PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL 2008 OUTSIDE LANDS FESTIVAL THREAD!!

scoop49er
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
well now that coachella is over and the san francisco thread is way too big and full of mostly pre-coachella ramblings, this thread is now for people going or thinking about going to the festival in san francisco.

for anyone who does not know yet, the website is:

http://outsidelandsfestival.com/

the lineup as of 4/28/08 is:

FRIDAY, AUGUST 22ND @ 5PM
RADIOHEAD
BECK
MANU CHAO
THE BLACK KEYS
COLD WAR KIDS
STEEL PULSE
LYRICS BORN
BLACK MOUNTAIN
THE FELICE BROTHERS

SATURDAY, AUGUST 23RD @ 1PM
TOM PETTY & THE HEARTBREAKERS
BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS
PRIMUS
STEVE WINWOOD
CAFÉ TACVBA
LUPE FIASCO
REGINA SPEKTOR
GALACTIC’S CRESCENT CITY SOUL KREWE
M. WARD
DEVENDRA BANHART
MATT NATHANSON
TWO GALLANTS
DREDG
SIDESTEPPER
KAKI KING
THE COUP
LIARS
DONAVON FRANKENREITER
NELLIE MCKAY
GOAPELE
SEAN HAYES
RUPA & THE APRIL FISHES

SUNDAY, AUGUST 24TH @ 1PM
JACK JOHNSON
WILCO
WIDESPREAD PANIC
RODRIGO Y GABRIELA
BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE
ANDREW BIRD
SHARON JONES & THE DAP-KINGS
DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
STARS
ALO
JACKIE GREENE
THE COOL KIDS
GRACE POTTER & THE NOCTURNALS
LITTLE BROTHER
BON IVER
IVAN NEVILLE'S DUMPSTAPHUNK
THE MOTHER HIPS
NICOLE ATKINS & THE SEA
K’NAAN
BACK DOOR SLAM
CULVER CITY DUB COLLECTIVE

More Artists to be Announced

suprefan
04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
You could put the poster........

http://outsidelandsfestival.com/images/admat-lb.gif

BlackSwan
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
why did you have to yell? two exclamation points would have sufficed.

scoop49er
04-28-2008, 09:14 PM
single day tickets are available at 85 per ticket. as of now im going fri and sat for sure. sun im not sure yet cuz the lineup doesnt seen that great to me.

friday: these im interested in:
RADIOHEAD
BECK
COLD WAR KIDS
STEEL PULSE
BLACK MOUNTAIN

those 5 alone will make thay day go by very nicely!

saturday: im interested in seeing:
PRIMUS
REGINA SPEKTOR
THE COUP

these 5 are worth the admission and seeing tom petty and primus at the park will be great.

sunday: these might be worth it
WILCO
RODRIGO Y GABRIELA
STARS

thats about it so im not sure yet. would love to see sharon jones again but overall its a good lineup for san francisco! :)

scoop49er
04-28-2008, 09:15 PM
why did you have to yell? two exclamation points would have sufficed.

sorry. on a coachella hangover right now!!! :)

BlackSwan
oh, and since there is a new thread let's get this out of the way... where is the electronic music or djs they mentioned in the press release?

scoop49er
You could put the poster........

http://outsidelandsfestival.com/images/admat-lb.gif

thanks suprefan!

scoop49er
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM
oh, and since there is a new thread let's get this out of the way... where is the electronic music or djs they mentioned in the press release?

i think they will have all those acts play the treasure island festival. so its a good thing for 2 different fests but sucks for the outside lands cuz it would be nice to see a few.

BlackSwan
04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
i think they will have all those acts play the treasure island festival. so its a good thing for 2 different fests but sucks for the outside lands cuz it would be nice to see a few.

doesn't change the fact that in their press release it says...

"With five main performance stages, the music programming will represent a wide range of genres, including rock, blues, reggae, jazz, hip-hop, world, soul, Latin and electronic music. From singer-songwriters to roots acts, rock bands and DJs, major national headliners will perform alongside exceptional emerging talent, making the event a substantial celebration of the established and the cutting edge."

why say it if you are no going to deliver. dick move.

bballarl
04-28-2008, 10:00 PM
This was only the first round of additions.

woogie846
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Even though Friday is a short day, it sounds awesome.

suprefan
04-28-2008, 10:11 PM
They need to add like 3 or 4 more to friday to make it justifiable in price. With only 10 acts, and possibly seeing like 5 of them only, that kinda sucks. Yes RH is worth about $70 of the $100, but come on...

chiapet
04-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Give it time guys, it's still almost 4 months away. It's SF, there will be electronic acts.

kroqken
04-29-2008, 07:39 PM
I only really like the Friday lineup, I am not thrilled by eithere Saturday's or Sunday's.

woogie846
04-29-2008, 08:15 PM
With single day tickets now, I might just have to skip Sunday to hightail it back to the Bowl for another Radiohead show.

Wheres the beef?
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Isnt there a huge thread about this already? What makes this Official?

scoop49er
04-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Isnt there a huge thread about this already? What makes this Official?

cuz the other one had a ton of ramblings and its nice to get back to the lineup only stuff for now:

right now im going friday and saturday.

sunday doesnt have alot for me to want to spend another 85 bucks on tickets but fri and sat for sure. sun might be a chill out day....

fiyahhh!
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
cuz the other one had a ton of ramblings and its nice to get back to the lineup only stuff for now:

I had pizza for lunch today.

ThomThom
04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I had pizza for lunch today.

So did I... Toppings?

Cdubby
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
yuck i had way too many spicy pies to enjoy pizza right now

anyways, what is everyone wearing? im in a jack sparrow costume

fiyahhh!
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
pepperoni, but i dipped it in ranch sauce with crushed red peppers mixed in.

fiyahhh!
04-30-2008, 03:21 PM
yuck i had way too many spicy pies to enjoy pizza right now

anyways, what is everyone wearing? im in a jack sparrow costume

if you're in a jack sparrow costume, then it must be wednesday.

BlackSwan
04-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I had pizza today too. 4 slices... all free, my favorite kind of pizza.

Goodtoknow
04-30-2008, 04:02 PM
i want pizza for dinner now ...:/

ThomThom
04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I had pepperoni & mushroom pizza with crushed red pepper.

BlackSwan
04-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I had one pesto, wait two pesto and then one with mushrooms and spinich and a fourth with eggplant.

tubescape
04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
"you say potato" slice from Escape from NY pizza ftw. When you all come to town for this festival, try this place out and try out the slice I mentioned. Roasted potatoes & roasted garlic over pesto and cheese.

Getting pretty excited for this festival even though its several months away. Friday looks to be a campout at the main stage. Saturday will offer a little bit more chill time, and Sunday will be just a day to take it all in, stroll the park and really enjoy it all.

BrettShipes
04-30-2008, 09:07 PM
I like Zachary's Pizza in Berkeley...

I'm also going to Outside Lands and look forward to friday and saturday...

If they add Cake and Flaming Lips to Sunday I'll be happy. Or maybe they can just get Fatboy Slim to play against JJ...

And then we'll all get Zachary's when it's over.

paulb
04-30-2008, 09:50 PM
dont forget to check out matt nathanson

BrettShipes
04-30-2008, 09:55 PM
dont forget to check out matt nathanson

I heard some of his live set on KFOG not too long ago, he seems cool, I'll definitely check him out.

Deputy
04-30-2008, 09:59 PM
I love how this thread became all about pizza, but for outside lands i'm thinking of going friday and skipping the rest.

idrive1life
04-30-2008, 10:00 PM
sorry. on a coachella hangover right now!!! :)

No post-Coachella ramblings on this thread, please. j/k

Yeah, I need to go to this festival to forget Coachella (as if I can afford it).

Friday looks good to me.

chiapet
04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Totally unrelated to Outside lands but regarding pizza and SF, did the Fat Slice in Berkeley also close or just the one in SF? I usually don't like pizza much but for some reason love that greasy shit. They left with no warning. :(

I'm holding on to a delusion that some electronic stuff will be added especially to Sunday.

ThomThom
04-30-2008, 10:35 PM
If they throw Booka Shade on Friday my balls will swell up as I purchase my ticket on ticketmaster.

chiapet
04-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Do you recall if the permits or advertising said anything about number of bands and number of stages? I'm too lazy to go through the other thread.

suprefan
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Yes, number of stages is 5 supposedly. And about 80 bands total.

NiceArthur32
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM
are they gonna have spicy pie there?

i want me some fucking SPICY PIE!

orbit
05-01-2008, 12:05 AM
It's SF, there will be electronic acts.

you would think the same about Chicago and Lollapalooza.

psychoc&ndy
05-01-2008, 12:09 AM
If they throw Booka Shade on Friday my balls will swell up as I purchase my ticket on ticketmaster.

haha for good reason

bballarl
05-01-2008, 12:23 AM
I am hoping that the acts that owned at Coachella will be there. Specifically Boys Noize and SMD.

NiceArthur32
05-01-2008, 12:44 AM
and spicy pie...

right?

gmoneyak
05-01-2008, 01:57 AM
I still want to hit up Friday, but that 5pm starting time is killing me. How many more acts could they possibly squeeze into that timeframe?

sbessiso
05-01-2008, 05:42 AM
i wanna go so bad!

fiyahhh!
05-01-2008, 08:03 AM
I still don't see why we need ANOTHER thread about this festival. The original thread was just fine. I'm bumping that shit.

chiapet
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM

Sure, except that the announcements specifically mentioned electronic music.

So we have approx 50 of 80 acts announced. I'm assuming there is still an electronic / dance stage that is not yet announced at all. Maybe there won't be one on Friday, but I can't imagine not having that on Saturday and Sunday.

shakermaker113
05-01-2008, 09:32 AM
friday only for me.

and dang, it's going to be $100 after their shipping game. I keep feelilng like Friday should be cheaper since it's shorter. I know Radiohead tickets are almost that much anyway. but still.

Jakewc151
05-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Single days go on sale in under 15 mins. Better catch Friday tix as soon as it happens.. I am expecting it to sell out relatively quickly.

GnarVee
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Single days go on sale in under 15 mins. Better catch Friday tix as soon as it happens.. I am expecting it to sell out relatively quickly.

I know I know! gotta save up for SASQUATCH!

Basskitten85
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
WOO HOOO CANT WAIT FOR THIS !!!!

chiapet
05-01-2008, 10:04 AM
I know Radiohead tickets are almost that much anyway. but still.

That is the way I look at these things, especially when there is no travel involved. I would pay to see Radiohead, Manu Chao, and Beck. Those as solo shows would end up being probably $150 including ticketmaster fees. I'm looking at it as getting to see several other bands for free. :)

I still have faith in Saturday & Sunday, as while I wouldn't go to a solo show, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Tom Petty and Steve Winwood, and several of the smaller acts for Saturday are good, and Wilco, RyG, BSS, and Andrew Bird for Sunday sounds great.

Admittedly, I'm biased, as it's walking distance and see it as an excuse to spend the whole weekend in the park.

chiapet
05-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I think Friday will sell out very quickly.

Young blood
05-01-2008, 10:05 AM
I boughts mine.

RADIOHEAD!!

Im really not size 7 font excited yet, but im getting there.

Stork
05-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I wish I could only go friday but i think bss is keeping be until sunday

Cdubby
05-01-2008, 10:09 AM
ehhhhh i really want to pick up fri/sat tix, but i cant justify the credit card damage, so im gonna wait till june when i can pay cash and pick up a full 3 day pass probably, even though im (probably) only gonna use it for fri/sat lol

ThomThom
05-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Sweet jesus I am so tempted to just buy a Friday ticket and see if I can go when the time comes around the corner...

Californicator
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
just bought 4 for friday...

uniform72
05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Wait, so Friday is the same price as single day tix for either Saturday or Sunday? I can only afford one SF fest this year so it's probably going to be Treasure Island...

Cdubby
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Wait, so Friday is the same price as single day tix for either Saturday or Sunday? I can only afford one SF fest this year so it's probably going to be Treasure Island...

yes.....

SFChrissy
05-01-2008, 10:20 AM

I think they will announce the DJ's later...I'm really surprised STS9 isn't on the lineup.

As for the fuctionality of the festival...I've been doing a lot of bike riding in the park lately and I honestly hope it's not gonna be a cluster fuck of cattle herd moving from one grove to another...honestly speaking if they are gonna have fencing I cant see there being much room for us to move around and definately not on our bikes thru the venue...

SFChrissy
05-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Sweet jesus I am so tempted to just buy a Friday ticket and see if I can go when the time comes around the corner...

stop bitching and just get your smart clever ass up here it's just one night!!!

fiyahhh!
05-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Is anyone donating when they purchase their tix? I donated to plant a tree. I'm going to print and save my order so that 20 years from now I can go into the forest and carve my initials into a tree. If the ranger says shit, I can show them my receipt and say "it's mine, (insert whatever insult will be in style 20 years from now)!"

ThomThom
05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
stop bitching and just get your smart clever ass up here it's just one night!!!

I just got promoted and I start on June 2nd so I don't know if asking for Friday the 22nd off would be such a great idea due to probationary periods and whatnot.

BlackSwan
05-01-2008, 10:39 AM

Lolla at least has Booka Shade and a number of other acts that may not be strictly electronic, but very dancable... CSS, The Go! Team, DIOYY, Girl Talk, Brazilian Girls, MGMT, Santogold... to name a few. Outside Lands has jack.

fiyahhh!
05-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Lolla at least has Booka Shade and a number of other acts that may not be strictly electronic, but very dancable... CSS, The Go! Team, DIOYY, Girl Talk, Brazilian Girls, MGMT, Santogold... to name a few. Outside Lands has jack.

johnson

SFChrissy
05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I just got promoted and I start on June 2nd so I don't know if asking for Friday the 22nd off would be such a great idea due to probationary periods and whatnot.

Pre-existing obligations...Congratulations on the promotion!!!

ThomThom
05-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Pre-existing obligations...Congratulations on the promotion!!!

Thanks!... I can always buy the ticket and if it ends up not working out I can sell it to one of you lovely board members.

BlackSwan
05-01-2008, 11:07 AM
the two Outside Lands threads are battling it out. I like this one more because there is pizza involved, it has the real name of the festival in the name and ALL CAPS are always fun.

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
05-01-2008, 11:50 AM
i'm gonna buy my friday and saturday tickets tonight, and if closer to the festival i decide sunday is worth it, i'll buy one there or something. radiohead, beck, manu chao, primus, cafe tacvba, donovan and devendra are worth $200 aren't they?

gmoneyak
05-01-2008, 11:51 AM

I'm in the situation that I've burned the remainder of my vaca. already for Coachella and don't wan't to use my floater holidays yet. I've been flexing my schedule around so much that asking for that Friday off would also not be such a good idea. I should just move to the Bay Area already.

chiapet
05-01-2008, 12:43 PM
ThomThom, what's one day? Just tell them you already had a weekend commitment. You could probably even work most of the day on Friday and still make it to SF - it's only a 1 hour flight from LA.

suprefan
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
If Thomthom goes, we will be going up there that morning, go to the festival, have dinner and go home. Ill have my tickdt in about an hour, yay.

Down Rodeo
05-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Totally unrelated to Outside lands but regarding pizza and SF, did the Fat Slice in Berkeley also close or just the one in SF? I usually don't like pizza much but for some reason love that greasy shit. They left with no warning. :(

The Fat Slice in Berkeley is still open and still extremely delicious.

bballarl
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Blondie's is better.

scoop49er
05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
i am for sure going friday and saturday. sunday is the big question mark for me.... and pizza is always good!! :) radiohead and tom petty and primus in the same weekend in the bay is perfect!!

BlackSwan
05-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I can't wait to go on Sunday and call everyone bro...

Example: Let's go get some pizza bro!

chiapet
05-01-2008, 05:25 PM
I am OK with Sunday so far. There are several people on the lineup that I'd like to see, I'm just hoping the set times work out so that I'm not sitting around all day with nothing to see. (Or maybe those electronic acts will show up :) )

xxxxxxxxxx
05-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Blondie's is better.

Chico's is the best.

scoop49er
05-02-2008, 03:53 PM
has anyone booked a room yet?

shakermaker113
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM
no bumping this thread! please move directly to the other (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16115&highlight=san+francisco) thread.

Chico's is the best.

agreed.

suprefan
05-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Bump

bobert
05-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Bought my Friday ticket this morning. $100 for the ticket. $100 for my train-ticket from LA to San Fran (pretty stoked, never been on a train or been to San Francisco), and $100 for my motel room on Thursday night. All in all, a very affordable trip. Not getting a hotel room Friday night, as my train leaves at 6:30am on Saturday. Anyone think they'll be some sick afterhours parties to kill some time after Radiohead? Do you think the venue's pizza will be good? Do you think Danger Mouse will make an appearance on Friday, since he just produced the Black Keys' new album and Beck's new album? So many questions......

Astrid
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
blehh...i really only want to go friday and saturday, but i want to see wilco ohh so bad.

i wont have funds for a long time anyways, so i guess its all three days or none at all for me. le sighhh.

Cdubby
05-02-2008, 08:01 PM
okay i officially have my friday ticket in hand

chiapet
05-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Anyone think they'll be some sick afterhours parties to kill some time after Radiohead?

Yes, there is always something going on in SF on Friday nights, and the festival ends pretty early. You could possibly find a late show or at least an electronic music type club.

scoop49er
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
it would be nice if they could have some outside lands aftershows like vegoose did. just a thought...

bobert
05-04-2008, 03:47 AM
it would be nice if they could have some outside lands aftershows like vegoose did. just a thought...

agreed. need something to do before my 6:30am train.

bobert
05-04-2008, 03:48 AM
Yes, there is always something going on in SF on Friday nights, and the festival ends pretty early. You could possibly find a late show or at least an electronic music type club.

Nice....

bobert
05-04-2008, 03:55 AM
blehh...i really only want to go friday and saturday, but i want to see wilco ohh so bad.

i wont have funds for a long time anyways, so i guess its all three days or none at all for me. le sighhh.

I disagree. Never thought they'd put Beck and Radiohead on the same day, but $100 for those two acts is an unbelievable bargain. The rest of the days are pretty average. Wilco tours all the time. Catch Friday and save your money for a Wilco solo show. They tour all the ime.

shakermaker113
05-04-2008, 09:40 AM
treasure island had some night shows. maybe outside lands will too.

though even then, I don't think the treasure island night shows went on beyond 1 am.

where does the train to SF arrive? I didn't realize trains other than caltrain & bart come in & out of the city.

chiapet
05-04-2008, 11:48 AM
shaker - amtrak does service to SF - the train station is in emeryville, but they have charter buses which bring you back to various points in SF (embarcadero, in front of the shopping center, etc).

scoop49er
05-05-2008, 08:47 AM
treasure island had some night shows. maybe outside lands will too.

though even then, I don't think the treasure island night shows went on beyond 1 am.

where does the train to SF arrive? I didn't realize trains other than caltrain & bart come in & out of the city.

what night shows did treasure island have???

chiapet
05-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Grizzly Bear played Saturday after the festival. There was also a show on Sunday night, I think Built to Spill?

shakermaker113
05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
kid koala also played the night before.

scoop49er
05-05-2008, 11:33 AM
i think they can get a few to play some aftershows since the shows end around 10pm...

shakermaker113
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I think that was the motivation behind the treasure island night shows. it's a good idea.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Exactly - There are several venues with similar types of booking (mezzanine, mighty) that run shows until very late, so it's very feasible to have a show at one of those places after the festival. It would probably only take 20-30 minutes to get downtown on muni, even with the crowds.

scoop49er
05-05-2008, 12:55 PM
imagine this:

OUTSIDE LANDS PRESENTS; "OUTSIDE LANDS AT NIGHT!"

GET PRIMUS, BEN HARPER, WILCO, LUPE FIASCO, REGINA SPEKTOR, SHARON JONES, AND OTHERS TO PLAY SOME SHOWS AFTER THE CONCERT ENDS.

HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!

SORRY FOR YELLING BUT THE THOUGHT IS MAKING ME ALL NUTTY! :)

tubescape
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
imagine this:

OUTSIDE LANDS PRESENTS; "OUTSIDE LANDS AT NIGHT!"

GET PRIMUS, BEN HARPER, WILCO, LUPE FIASCO, REGINA SPEKTOR, SHARON JONES, AND OTHERS TO PLAY SOME SHOWS AFTER THE CONCERT ENDS.

HOLY SHIT THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!!

SORRY FOR YELLING BUT THE THOUGHT IS MAKING ME ALL NUTTY! :)

even better would be:

"THOSE WHO PURCHASED 3-DAY PASSES GET IN FREE"

shakermaker113
05-05-2008, 02:49 PM
even better would be:

"THOSE WHO PURCHASED 3-DAY PASSES GET IN FREE"

that would be madness.

BlackSwan
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
how bout some bands NOT at the festival play some shows at night, maybe like ones who make electronic music or something.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Last year for Treasure Island, they promoted bands that were not on the festival lineup (such as Kid Koala and Grizzly Bear).

I really wouldn't worry too much about finding something to do in SF on Friday and Saturday nights.

scoop49er
05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
for sure looking forward to it.

scoop49er
05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
ok talked to my buddies who give me info on bands being added... "prince was the last one they gave me which i had to buy a case of brew for my buddy".

they say through the rumor mill this is the list they are working with for bands who may be added soon but after they play their west coast dates...

dave matthews band: sun
sheryl crow: sun
black crowes: sat
counting crows: sun
tom waits: sun
gogol bordello: sat
bonnie raitt: sat
los lobos: sun
los lonely boys:sun
ozomatli: sun
snoop dogg: sun
stephen marley:sat
the roots: sun
maceo parker: sat
jacob dylan: sun

these are strictly rumors... nothing else... but they come from a good source i became friends with when we did concert security together and he stuck with it and now is a executive and i went and did my own thing.... so we shall see. a few should come true. maybe not the coachella brand but for outside lands, it may be good adds all around.

bballarl
05-06-2008, 04:06 PM
I have been hoping for a Black Crowes add since the beginning. Especially now that I am missing them (again) to go to ATP NY.

fikus222
05-06-2008, 04:12 PM
dave matthews band: sun
sheryl crow: sun
black crowes: sat
counting crows: sun
tom waits: sun
gogol bordello: sat
bonnie raitt: sat
los lobos: sun
los lonely boys:sun
ozomatli: sun
snoop dogg: sun
stephen marley:sat
the roots: sun
maceo parker: sat
jacob dylan: sun

these are strictly rumors...

meh.

amyzzz
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Is there anyone who was going but is now not going who wants to give up their hotel reservation to me? (just thought I'd check...)

suprefan
05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Is there anyone who was going but is now not going who wants to give up their hotel reservation to me? (just thought I'd check...)

I think I might be able to help, hang tight.

amyzzz
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
PM me if/when you have info.

scoop49er
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
new additons should happend first week after bonnaroo...

fikus222
05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
new additons should happend first week after bonnaroo...

Let's hope they come earlier than that (Bonnaroo is June 12-15th). This Festival still has a lot to make up for and these additions had better include electronica.

How is it that Bonnaroo knows how to balance genres, whereas OSL is all lopsided ?

GauchoGuy17
05-12-2008, 07:25 PM
So how much are 3 day passes to this thing?

Sushov23
05-12-2008, 07:28 PM
300 bucks after the fees.

Cdubby
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
PM me if/when you have info.

pm sent....

Sushov23
05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I hope additions, means sunday.

rage patton
05-13-2008, 12:53 AM
If Tom Waits is added... I may sell my Pemberton tickets to go to this. As well as Gogol Bordello and Black Crowes? It would be too good.

sbessiso
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
300 bucks after the fees.

yikes!

scoop49er
05-13-2008, 07:58 AM
right now its friday and saturday for sure.. sunday maybe.......

tubescape
05-13-2008, 04:12 PM
So how much are 3 day passes to this thing?

Not $300, more like $265 if you buy the 3-day pass. If you buy 3 single day tix, it will run you about $300. I bought two 3-day passes, donated $3 for carbon offsetting, and got gouged with the required $18.50 FedEx "option", and the total came out to $528.

davrone
05-13-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm looking forward to making the trek to Frisco this August. Although I will only be there on Friday. Gotta rush back to LA by Sunday to make it to Radiohead's Bowl show! Anyone else stalking Radiohead this summer?

Cdubby
05-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm looking forward to making the trek to Frisco this August. Although I will only be there on Friday. Gotta rush back to LA by Sunday to make it to Radiohead's Bowl show! Anyone else stalking Radiohead this summer?

im going friday then driving down to la on saturday to watch radiohead again on sunday, then driving back to sonoma because classes start that monday.......its gonna be a fun weekend :dumbo

suprefan
05-13-2008, 06:33 PM

Yeah. I leave for Texas in 3 days. Then all of California in August...

scoop49er
05-13-2008, 08:16 PM
just watched steve winwood on you tube performing the finer things... im into it. :)

davrone
05-14-2008, 11:26 AM
im going friday then driving down to la on saturday to watch radiohead again on sunday, then driving back to sonoma because classes start that monday.......its gonna be a fun weekend :dumbo

Yeah, same here. I start school on that same Monday. The thought of going back is bumming me out, so I plan on making that weekend memorable.

Yeah. I leave for Texas in 3 days. Then all of California in August...

Lucky! How were you able to score so many tix? I am envious!

suprefan
05-14-2008, 11:27 AM

Magic.......

bballarl
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I think people will be pleased with the Treasure Island lineup. APE is putting together two nice festivals.

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I think people will be pleased with the Treasure Island lineup. APE is putting together two nice festivals.

so CSS is playing... WHO ELSE?!?!?!?!

bballarl
05-14-2008, 11:31 AM
A bunch of really cool acts. Just wait for the announcement.

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 11:33 AM

i hope you get kicked in the shins by a small child very soon.

GauchoGuy17
05-14-2008, 11:58 AM

Dude, he's a super fan. He has powers far beyond the reach of ordinary fans.

shakermaker113
05-14-2008, 02:11 PM

argh! why do you tease us so? and not even in the TI thread...

dorkfish
05-14-2008, 02:29 PM
argh! why do you tease us so?
because he can.

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
argh! why do you tease us so? and not even in the TI thread...

dick move.

fikus222
05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, especially since I can't even go to Ti this year.

the Orb live for OSL

Sushov23
05-14-2008, 03:03 PM
atleast tell us when they will announce or something? and will dan le sac be playing?

GauchoGuy17
05-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I think I'm definitely going to this. Probably just Friday and Saturday though, depending on what what work schedule looks like at the time. I just realized that I've never seen Tom Petty play live, and this tour might be one of my last chances.

bballarl
05-14-2008, 04:40 PM
because he can.

Exactly.

Seriously, just be patient.

fikus222
05-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Exactly.

Like the kind of patience that will have to endure until after Bonnaroo happens ?

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Exactly.

please tell me Justice isn't headlining.

dorkfish
05-14-2008, 04:51 PM
please tell me Justice isn't headlining.
Who else in the extremely popular to the masses dance world could headline? last year was Thievery Corp. Moby's probably out due to BFD. So who then?

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Who else in the extremely popular to the masses dance world could headline? last year was Thievery Corp. Moby's probably out due to BFD. So who then?

that's a stupid question. what? book Justice to headline so they can play some lame re-hashed version of the same set they played at Mezzanine in Oct and the Concourse in March.

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Basement Jaxx
The Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk
Fatboy Slim
The Prodigy

...to name a few fyi...

fikus222
05-14-2008, 05:00 PM
The ORB has been doing live shows again and the reviews have been marvelous. Here is an example of their current set list:

huge ever growing remix that is very fat
plateau 15 minute live studio version
towers of dub
sleeping tiger & the gods unknown
mother nature
star trek
u f orb/ outlands
DDD
little fluffy clouds
rock on
blue room
pomme fritz
godless america
cool harbour
unit R
How Long
Perpetual Dawn
Toxygene

This excites me very much, I haven't seen them live for years and would love the opportunity to see this RARE act live
again.

Edit:

Blackswan's list is also exciting.

bballarl
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't know when it will be announced, but what I have heard sounded pretty good.

BlackSwan
05-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I don't know when it will be announced, but what I have heard sounded pretty good.

DID YOU HEAR JUSTICE?

fikus222
05-14-2008, 05:36 PM
From this conversation, we can surmise that the format will be similar to last year's, ie Electronic-like acts on one day and Indie-ish Rock acts on the other day.

shakermaker113
05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
wow this thread was very effectively hijacked.

chiapet
05-14-2008, 10:17 PM

Well, just to be a bigger dick, I'll remind that some of us are going to be at ATP NY seeing my bloody fucking valentine that weekend. So I could care less who plays TI. :)

fikus222
05-14-2008, 10:51 PM
wow this thread was very effectively hijacked.

This is just the second rate OSL thread anyways.

scoop49er
05-15-2008, 09:24 AM
mbv? very nice chiapet...

shakermaker113
05-15-2008, 09:40 AM
This is just the second rate OSL thread anyways.

and now it's the second rate TI thread. double fail!

bballarl
05-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, just to be a bigger dick, I'll remind that some of us are going to be at ATP NY seeing my bloody fucking valentine that weekend. So I could care less who plays TI. :)

I will be there too. But I was kind of bummed when I found out the two conflicted. If I wasn't at ATP I would be at TI.

BlackSwan
05-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I will be there too. But I was kind of bummed when I found out the two conflicted. If I wasn't at ATP I would be at TI.

even more reason to spill the beans guy

sbessiso
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
my fucking friends cannot make up their fucking minds, we're considering outside lands (again)

Young blood
05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
even more reason to spill the beans guy

Take more than half of Monolith Festival and add in some ACL and you will get Treasure Island.

BlackSwan
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Take more than half of Monolith Festival and add in some ACL and you will get Treasure Island.

thanks for the useless input.

Young blood
05-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks for crying like a bitch 24-7

BlackSwan
05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks for crying like a bitch 24-7

nice... complaining about someone who wants to know a simple piece of information, do you really not have anything better to do?

Young blood
05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Quit crying.

bitch.

BlackSwan
05-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Quit crying.

bitch.

congratulations , you made the cover!!!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_vGlBUID_WM8/RxDgT_jQAfI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/BdM0sf_9S2g/s400/itg_quarterly.jpg

Young blood
05-15-2008, 11:31 AM
finally.

"The whole internets is just jealous of my knowledge."

BlackSwan
05-21-2008, 08:13 AM
DID YOU HEAR JUSTICE?

Treasure Island Line Up:

Justice
Raconteurs
TV on the Radio
Hot Chip
Goldfrapp
Teagan & Sara
Vampire Weekend
CSS
Antibalas
Spiritualized
Aesop Rock
Amon Tobin
Okkervil River
Tokyo Police Club

blah... blah... blah... it's all here... http://treasureislandfestival.com/

...called Justice... weak.

scoop49er
05-26-2008, 11:44 AM
congratulations , you made the cover!!!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_vGlBUID_WM8/RxDgT_jQAfI/AAAAAAAAAJ0/BdM0sf_9S2g/s400/itg_quarterly.jpg

priceless!

scoop49er
06-18-2008, 09:05 AM
here are the latest additions as of 6/18/08:

The Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival taking place in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, Earth, on August 22, 23 & 24, 2008 just got EVEN sweeter with the latest artist additions of Toots & the Maytals, Rogue Wave, The Walkmen, Mike Gordon, Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet feat. Bela Fleck, Vienna Teng, Howlin' Rain, Everest, The Dynamites and Carney.

scoop49er
06-18-2008, 09:08 AM
FRIDAY LINEUP:
RADIOHEAD
BECK
MANU CHAO
THE BLACK KEYS
COLD WAR KIDS
STEEL PULSE
LYRICS BORN
BLACK MOUNTAIN
THE FELICE BROTHERS
HOWLIN RAIN
THE DYNAMITES
CARNEY

SATURDAY LINEUP:
PRIMUS
STEVE WINWOOD
CAFÉ TACVBA
LUPE FIASCO
REGINA SPEKTOR
GALACTIC’S CRESCENT CITY SOUL KREWE
FEAT. DIRTY DOZEN HORNS
M. WARD
DEVENDRA BANHART
MATT NATHANSON
TWO GALLANTS
DREDG
ABIGAIL WASHBURN & THE SPARROW
QUARTET FEAT. BELA FLECK
THE WALKMEN
SIDESTEPPER
KAKI KING
THE COUP
LIARS
DONAVON FRANKENREITER
NELLIE MCKAY
GOAPELE
SEAN HAYES
RUPA & THE APRIL FISHES
EVEREST

SUNDAY LINEUP:
JACK JOHNSON
WILCO
WIDESPREAD PANIC
RODRIGO Y GABRIELA
BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE
ANDREW BIRD
DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
TOOTS & THE MAYTALS
STARS
ROGUE WAVE
ALO
JACKIE GREENE
MIKE GORDON
THE COOL KIDS
GRACE POTTER & THE NOCTURNALS
LITTLE BROTHER
BON IVER
VIENNA TENG
IVAN NEVILLE'S DUMPSTAPHUNK
THE MOTHER HIPS
NICOLE ATKINS & THE SEA
K’NAAN
BACK DOOR SLAM
CULVER CITY DUB COLLECTIVE

shakermaker113
06-18-2008, 09:35 AM
this is awfully cynical, but somehow those additions make me less interested.

suprefan
06-18-2008, 09:50 AM
So who got added? Well Black Mountain to Friday helps a little......

jigsaw
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Lyrics Born got added to Friday. I think Black Moutain was already there.

here are the latest additions as of 6/18/08:

The Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival taking place in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, Earth, on August 22, 23 & 24, 2008 just got EVEN sweeter with the latest artist additions of Toots & the Maytals, Rogue Wave, The Walkmen, Mike Gordon, Abigail Washburn & the Sparrow Quartet feat. Bela Fleck, Vienna Teng, Howlin' Rain, Everest, The Dynamites and Carney.

IdiotequeThom
06-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Hmm, besides the Walkmen, those are pretty weak additions.

Blinken
06-18-2008, 10:09 AM
So who got added? Well Black Mountain to Friday helps a little......

Black Mountain was already on the line up, pay attention.

woogie846
06-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Alright! Bela Fleck!

BlackSwan
06-18-2008, 10:24 AM
this is awfully cynical, but somehow those additions make me less interested.

i agree... Toots is cool tho.

nice sig btw:winkiss

scoop49er
06-18-2008, 12:42 PM
yeah the additions are nothing major... but im there

Somewhat Damaged
06-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Got the e-mail about the additions. Don't think there are enough bands over the whole weekend that I'd be eager to pay $85 for, much less spending that amount for Friday only. It reminded me about my reservation -- I had given the info to somebody (cdubby?) on the board so he could transfer it over to his name but I guess he hadn't done it yet because when I called the hotel, they still had the reservation under my name. So I canceled it since I won't be making the fest after all. I was staying at the Beach Motel if anyone wants to snatch it up -- they had been out of vacancies prior to that, just fyi.

scoop49er
06-18-2008, 02:28 PM
there are enough good bands each day to keep me busy... we have already done coachella and bonnaroo but by the time august comes around, ill be ready for this festival. plus its basically in my background so im there...

fikus222
06-18-2008, 02:36 PM
there are enough good bands each day to keep me busy...

I agree, though this continues to be an awfully lopsided festival.

I do like Bela Fleck as an addition.

I had better not have conflicts, my list of 'to see' artists is already small enough w/o losing some to conflicts.

Our only hope now is for some cool after parties.

suprefan
06-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Black Mountain was already on the line up, pay attention.

I dont think they were given a day yet, thats what I was alluding to.

Blinken
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
The room at the beach motel is already snagged.

They were on Friday a few weeks ago when i bought my ticket.

Somewhat Damaged
06-18-2008, 03:08 PM
plus its basically in my background so im there...

Yeah, it ain't in my backyard, and though my flight would probably be super cheap, I've also gotta take into consideration the time off I've got the following week for Radiohead in San Diego & Santa Barbara. I'm sure I would find bands to become a fan of, but it just isn't cost effective enough for me.

The room at the beach motel is already snagged.

Meaning you snagged it or you tried and it was already gone?

Blinken
06-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I tried and it was already gone

aeroplanee
06-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Are Stars really still playing????

Honestly everyone i want to see i have seen or will see around that time

*Crosses Fingers For Manu Chao And Wilco Los Angeles Dates*

xxxxxxxxxx
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
I dont think they were given a day yet, thats what I was alluding to.

they have been on the friday line up the whole time.

BlackSwan
06-18-2008, 04:54 PM
i would just like to point out that they added the bassist from Phish to the line up...

xxxxxxxxxx
06-18-2008, 05:34 PM
i would just like to point out that they added the bassist from Phish to the line up...

he's a really nice guy. too bad his music sucks. another reason not to go sunday.

BlackSwan
06-18-2008, 10:34 PM
he's a really nice guy. too bad his music sucks. another reason not to go sunday.

Broken Social Scene... the only reason i need to get me to the park on sunday.

fikus222
06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Out of the 3 days there are only 5 bands that I am actually excited to see and another 10 bands that I am cool with seeing. Out of 70 acts, I guess these are okay percentages.

I am just lucky that I am not traveling to this fest, otherwise it totally wouldn't be worth it (all I would have to do to make up for not going would be to see Radiohead and Beck elsewhere and I would be perfectly content).

BlackSwan
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Out of the 3 days there are only 5 bands that I am actually excited to see and another 10 bands that I am cool with seeing. Out of 70 acts, I guess these are okay percentages.

I am just lucky that I am not traveling to this fest, otherwise it totally wouldn't be worth it (all I would have to do to make up for not going would be to see Radiohead and Beck elsewhere and I would be perfectly content).

these are the acts i am going to be seeing...

RADIOHEAD
BECK
MANU CHAO
STEEL PULSE
LYRICS BORN
PRIMUS
RODRIGO Y GABRIELA
BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE
TOOTS & THE MAYTALS
BON IVER
THE MOTHER HIPS

12 isn't too bad, i'm not really that EXCITED! about them all tho.

Cdubby
06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
since im only going friday im happy about radiohead and beck

chiapet
06-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Really excited to see: Radiohead, Beck, Manu Chao, BSS, Rodrigo y Gabriela, BSS. Yea, there are a lot I'm "okay with" seeing and will be glad to see within the ticket price (but I would never go see solo). I doubt I'll feel I have unused time with no one to see.

SFChrissy
06-20-2008, 08:21 AM
I can't believe toots & the maytals have been added...I hope that's on friday same stage as steel pulse!!!

dorkfish
06-20-2008, 09:07 AM
I can't believe toots & the maytals have been added...I hope that's on friday same stage as steel pulse!!!
They were added to Sunday.

IdiotequeThom
06-20-2008, 09:13 AM
I'm only really excited to see Radiohead, Beck, and Dredg. There's a lot of decent bands playing, but not many excellent ones.
I definately regret buying these tickets..

fiyahhh!
06-21-2008, 06:03 AM

Mike Gordon's reeeeal nice -- if you're an underage girl.

Backwater
07-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Galactic with the Dirty Dozen Brass band is going to be unbelieveable! After Tom Petty and Primus, they will the third best show of the day. Mark my words. I've seen both of those bands seperately and they're both great live bands. New Orleans Funk at it's finest.

xxxxxxxxxx
07-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Galactic with the Dirty Dozen Brass band is going to be unbelieveable! After Tom Petty and Primus, they will the third best show of the day. Mark my words. I've seen both of those bands seperately and they're both great live bands. New Orleans Funk at it's finest.

Boots Riley from The Coup is performing with Galactic too.

suprefan
07-07-2008, 12:01 AM
So can we get some set times already, its not that hard to schedule this.....

anti-square
07-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Seriously. Just read the poster from the bottom up. At least for the only day I'll be attending.

Backwater
07-07-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm right with you guys. What is this, Vegoose?

Backwater
07-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Maybe they still don't even know how many stages they will have. It seems like they should have 4 or 5.

shakermaker113
07-07-2008, 08:38 AM
asking for set times already? it's 6 weeks away.

BlackSwan
07-07-2008, 10:23 AM
i'm looking forward to the Radiohead show i am seeing 3 days later more than this.

scoop49er
07-07-2008, 11:06 AM
im looking forward to fri and sat. we r skipping sun.... but friday then going into sat should be very cool and i heard the setup is going to be very cool as well..

davrone
07-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I wonder how much of Golden Gate Park will actually be used. That place is massive.

greghead
08-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Set times are posted. Unfortunately Manu Chao's spot fucks up any among us who wanted to comfortably watch him, Beck, and Radiohead

Bud Luster
08-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Maybe they still don't even know how many stages they will have. It seems like they should have 4 or 5.

Looks more 2 maybe 3, I have looked at the sched.

I wonder how much of Golden Gate Park will actually be used. That place is massive.

They will probably only be using the GGP Polo field...

Sushov23
08-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Set times are posted. Unfortunately Manu Chao's spot fucks up any among us who wanted to comfortably watch him, Beck, and Radiohead

they should have put The Black Keys>Manu Chao>Radiohead together. Sucks i'm not going, I was supposed to, but things got ruined for me.

boarderwoozel3
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM

Nonsense! Manu paying in front of Radiohead is perfect. Allows me to camp at the main stage on Friday. I would like to see Beck and Cold War Kids but I'm just not willing to risk not getting a primo spot for Manu and Radiohead.

boarderwoozel3
08-14-2008, 03:27 PM
they should have put The Black Keys>Manu Chao>Radiohead together. Sucks i'm not going, I was supposed to, but things got ruined for me.

I'm fine with burning to Steel Pulse.

greghead
08-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Nonsense! Manu paying in front of Radiohead is perfect. Allows me to camp at the main stage on Friday. I would like to see Beck and Cold War Kids but I'm just not willing to risk not getting a primo spot for Manu and Radiohead.

Manu playing before Radiohead is perfect, but I was hoping that Beck would be a possibility. But like you said, I'm camping mainstage all day to ensure a primo spot. Let's burn one.

Blinken
08-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I am just going to see where the drugs take me at the fest. I want to see black mountain and radiohead the most.

BlackSwan
08-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Manu playing before Radiohead is perfect, but I was hoping that Beck would be a possibility. But like you said, I'm camping mainstage all day to ensure a primo spot. Let's burn one.

see you there... i'm doing the same.

Geno_g
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM
I am just going to see where the drugs take me at the fest. I want to see black mountain and radiohead the most.

Same here, I want to see black mountain, beck/manu chao, and Radiohead, I'll see where is my head, and then find out who I want to see...

boarderwoozel3
08-14-2008, 11:41 PM

I'm fully down for a boardie smoke session. We should work out a location and time. Something like; front of the main stage around steel pulse.

But Manu playing on the same stage before Radiohead is insanity!

sbessiso
08-14-2008, 11:56 PM
aww no Beck boarder....my heart is a little broken but I understand (I guess)

boarderwoozel3
08-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I wanted to see beck but I would have to give up my spot for Radiohead and thats just not going to happen :/ I had to wiegh my options and risking a shitty spot for both or an awesome spot for Radiohead is a no brainer...

sbessiso
08-15-2008, 12:30 AM
the conflicts hurt. to a point where I think I made the right choice in not going. Beck's gunna miss you, he told me.

but manu chao kicks all kinds of ass. fuck the haters! (boourns)

Geno_g
08-16-2008, 03:54 PM
I made a E-mail to the promoters of this festival saying they messed up on the scheduling, they should have put Beck on before Radiohead, this conflict will cause a lot of traffic from stage to stage, and chaos when Radiohead starts and people are trying to venture over from another stage...

no response and no schedule change, it was worth a shot...