PDA

View Full Version : Spiritualized Marriage Proposal Pics?

BlueGirl
04-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi! We got engaged during the Spiritualized set on Sunday in the Mojave tent and were wondering if anyone got pictures of this? It was a spontaneous act so it'd be super exciting if someone caught the magic with their phone or camera. If you did, please send the photos our way at elizabecker.phl@gmail.com so we can share them with our friends and family back home. Thanks so much!

fiopadp7791
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Sorry,

I didn't even see their set, but I'm just wishing you and your fiance' congrats!!!

orbit
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
I hope you didn't get engaged during the first half of Spiritualized set. If so, I'm sorry the person in charge of the sound ruined the magic act.

Where did this happen?

BlueGirl
05-04-2008, 08:28 PM
We were near the front of the Mojave tent to the left facing the stage. He proposed to me during the third song in the Spiritualized set: "True Love Will Find You in the End" by Daniel Johnston. We'd heard Daniel play it at a recent show and decided upon it as "our song", so it was just too perfect a moment to pass up. Jim had been carrying the ring around in his pocket because he didn't trust leaving it with the hotel but wasn't originally planning on proposing at the festival. When he saw I was already crying at the beginning of the song, he dropped to his knee and proposed.

It was insanely romantic for a couple of music lovers like us and couldn't have been orchestrated any better. Were there sound problems? Everything in that tent sounded like a heavenly choir to me. Spiritualized has been a favorite band of mine for many years and having them create the soundtrack for our special moment was amazing. I was really hoping that we'd get some photos from the crowd around us on this thread. It felt like a hundred flashes went off, but it must just have been an endorphin rush. Seriously, it was the best day in my life so far.

algunz
05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Too cool, I wish you all the best.

U gonna get married during Yes next year?

emtgreg
05-04-2008, 08:48 PM
there was supposed to be a wedding last year during the decemberists...

but i think it fell apart (decemberists fans tend to be umm, odd)

orbit
05-04-2008, 08:56 PM
there was a marriage proposal last year during Wilco at Voodoo. I think the guy knew the organizers or something. There was a pic in the screen and Jeff Tweedy dedicated Heavy Metal Drummer to the couple.

BlueGirl
05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
there was a marriage proposal last year during Wilco at Voodoo. I think the guy knew the organizers or something. There was a pic in the screen and Jeff Tweedy dedicated Heavy Metal Drummer to the couple.

That must have been fun to watch. It was funny in our case, because Jim hadn't decided when/where exactly he'd propose but he was sure it wasn't going to be the festival. Popping the question under a sweltering, sweaty tent wasn't originally at the top of his list. ;)

suprefan
07-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Ok this turned weird with WOW power leveling now as spam?

woogie846
07-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Congrats, but sorry, I wasn't at Spiritualized.

thewindowliquor
07-22-2008, 08:45 PM
I think the craziest part is that she didn't recognize the sound was jacked up. I actually walked into the tent about the time he started the song she's talking about. It's a good song, but it sounded awful.

edit:
yeah, i've been thinking about this, and it really really sucks that it sounded so bad. That's the only time I've seen them, and I'm a fan. Also, I really like that Daniel Johnston song, and I recognized it right away, and it made me sad, because it just sounded terrible. Beck also did a cover of this, and it's one of the few Beck songs I really love.

JebusLives
12-02-2008, 07:52 PM
All I remember of Spiritualized's set was the audio problems, and the turbo-hot black backup singer. Can I get a 2nd?

Alchemy
12-03-2008, 07:33 AM
All I remember during Spiritualized was Spiritualized, Passive, and the Kenado.

menikmati
12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I saw the whole set right in front of the sound booth and I have no memories at all of the sound being fucked up.

JebusLives
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I saw the whole set right in front of the sound booth and I have no memories at all of the sound being fucked up.

His mic kept feeding back... he got really mad at the sound guys at one point. That and the bleed from other stages. otherwise it sounded great!

Undies
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM

That's interesting, because sound was reeeeeeaaaaly jacked up for a couple of songs, and it wasn't one of those "to the trained ear" bad type of things. I know sh*t about sound and it really bothered me. There were a few instances of really intense feed back (not the good kind). People were even heckling the sound guy. I felt bad for him.

menikmati
12-05-2008, 11:30 PM
hmm, werird....the heat must of knocked me out of it then, because i do remember it being fucking hot as hell where I was standing...the setting sun was basically beating right down on the back of my neck and i was miserable.

lizng
01-21-2009, 06:07 AM
If this girl hasn't gotten married yet, it needs to happen this year in the Mojave. I'll donate my lackluster services and preside over the ceremony... I got ordained by some shady internet church for my brother's wedding. Fuck, who wouldn't want to get hitched at Coachella?

BROKENDOLL
01-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Suffacated and I talked about getting married at Coachella in 2007...Imagine 60,000 cupcakes for all the guests!