PDA

View Full Version : The Great Camping Debate

faxman75
04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Campers only. If you camp, do you like to party in the camping area after the show or it is right to bed? Feel free to comment about the curfew as well.

Kali27
04-29-2008, 02:16 PM
partying ended up being pretty chill and mellow this year but definitely hanging out and tripping together while on whatever everyone is on is the best... glad we didnt infringe too much on your quiet group...

thewindowliquor
04-29-2008, 02:17 PM
You gotta party for at least a couple hours. Maybe not until the horrible wicked sun comes up, but at least for a few hours.

faxman75
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
partying ended up being pretty chill and mellow this year but definitely hanging out and tripping together while on whatever everyone is on is the best... glad we didnt infringe too much on your quiet group...

Whoah I was not part of the quiet group. I was in the "solo at the polo" group aka "camp all alone". We were actually pretty loud and having a great time. There were a good 20 of us up to shannagins nightly. The earliest I ever went to bed was probably 3:30am.

:)

thewindowliquor
04-29-2008, 02:24 PM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure S@theP partied a lot harder that the Party All Weekend group. They were cool guys, but we pretty much showed them up.

Kali27
04-29-2008, 02:25 PM
oh... you guys were at the end right? With Passive Theory and such?

faxman75
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Hmm I thought passive was in the party all weekend group? We were at the end of A though. right in front of the polo field score board.

What group were you in? Party all weekend? What was your official flag by the way? Was it the Dark Side of the moon flag or a pirate flag? We want to lay down the gauntlet for next year and play a fun game of capture the flag. :)

canexplain
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
i voted for party even though we usually went back and pretty much crashed ... but i voted party because i didnt care what my neighbors did within reason ... one year we camped some dude sat in front of our tent and sang and played guitar all night .... and just a waa waa, at some fests (waka, roo) the bands play all night (hint hint) x****

Kali27
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
We were more in at "A" with the Dark Side flag... the party-all-weekend group... it was the best group of people I could've ever envisioned going to Coachella with...

MarkO
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I offsite camp and heading back to the campsite, grabbing a cold one and sitting by the logfire was nice. Real nice. We talked with the folks we met and discussed the day.

slurpee
04-29-2008, 02:49 PM
dose and redose

amyzzz
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I voted before I saw the "campers only" thing. I voted for sleep, but I got very little at my resort this year.

Geno_g
04-29-2008, 03:28 PM
After roger and justice, we went back to our campsite and drank 151 and started a game of kick ball in the corner near the venue. Mounted police stopped it real quick, and they stole our ball. But I did sleep through the whole drum circle on saturday night, while someone stole my Sharks playoff territory towel.

suprefan
04-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Get ready for the next day, then sleep. I am fine with everyone partying around me. And I guess they cracked down on it a bit sunday? My friends wanted to try and play kick ball and got denied by cops on horses.

kortnee
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
as long as it doesnt involve drunkards literally falling into my tent at 5am i dont care what they do

paulb
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Where's the "Have Sex" option?

faxman75
04-29-2008, 06:03 PM
If you are having sex, you are partying. :)

Trick Loves The Kids
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Get high, put in earplugs and pass the fuck out. My crew usually gets into Coachella at 12 or 1 and we see bands all day, after that I feel like fucking dying, and I know that no matter when I go to bed the hideous sun will wake me up at 8am anyway so I try to go to sleep as early as possible.

chiapet
04-29-2008, 06:34 PM
I voted party even though I think I was in bed by 2 or so each night :)

Geno_g
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
On sunday night I got two hours of sleep, went to bed a 4 and woke up at 6, plus my 8 hour drive home, and work at 6AM today, Im gonna crash so hard.

Stevieb164
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Run around with crazed campers singing wake up coachella and banging on trashcans. fun stuff

mvanwinkle
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I was so dead after each day I went to bed pretty early

davrone
04-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I felt old. I fell asleep each day after the show. The craziness I missed! There's always next year though.

pinguinotonto
04-29-2008, 09:03 PM
On saturday I was in my tent and asleep at 11PM. It was awesome.

Ciara Christine
04-29-2008, 09:56 PM
Whoah I was not part of the quiet group. I was in the "solo at the polo" group aka "camp all alone". We were actually pretty loud and having a great time. There were a good 20 of us up to shannagins nightly. The earliest I ever went to bed was probably 3:30am.

:)

I was part of the quiet group and the solo group partied more than the party group and the quite group combined.

I was rather impressed.

Kudos.

sin213
04-30-2008, 12:35 AM
After roger and justice, we went back to our campsite and drank 151 and started a game of kick ball in the corner near the venue. Mounted police stopped it real quick, and they stole our ball. But I did sleep through the whole drum circle on saturday night, while someone stole my Sharks playoff territory towel.

you're lucky they only took your ball and not your 151. they took an empty bottle of jagermister off us...maybe a shot left. it belonged to someone in the solo at the polo group.

i think my average bedtime was about 4am. i voted party. good times fax.

thewindowliquor
04-30-2008, 12:46 AM
I was part of the quiet group and the solo group partied more than the party group and the quite group combined.

I was rather impressed.

Kudos.

Yeah. We were debating all weekend as to whether or not we should steal the Party All Weekend flag while they were asleep. I think they finally decided not to do it, but... they deserved it.

faxman75
04-30-2008, 10:33 AM

I was rather impressed.

Kudos.

lol, I thought it was funny they placed the quiet group right next to the party group. wtf? Glad you didn't hate our noise. We were just having way too much fun. :D Many stragglers from around came to join us at times too.

faxman75
04-30-2008, 10:34 AM
We didn't even party that hard, it was just pasing and staying up late. I hear the party all weekend group try to blame drugs lol. Trust me, we were far from sober.......So much fun.

theburiedlife
04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
How you people still retain enough energy to booze up after is perplexing. I pass out right as I open my tent flap.

faxman75
04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Run around with crazed campers singing wake up coachella and banging on trashcans. fun stuff

Ugghh worst idea ever. It's one thing to be partying with the group around your area or tent but to simply be screaming for people to wake up all night long while banging on shit is absolutley rude and obnoxious. I say this a a member of one of the most fun up most of the night party groups. I just don't see the point of intentionally walking across the entire campground waking people up. Have your part if you want but try to contain to an area at least. :)

slurpee
04-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Sleep is for Monday and Tuesday.

dear_amanda
05-02-2008, 09:53 AM
I was so dead after each day I went to bed pretty early

I recognize you from your avatar (:

Also, I managed to crash pretty quickly each night. I did wake up during the drum circle but felt more inclined to sleep. Pssh

clarky123
05-07-2008, 08:02 AM

Cunts.

allyjoy
05-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah. I'm pretty sure S@theP partied a lot harder that the Party All Weekend group. They were cool guys, but we pretty much showed them up.

um... did S@theP get gov't issued glowsticks? free acid? a light show? who partied harder now? PAW may not have been loud but it kicked ass. :)

If you camp, there's really no reason not to party.

gaypalmsprings
05-24-2008, 08:55 AM
eBGIQ7ZuuiU

CitizenJ
04-15-2009, 02:11 AM
sleep, so that i may party hard the next day. dont want to be a zombie come sunday and want nothing more than to go home and sleep. that would suck.

CitizenJ
04-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Ugghh worst idea ever. It's one thing to be partying with the group around your area or tent but to simply be screaming for people to wake up all night long while banging on shit is absolutley rude and obnoxious. I say this a a member of one of the most fun up most of the night party groups. I just don't see the point of intentionally walking across the entire campground waking people up. Have your part if you want but try to contain to an area at least. :)

Thanks. good to see that the people partying all night are trying to be considerate to the sleeper. and likewise, I'm cool with people up all night, you know.. as long as they aren't banging on trash cans and nonsense like that as was mentioned by the other guy.

Would Coachella security do anything to stop that or no? dont know how tight or lax the atmosphere is there.

All Your Base
04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
What kind of group member would I be if my answer were not unequivocally

ALL WEEKEND?!?!

locachica73
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Other then the 1.5 hours it took us to find our tent last year we pretty much just smoked out and went to bed. But I have a much different plan for this year.

Mugwog
01-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Expect some "olay - olayolayolay - olay- olay" this year

DingoGonzalez
01-27-2012, 01:10 AM
i always go into the weekend wanting to party 24-7 but end up way too sleepy by 0200 each night.

BROKENDOLL
01-28-2012, 11:45 AM
I started my weekend party on Wed. Nite while packing and had full intentions of joining the Dirty Epic party on Thursday Nite after setting up our teepee. The only problem with that was Pete still had to go get Salah in LA, and by then the tequila and cupcakes were taking over and I was in no shape to wander around alone looking for Lot 5, and ended up passing out with my little teepee light show until Pete finally showed up the next morning to imform me that I ran the battery down to dead. This year I will pace myself while packing and setting up camp, so I can run amuck through the campgrounds whether or not he's there to provide adult supervision...

Neighborhood Creep
01-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Expect some "olay - olayolayolay - olay- olay" this year

These people are worst than the teen ravers

Prelude
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Australians :|

Gribbz
01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
It's actually possible to do both.

Also, the noise parade dbags are the worst. Glad they got the shit beaten out of them.

TheClares
01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
I have no problem with people partying until 3 or even 4 am, but at that point, the noise should be contained to your own area. A couple hours of quiet before the sun comes up seems like a reasonable compromise.

Cameron Frye
01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
i'm going to go into the weekend wanting to party late...but i think i'd rather more energy during the afternoon/evening

D-BO.
01-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Thursday night always ends up being one of the biggest party nights of the weekend. Def one of my favorite days every year

Ambassador of Coachella
01-30-2012, 03:30 PM
People sleep at Coachella?

Goatchella
01-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Like its 1999.

BD. I wan cupcakes that take effect. I didn't know you were the bad mother staying in a teepee

Drewbles
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Almost a 50-50 split!! C'mon partiers!!

Monday morning at work is gonna be a bitch this year.. :) But it's so worth it.

You gotta party late and socialize at least 1 or 2 nights! The people you meet are awesome! (yes, you included)

artisticcreator
01-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Party till the sun comes up!

billtino
01-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Yessir! Drinkin till the sun comes up...or at least starts to, then much like the feeling of walking out of a Vegas strip club at sunrise...i quickly begin to crash until the heat hits me. Then it's hide & go seek from the Sun all morning while napping.

Cameron Frye
02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Yessir! Drinkin till the sun comes up...or at least starts to, then much like the feeling of walking out of a Vegas strip club at sunrise...i quickly begin to crash until the heat hits me. Then it's hide & go seek from the Sun all morning while napping.

i feel like well planned power naps will be a life saver for me that weekend.

i wonder if sucking down a good amt of vitamins a few days before hand will help...keep those b vitamins high

jefferie
02-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't get why you would camp there if you need more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night. One of the main reasons I go to coachella is to take uppers and downers like I'm Elvis Presley circa 75, if you can't party into the next day and still get enough sleep then you haven't practiced enough. Between the beer, whiskey, Molly, Lucy and Xanax I have never had trouble artificially maintaining energy and inducing sleep. The key is knowing when to use what.

itsgonrain
02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I always want to party, but end up sleeping

I'll try harder this year

Gribbz
02-26-2012, 08:19 AM
I party hard at Coachella and get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.

CRAZY, I KNOW.

nyarlathotoats
02-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I don't get why you would camp there if you need more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night. One of the main reasons I go to coachella is to take uppers and downers like I'm Elvis Presley circa 75, if you can't party into the next day and still get enough sleep then you haven't practiced enough. Between the beer, whiskey, Molly, Lucy and Xanax I have never had trouble artificially maintaining energy and inducing sleep. The key is knowing when to use what.

Care to share this timed schedule you know by heart?

vertin
02-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah rage it....coachella only happens once a year!(well twice now...)...might as well party up!! stay up atleast til 3 but more like 5

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I have no problem with people partying until 3 or even 4 am, but at that point, the noise should be contained to your own area. A couple hours of quiet before the sun comes up seems like a reasonable compromise.

This.

Goatchella
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Music should stop thumping at 2am

Edmontonian
03-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I 'Like' to party, but often am so tired I just go to bed to rest up for the next day.
Thursday night and Sunday night are def party nights, Friday and Saturday usually depend on how tired I am.

nine00
02-20-2013, 04:30 PM
You guys gotta check out Super Tall Paul after the Polo fields close!

Drewski27
03-24-2013, 06:54 PM
I was on mushrooms for that last year. that guy really entertained me and fucked with my head all at the same time. Hope he comes back to do it again.