PDA

View Full Version : Prince Vs. Waters

instinct
04-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow.. I can't believe some of you said that Prince's set was better than Waters.. Let's see what the overall consensus of the board it. If you didn't see both, then don't vote.

Waters may have been my favorite performance ever.

fatbastard
04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
This is like saying Pizza is better than Burgers. Both are great in their own right.

cansei de ser sexme
04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Prince was magical. Roger waters does too much ambient shit.

MantisMel
04-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I was high on LSD for Prince and that made it that much more Awesome! Roger Waters I saw sober and I was blown away! I can't really vote on who was better but all I know is that Roger waters did the first ever Main Stage intermission! CRAZY SHIT!

ecapataz
04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Prince was much better.

Kali27
04-29-2008, 02:19 PM
I am in love with Pink Floyd and have never really like Prince but Prince was way better than Waters...

instinct
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
wow.. i really can't believe how close this is.. to me it isn't even close.. Waters just blew my fuckin head off.

shaggyduck
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Prince is probably a better individual performer, but Waters had the better show. I'm sorry, but I love Pink Floyd, the song choices were great, DSOTM is amazing, the sound effects were incredible, the light show was fantastic, and the props/flames/fireworks were just too good. Great way to close the festival.

Sorry Prince, but Roger out did ya.

kortnee
04-29-2008, 04:55 PM
ive seen prince multiple times and that was the least interesting performance yet
waters all the way!

psychoc&ndy
04-29-2008, 11:07 PM
prince was fucking better than anything i could have hoped for. that being said, somehow roger waters was even better than prince's set... within the first song.

JustSteve
04-30-2008, 12:24 AM
why do we need to compare them? why the need for a competition?

ecapataz
04-30-2008, 12:52 AM
I wonder what Kool Keith thinks of Enya.

DJ Sin
04-30-2008, 12:57 AM
it's like comparing apples to oranges. Both rocked in different ways

Bewild
04-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Exactly. You can't compare quality. I'll go for Prince but that's just my musical taste....

Astrid
04-30-2008, 01:55 AM
waters>>>prince

bmack86
04-30-2008, 02:04 AM
Both were so good. I chose Waters because it was a better "show" but they were both fantastic.

Peace Frog
04-30-2008, 03:35 AM
This is like saying Pizza is better than Burgers. Both are great in their own right.

yeah apples and oranges.

ive never been a fan of prince or really listened to much of his music before but i have to say i was blown away by how amazing of a guitarist and performer he is. i could tell the crowd was totally into it. still, my favorite parts were the more familiar "come together" and "creep" covers.

that being said, roger waters still put on the most epic show ever. he's known as a great conceptualist for a reason and he can package and express his ideas and songs brilliantly, especially on stage. how can you argue with a graffiti pig flying over the audience alongside airplanes dropping political flyers onto the audience (the obama flyers never made it to the audience of course, as the wind carried them onto the unsuspecting lawns of nearby residents).

maybe its just because im a fan of pink floyd, but for me, roger waters had the better show, hands down.

M Sparks
04-30-2008, 06:37 AM
Prince= Best performance
Waters= Best show

everlay
04-30-2008, 06:43 AM
As I weaved through the crowd to get closer, I heard people saying it was the best of over 500 concerts they'd been to, and I remembered then the talk I heard growing up that you never saw a concert like Pink Floyd in the 70s, and then it hit me, I was transported to a different place and time, and what else is cool is Waters doesn't pull any punches, he says what he wants to say about a lot of things, both with the lyrics and the patter. He's his own man and I respect that.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Waters for me...

marooko
04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
im gonna have to go with waters, but if Sheila E played a set on the drums, id have to go with her. I couldnt believe how she fucking put it down.

PrettyRagdoll
04-30-2008, 08:45 AM
why do we need to compare them? why the need for a competition?

Exactly. I'm not voting. There should be a tie choice

JebusLives
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I am in love with Pink Floyd and have never really like Prince but Prince was way better than Waters...

Same. I voted Prince even though he's not really my thing - he's just too fucking good to be human. I bet he doesn't have a belly button.

SFChrissy
04-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I thought I was looking at a drag queen on the stage during prince's performance...he was really good and surprised me with shiela but roger blew it out of the water...

jigsaw
04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
WHICH ONE'S PINK?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/900O9uCjLiM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/900O9uCjLiM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Goodtoknow
04-30-2008, 04:04 PM
PRINCE MAN!!! HE'S FUCKING PRINCE!!!

did anyone see him gimp walk onto stage!

but seriously...he is the best guitar player on the planet right now.

paulb
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Waters. Fuck Prince.

Memorial_07
05-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Waters had the stage show...
Prince had the sheer showsmanship.

Geno_g
05-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Waters blew my mind, prince got the party started

SFChrissy
05-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Waters blew my mind, prince got the party started

Nicely said...

I'm kinda having a hard time getting over the pollution his show generated...a lost pig, propaganda pamphelts and the debris from all the pyrotechnics/explosions...Don't get me wrong I loved his show I just didn't agree with it's eco impact...

instinct
05-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Nicely said...

I'm kinda having a hard time getting over the pollution his show generated...a lost pig, propaganda pamphelts and the debris from all the pyrotechnics/explosions...Don't get me wrong I loved his show I just didn't agree with it's eco impact...

What about Coachella in general? Coachella should sell those "Reverse your Carbon Footprint" pieces of crap, so all the douches can think they are saving the environment.

deano
05-03-2008, 03:35 AM
Nicely said...

your a fuckn dork everything you do has a impact just lighten the fuck up. If your really that worried go and live out in the forest and stop farting. It was a shit hot concert theres not many bands that could do any better

lediable76
05-03-2008, 04:41 AM
still did not waste my time with any of these old timers.....but i got to go with roger waters, even though I was hardcore in the Sahara!!!! (Modeselektor, simian, chromeo,justice....time of my life....y'all) ...

summerkid
05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
wow...randy is so right we are a bunch of light show monkeys. C'mon you guys are going to pick someone who uses backing tracks vs the single greatest live performer alive today.

brycerosen
05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Both were amazing but I have to give it prince, maybe its cause I was way in the front with the die hard fans but the way he got the crowd going like nothing I have ever experienced

thelastgreatman
05-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Jesus Christ, guys, Waters came in late and ended early on every fucking part he sang. Watch this clip and try and tell me that wasn't a fucking sing-along concert. He cuts every single note short, usually at least a half-second short of how long it's supposed to last and a full second short of the rest of the crowd. It's just sad.

HHFgtONb3Dg&feature=related

Drewski27
01-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Prince made me feel sexy. he wins.