PDA

View Full Version : OTHER plane flying over Roger Waters set

shotglass75
04-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Does anyone else think whoever was promoting Muse's HAARP with an annoying plane flying overhead with blinking lights during Roger Waters set should be shot? I don't blame the band for this at all, I blame their money hungry record label that obviously doesn't give a shit about art or music, that let this occur. If I was Muse I would be pretty pissed off right now. It was disrespectful to Roger Waters, the fans, and Coachella.

Goldenvoice needs to put a stop to this next year.

microcuts
04-29-2008, 02:18 PM
It shuffled between that and Rilo Kiley and was doing it every night of the festival, not just during Waters. Advertisements on planes have been standard since I've been going to Coachella in 2004. It's not going to stop. The light advertisements is a bit much, though.

shotglass75
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I am aware that it was there everyday. I just felt, especially during "Money" that it was in really bad taste. I don't think any band would want to be associated with something like that. Especially MUSE being from the UK and all.

Psilo
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
They should have shot it down with a S.A.M. missle and just acted like it was more special effects.

thelastgreatman
04-29-2008, 02:29 PM
That plane should have shot down either the pig or the other plane. I was really hoping that that one flame burst that came really close to the pig would have caught it on fire, and the pig would have just slowly deflated and felling, flaming, onto the front rows of the crowd. That shit would have been hilarious.

amyzzz
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM
I thought the plane was cool and Roger Waters sucked.

Psilo
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I thought the plane was cool and Roger Waters sucked.

:lool

amyzzz
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Muse plane > Roger Waters

woogie846
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anyone else think whoever was promoting Muse's HAARP with an annoying plane flying overhead with blinking lights during Roger Waters set should be shot? I don't blame the band for this at all, I blame their money hungry record label that obviously doesn't give a shit about art or music, that let this occur. If I was Muse I would be pretty pissed off right now. It was disrespectful to Roger Waters, the fans, and Coachella.

Goldenvoice needs to put a stop to this next year.

That Muse plane really bugged me as well. I tried not paying attention to it during Roger Water's set, but it kept distracting me from him every time it flew overhead.

Aurgasm
04-29-2008, 11:16 PM
It seemed like a mistake. Waters' plane didn't look like it had completed its thing and it suddenly disappeared as the commercial plane came from the opposing side.

I also think that the pig hadn't completed its intended mission.