, 02:17 PM
lesson learned? not sure if the third time will be the charm!

Geno_g
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I turned a wallet in to the lost in found on Monday, they day you pack up, it had money and they guys birth certificate from Canada, and the security guard looks at me and says what do you want me to do with it? I should have mailed it to him, I hope he gets it.

canexplain
04-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I turned a wallet in to the lost in found on Monday, they day you pack up, it had money and they guys birth certificate from Canada, and the security guard looks at me and says what do you want me to do with it? I should have mailed it to him, I hope he gets it.

i found a 1k nikon one year at yellowstone and when i went to turn it in, the ranger said, "just keep it or someone here will just take it" way to go to the dude or dudette that turned it in ... now next year, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR STUFF :) x****

Slangevar
04-29-2008, 03:03 PM
The lost & found people have always seemed cool to me. Two years ago, our friend lost her wallet, and the l&f people went through dozens of wallets before pulling hers out (still full of money and credit cards). And my boyfriend and I turned in a girl's credit card and license.

fiyahhh!
04-29-2008, 03:04 PM
losing your purse in 07 + losing your wallet in 08 = fannypack in 09

Slangevar
04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
fannypack in '09 = bad photo memories in '10 (and beyond)

artisticcreator
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Coachella is full of good Karma. We try to spread it to everyone and turn in everything we find! It makes for a great experience for all!

quicksand
04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Somebody found a phone on the ground before Pendulum played, and waved it in the air saying, "Anybody lose a phone?" I found it on the ground again 2 hours later and managed to get it back to its rightful owner after Fatboy Slim.

Also, this group of 3 (2 girls 1 guy) were walking from the parking lot to the fest behind us, and one of the girls dropped her fucking ticket. She would have been so fucked had it not been for the saint behind her that picked it up and said, "hey you dropped this".

GOOD KARMA ALL 'ROUND

anonimouse
04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
losing your purse in 07 + losing your wallet in 08 = fannypack in 09

that should be a mandatory rule. lose wallet/purse two years in a row and you are forced to wear a fanny pack. lose the fanny pack and you have to carry everything in a bucket balanced on your head. no pockets allowed!

anyway thats awesome you got your stuffs back

NoneForMeThanks
04-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Someone stole my locker key, took my stuff out, put theirs in, and put my stuff in a random locker. I thought it was stolen until one of the locker ladies (several hours later) suggested I look in one of the open lockers (mind you, they had a huge "SOLD OUT" sign out - why would I even think there were any open lockers). Anyway, I lucked out and my stuff was two lockers below in a locker that had no lock.

But, yeah, fanny pack. Or, I take an ammo pack every year. Not as geeky.

eskamo951
04-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Someone found my truck key in the camp ground(it came off my key ring somehow). I would have been screwed. Coachella has the best karma. If anyone turned in a chevy key attached to one smaller key, you fucking rock!

kindablue
04-29-2008, 11:56 PM
my friend found an ATM card and driver's license on the ground as we were leaving saturday. We found the guy like 30 feet in front of us just frozen, looking through all his pockets. My friend just walked up and said,"Is this you?" Turned out to be the right guy. we kept walking... yeah, coachella!

sin213
04-29-2008, 11:59 PM
fannypack in '09 = bad photo memories in '10 (and beyond)

LMAO!!!! Totally.

bmack86
04-30-2008, 12:10 AM
I turned in two IDs over the weekend. returning the favor, as someone did that for me in 07.

Bosco
04-30-2008, 12:21 AM
A girl exiting one of the food courts dropped her cell phone without noticing and I stopped and pointed it out to her. She kinda just gave me a weird look without saying thank you....but whatever....just returning the favor like bmack, as i lost my phone last year and had it returned.

miyuru
04-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Heh someone stole my wallet at the gym at 8 PM the night before Coachella, and my flight was 10 hours later at 6 AM. I lost all the money I had changed over to USD (I did it that same day at work).

Thankfully it all worked out but I don't think I'll ever get my wallet back. I wish they just took the money, you know?

Anyway, I found a wallet too at Coachella and returned it to the authorities.

Mikeyk1230
04-30-2008, 02:14 AM
I lost my memory cards for my Camera. A 4 gig and a 1 gig. They were full of the best pictures I ever took in my life. I lost them between stage left of Roger Waters and the Middle of the back side the Sahara Tent during Justice.

If anyone found them I will pay a big reward. I need my memories!! It hurts to loose all of it at once.
Mikeyk1230@yahoo.com if you have any info.
Thank you.

greghead
04-30-2008, 02:22 AM
Thank you to the wonderful being who returned our wallet with over a thousand dollars and plenty of goodies inside...I really believe that you will have good karma for the rest of your life...you saved ours....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...
This wasn't the first time this happened to us at coachella...we lost our purse last year and it was returned with everything in it...there must be some crazy good karma force field around us....thank you again you amazing person

Wow, lucky save. But you really had over $1,000 in cash in your wallet? At a music festival? Damn, you really like to roll the dice, don't you?

Coachellans are the best people on the planet. Stealing someone's wallet or cash would not only be morally reprehensible, and would result in karmic forces banishing you from next year's Coachella.

Rock on, returners of lost items, we salute you

Lorelei
04-30-2008, 02:29 AM
I lost my telephone, and it wasn't returned to lost and found. Mind you, it might have disappeared down a port-a-potty.

johnnystar
04-30-2008, 03:00 AM
I lost my telephone, and it wasn't returned to lost and found. Mind you, it might have disappeared down a port-a-potty.

was it a razor black phone because my friend found one but never return it dumb ass

algunz
04-30-2008, 05:35 AM
The word on the streets was that Dani was working the lost and found. That's where most of the good karma probably comes from.

canexplain
04-30-2008, 05:49 AM
The word on the streets was that Dani was working the lost and found. That's where most of the good karma probably comes from.

yea she is the best even though she let this board go wacko yesterday probably because she is being a cowgrul .... x****

Cheddar's Cousin
04-30-2008, 06:15 AM
O.k. then...Who has my black flip-flop?

Neither one of us is any good with 1 flip-flop.

Suffacated
04-30-2008, 06:45 AM
I last saw it in the Mojave..

locachica73
04-30-2008, 07:16 AM
I lost my ID, checked lost and found a few times but no luck. Hopefully someone will mail it to me. The good thing though, I had an extra so I was still able to get into the beer garden. YAY!!!

Slangevar
04-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I lost my ID, checked lost and found a few times but no luck. Hopefully someone will mail it to me. The good thing though, I had an extra so I was still able to get into the beer garden. YAY!!!

You're not Melody Gonzales, are you? That's whose ID and credit card we returned. If you are and they didn't have it, then someone needs to talk to this Dani.

adeline3
04-30-2008, 12:14 PM
i dropped my camera at the end of the prince set on saturday and someone turned it in IMMEDIATELY and i was able to pick it up at lost and found when the gates first opened on sunday.

that's fucking AWESOME.... i was worried whoever found it would turn it in at their leisure and i could have been without a camera for the majority of the day on sunday. i wish i knew who it was so i could give them a great big hug.

it's so great that coachellans are so glad to help out their fellow festival-goers. if i had lost my camera anywhere else i can assure you it would be pocketed by some punk-ass kid and sold on e-bay.

anonimouse
04-30-2008, 01:34 PM
on saturday i found a hotel keycard for someone staying at the westin, i never got around to returning it. i didn't know where lost and found was, none of the security i asked knew (sup with that?) and figured they'd have a duplicate card as most hotels give you two when you check in and worst case scenario they'd just have to ask the front desk for a new one

sunday when i was getting ready to leave the hotel i was staying at, both my keycards stopped working. coincidence?

Sonicifyouwantit
04-30-2008, 03:29 PM
This wasn't the first time

STOP IT!

EDIT: I really hope you gave them a reward as thats the proper thing to do in return

pocket
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
i found $1 bill with coke residue on it by a garbage can after prince. on sunday i saw someone trip over a plastic bag with a plastic bag in it in the dance tent and picked it up. it had weed and 4 random pills in it. i smoked it and gave the pills to rave kids as they looked like gel caps that had something weird in it. not about to take random pills, but all about smoking random weed.

judila
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
on saturday i found a hotel keycard for someone staying at the westin, i never got around to returning it. i didn't know where lost and found was, none of the security i asked knew (sup with that?) and figured they'd have a duplicate card as most hotels give you two when you check in and worst case scenario they'd just have to ask the front desk for a new one

sunday when i was getting ready to leave the hotel i was staying at, both my keycards stopped working. coincidence?

I found a Westin hotel keycard and DID turn it in on Saturday! Was the one you saw near the merch booth?

Also, my friend lost her cell phone and someone found it. They didn't turn it in but they are mailing it back to her.

Good Karma indeed.

NiceArthur32
04-30-2008, 04:52 PM
i lost my GOLD ELVIS GLASSES and a BLUE FAN MIST SPRAYER and a GRAY BANDANA!!!

anyone find them?

i returned a locker key that was stuck to a locker to the locker peeps, hopefully that good karma helps me out...

i just really want those shades back... they were only 15 bucks, but they have sentimental value...

Flipxican805
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
haha all the fannypack comments... my girlfriend gave me shit the whole entire time since i bought one and wore it all 3 days but that shit really helped me out! haha

frozen pilgrim
07-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I left my phone by the outdoor theater during devotchka.
I ran back frantically to find it tucked safely next to the belongings of a couple of pretty girls standing watching. they saw me staring at the phone in disbelief, and said "is that yours?!"
my response was something like
yesyesohmyfuckthankyouosomuchfuckingshitican'tbeli eveyousavedmyphoneyouarehtebestthankyousweetangels ohmygod"
I hugged them both and ran off.
thank you ladies! I needed that thing.
it had all my numbers for people in LA... without it, I woulda had a hard time getting back into the place I was staying :S

psychic friend
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I still have unclaimed wallets here, some still with money in them. I never understand why not at least check with lost and found.

frozen pilgrim
07-08-2008, 09:42 AM
oh man! I had a great idea
you should hold on to all of them, and then at the end of NEXT year's coachella, you can start the world's greatest lost and found policy:
if you lost your wallet and it WASN't returned, then six months after the fest, you're shipped a replacement wallet (no money or anything else, just wallets) from the lost and found extras.

it's like 50% useful, 50% karma-awesome-hilarious

SFChrissy
07-08-2008, 09:44 AM
use the money for shipping costs...

frozen pilgrim
07-08-2008, 09:50 AM
^yes!
suddenly my idiotic idea isn't as idiotic!

SFChrissy
07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Idiotic...I think your idea is rather clever and very giving!!!

frozen pilgrim
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Idiotic...I think your idea is rather clever and very giving!!!

thank you!

coachella are definitely the karma leader on the festival circuit.
this gem would full-out bump them up a caste

gaypalmsprings
07-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I still have unclaimed wallets here, some still with money in them. I never understand why not at least check with lost and found.

What did you do with the drugs?

algunz
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
What drugs!??

boarderwoozel3
07-08-2008, 11:36 PM
The guy I bought e from in the Sahara was high as a kite and decided to give me lots of free key hits of e during Fatboy Slim. Not surprisingly Fatboy's set was one of the best of the weekend in my eyes :D

Courtney
07-08-2008, 11:45 PM
oh man! I had a great idea
you should hold on to all of them, and then at the end of NEXT year's coachella, you can start the world's greatest lost and found policy:
if you lost your wallet and it WASN't returned, then six months after the fest, you're shipped a replacement wallet (no money or anything else, just wallets) from the lost and found extras.

it's like 50% useful, 50% karma-awesome-hilarious

Haha. I love this idea. Or Goldenvoice could create an art installation in the style of the Lost Mittens Project (http://www.kaleidoscopeart.com/Mitten%20main%20page.html).

shoegazer76
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Speaking of karma I hope the undercover DEA agents that brutally assaulted me (in the Coachella parking lot) after I complied with their orders get every bit of of it back 10 fold. Fuckin pigs! They did give me my wallet back though with $500 dollars which allowed me to post bail. Thanks Goldenvoice for allowing narcs to run rampant through the parking lot & campground to entrap, assault & point loaded handguns inches from festival goers' faces .

humanoid
07-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Speaking of karma I hope the undercover DEA agents that brutally assaulted me (in the Coachella parking lot) after I complied with their orders get every bit of of it back 10 fold. Fuckin pigs! They did give me my wallet back though with $500 dollars which allowed me to post bail. Thanks Goldenvoice for allowing narcs to run rampant through the parking lot & campground to entrap, assault & point loaded handguns inches from festival goers' faces .

all pigs go to hell

Coachellian
07-10-2008, 03:26 PM
i found 3 cell phones over the weekend, i called the "mom" and "dad" under contacts and they called me back, arranged to returned the phones, one individual bought me a beer, the other kids dad, called me back asked me for my address, to my surprise when i returned home, i had a nice check in my mail!

good karma!

boyalien0
07-10-2008, 09:58 PM

You had 500 bucks in your wallet? Fucking drug dealer.

amyzzz
07-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Someone needs to hand out the goodies.

Botrocker
07-11-2008, 03:22 PM

How did this happen??

Derekx
07-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I had lost my phone i think it was friday or saturday night either in the campground or the parking lot. I spent hours trying to find it. I checked the lost and found in the campground the next morning and luckily someone had turned it in. Thank you kind person who turned it in.