View Full Version : no more vegoose

unitedwestand
04-29-2008, 02:06 PM
well some has to say it-Sucks!
I've always wanted to go to this
http://consequenceofsound.net/

Goodtoknow
04-29-2008, 02:09 PM
coachella rocked entirely too hard and they know they can't compete.

gaypalmsprings
04-29-2008, 02:12 PM
R.I.P. Vegoose. Thanks for Daft Punk.

MarkO
04-29-2008, 02:13 PM

qft.

suprefan
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Man and people thought I was wrong saying Vegoose is over with after Outside Lands got announced. I think Superfly found a city where they can succeed in San Francisco, more than Vegas. And yes, thanks for DP and some other great acts that weekend.

superdeluxe
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder what other festivals are not going to make it.

C DUB YA
04-29-2008, 02:36 PM
apw

pemberton

rothbury

paulb
04-29-2008, 02:44 PM
APW for sure...im pretty sure Pemberton will last another year... tix are selling well.

Fuck, Vegoose was always my last option, thinking, The Prodigy WILL play there...but,it happens.

woogie846
04-29-2008, 02:52 PM
too bad.

superdeluxe
04-29-2008, 03:04 PM
I think with Pemberton, it might survive, its got a great location, and is the 'shining' star of canadian festivals isn't it?

Why does San Francisco have 2 huge festivals? Are they both the same kind?

amyzzz
04-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Fuck, I wanted to go some year, after I wasn't able to get to it last year (and with Daft Punk and all). Fuck. Vegas is much closer to me than fucking frisco.

unitedwestand
04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
They are two completely different music festivals.
And if you are going that route, San Fran has at least more than 4 music festivals including Bridge School Benefit, Noisepop, and Download Festival, along with Outside Lands Festival, Treasure Island, and Power to to the Peaceful (although who knows if bridge school or download will be back this year)
L.A. and Chicago have at least 4 music festivals as well, (not including radio sponsered events)
Its not because of Outside Lands Vegoose failed, didn'tthey also always compete with Voodoo which always was on the same weekend?

TommyboyUNM
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Indeed. Thanks for the pleasant surprise that was Daft Punk (I'm not into electronic music). That was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Also, thanks for Rage Against The Machine and Muse. Vegoose 2007 was a great time for me.

Wheres the beef?
04-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Dont forget Lovefest.

BlackSwan
04-29-2008, 03:22 PM
there's also ETD.Pop and others in the area include Monterey Music Summit, Harmony Festival and High Sierra and for the record Outside Lands and Treasure Island are completely different.

Young blood
04-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Outside Lands Festival wont make it with the price of tickets.

BlackSwan
04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Outside Lands Festival wont make it with the price of tickets.

especially since the whole thing is really just riding on Radiohead's draw.

xxxxxxxxxx
04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I just moved to Vegas this week. This sucks.

fikus222
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Ah man, Vegas is the best place to spend Halloween. Halloween makes Vegas' vibe a whole lot more palatable. I went in '98 for Phish and for the Vegoose in '05 and had a blast both times. I was even thinking of doing it again this year, oh well, I guess I shall see what Halloween in Seattle (new home starting in September) is like.

superdeluxe
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM
HOw are the two different?

And are they still doing download this year? Washington had that last year

suprefan
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Download is done by a british promoter, APE and Superfly dont run those. Live Nation has a play in it though.

fikus222
04-29-2008, 04:14 PM
HOw are the two different?

And are they still doing download this year? Washington had that last year

You won't find Treasure Island inundated w/ hippies (not that I mind all that much,just saying) and there is also guaranteed electronica at the Treasure Island Fest.

GnarVee
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Man and people thought I was wrong saying Vegoose is over with after Outside Lands got announced. I think Superfly found a city where they can succeed in San Francisco, more than Vegas. And yes, thanks for DP and some other great acts that weekend.

on the way to Muse, saturday I believe, the cabbie mentioned that they will be moving Vegoose to SF....I thought he was crazy as most vegas cabbies are.....but I guess he wadent so craty aftur all!

bohrdoms
04-29-2008, 07:52 PM
what a Downer after a great weekend.
I love the poolside at palm springs but 3 visits to vegoose had me sold that Vegas is the best city Ever to be in after a couple hours of music. And Vegoos never had a lineup nearly as packed as coachella so you still have plenty of energy to party all night. And add to that it's vegas the weekend before Halloween. I mean a music festival with everyone in costumes - Brilliant!
I could go on about the amenities of vegoose, this is a sad day. very sad.
I didn't know outlands was superfly, of course they wouldn't be trying to do two fests that close to each other (temporally and geographically), and Vegoose got smaller each year since it started, I actually thought last year was the last when they couldn't pack the place with both Daft and RATM on the bill. wierd- you guys missed out, especially the first year when halloween was like the day after the whole strip was Crazy- i couldn't tell the dressed up pimps from the real ones.

GnarVee
04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
what a Downer after a great weekend.
I love the poolside at palm springs but 3 visits to vegoose had me sold that Vegas is the best city Ever to be in after a couple hours of music. And Vegoos never had a lineup nearly as packed as coachella so you still have plenty of energy to party all night. And add to that it's vegas the weekend before Halloween. I mean a music festival with everyone in costumes - Brilliant!
I could go on about the amenities of vegoose, this is a sad day. very sad.
I didn't know outlands was superfly, of course they wouldn't be trying to do two fests that close to each other (temporally and geographically), and Vegoose got smaller each year since it started, I actually thought last year was the last when they couldn't pack the place with both Daft and RATM on the bill. wierd- you guys missed out, especially the first year when halloween was like the day after the whole strip was Crazy- i couldn't tell the dressed up pimps from the real ones.

agreed. My first vegoose was last year DAFT PUNK / MUSE / RAGE....and I had just turned 21 two months prior......I was looking so forward to last year.....I want another costume muisc fest!

g0k1ngsg0
04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
man, that sucks. I was looking forward to going this year.

Mr. Dylanja
04-30-2008, 12:15 AM
This was gonna be the year Ron took over too, that sucks. I was planning on it already. I still think I'll go to Vegas and catch some great djs at some costume parties...

gmoneyak
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
I had a feeling this would happen, nothing ever lasts for long in Vegas.

g0k1ngsg0
04-30-2008, 12:19 AM
guess its gonna be monster massive this year.

allthingsthatrock
04-30-2008, 05:54 AM
guess its gonna be monster massive this year.

Same for me, which is actually a disappointment because I always prefer festivals with variety rather than just one genre of music. Plus you could always look forward to one of Vegoose's headliners to be a draw. Oh well, so much for that. Hopefully Monster Massive has the Prodigy or someone crazy like that.

canexplain
04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
This was gonna be the year Ron took over too, that sucks. I was planning on it already. I still think I'll go to Vegas and catch some great djs at some costume parties...

Yea I was really bummed .. Coachella starts the summer fest season and vegoose ended the summer fest season … I was really going to try and promote my info vegoose board this year and try and get affiliated with the show or just make it better and have free stuff or whatever to make the board fun like this one … we always met my sis that would fly in and treat us to the town since she has so many connections … it was just a fun time RIP goose …. X**** now whats the dog gonna do for halloween ....

scoop49er
04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
R.I.P VEGOOSE!!

we had a amazing time in vegas and at vegoose last year. such a great lineup!! but i truly believe the location is what killed it. they could of kept it going and just scaled it down to a 7,000 to 10,000 per day goal but its good to leave on a good note. it was alot of fun and they have outside lands that they can really push and will do well in san francisco.... thanks for a great weekend...

PassiveTheory
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh that's lame... I was talking to Josh at the campgrounds about going to Vegoose this year for once... Or Paulb, can't remember which one it was.

Ardentbiscuit
04-30-2008, 04:09 PM
That's too bad. I enjoyed Vegoose for the 3 years I went.

amyzzz
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I never made it. Damnit. Last year I was trying to move the earth and sky to go, but hubby said no, and that was that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I figured this festival was dead in the water. Las Vegas sucks as far as live music goes (Born and raised there and lived there for 24 years, I know first hand)...it is way too expensive for bands to perform there in the first place and outside of the big strip productions, everything else gets ignored..I know a number of bands have complained about performing there (sigur ros and pretty girls make graves spring to mind). Also, when you have Daft Punk AND RATM headline a show and it doesn't sell out, you KNOW something is wrong...Fuck Las Vegas...

sin213
04-30-2008, 04:54 PM
That sucks. I had fun last year...

Plus it was a good excuse to get to Vegas, baby!!!

femmeenfant
04-30-2008, 11:02 PM
That was the best thing to happen to Vegas. Rly. This wasteland is such junk when it comes to cultural events with substance and now there is NO-THING. My god.

femmeenfant
04-30-2008, 11:03 PM
I just realized I'm wearing my Vegoose shirt from 2005 so so sad

pocket
05-01-2008, 12:12 AM
They are two completely different music festivals.
And if you are going that route, San Fran has at least more than 4 music festivals including Bridge School Benefit, Noisepop, and Download Festival, along with Outside Lands Festival, Treasure Island, and Power to to the Peaceful (although who knows if bridge school or download will be back this year)
L.A. and Chicago have at least 4 music festivals as well, (not including radio sponsered events)
Its not because of Outside Lands Vegoose failed, didn'tthey also always compete with Voodoo which always was on the same weekend?

ummmm bridge school has been going a long time and really isnt a festival its a benefit show.... sigh. why wouldnt it come back as it sells out the day it goes on sale every year.

Sushov23
05-01-2008, 12:57 AM
I'M sad about this.

msklvr
05-01-2008, 12:01 PM
How do we know for sure? There is nothing out there except for the link in the initial post, and that means nothing.

It would not surprise me, but I'm trying to stay positive. I want Vegoose back!

shakermaker113
05-01-2008, 06:46 PM
oh thank god. i mean, the last thing I need is another festival to want to go to.

god damn festival fever.

yes this was incredibly selfish.

suprefan
05-01-2008, 06:47 PM
How do we know for sure? There is nothing out there except for the link in the initial post, and that means nothing.

It would not surprise me, but I'm trying to stay positive. I want Vegoose back!

Vegoose is dead, deal with it.

Lurker_in_a_tree
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
The only thing Vegoose had going for it was Daft Punk.
Otherwise it was pretty much a vibeless pretendo-fest.
A jeepfull of monkeys on crack could have done the scheduling and stage placement better.

Bud Luster
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM

Indeed. So glad I got to go last year. Twas a nice little festival, but VEGAS... whoa...

msklvr
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Vegoose is dead, deal with it.

Ok, completely over it now, thanks.

humanoid
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
I guess the only reasons left to go to Vegas are the coke & hookers...

stinkbutt
05-02-2008, 01:13 AM
I guess the only reasons left to go to Vegas are the coke & hookers...

Best way to do the coke is off the hooker's ass

Sushov23
05-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Best way to do the coke is off the hooker's ass

what if there are creases?

stinkbutt
05-02-2008, 01:21 AM
eww thanks now I'm gonna have nightmares about ass creases

canexplain
05-02-2008, 07:31 AM
i will post this on the milehigh festival thread also ... i will get with info boards this weekend and see if they can change the things i cant on the vegoose info board to be the mile high fest board .. if it happens i will let you guys know and maybe you could drop over there sometimes ... and i hope this isnt considered spam .... x****

Hempey
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
That is a drag. Last year was one of the craziest weekends of my life. Daft Punk + Halloween + Vegas is a perfect storm. There were great after parties too (I saw MSTRKRFT @ the revolution lounge). It was what it was, and I'll miss it.

LongshotJoe
05-06-2008, 07:34 AM
The only thing Vegoose had going for it was Daft Punk.
Otherwise it was pretty much a vibeless pretendo-fest.
A jeepfull of monkeys on crack could have done the scheduling and stage placement better.

Thank you.

rage patton
05-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Vegoose was awesome last year. I had a great time. I was even considering going this year. But to be honest, it is sort of a relief. One less festival I am tempted by.

canexplain
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Vegoose was awesome last year. I had a great time. I was even considering going this year. But to be honest, it is sort of a relief. One less festival I am tempted by.

Isn’t that the truth sometimes …. I want to go to a concert and something else is going on or whatever and then it sells out before I get a ticket … sometimes it is a relief but then the opposite is true too, sometimes I don’t feel like going to a show and if I already have a ticket I will go ahead and go and usually I am glad I did …but J guess no parties with my sis here, we might start doing new years eve there …. X****

Sonicifyouwantit
05-06-2008, 01:48 PM
it was only ever good enough to get me there, but never hold my attention while I was there. Wished they condensed last year into a one day fest. 12 bands a day was not enough for a two day fest.

musicfan66
05-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I figured this festival was dead in the water. Las Vegas sucks as far as live music goes (Born and raised there and lived there for 24 years, I know first hand)...it is way too expensive for bands to perform there in the first place and outside of the big strip productions, everything else gets ignored..I know a number of bands have complained about performing there (sigur ros and pretty girls make graves spring to mind). Also, when you have Daft Punk AND RATM headline a show and it doesn't sell out, you KNOW something is wrong...Fuck Las Vegas...

Yeah, I agree with everything you said. I lived in Las Vegas for about 5 years (94-99), and even though they have tried to add culture to this city it just has never worked and probably never will. I usually had to drive down to L.A. to see good live music, though I do remember some great shows. One that really stands out was Radiohead opening for Soul Asylum at the Hard Rock Joint (Oct 95). I remember some idiot kept yelling "you suck!" and Thom put his guitar down and went to the edge of stage and flipped the guy off! A few other good shows I remember at The Joint was Blur (with Graham Coxon), Tricky and Afghan Whigs (one of the best shows I have seen). But even at those shows, the place was maybe haf full if that. Definitely glad to be out of that city!

fikus222
05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
The Vegoose festival, typically held in Las Vegas during the Halloween season, has been tabled for 2008, according to published reports. Event producers reportedly said the event has not been permanently canceled and may resurface in a different configuration. The festival launched in 2005 with headliners Dave Matthews Band, Jack Johnson and Beck, among others.

http://www.livedaily.com/blog/1977.html

MarkO
05-07-2008, 02:50 PM

I think I'm going to cut down to one fly & one drive festival per year from now on. I hope pemberton does well this year and sticks around.

sin213
05-07-2008, 02:55 PM

Word. Daft kicked ass at Vegoose! I was going to go back, but I guess now I'm not... :(

paulb
05-07-2008, 02:56 PM
hopefully for 09 there will be Vineland, Vfest Vancouver and Vegoose...mhm, im starting to see a pattern....

M Sparks
05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Vegas is the best city Ever to be in after a couple hours of music.

That was the problem...I'd prefer more than "a couple of hours of music" at a music festival.

I still had fun, but geez...what a clusterfuck.

MarkO
05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I just went back to my (overpriced & shitty) hotel and crashed. I was solo and had no interest in partying alone.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Im down to just coachella this year, last year I did Coach, Bonn and Vegoose...before that I cut out SD street scene and inland invasion (I only liked the two years that were flashback to the 80s [billy idol kicked ass!])

Edit: although I almost commited to outside lands...pemberton may get some of my tax refund money...we'll see

Ardentbiscuit
05-17-2008, 09:15 AM
My question is, people keep bringing this up, why is Las Vegas so bad for the music scene? You would think with all that is going on there it would just add to to whole experience.

I will miss Vegoose but probably I will go to the Bridge School Benefit this year since it always hits the same weekend as Vegoose.

g0k1ngsg0
05-17-2008, 11:01 AM
My question is, people keep bringing this up, why is Las Vegas so bad for the music scene? You would think with all that is going on there it would just add to to whole experience.

I think you just answered your own question.